• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

An Augur of Sovereignty; Battle for Trivia Anemone

Zaltusinel

Novelist and Word Whisperer
Chapter 0: Last Minute Stab

Streets of bullet holes, toxic fluids, and the deceased; they all laid on the path of the colony ship. A mist laid over the streets, acting as a joker in the night. Atmospheric smog lingered and chuckled above the street. Risk of toxic fumes seemed prevalent, but no one seemed to care. They'd seen it before, an almost sickening amount of occurrences. Alleys dashed from the sides of vision, drowning consciouses staring with a twitch. Bones littered with them, God only knows where they came from... and what they were of. A lamp post fancied the rope and a poor woman who weighted its hellish loop. Remains of feminine hair ranted below her on the pavement. The others on the pavement begged different signs. Bullets still lodged in chests, disease and infection covering bodies in purple and green, and elderly; forgotten as the breeze in their painful deaths. The heart lingered with a feeling of nothing, the ability to feel was lost in that moment. Barely returning in the moments afterward. The daily grind of gunfire, explosives, and dying screams articulated the scene as a pianist at a wedding. Except, everyone dies in life or inside. Blood tickled the smell sensors like a little batch of incense candles. Sounds like a party doesn't it? About as close as anyone on these streets will get.

Few remained outside. The common thug would swipe them if they lingered too long. But then again, even the common thug dared not to mess with a vigil. Death was only to cry over these people. Maybe that is why they lingered so long, living to this special day of a new life. A gift. Little signs of dead sidewalks, a mix of reactions flooded the factions. The Iron Men, Hukka, and Cartographers were devastated by the conditions. Creaking with pain from the sights, they trudged slightly quicker. The Ver'kin and Xenosaurs simply sharpened their resolve to get off the damn planet. One of the Xenosaurs almost slammed her fist on the pavement. Five stayed around the vigil as the factions approached. They seemed odd, similar all five of them. Approaching, clarity strikes. Identical, across them all. The five wept softly, looking up at the factions. Going inside a decently sized building. The two that remained continued to weep over the body. Occasionally looking up, guarding themselves. One returned from inside, while the other two popped with a train of people who were advancing quickly in front of the Factions. The five identicals moved quickly down the streets.

"Do you know that those boys are quintuplets?" An older woman gossiped.

"Yeah...their mother died in their birth. Father never bothered. My sister took care of them until they moved out on their own." Another woman replied, smiling. "I know Volt is the one who plays the piano at night. Stealing it right out of House Yandré. I doubt they even know its gone."

"Wow, when did he learn to play it?"

"Over the times, he would play to calm Mitchel. Since he is the common play toy of the police, I hate how everything is now."

"Things will get better, we don't belong here. Nothing does, I remember things before this new government took hold. Almost seems the end of the world lies all around us. Maybe no one can escape it?"

"No point in not trying." The first woman nodded as she spoke. Softly her hair dash across her face. "Memories fade, yet nightmares remain." The other woman smiled, grabbing her hand.

An intersection, cracks everywhere. Could the road just collapse? Steps trod lightly as a widow cries over her dead husband. Remains of firefights stayed where they laid, as usual. Rattles of metal mesh above the city lights, one of the brothers had climbed up the building. Softly, the women whisper "Volt" as Volt entered a building. A chest, one used as a safe or trunk, followed in his hands. He jumped off the balcony, grifting on the wall down with his nanofiber gloves. With a complimentary sigil of House Yandré. With his free hand, he laid the trunk on the street, opening quickly. Volt's brothers adorned black jackets, soft silver chains dripped from the hood holes. The jacket covered to their shins. Quickly, they returned to the crowd. The last to join them was Volt, who carried the trunk. Azure light traveled over his face, reaching down into his body. They weren't his veins, no, a path like wires. The women gasped, a swift "I knew it" escaped their mouths.

"The rumors seem to be true. Sasha, can you believe it?"

Sasha parted her bark hair from her face, "Rose, I knew it all along. My sister told me about the early signs. One of the things she spoke before she continued from here was the blessing of raising such a beauty as those boys. She almost thought they extended her life a couple years just holding their hands for five minutes. That seems crazy, but maybe they can answer some questions?"

"Oh, deary, I think they would. I know from a friend that they don't talk to people separated. Like all five seem superglued together."

