• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
Well...I guess he'll just stand and watch. Brýtunn didn't have any fancy magics or powers that could do such things. In the end, he was but a berserker, cursed with immortality by the gods. He stands on the ground of the planet he's on, looking around. Then, he sits down on his knees, with his axe across his legs and looking down, meditating... He starts zapping the energy out of the air, emitting a cold which slowly encompasses him. He concentrates all he can on doing this, absorbing the energy around him and causing all atoms to freeze in place, meaning zero kelvin in physics terms...

Khrona took note of what Brytunn was doing. He was trying to pull the energy out of the air that was already part of Khrona's soul. That was a bad idea, for the Soul Energy that Khrona emitted when his soul was released gave him spiritual power to manipulate his own soul and its energy in any way he saw fit. Absorbing any of it was deadly, since then Khrona could do something like this...

"Soul Legato - Long Distance Cadenza!"

The Legato allows for one to strike from very far away through harmonization of wavelengths to a certain distance within the radius of the soul. Since Khrona's soul now encompassed the space of a thousand suns thanks to Brytunn, he could strike Brytunn from anywhere in the cosmos. With a powerful spiritual force, Brytunn would be blasted with the Soul Legato if he had no means of counteracting it. Yet, even if he did, Khrona's main attack came from what he was going to do with the planet he was charging with his Soul Energy.

"Planet Destruction Cannon!" Khrona cried out as he literally swept across the planet he was on, spun it to face Brytunn on the other planet, and launched it with an immense power that was able to shatter the planet that was coming at him and keep all of the momentum going with only soul energy alone. This planetary sized soul energy blast would be able to wipe the planet that Brytunn sat on away with little to no effort, and hopefully Brytunn and his soul, as well.

It seemed like Khrona was getting serious now.

Floating through space, Khrona flickered himself as a soul to the next planet, charging it up and getting ready to do the same thing again. He had the thought to use this solar system's star for this technique, but if he didn't need to, then he wouldn't. Firing off planets was fine for now.

Brýtunn could withstand the Soul Legato due to his own strong soul, but the planetary annihilation was a physical threat, and so his body would be blasted... In the violent energy of the planets colliding, Brýtunn would be blasted with everything from tidal heating to tectonic plates collapsing, and little more would remain... Such, one would think, but in the middle of the now glowing mass of molten magma and chaos, a sphere slowly arose. A sphere of absolute zero degrees kelvin. It stopped all movement and momentum within, keeping the very atoms themselves completely still. And it kept growing. Well inside this sphere, Brýtunn remained unharmed after all of this, his soul untouchable and so was now his physical body as he kept meditating with immense concentration. Sometimes, violent attacks are not the answer.

Khrona continued to watch from a different planet, seeing that Brytunn had now kept himself protected in a sphere of Absolute Zero. It was impressive, to say the least, but Khrona hadn't even begun to get started yet. He was still only in his Second Restriction out of Thirteen, and this was in no way his strongest capability. "Bravo," Khrona's voice echoed, as his entire soul that encompassed the cosmos allowed him to speak through it anywhere at any time, as well as be anywhere within it at any time, "But You Still Absorbed Some Of My Soul Into You When You Absorbed That Energy." Khrona smirked. "So I Don't Need To Hit You From The Outside. I'm Already Inside." Manipulating the soul energy that Brytunn absorbed into himself, Khrona said, "Soul Alter!" and began to alter the very makeup of Brytunn's soul. Brytunn's Godly soul would be slowly, but surely, altered to that of a mere mortal once again, reverting back to its form from before he ever became an immortal. This didn't happen instantly, but it did happen gradually, as Khrona's Soul Energy slowly infected and contaminated Brytunn's soul with his own.

"You're Underestimating My Power," the spiritual Khrona said, "But I Have A Feeling That I Have Yet To See What You're Capable Of Yet..." Or, so he hoped.

Meanwhile, Khrona continued to charge the next planet he was on with more of his Soul Energy so that he could get ready for another 'Planet Destruction Cannon' when the time was right... Or, perhaps, something a bit more spiritually destructive... Even planets have souls, after all.

