• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Khrona Tensei

"Nothing Is Ever A Waste Until You Give Up On It."
In a random abandoned dimension with universes and planets that were all emptied out of life -- or, perhaps, never had any to begin with -- a certain one of these planets is targeted by the one Khrona Tensei from the Veritas Dimension. "That One," Khrona, the multicolored crystal-haired man said from beyond a Dimension Gate, which allowed him to travel to other dimensions from the Veritas, "That Planet Looks Nice And Lively... Er, Well, Maybe Not Lively..." Stepping forth from the Dimension Gate, the man in an all skintight black suit and boots, sporting equally as dark gloves and a signature jacket as a cloak, stood upon the plain plains of this empty planet. "I Sure Hope I Got The Coordinates Right," he said to himself, "I Wouldn't Want Any Casualties..."

Khrona looked around, seeing a few trees here and there, a stream, and some mountains off in the distance. "Maybe No Organic Life Lives Here, But The Inorganic Life Sure Is Pretty When It's Natural Like This!" Khrona wondered what the other planets looked like... As well as the other universes within this dimension. "Well, Let Me Send A Call Out To Someone Psychically To See If Anyone Will Respond..." Khrona closed his eyes and using his special psychic powers -- called 'Psychodynatheos' -- he sent a message out to other dimensions to anyone who could or would hear him for a battle in this empty dimension.

"No call is needed, little man."
Khrona suddenly hears behind him. A voice which is strong enough to shake his very bones, it's spoken in a heavy northern accent and with growls, sounding as if an actual wolf was trying to speak. Behind him stood a massive herculean man, with thick white fur and the head of a strong wolf. Wearing ancient nordic leg armor and two big steel and fur shoulder pauldrons, keeping his upper body bare. Standing over eight feet tall, Brýtunn looks down at the strange figure which just entered this dimension with a curious expression, holding his massive greataxe with the bottom on the ground.

The tank of a white wolf growls slightly every time he exhales, sounding like a sleeping dragon, his breath condensing even in this temperate air which betrays the heat inside him. Yet even so, Khrona can feel a chill wind coming from this wolf as if he's made of ice...

The sudden appearance of the wolf man was not unexpected by Khrona, for when he sent out the psychic call, he was also reading the thought wave patterns of whatever would pick up on it. Khrona was definitely interested in the man's appearance, however, and turned to face him. "Why, Hello!" Khrona said politely, as if not intimidated at all by the hulking wolf. "I'm Khrona Tensei, Of The Veritas! I'm Looking For An Opponent That Can Best Me In All Thirteen Of My Different Forms. So Far, No One Has Gotten To Even The Third." Khrona was like a Final Boss, but also a Superboss at the same time. "But I'm Sure You Knew That If You're Already Here, Brytunn." Khrona was already aware of the man's name because of his psychic power, so no introduction was needed.

Khrona eyed Brytunn up and down, his crystal blue eyes suddenly flashing to red with his 'Hyper Perception' activated. "I Suppose I Ought To Get To The Point, Though..." Khrona started to say as he crossed his arms across his chest in an X fashion. He floated backward to give himself distance between him and Brytunn, a cocoon of crystalline energy swirling around his body and creating a lofty cradle for his body, which fell into slumber. 'This Is My First Restriction Form,' Khrona spake now from his mind with a booming voice not unlike the wolf man's before, 'And In It, I'm Restricted To Only Using My Psychic Powers.' Khrona's multicolored hair took the solid color of lavender after he spoke, signifying that he truly was in his First Restriction form, as the color of his hair indicated which form he was in. 'Shall We Dance?' the psychic asked psionically.

"...fight?"
The big wolf asked, confused. He was simply here after being banished to this realm, and he has wandered it since. In fact, Khrona is the first life he has encountered here...and he wants to fight?
...very well, then. It has been too long since Brýtunn had himself a good fight, and his bloodlust has gnawed in the back of his mind for a long time. He smirks lightly, picking his axe up and getting into a wide combat stance, mentally preparing himself for battle. This should be good.