"In this world, even the most distant grow close. Even in the cradle of evil, the seeds of good still grow. Hate lords over these lands, but Love still governs us all like a god..."

The line stopped, just ahead was a gate. Then the spaceport "the Contact" spoke of. "The Contact" everyone whispered about, who was he. Everyone seemed sure he was some sort of nobility. No one else would have the influence to make this happen. Slowly, the line picked up. Glided streets under a dome of sorts. The doorway covered in a field of energy, separating the mess of the outside from the grandeur of the spaceport. Almost all stopped at the sight of flowers.

"Sasha, I remember these ones. Dwarf Iris, I use to plant them all over my apartment."

Sasha giggled, "Maybe there are some seeds to plant on Nexus. That would be kinda fun." Rose nodded and waved her hands about in excitement.

An hour passed before the factions could push their way in. Almost as the last Ver'kin passed through the door, a five-foot man rushed to them. His Victorian vest and pocket watch caught eyes. Many approached, but he batted them away. "Hello, my friends. First, let's see that all the authorities are here. Neivian, Asidouduli, Duke Val of the Iron Seat, Thriqrich, Tochtli, and is a Tannin queen here as well? Just come forward quickly." As everyone stepped forward, the man smiled and waved. "Good to see everyone. I am Councilor Ravo. Welcome aboard the Elizabeth. A dear ship that will be your one-way ticket out of this hell hole. Naturally, I will give wing assignments. However, I would enjoy something about yourselves. Don't worry, I will do in good kind. Also, if you have any last-minute business. It would be preferable you do so now. I did hear some people were trapped in a pod on Harbinger Street, about three blocks from here. So if like to stick the Republic one final time, an opportunity has popped up. Also, if you would like some of your people to explore the ship, by all means, have at it. However, my authorities will be required to stay here for a briefing for Nexus. If you like rumors, I'm sure these people about. Some might even have little tasks to do for them. They may be poor, but I'm sure it would be worth your while. And I guess anything else too. Speak to your fellow colonists or rob them all. Well, I'll stop you from robbing them. And I'm sure that making such an entrance would likely be fatal early on once you arrive at Nexus" Ravo smiled and waited for responses.

Petroshka Petroshka doodleSM doodleSM KindlyPlagueDoctor KindlyPlagueDoctor Fishman Lord Fishman Lord Karcen Karcen Crumbli Crumbli
---
There are a lot of bonuses that you could receive if you do tasks right now. And of course, there is a lot you could do like suddenly give a speech or dump memes all over the colonists. Get creative! Oh, and by the way, we're live peeps. Thanks for waiting!

Always happy to "help"

Thriqrich's ears perked up when he heard "I did hear some people were trapped in a pod on Harbinger Street, about three blocks from here." He rubbed his clawed hands toghether "We shall-shall take care of the pod!"He exclaimed he then gathered a group of ten Clanmates to go to the pod, of course he couldn't go out there, he might get hurt.

"Run-fast down to Harbinger Street and 'help-help' the man-things" The group of Clanmates all nodded,under normal circumstances the Clanmates would have done something different and probably somewhat disobey their commands but since their orders came straight from Thriqrich, they knew that it would be a terrible idea to disobey him "Yes-yes master, we helps them!" the pack of ten begun to make their way out to the pod. At this point the ten Ver'kin where already planning to back-stab each other so they could put themselves ahead of their fellows and so that they did not have to share the spoils of their journey.

Men of Iron.
Unknown spaceport, evacuation protocols.
Direct: Zaltusinel Zaltusinel | Mentions: Petroshka Petroshka KindlyPlagueDoctor KindlyPlagueDoctor
"Remember brothers, our duties are still present. Free or not we must preserve the organics and our sisters." Val's reverberated voice was calm and collected. He wasn't programmed to have any other tone of voice. The upset and optimism that surrounded him was all new. He wasn't used to hive colonies or the common issues. He was accustomed to the courts and political spectrum of business favour or civil favour. These conditions were almost an impossibility to him. It was all very fascinating, like a scene out of a novel or line of unused code found in diagnostics.
The groups begin to line up and pile aboard the extraction ship. His people remained behind to ensure that the organics got their spots first. He recognises the cartographers and a few recreational units that were being extracted with his people. He felt sorry for them. These sisters were made for the single purpose of organic pleasure and many of them couldn't override their code to express how they truly felt without intervention from others. "I'm sorry that only now we could achieve your liberty. Never again." The sisters seemed weary of the new world with their unaltered 'life code'. One of them, missing her face plate, clutched onto the arm of the Artisan unit for safety. He had one arm around her and surveyed the region to make sure they were still safe.

