• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern An Endless Winter (open)

BakaTheIdiot

Viscount of Spaghetti Code
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Now, I've tried group roleplay before, and it hasn't really worked out in the past, but I want to give it another shot. Now, the title might throw some people off at first, but bear with me here, because I'm not a BBcode user. (I'm practicing in my own time.)

The year is 1939.

Russia and Germany have successfully conquered Poland, and the Second World War has begun. Finland, Sweden and Norway have all assumed neutrality, but that ended on the Finnish front when the CCCP boldly decides to try and annex Finland. The operation was a complete disaster for the Soviet Union, which put their full military ineptitude on display. If the Fins, of all people, could beat back the Soviets, there's no telling who else could.

This RP is about one of the lesser known conflicts of the Eastern Front, the brief war between Finland and The Soviet Union, appropriately titled the Winter War, as it began 1939 in November, and ended in March 1940, the duration of winter. (Based on my opinion.) In this RP, group members, including myself, would play as the Finnish.

I'm looking for people who have at least some understanding of history, and can write a minimum of two paragraphs. I'm not looking for novel writers, but some detail would be nice. Here's what I need:

-Be comfortable with violence to a certain degree. If you get triggered by violent themes, this is not for you.
-Know your history. A little bit is fine. If needed, research as you go.
-Be creative! There will be historical accuracy, but we aren't recreating the winter war, just taking a look into what could have happened. Alternative ideas and endings would be fantastic!
-You need to have an OC. Pretty self explanatory.
-language will be used. It doesn't have to be Finnish, but there will be cursing to a degree.
-Responsiveness is flexible, so long as you post once every day or two.
-Finally, contribute! Don't leave us all hanging.

Interested? Comment below! I'm looking for about 5-6 people, so first come first served!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back