• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom an elevator ride. multifandom rp. interest check.

jump.

Calamity.
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
your character wakes up in an elevator with no recollection of how they got there. looking around, they notice there's others with them, all stuck in the same position. there seems to be no way out. and if they have any abilities or powers, they won't work in any attempts to escape, either. they're stuck. stuck in an enclosed space, with a group of strangers, not knowing where they are, what the time period is, or what dimension they are even in. all they know, is they're probably gonna be here a while.

shitty plot description is shitty ;w;

but hi! i'm desperate for threads atm, and in urgent need to just write, so i thought i'd yeet up an interest check for a dumb plot idea i have. premise is simple: character wakes up in an elevator with no recollection of how they got there. they can't get out no matter what they attempt, and they aren't alone. the elevator is large enough to house roughly ten people, and tall enough for taller characters to remain comfortable.

this is gonna be a very much character driven thread, so it's likely gonna be very much drama heavy? and given that it's an e n c l o s e d space, there is gonna be a lot of chance to interact with everyone!

-this is NOT an action orientated thread, nor a plot heavy thread, nor a lore heavy thread. if you're looking for a plot that involves that kinda stuff, this isn't the thread for you. what this thread IS, is thread based heavily off in character interactions. it's a drama heavy thread. there will be a LOT of drama between characters, and their relationships with one another will be a MAJOR influence on how the plot turns out! drama will be very much encouraged!
-leading off from that, there IS going to be plot points, and major events to move things along. the elevator will stop on occasion. it will offer interesting opportunities, and chances to stir even more drama up for the characters!
-i'm an advanced rper. i'm not asking for y'all to write longass posts like i do. but i WOULD like for y'all to be at least semi-advanced. however, i do very much value quality over quantity! if you can make good quality posts, length won't matter as much!
-ooc discussion and chat will be very much encouraged! i find that threads involving a lot of ooc plot and talk tend to last the longest, so PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE be down to plot and chat if you're interested in this ^^ cos trust me, lots of talk will definitely pay off in the long run!
-your character will not have anything on them (weapons, food etc) at the beginning. they MIGHT gain them later, however ;)
-please be somewhat active? i get that life gets in the way and all, but if the thread is moving at a snails pace, it's harder to retain interest and keep things consistent. also try to say if you are planning on leaving the thread/aren't interested anymore. <3
-since this is a character driven thread, relationships ic are very much encouraged! be it friendships, or rivalries, or enemies... or even romance!
-characters of any fandom, alongside original characters will all be accepted. just don't powerplay, and add weaknesses to any overpowered characters and it will all be good! :D
-feel free to ask any questions about this! i probably make like 0 sense describing this tbh oop

i do actually have some ideas on plot points and whatnot for this already, so there's a little bit of planning ahead lmao. i know it's like a weird, kinda niche plot? but i'm desperate and nothing else is striking my fancy atm so might as well throw this out there ;w; but please let me know if you're interested!
i'll get up a sign ups and ooc thread asap if this does get some interest eheheheh

Last edited:
where the elevator will open up, but they get thrown into a shitty situation?
ohhhh i see now! possibly? i have a few ideas for stuff that happens when the elevator stops, but i think most of it would be decided ooc? so it might well be a possibility! lmao

You know what? I'll bite, this seems silly and small enough that I won't be having to put a huge effort into playing catch up alongside GM'ing, whenever that starts >3<

Okay, so questions! If powers don't work at all, but my char's base form is a fox... Does it mean he's stuck as a fox until that gets solved or considering he was in his humanoid form before ending up on the elevator, would he somehow get stuck on that form regardless? Normally he'd be forced to revert into a fox whenever he runs out of energy, but this is less running out of energy and perhaps just allowing for specific uses of it... Perhaps?

I can go either, I just wanted to hear what you think? : O

You know what? I'll bite, this seems silly and small enough that I won't be having to put a huge effort into playing catch up alongside GM'ing, whenever that starts >3<

Okay, so questions! If powers don't work at all, but my char's base form is a fox... Does it mean he's stuck as a fox until that gets solved or considering he was in his humanoid form before ending up on the elevator, would he somehow get stuck on that form regardless? Normally he'd be forced to revert into a fox whenever he runs out of energy, but this is less running out of energy and perhaps just allowing for specific uses of it... Perhaps?

I can go either, I just wanted to hear what you think? : O
thank you so much for the interest, and good question!

im gonna say that powers DO work, but, any attempts to use em to escape or whatever will prove completely ineffective ^^ like a character with super strength trying to pry open the doors would just end up failing 💔 so your foxy boi is pretty much good to switch between forms whenever ^^

thank you so much for the interest, and good question!

im gonna say that powers DO work, but, any attempts to use em to escape or whatever will prove completely ineffective ^^ like a character with super strength trying to pry open the doors would just end up failing 💔 so your foxy boi is pretty much good to switch between forms whenever ^^
Ah, that makes complete sense! That's good to know then, thanks for the answer~ o/
It was so fast too, I wasn't expecting it that quick XD

Dun do doo!!!!! when will the CS be up?
possibly today! it just depends on whether i get round to it or not dksksjsh but either later today or tomorrow for sure ^^ i don't want y'all to be waiting forever lmao

This sounds like such a silly and random idea that it's great! I'd like to try this out aha

aight y'all, sign ups are here! feel free to hop on over when you're ready ^^ i will also get up an ooc thread very shortly too so we can start plotting as soon as everyone is ready ^^

Seems I'm late to the party, but this does seem like something fun. Perhaps I'll get something wrapped up in the sign ups if that's aight

Also I should beg the question: so powers do work but any use of them to try and escape the elevator using them won't work right? Cause my character does use a bit of magic, but it's more for changing his clothing style in a flash then anything that could possible help him escape the elevator

Last edited:
Also I should beg the question: so powers do work but any use of them to try and escape the elevator using them won't work right? Cause my character does use a bit of magic, but it's more for changing his clothing style in a flash then anything that could possible help him escape the elevator
That's the answer I got when I asked about Lero's form changes. Powers work, unless you're trying to escape >3<

thank you for the interest! and yep, that's correct ^^ attempts to use any powers to escape will just end in failure ahahaha but they will work otherwise ^^

This reminds me of a similar plot I saw elsewhere... interested.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back