"Yes, we shall dance. You seem like an honorable opponent, strange little man. Perhaps even a challenge for once."
Brýtunn admitted as he stared at Khrona. He bowed before him once, uttering a strange word which Khrona has never heard before, then gets back into his combat stance once again, the runes of his axe glowing a light blue color like his eyes. He had no magic, he had no psychic powers...all he had was his axe, his blessing, and over five thousand years of combat experience...
"May our battle forge the very fabric of this plane."

The sound of echoed giggling could be heard throughout the field, followed by a powerful lash of psychic force like a whip at Brytunn. 'Yes, I Can Sense Great Honor In You, As Well,' Khrona said mentally, the sleeping man of lavender hair floating closer as if to proceed in close combat, 'And I Plan To Be More Than A Challenge.' With those words said, Khrona initiated another psychic attack at Brytunn, a psionic force in the shape of a large and foreboding fist about the size of Brytunn's body. It came like a rocket, speeding toward him from close range. It had the power behind it to knock any normal man clear across the planet, but Khrona didn't doubt that Brytunn was stronger than any mortal... In fact, he was counting on it.

And that he was. Brýtunn tanked the force of the fist with barely a scratch. It's like mortal hitting a mountain. His iron will keeps his heavy boots firmly placed on the ground, and he just lets out a growl as he starts walking towards Khrona with determined steps. The pain of the punch fuels his rage as it slowly starts building within him. A berserker at heart. His breathing becomes heavier and heavier, his eyes glowing brighter.
"You rely on psychic power, but you fail to see that my will is stronger than such foul magics. You can not hope to harm me with your mind, for mine is stronger."

'We'll See About That'... Khrona spake mentally from his unconscious state, using his psionic projection as just a feint for the real attack. 'I Use No Magic,' Khrona said as his psychic force, which had dispersed across the field when it hit Brytunn's body, intensified in the area, 'For The Mind Is A Weapon All Its Own.' Perhaps, anything nonphysical to Brytunn was seen as 'magical' from his realm, but Khrona knew that he did not use magic at all... What was known as 'magic' in his dimension was 'Manna', and he used that in certain instances.

This was not one of them, however.

Khrona's body suddenly became transparent as the psychic power intensified, and the very earth around them compressed intensely. Khrona was omitting a powerful mental force that was strong enough to crush mountains into dust and invert them into the earth. This was to hold Brytunn in place. He knew he had to use his mind in a more powerful fashion because he'd tested the waters with the psionic punch that allowed him to spread his psychic influence all over the field. 'I'll Let You See What's Inside Of My Head...' Khrona said as he suddenly disappeared and the area around them became pitch black. Several laughing eyes and watching mouths parted in the blackness, and a crimson red lightning struck every now and then, but nowhere near the battlefield.

Where had Khrona gone, however? That was the question left to be determined.

Brýtunn stopped, assuming a battle stance and keeping his ears on a swivel, listening and watching all around him. This foe was certainly powerful, much more so than anything he had ever seen before, yet he stayed calm for now. With the pressure of his rage building, he could unleash it at will, but chose to wait for a good opportunity. With his mind hardened, this nightmarish land of darkness and instanity had little effect on the titan warrior, and he simply kept his guard up, waiting for whatever the strange man was planning. He tightened his grip on his massive axe, snarling as he kept his rage in check.
"Your mind is that of a madman, yet I can endure. You speak of fighting, yet you have so far not come near me once. Face me, and we shall do battle."

'Face?' Khrona said as his face --eyes closed -- literally appeared before Brytunn, translucent and disembodied, 'Who Isn't Facing You?'