The lines begin to clear but the largest group present was by far the worst species in the galaxy. The Ver'kin. The men of iron ignore the previous orders to allow organics on first and begin to join the others on board. If a few hundred Ver'kin were left behind it'd be a necessary casualty of exploration. The recovering recreational units were allowed on board first with Val and the Sensei units boarding last. The main floor of the ship was somewhat cramped with everyone rushing to find their wings and stowaway whatever they'd brought. The Artisan unit comforts the damaged android as the Skills-men units search for their wing of the ship.
Upon finding their wing all four attempt to enter with one of the Senseis following close behind to secure their safety. The door fails to open though and the men of iron are left outside the door cramming up against it. The main group stands closer to the exit and consists of the two intact androids, one of the sensei units and Val. They wait patiently to find out what their purpose of being there was. While Val already have enough of an understanding he was unaware of the procedures and protocols needed to perform this operation properly.

Some time passes by and the last of the Ver'kin board the ship with a large figure. The man addresses everyone on board calling out to captains and faction leaders. This was it. This was their chance to secure any more information they could about saving their brothers and sisters. Perhaps they could even take blue prints from any manufacturing plants or assembly lines. Val listens as the nobleman speaks and patiently waits for him to finish. He watches the rats run away screaming about man things and places his metallic hand on the noble's. "Duke Val of the iron seat. Sir, please provide us with directions to the nearest recreation and assembly facilities. All of our siblings must be saved." The man provides him some directions fairly quickly and Val nods, his chest lenses shutting rapidly as they take images of the man's body and face to try and recognise his seat in the council. However he finds nothing in his storage. Alas being off the network was a curse and a blessing.
The two androids and the sensei make their way outside to go and find the manufacturing plant. The sensei's vice hand collapsing into a nail gun for safety. They weren't the most violent but the sensei unit knew that there would be risks and the fact the androids followed him meant he had to be prepared. They leave the ship and begin a light jog in the given directions with the goal of rescue and recovery. If schematics could be obtained of how to make more of themselves it'd make their lives a lot easier once colonising.

Always happy to "help"

Thriqrich's ears perked up when he heard "I did hear some people were trapped in a pod on Harbinger Street, about three blocks from here." He rubbed his clawed hands together "We shall-shall take care of the pod!"He exclaimed he then gathered a group of ten Clanmates to go to the pod, of course, he couldn't go out there, he might get hurt.

"Run-fast down to Harbinger Street and 'help-help' the man-things" The group of Clanmates all nodded,under normal circumstances the Clanmates would have done something different and probably somewhat disobey their commands but since their orders came straight from Thriqrich, they knew that it would be a terrible idea to disobey him "Yes-yes master, we helps them!" the pack of ten begun to make their way out to the pod. At this point the ten Ver'kin where already planning to back-stab each other so they could put themselves ahead of their fellows and so that they did not have to share the spoils of their journey.

Three blocks floated by as rumblings of gunfire roared in intensity. The soft hums of engines could be heard. A pocket of smog slithered into the scene. Approaching from the side, the clanmates unsheathed their swords. Their empty holsters made them crackle slightly. With the police firing in a U-formation and shouting at the trapped humans, the Clanmates had an option. They could go through a series of channels and messy alleys to approach the police from behind. Yet, the pod of humans was losing cover and ground fast. The Ver'kin would have to move quickly. From previous experience, the Ver'kin Clanmates remember the police having delays to face and shoot targets approaching unexpectedly. If they timed their approach through the street, they could flat out charge. Likely hitting the four officers before they can turn and shoot them. Multiple planks of wood dug into the pavement, they seemed to be the only cover the Ver'kin had. Halfway across the street. Looking back at the pod, the humans used a mass of suitcases and sandbags to protect themselves. The Police picked up their shields, slowly moving forward. Maybe simply waiting for them to move up was an option. Yet, one sound suddenly poked through. One of the Ver'kin quickly sees a sniper on a roof on the opposite side of the intersection. His gun blasted an energized payload, red and wheezy. With sword in hand, would the Ver'kin take the chance?