I can feel this gradual degradation of my soul, and so I battle it. This breaks my conenctration, and my sphere starts heating up once more. Fire starts bursting from all around me, but I start to win the battle for my soul. My soul is still concentrated in a small area, yet I only absorbed a little bit of yours, meaning I'm more powerful within me still and I remain in power. And as my physical form starts to burn, I finally win the battle for my soul as I absorb the small remnants of your soul completely, making it into my own and thus making me more powerful than before...
"Attempting to backstab me with such a foul tactic? You truly are a despicable opponent. No honor."

"WHAT?!" Khrona stopped everything he was doing and warped to where Brytunn was, swiping his arms powerfully to part all of the magmatic destruction that was part of the two planets' collision. "You Think I Have No Honor? I Am Fighting You In Ways That Are Simply Creative And Also Meant To Take Advantage Of Whatever Openings I May Have! I'm Not The One That Absorbed Someone Else's Energy Unwittingly, You Know." Khrona turned his ghostly back to Brytunn as he hovered close, gazing at another planet nearby. "I Use Tactics That Work, Like I Said Before. Would You Rather Me Just Try To Hit You And Have No Effect? That's Neither Efficient Nor Intelligent!" Hopefully Khrona's argument made Brytunn reconsider his insult to Khrona and his tactics. "I Do Not Know What You Consider An Honorable Fight, So I Do Not Know Which Of My Capabilities I Should Or Should Not Use. I Merely Feel Like Anything Goes." He turned to Brytunn, placing his transparent hands on his hips, "Would You REALLY Rather I Fight You Physically, In My Third Form? I Highly Doubt It Will Change The Outcome -- I Only Get Stronger The Farther Up We Go In My Transformations. The Third One Just Limits Me To All Physicality, But It Might Not Be What You Expect." No one ever suspected how Khrona fought, ESPECIALLY when he used his legendary 'Anatomia' against an opponent. "Don't Leave Me In The Dark -- Let Me Know What You Believe An Honorable Fight Is."

Brýtunn sits and listens to Khrona's entire speech without moving, his eyes still closed and meditating. But when Khrona finally finishes his speech, he smiles. The smile turns into a chuckle, then a laugh, and the giant berserker stands up, towering over Khrona as he looks down at him.
"You are easily irritated, stranger. Mere words are enough to make you stop attacking and enter a baby rage. You may be untouchable in a fight, invulnerable to physical attacks and destroyer of entire worlds. But you are vulnerable to mere words. I have won, stranger, for I have shown myself more powerful and cunning in the end."

Last edited:
Khrona considered the thought, placing a hand to his chin. "Somehow, I Knew You Would Say That." Yet, Khrona was still undoubtedly undefeated. "You Talk To Me About Honor, Then Do Something Like This To Try To Trick Me? I Only Came Over Here And DIDN'T Destroy You So That We Could Have The Fair Fight You Wanted." Khrona wasn't happy about being 'tricked', so to speak, but the battle wasn't exactly over. It was more or less... Put on hold. "Maaah, I Just Want To Make Sure You Can Say That I Fought You Fair And Square, That's All!" Khrona did have a baby rage and was sometimes rather childish, especially for a grown man, but his childish spirit is what kept him going sometimes. "Fool Me Once, Shame On You, But Fool Me Twice..." as the saying goes. "I'll Just Give You This Battle, Since I Won The Mental Battle From Before And Call Us Tied. I'll Move On To My Next Restriction Out Of Respect For You, But Be Warned... I Won't Be Beguiled By Your Thoughts Of Honor Again."

Khrona withdrew the planet he charged his Soul Energy into, allowing the two of them to gently rest upon it as if the planet itself were a creature that carefully placed riders upon its back. "This Next Fight Will Be Completely Physical, So I Don't Want To Hear Anything About Dishonor From You, Smart Guy!" Khrona glowed brightly for a moment and his transparent body was consumed with a bright light. Cell by cell, his body took form from out of the form of a spirit, and once each cell connected with confirmation, the glow ceased and Khrona stood on the field -- a barren wasteland -- just the same as he'd been when he first called someone out to fight with him... Only his hair was black and his skin was gray. The rest of him was the same: The skintight black suit with gloves and boots to match, the black jacket, and the soul serving as a belt buckle. A clump of his black hair fell over one of his red eyes and he gave a wide, sharp-toothed grin. "I'll Show You Why They Used To Call Me... The Black Dragon!"