'This Is Not My Form That Does Physical Combat,' Khrona explained, hands just as see-through as his face manifesting nearby, 'You Have To Prove Yourself Worthy Against My Mind And Soul Before You Think About Fighting Me Physically.' The large face and hands hovered before Brytunn, they being enormous in size. 'My Mind Is As Strong As Any Physical Force,' Khrona went on to say, lobbing a jab at Brytunn's entire body, this time with the might of what he'd done initially a hundredfold, 'I Just Need To Know How Much Mental Force To Apply.'

Still, Khrona's mind wasn't without its tire. He was conserving energy by remaining in a state of unconscious, and that's where he'd brought Brytunn -- into his unconscious mind. 'I'm Rather Conservative With My Energy. I Don't Need To Use Too Much Of It, But I Also Don't Want To Use Too Little,' he spake. 'I'm Feeling You Out, Letting My Mind Get Adjusted.' Khrona laughed, a body starting to manifest from the wrists and neck of the hands and face, 'But Just Know That My Mind Is A Force To Be Reckoned With, As You Should Be Able To See.' Once Khrona's entire body was formed, he stood as a giant well beyond several hundreds of feet taller than Brytunn, readying himself for physical(?) combat.

Brýtunn is thrown back far by this jab, yet he remains upright, his boots grinding against the ground the entire way until the friction causes him to stop. He growls and watches as Khrona manifested as a giant, towering above the big wolf, yet this didn't scare him. His iron will kept him steadfast against the assaults of Khrona's mind, not budging. But...he didn't attack.
"It is fruitless to fight you within your own mind. You have full control of this domain, and can do as you wish. But neither can you defeat me, for none of this is truly real. This is but your imagination."

'You Don't Intend To Escape?' The halt in assault did confuse Khrona, as normally one would try to find some means of escape. 'Well, There Are Ways Out Of People's Minds, You Know,' Khrona said without moving his mouth, eyes still closed, 'But Don't Underestimate The Power Of One's Imagination When Their Brain Is Fully Active!' Khrona may have been unconscious, but he used one hundred percent of his brain; he kept his body in motion, his organs pumping... Well, it was more that he knew that these things were happening than he was doing it with an effort. The brain still functioned the same way, it was just a matter of conscious awareness. He could control whether his body moves or organs pumped, however... In his Third Restriction form, he could even control his own blood, flesh, and bone.

Without warning after that, Khrona took a single stride toward Brytunn, hurling his foot in a way as to punt him clear across the abyss of his unconscious mind. 'Maybe Your Own Imagination Can Save You,' Khrona said forebodingly, giggling some with an echo behind it.

As Khrona tried to kick Brýtunn away, he finally acted. He put up his axe and speared the hooked end right into the foot. It went straight through flesh like butter, and hooked itself inside. Using this leverage, Brýtunn hurled himself upwards and used his axe like a climbing pick, starting to rapidly climb Khrona's body. Every lunge upwards is quick, and as his axe went through the flesh of Khrona he could feel his pain disappear, being replaced by rage. Rage he could control, but rage that still made him stronger for every second...

Though the foot was made completely out of psionic energy, the axe still made its hook. 'Oh?' Khrona said inquisitively, watching as his psionic body became a mountain climbing range for the wolf man, 'Looks Like You're Ready To Fight Now.' Khrona smirked as the man made his way closer to the face. 'However...' he'd say mentally, finally opening his eyes, a light shining from them that could be described as momentarily blinding, 'I Haven't Even Started To Use My True Psychic Power.' The sliver of glowing white that was Khrona's opening eyes brought light to the world of darkness, as well -- just a sliver over the horizon, and with a light that was too bright to be seen beyond.