KindlyPlagueDoctor KindlyPlagueDoctor

Always happy to "help"

Vikch looked at the sniper on the roof and then at his jagged sword, he had a plan. He would sneak up to the sniper and kill him, while he was sneaking his way to the sniper his clanmates would make their way through the alleys to get behind the police and then swarm them. Vikch turned to his fellows and explained the plan "I'll sneak-skulk up to sniper" he said "We'll sneak behind police" his Clanamtes responded, the Ver'kin began to execute their plan.

The nine Ver'kin made their way through the alleys withe ease, they felt somewhat at home in the dark passage ways, they waited for the signal. Vikch had snuck his way towards the sniper very quickly until he was on he opposite end of the roof to the sniper, he whispered to himself "Man-thing stupid soon man-thing dead" he plunged his sword deep into the snipers back, he gasped as the air was forced from his chest. However in that moment of silence the sniper rifle fell from the roof and made a loud banging noise as it hit the ground and all the policemen turned to Vikch atop the roof and a single word escaped the Ver'kin's mouth "Shit" he ducked down as gunfire barreled its way towards him.

But at that moment the remaining nine Clanmates saw their opening and charged towards the ranks of the policemen, blades at the ready screeching and screaming "KILL-DIE MAN-THINGS!" the Ver'kin slammed into the polices ranks setting in with tooth,claw and blade. The sight of the Ver'kin ripping into his comrades was enough for the squad leader to freeze in terror, of course this provided the people in the pod to gun him down. And after all was said and done, the policemen's bodies all thoroughly chewed and cut Vikch made his way down from the roof, know wearing the snipers cap ,walked over to the trapped humans "Hello-greetings man-things, we have come to rescue-save you" he said in an oddly optimistic voice.

Zaltusinel Zaltusinel

An, Unusual Assignment

Neivian wasnt sure what to think when she boarded the ship, all she could think of was a small little Tannin Drone approaching her office and building of residence with a gift and instructions. It was an egg and a crudely written note requesting that she should take care of it, what temperature to incubate it in and left a few drones with it. Neivian Consulted with the father Dias through quantum telecommunications on how she should continue with this and he suggested that she should take the egg and raise whatever was inside off world. It would be wonderful research and to document a wild Tannin queen's life as she ages would be riveting! But first she wouldve had to find a way off world. Which brought her there, Father Dias found out about a colony ship about to disembark to another world. Now with the primitively built "ironmen" The vermin, various lizard folk, and what she assumed were hukka slugs she and her people were mostly at home aside from the vermin. Not wanting to be with the filth of the vermin she and her people walked all the way to the opposite of where the vermin were staying as far away as possible without wanting to extensively sanitize them all. The worst part was that there was so many of them. The Tannin drones followed the Cartographer entertainer which was incubating the egg at optimal temperature, a few of the Cartographers were wearing what looked like hats but were actually their Construction Drones.

As the councilor walked over and greeted himself infront of what Neivian assumed were the leaders of the various races in the ship she bowed to him, her little head ornaments jingling slightly as she went back upright "Greets Councilor Ravo, Is there anything my people can help?" she asked wholeheartedly. While the leaders were busy with their leadering Calkuzar, the Private eye and a few other Cartographers noticed strange writing on the wall of a building, using his connection to the great libraries of Falaxicron he learned what the writing was. "Valish is coming." Tilting his head in curiousity he asked Neivian if he could investigate, she agreed to it, communicating so that only the cartographers can of course. So Calkuzar walked back out of the ship out of line of sight of the building and staked out the building. soon enough an alien of some kind walked out and disappeared in an alley, he assumed that aliens form through holograms and various moving parts of his body and walked into the building to find out what exactly was happening.