Without warning, Khrona's jacket seemed to shift into the shape of draconic wings stretching to a great eight hundred foot wingspan in just a mere moment's notice. They were more durable than any physical substance and just their opening caused the planet to quake and tornadoes to brew from the vacuum. Khrona adjusted his gloves and, out of his own skin, a tophat and cane manifested, making him look like an English gentleman... Somewhat. "Whenever You're Ready, My Friend," was all that he said, allowing Brytunn to make the first move. This fight would surely prove Khrona's honor.

Such a fragile sense of honor, Brýtunn thought to himself... But honor was what his entire religion was based on, and he would accept this next duel. As Khrona turned into a spirit for a moment, he saw something standing behind Brýtunn. A massive white wolf, easily the size of three war horses and with a gaze that could send chills down the spine of mortals. It radiated a cold blue energy which flowed around it in swirls, and as this manifestation grew stronger Brýtunn suddenly lept up and backwards, landing on the back of the wolf. Two life-long companions joined together, Brýtunn felt the thrill of the oncoming battle in his blood, and he hungered for combat. He raised his massive axe to the sky.
"For the Emperor!"
He let out his warcry with these words, and suddenly the wolf on which he was riding lept forward at blazingly fast speeds. It's a corporeal entity, not bound by the laws of this world, and so it used this to its advantage as it rode towards Khrona, reaching him in mere moments...

The first thing Khrona needed to do was adapt to the cold if he was going to fight mister winter-frost. "Absorption," Khrona calmly said, wavering his enormous wings with a light twinge. The vacuum they created from such a light movement sucked in the cold air and withdrew it into Khrona's body, allowing his body to instantly become immune to the effects of the element of choice as well as utilize said element for himself by integrating it into his very DNA, which he had absolute control over. That meant that no matter how cold it got, Khrona would be unaffected, and his skin turned an icy blue color.

With a small, gentle flap of his wings, Khrona was sent rocketing backward with a force like that of an explosion, which should have also knocked the wolf and wolf man away with the power. "These Wings Can Crush Planets With A Swipe," Khrona said as he barreled through the air carelessly, "So Don't Underestimate Their Power." Khrona's speeding body was moving so fast away from Brytunn that it almost seemed like it would come apart... Yet, every cell held together and even fortified, strengthening Khrona's body to something beyond what any g-force power could tear apart. If he needed to fly into space, that would also be how he'd get there without tearing his own flesh apart with just flaps of his great, draconic wings.

When he was comfortable with the distance made between the two of them, -- which was roughly about halfway around the planet several times the size of Earth -- Khrona expanded his wings again and caused himself to halt immediately on the dime, no form of concussive force damaging him or his body in any way. He floated there ominously for a moment before touching the ground, using his Anatomia to 'Merge' with it and find out where on this planet Brytunn was and where he was going; if he were charging in, stationary, or running the opposite direction.

That was all he'd do for now -- monitor the situation.

He finds that Brýtunn has become stationary, standing upon his winter wolf companion as they both look around, eager for blood. Fenrýkk, Brýtunn's companion, was fast and certainly had much power, but he could not leap half-way across the planet like that, and so he simply waited for the opponent to show himself once more, much like Brýtunn was doing...

Khrona noted that the two stopped moving. 'There...' he thought, seeping into the ground and appearing behind them from out of it. "I Just Wanted To See What You'd Do," Khrona said before one of his wings morphed into an enormous black fist, thrusting down with the might of the powerful wing flap that sent Khrona speeding across the planet and more. This punch was nothing like the psychic punch at the beginning of the battle nor the psychic fight that happened in Khrona's mind -- this punch was planet-shattering, and would do so upon contact with it or with Brytunn. However, even if the planet shattered, it would not disperse, for now Khrona was part of the planet, itself, and was able to hold it together with just his physical form that had Merged with it alone. "Now, Let's Have Us A Skirmish!" Khrona said, his other black dragon wing turning into a large, overshadowing sword, which he kept at the ready to slice at Brytunn as a counterattack should the 'Black Fist' of his 'Dragon Wing' fighting style fail.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back