With 'Radiesthesia', Khrona could see the auras of what he looked at, and Brytunn glowed red with rage. Khrona quickly deduced before Brytunn made his way to his face that he grew stronger from rage, and would quickly use the psychic power of 'Empathy' to transfer the emotions of rage from Brytunn and into Khrona. This made the psionic body and barely open eyes glow red, but his face was still as calm and smiling as noonday. 'Psychics Have The Power To Transfer Emotions With Empathy', Khrona said, letting his body become red hot -- too hot too touch. 'Be It To Give Or To Take, The Emotions Are Transferred.' Khrona grew brighter still, the redness of his body intensifying to a point where he became completely reddened, and was hotter than a star. 'Your Power Comes From Rage, Doesn't It?' Khrona asked, suddenly exploding with a great and tremendous power that blasted heat all across the realm. The explosion was like that of a supernova, and the light it created illuminated the entire dark range with redness, save for the white slit that appeared when Khrona opened his eyes. The eyes and mouths melted away at the intensity of such a heat, but their melting fell to the ground(?) as pools of pitch black darkness, which rippled and expanded farther the longer they were out, making it seem like black blotches of flooding ink had been dripped upon the red hot surface.

'I Do Hope I Haven't Destroyed You...' Khrona said, wondering what the fate of Brytunn would be after an explosion of energy of such a caliber, 'I Am Certainly Having A Fun Time Right Now! The Best I've Had In A Long While!' He chuckled.

As the light fades from the heat, Khrona realizes Brýtunn is nowhere to be seen...until the melting black mass spreads further, revealing the skeleton of a large and robust man, with the head of a canine... Yep, that's Brýtunn. Or at least what's left of him... His axe is next to him. Victory should be obvious at this point, until...the skeleton starts moving. It grabs the axe and stands up on its skeletal feet, its eye sockets glowing light blue like his eyes used to do. His eyes let out a pulse of light, and the area surrounding Brýtunn exploded with cold, leaving his bones covered in a thick layer of frost which now protected him from even the worst of heat. Not even in death does this behemoth give up, continuing to fight through pure determination.

Khrona wasn't surprised to see that Brytunn had survived, but was concerned about why he hadn't attacked again. 'Your Determination Precedes You,' Khrona said with a psychic laugh, 'And I Like That. But I Got That Heat From You, Not From Me. Psychics Also Have A Special Power To Convert Energy Into Different States Of Matter Or Energy, As Well.' Khrona wasn't entirely certain about the composition of this ice that Brytunn encased his bones in, but he was willing to test its might.

Using 'Psychometry', Khrona was able to analyze the icy body that was Brytunn down to its very last fibers, learning its strengths and weaknesses... If it had any, that is. 'That May Keep You From The Heat, But It Won't Keep You From My Psychic Might!' The puddles of darkness bubbled and glopped, bursting from the ground tiny clawed hands that extended out toward Brytunn, trying to tear the icy flesh from his body. The black substance proved caustic and acidic, so it would be able to melt through without the use of heat, if it could melt through at all. Khrona had to test this.

Still, whilst that was going on, Khrona didn't want to just remain stationary. With his slits for eyes still glowing, he raised his foot up once more and stomped it down upon Brytunn with a great force -- enough to do damage to him, based on the damage that wasn't inflicted upon him initially at the beginning of the battle. This would hopefully crush his icy armor of flesh and his bones simultaneously.

The ice is resistant to the melting acid of the claws, but not immune. Slowly, it starts to break down. But not fast enough. As Khrona's foot comes stomping down, the skeleton of Brýtunn jabs his speared axe upwards, burrowing straight into the foot. From there he starts to rip and tear using his axe and the immense strength of his muscles, burrowing deeper and deeper through the foot and soon starting to go up the leg. He can't speak in this state, but he can certainly see and hear, and it all just fills him with more rage.