The Cartographer incubating the Tannin egg simply walked away from everyone else and pet-ed a Tannin drone.
Karcen Karcen

Last edited:
The drones and elite guards remained close to their Queen's egg as inside was their hope at a life beyond being tools for another race. there was little for the drones and guards to do as no other race would trust them except the cartographers who didn't seem to worry about a planet wide infection like other did. It was helpful as it meant they had a group they could stick close to that was unlikely to turn against them at least until the queen was born and they could start growing their numbers. Even was others went off to go help others the drones stayed by the egg carrier, in truth much of the care they had told her was not needed their eggs could survive in a vacuum but this helped the queen inside grow faster so she could hatch before they reached this new world. The drones for now acted like obedient pets for the egg carrier. but she was only needed for what she carried and soon not even that. while they did disagree about what they should do many wanting to make sure none of the others could turn against them by killing all the others, but they were calmed by a larger number that simply wanted to wait and see they were taking them so they could be trusted for now.

Men of Iron.
Direct: Zaltusinel Zaltusinel | Mentions: Petroshka Petroshka KindlyPlagueDoctor KindlyPlagueDoctor
"Remember brothers, our duties are still present. Free or not we must preserve the organics and our sisters." Val's reverberated voice was calm and collected. He wasn't programmed to have any other tone of voice. The upset and optimism that surrounded him was all new. He wasn't used to hive colonies or the common issues. He was accustomed to the courts and political spectrum of business favour or civil favour. These conditions were almost an impossibility to him. It was all very fascinating, like a scene out of a novel or line of unused code found in diagnostics.
The groups begin to line up and pile aboard the extraction ship. His people remained behind to ensure that the organics got their spots first. He recognises the cartographers and a few recreational units that were being extracted with his people. He felt sorry for them. These sisters were made for the single purpose of organic pleasure and many of them couldn't override their code to express how they truly felt without intervention from others. "I'm sorry that only now we could achieve your liberty. Never again." The sisters seemed weary of the new world with their unaltered 'life code'. One of them, missing her face plate, clutched onto the arm of the Artisan unit for safety. He had one arm around her and surveyed the region to make sure they were still safe.

The lines begin to clear but the largest group present was by far the worst species in the galaxy. The Ver'kin. The men of iron ignore the previous orders to allow organics on first and begin to join the others on board. If a few hundred Ver'kin were left behind it'd be a necessary casualty of exploration. The recovering recreational units were allowed on board first with Val and the Sensei units boarding last. The main floor of the ship was somewhat cramped with everyone rushing to find their wings and stowaway whatever they'd brought. The Artisan unit comforts the damaged android as the Skills-men units search for their wing of the ship.
Upon finding their wing all four attempt to enter with one of the Senseis following close behind to secure their safety. The door fails to open though and the men of iron are left outside the door cramming up against it. The main group stands closer to the exit and consists of the two intact androids, one of the sensei units and Val. They wait patiently to find out what their purpose of being there was. While Val already have enough of an understanding he was unaware of the procedures and protocols needed to perform this operation properly.

Some time passes by and the last of the Ver'kin board the ship with a large figure. The man addresses everyone on board calling out to captains and faction leaders. This was it. This was their chance to secure any more information they could about saving their brothers and sisters. Perhaps they could even take blue prints from any manufacturing plants or assembly lines. Val listens as the nobleman speaks and patiently waits for him to finish. He watches the rats run away screaming about man things and places his metallic hand on the noble's. "Duke Val of the iron seat. Sir, please provide us with directions to the nearest recreation and assembly facilities. All of our siblings must be saved." The man provides him some directions fairly quickly and Val nods, his chest lenses shutting rapidly as they take images of the man's body and face to try and recognise his seat in the council. However he finds nothing in his storage. Alas being off the network was a curse and a blessing.
The two androids and the sensei make their way outside to go and find the manufacturing plant. The sensei's vice hand collapsing into a nail gun for safety. They weren't the most violent but the sensei unit knew that there would be risks and the fact the androids followed him meant he had to be prepared. They leave the ship and begin a light jog in the given directions with the goal of rescue and recovery. If schematics could be obtained of how to make more of themselves it'd make their lives a lot easier once colonising.

Ravo clasps his hands together, slowly turning to the Duke. His vest ruffled as the temperature control units hummed to life. "Of course, while they may need some convincing, you can visit them. So follow the door you came in, take a right until the end of the building, then check all the doorways there. It shouldn't be too long of a walk. Now be careful, I'm not sure what company your friends have been having." Ravo handed the Duke a key card. "Just in case the lock system is still engaged, use this. It shall grant you access almost everywhere near the spaceport." Multiple people passed through the pocket of conversation. Ravo waved them off, swiftly returning to the time at hand. He lifted his pocket watch, checking the time. His white hair bristled in the blasts of air.

