• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

    Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

dancew/me!

awaiting ball to be thrown
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
You are lying face up in a tall, swaying wheat field under a great, full moon. The sky's iris peers down at you lazily, so large and encompassing it could swallow the world whole. The dirt beneath you is dry and the air is cold. Your breath comes out in opaque clouds, drifting away before dissipating into the black night. There are no stars.

You abruptly sit up after admiring the ominous dark sky, your vision dotting in fuzzy purple static dots for a second, and then try to find your package. You know, the same-day delivery that hinges on you losing your job or not.

You have no idea where you are, being that the terrain looks wildly different from the narrow cobbled roads you had been previously driving on. But you do spot the tan of your cardboard box, wrapped in its tape (advertising the latest Amazon show,) sitting unharmed in a patch of burnt grass. You follow the stretch of soot trailing from the completely unscorched box all the way up to a tall cliff, which you certainly don't remember hurtling yourself off of.

You stagger to your feet and grab your package. Then, you notice the village uphill, and figure you'll start your search there.

[1] ------ Head to the hill.
[2] ------ Turn 90 degrees and head into the unseen ominous forest.
 

dancew/me!

awaiting ball to be thrown
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
[1] Option
You grab your package and tuck it under an arm. You're surprised you haven't sustained any damage from the trip you seem to not remember taking, but the thing about Amazon is that it provides a strange, divine armor to its workers. You and some of your peers have discussed this and even explored the lengths of which the armor protects workers on the job. So far, several people have escaped being shot, arson, and vehicular manslaughter.

As you push up the hill, you notice strange bits of debris lying around, and at the top of the hill, realize why. Sprawling before you is a large village set in decay, houses left abandoned and bodies lying in the streets. Soot marks the cobble and grass around the area, and there is a well-traveled path leading into the town winding out of your view. It looks as though it had been caught in the crossfire of some great war, and the sickly scent of decay and tragedy overwhelms your senses.

You heft the box further up on your uniformed hip. It seems that this ghost town still has one soul in it. You spy a tall mansion, if even castle, perched on a mountain to your north, and to the east, that ominous forest.

[1] Head into the town.
[2] Head into the forest.
[3] Observe for a little longer. Listen closely.
 

dancew/me!

awaiting ball to be thrown
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
OPTION: [3]

You listen closely to the sounds of the ghost town. All is quiet, save for the howl of the wind. A particularly cold gust coming from the mountain and sweeping through the village nearly knocks you off of your perch on your hill, and you get a strange whiff off... something sickly sweet. It unlocks an unwelcome memory. You get the impression of seeing rotting meat and maggots, the malicious buzz of flies as they ate and ate away at something decaying in your garbage. That was a horrible day, and a horrible month after. You had to seek therapy for it, after calling the police on the corpse in the alley beside your apartment complex.

It is impossible to forget the scent of a dead body. And it seems there are many of them in the village. So why is it that you see multiple shambling visages move amongst the rubble? You feel the chill creep beneath the fabric of your uniform, and seep deep beneath your bones. There is something wrong here, but your sense of duty (and paycheck) push you onward.

There are noises, under the wind. It is barely audible. But you hear them now, now that you've seen them. Men, women, children--calling you to deliver. Deliver unto them your sacred cargo. Whatever is in this box is important, in a supernatural way, to this village.

You take a second to consider this situation. You are an Amazon worker trying to delivery a package for a paycheck. The area may or may not be haunted and infested with the undead. Was your life worth so little to be risked for a corporate overlord that cared not for you?

Wrong. The real question was whether that paycheck, with insurance and compensation, would be worth the delivery.

Many of your coworkers have been in this situation. It was considered, honestly, a point of pride by now. Everyone has had to go and deliver to a truly, unquestionably, supported by evidence--paranormal location. Then they signed an agreement about not mentioning the wild and absolutely mind-warping madness they had to go through.

But they were paid so, so handsomely, and well... rent wasn't bad, and while your salary fit the location you lived at... it'd be really nice to splurge on yourself more...

[1] Risk your life for a paycheck that might be super epic
[2] Risk your life for the possibility of meeting a really hot and rich vampire in that mansion
[3] Open the package
 

Celestial Water

Hiatus until March/April
Roleplay Type(s)
[1] Option You are doing great! This is so good! Never really went on this forum before. Might visit it more now!
 

dancew/me!

awaiting ball to be thrown
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
OPTION: [1]

Fuck it. You already signed all the waivers they gave you when you joined. Your insurance would be fine as hell if something happened here. All that matters is if you make it out in order to cash in all the checks you'll be receiving for this monumental task.

You read carefully down the hill at a moderate pace, trying to find good and even footing on the rocky surface of the landscape. There's certainly a lot of mud around here, and you have the thought that it may have rained recently. Eventually you make it onto some flat land and continue stomping your way around the gravel and grass with your beloved package. The voices sing to you in praise and glory. They call you a divine messenger. You decide not to respond to the eerie whispering voices in the wind.

As you grow closer to the jagged and pointy silhouette of the village, you come to see that encircling it is a strange and broken down wall. The low wall is crumbling and falling apart, rounded stones on the ground before it, and the chain of its safety warped. You wonder if it was time that bent it so, or something else. You stand a few meters from the entrance, peering at that wall, when you see a shape dart past the open main street. It is too quick for your eyes to catch onto it.

[1] Chase.
[2] Call.
[3] Continue onward.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Top