Shocked from the impact of the axe upon his foot and leg, the giant Khrona topples over, falling to what seemed to be the ground... Yet, before he may impact, he disappeared completely, this time appearing again as a normal-sized person. His leg did not seem at all injured -- as it was psionic in the first place -- and this body was likely to be just the same. 'Good Move,' Khrona complimented, 'But You're Still Trapped Inside Of My Mind.' He looked around, the redness fading from the once dark realm, returning it to blackness and hiding the puddles of the dark acidic substance from sight with the darkness all around. 'You Must Be An Immortal,' Khrona said decisively. 'If You Can Still Think, I Can Hear Your Thoughts As If They Are Normal Speech.' The realm around Brytunn started to gnaw at him with acidic properties which would ease their way into whittling down the ice wolf man. 'You Are An Interesting Character. I Wonder What Sort Of Other Powers You Have At Your Disposal?'

"Powers granted to me by gods far beyond your imagination."
Khrona heard in his mind, still as powerful as his normal speech and with the same accent. The canine skeleton starts walking towards Khrona, ignoring the acidic realm which slowly ate away at his armor. Right around this time, Khrona started to feel cold...very cold. Coldness that would kill a mortal on the spot, rotting away their body and freezing them solid. Absolute zero kelvin temperature, spread throughout Khrona's entire body...

Khrona felt his mind come to a chill. 'Taking The Opposite Approach, Are We?' This reminded Khrona of when he fought an old friend of his with the power to do the same thing that Brytunn was doing... The difference was that Khrona was all together and not restricted into his thirteen different forms back then, but was significantly weaker because he didn't need his thirteen different forms to level out his power. 'It's Smart, Too...' Khrona would say, opening his eyes more, 'But I've Been Gifted With Godly Power, As Well, As You'll See If You Can Make It Up To My Higher Restrictions'... Khrona giggled, the icy atmosphere beginning to chill his mind. 'Oh, Dear, I'll Have To Get You Out Of Here, Then. Can't Have You Giving Me Brainfreeze, After All!' With a lighthearted chuckle, Khrona's eyes suddenly burst open and again, a blinding light consumed the area. This light washed over the entire domain, leaving not a trace of the former darkness that was Khrona's unconscious mind before. Now, however...

He was Awakened.

The two, Brytunn and Khrona, would be in the positions and states they were in before entering Khrona's mind -- Brytunn with his flesh and bone still intact, and Khrona still swaddled by a crystal cocoon. Though, the one key difference between then and now was that Khrona's eyes were completely open; shining, even. Around his body were several distortions that seemed to be coming from the power of his mind. These distortions made Khrona's form harder to see, as he was already translucent, and they also seemed to be having an effect on the atmosphere around them...

Brýtunn isn't fooled that easily, and he keeps track of Khrona's form rather well despite the distortions. He is focused and determined to continue the fight, and so he starts walking towards Khrona once more with determined steps. The pain of being given flesh again so rapidly seared through his mind, yet it didn't seem to phase him in the slightest.
"You are yet to fight me in fair battle. You rely on your mind, like a coward hiding from the enemy."
He says in a growling voice as his rage is back up to what it was before, his eyes glowing brightly.

Khrona visibly frowned, taking what Brytunn said as an insult to his own mind. 'I Can Only Use My Mind Whilst I Am In This Form,' he said psychically, 'If You Cannot Best My Mind, What Hope Do You Have Against My Body?' Brytunn knew not of what Khrona's body was capable of, nor why he kept it so protected. 'I Am Conservative With My Energy, Fighting With Only Just Enough. If You Want Me To Use My Fists, You'll Have To Make It To My Third Restriction.' Furrowing his brow, Khrona let out a powerful psychic force that swept away the matter of the field with a powerful blow, his 'Theta Waves' and 'Conversion' changing the solid matter into energy for himself. This was only within a set area, however, though Brytunn was subject to it if he didn't avoid it.