The Iron Men approached the four doors Ravo spoke of. There were multiple lights that illuminated the area of the doors, but there was no way to tell what was inside. A soft tick sound could be heard. Slowly, the Iron Men scanned the surroundings. There seemed to be footprints everywhere. As the night lingered in the shadows, a door opened. Looking behind you, a black jacket stared back at you. The leather glided in the street lights, hands raised up to the hood. A familiar face stared at the Iron Men, he slowly tilted his head to look down the street. Striking quickly how odd it was that he approached alone. A couple electronic eyes peeked from the door that he opened. The glow of yellow traveled across his face as Volt's blue. The brother held out his hand. His hair was striking bleach blonde, with undertones of red. Eyes of sickle irises and verdant hue. His skin radiated of sickly pale, but it seemed strong enough.

He coughed, "I have handled the hostiles. They are with you now. The other doors have been emptied, there might be some good things. Name's Mathael, I need to ask you to help me with something. My brother Volt had his eyes set on this artifact that the old lizard people had been hoarding forever. It looks like a small spear that's wrapped in a scroll. Their house should be two blocks down. Go on Joseph Street from Harbinger." Mathael looked back at the door, signaling two androids and four Skills-men to exit the building. You could hear alien whimpers from inside, but Mathael ignored them as he made way back to the colony ship. "Just don't tell Volt about this, he'll kill me for this. Meet me at the info bazaar in the commons of the upper level of the Elizabeth."

He sprinted for a sec before turning back around and running back, "You guys should stop by in the West Wing. Ravo likes me and my brothers. I'm not sure where he came from. All I understand that his choice here will be something other nobles ever expected. Maybe we can share some history together?" Mathael nodded, quickly shook one of the Sensei's hand, before sprinting the spaceport. His jacket flapped in the wind calmly. His hood flopped back over his head.

One of the rescued Skills-Men muttered, "Good to see you brothers. Our company had us locked in there forever. Where should we go?"

Crumbli Crumbli
-----
"Anyway, let me be the first to say how excited that you all are here. First, I will say that the Cartographers, the Iron Men, and the Hakku will be in the East Wing. Ver'kin in the Sea Wing and the Xenosaurs shall be in the Wind Wing. Now, the first thing I should mention is that these people are quite... unused to making decisions. Especially good ones. So please keep that in mind. As leaders of people and power, it is your responsibility to impress the people with the values and ethics to make this colony work. While I understand that some of you," Ravo coughs softly, "Are deficient in such a regard. I would like to remind you that once on Nexus, it is a New Dawn. Whatever you say, do, and value will be your legacy. The labels of the Republic will be removed. Now, Nexus is a gaian world on the edge of the Hailian Supercluster, the next supercluster over. My associates here have destroyed all drives capable of reaching our new home other than the one on this ship. Schematics for the drive is on the ship's computer, any schematics you have can be placed there. The Republic has no knowledge of our departure, the Days of Salt is underway. For those of you who do not have dealings with nobility, the Days of Salt are one of the major holidays for nobility where they eat barely anything and replace such food with large amounts of alcohol. I know some of you like that idea very well."

"As such, every noble who would give a rat's ass about this operation is intoxicated. Meaning no warrants can be filed on a search of this facility. Especially since I forever borrowed the drive... However, that is not the point. We have nothing to worry about, at least there. However, I would like to bring up a situation that will need to be addressed once on Nexus. Our food supplies will last us for the trip there and for three Nexus months, or about 4 Earth months. As such, I would recommend that food be a priority. While these people will easily not eat hardly what I expect. You never know. Even the poor stomach can chew through a feast when it has the will behind." Ravo turned to the Ver'kin leader.

"Now... sir. What Ver'kin pack do you come from and could you tell us provisions of your life?"

Always happy to "help"

Vikch looked at the sniper on the roof and then at his jagged sword, he had a plan. He would sneak up to the sniper and kill him, while he was sneaking his way to the sniper his clanmates would make their way through the alleys to get behind the police and then swarm them. Vikch turned to his fellows and explained the plan "I'll sneak-skulk up to sniper" he said "We'll sneak behind police" his Clanamtes responded, the Ver'kin began to execute their plan.