'Would You Rather I Use My Mind To Fight You With The Elements?' Khrona asked, thinking about the stream nearby and causing the entire thing to rise up from the ground, 'Or Do You Want Me To Attack You Fruitlessly With Techniques That Will Do You No Damage?' Stiffening the water and increasing the pressure, Khrona slammed it down upon Brytunn in an attempt to crush him with the weight and density of the water, having made it like that of the deepest trenches of the sea. 'I Am Aware That In This Form, I Do Not Do Any Physical Damage. All Of My Power Is Psychic.' The wide-eyed Khrona, unblinking, trying to crush and drown Brytunn, asked, 'What Would You Consider To Be A Fair Battle, If My Mind Alone Is Not So?'

With a massive leap, Brýtunn avoids the theta waves, and the water of the stream seems to have no effect on him whatsoever as he leaps straight through it, charging towards Khrona with great speed.
"You waste my time with useless talk!"
He growls out as he rapidly approaches Khrona, each step being a leap as he uses his strength to traverse the land.

As Khrona thought, Brytunn's body was not affected by normal or conventional means, and thus utilizing them in the first place would have been ineffective. He didn't think that using anything that was inevitably going to fail was very efficient, so he ruled out doing so at the beginning of the battle when he tested Brytunn's might with the first strike. It was then and there that Khrona knew what he had to do to face Brytunn and actually inflict damage upon him, which he did. Though, Khrona didn't take too kindly to being called cowardly for coming to this conclusion, so he decided that he would show Brytunn the power of the Second Restriction of his Soul since the First Restriction of his Mind was so overwhelming.

'Then Let Me Stop The Talk...' Khrona said as Brytunn neared, '... And Show You My Own Burning Soul!!!' At that moment, the cocoon that Khrona was in broke, releasing the man in the form of a spirit. His hair was now a glowing white and his body was still transparent, though in a different fashion than it was when his hair was lavender. "Behold, The Second Restriction, Of The Soul!" Khrona's very soul echoed out, massive distortions coming from it as Khrona cried out. "I Don't Know How Accustomed You Are To The Spiritual Plane, But If You've Got A Soul, I'm Gonna Hurt It!" The floating Khrona crackled with spiritual energy and as Brytunn was as close as he could be, Khrona cried out, "Soul Cadenza!" Thrusting a ghastly hand toward Brytunn's chest, Khrona would release a soul-shattering force that would jar Brytunn's very source of his determination should it make contact.

The ghastly hand makes impact with Brýtunn's soul and tries to shatter it..but to no effect. His soul has the strength of a god, and can never be budged. His iron will was yet intact, and with the determination of a frenzied berserker he let out a mighty warcry, swinging his massive axe with the power of a thousand suns and aiming for Khrona's chest.
"I shall show you the wrath of the north, little man!"

Little did Brytunn know, Khrona's soul -- like his mind -- was that of a God, as well. But he would find out soon enough that more than that about Khrona was Godly, for that is what made him a Tensei. "And I'll Show You The Strength Of My Soul!" Khrona may not have been able to shatter Brytunn's soul, but he could still fight on par with it and do damage to it. Likely was the same for him to Khrona, if his soul was truly Godly. "Passion Fruits Grape!" Khrona cried out, slamming his spiritual hand to the axe that came at him with such force, only to cause it to stop. "What 'Passion Fruits Grape' Does Is Halt All Kinetic Energy That I Come In Contact With, And All The Potential Energy..." Khrona smirked, crackling with spiritual energy again, "Goes To ME!" There was a powerful explosion, and the energy in the air was a vivid crystal, shimmering in the light. Khrona's soul had expanded to encompass that of a thousand suns, which would take up just that much energy in the universe. "First Lesson About My Soul Is That I Can Maneuver It Any Way I Want To. And If You're Within The Radius Of My Soul, You're In My Territory." Just like they had fought in Khrona's mind, now they were going to fight within Khrona's soul.

Khrona flickered away instantaneously to another nearby planet, immediately charging it with the power of his soul. Whatever he was going to do with it, it was going to be planetary, that was for certain... He stood upon the ground, the wraith-like man able to see clear across the cosmos with his 'Soul Notation', which allowed him to perceive souls.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back