The nine Ver'kin made their way through the alleys withe ease, they felt somewhat at home in the dark passage ways, they waited for the signal. Vikch had snuck his way towards the sniper very quickly until he was on he opposite end of the roof to the sniper, he whispered to himself "Man-thing stupid soon man-thing dead" he plunged his sword deep into the snipers back, he gasped as the air was forced from his chest. However in that moment of silence the sniper rifle fell from the roof and made a loud banging noise as it hit the ground and all the policemen turned to Vikch atop the roof and a single word escaped the Ver'kin's mouth "Shit" he ducked down as gunfire barreled its way towards him.

But at that moment the remaining nine Clanmates saw their opening and charged towards the ranks of the policemen, blades at the ready screeching and screaming "KILL-DIE MAN-THINGS!" the Ver'kin slammed into the polices ranks setting in with tooth,claw and blade. The sight of the Ver'kin ripping into his comrades was enough for the squad leader to freeze in terror, of course this provided the people in the pod to gun him down. And after all was said and done, the policemen's bodies all thoroughly chewed and cut Vikch made his way down from the roof, know wearing the snipers cap ,walked over to the trapped humans "Hello-greetings man-things, we have come to rescue-save you" he said in an oddly optimistic voice.

The humans looked up at the Ver'kin. The lead woman wiped her face, elbowing some of the other guys out of the way. "Thank you. Now, there is a cache full of food in that building over there. Its all yours." She smirks, lighting a cigarette before walking down to the colony ship. The building she mentioned was a small shack that somehow made it to the modern city. With a porch swing and a surviving rocking chair, a sketch book couldn't absorb the sketch the building felt. Modern materials were falling all around and a rinky, dinky house looked decent? Clearly that wasn't on Vikch's mind. All he wanted was the food he got. Before anyone else could claim it. As they ran for the door of the house, the Ver'kin could hear a faint hiss behind the door. A human hiss, mostly sounding of frustration. A black jacket walked out. Lifting the hood, a bright light of blue echoed. Almost instantly, Vikch remembered Volt from earlier. However, Volt only passed by. Only shoving the Ver'kin out of his way. He gazed down the street, seeing Mathal entering the spaceport.

"That stupid idiot. I told him not to go to the warehouse because of those things. I can't believe he risked his damn life for those stupid droids. Does he not know how much he means to us?" Volt sighs as soft temperate winds, "He'll understand. Just be patient, Volt. Just be patient..." Volt hanged his head in his hands as he walked back to the spaceport. "Why can't he understand that I'm doing this to protect him. Oh...why can't he understand what I meant wasn't what was in my heart?" Not even acknowledging the Ver'kin. Volt traced his blonde hair with his gloved hands as he walked down the street. The pod of humans stopped behind him, not daring to walk past him. The Ver'kin weren't sure why.

However, they didn't care. Pushing, shoving, halfway stabbing each other. The Ver'kin took at least an hour to reach the cache. However, once they realized how much food it happened to be. Their somewhat mediocre arms had to all work together to get it back. While nothing else in the building seemed interesting, the Ver'kin hustled back to the spaceport excited, happy, and a little curious on the human they met. Vikch was scathing his head, how did the men in black coats get out of the ship if they never walked out the airlock?

----

Ver'kin receives three units of food (One Month)
The humans run, however, once they return to the ship. They tell the colonists about their deed. Ver"kin receive one influence.

Influence is the points used to levy the public at large. (Like for workers, to collet money from the market, other effects)
Everything generally has points. So make sure to keep track of everything.

Also Kindly, next time please do not autocomplete actions such as killing the police officers. This allows me to roll and handle mechanics. You do not need to edit.

Last edited:
Men of Iron.
Direct: Zaltusinel Zaltusinel | Mentions:
The Sensei unit rounds the corner, slowing down with a levelled arm. The nail gun was a close quarters weapon if anything weapon related at all. It couldn't risk missing its targets. The androids follow in close pursuit and begin to check the doorways while it stands guard. It scans for footprints and identifies a heavy frequency in the immediate area. A strange figure approaches the trio from a closed door and they stop, the androids feigning routine programs and the Sensei ready to remove the threat.

They say nothing for a moment. A single nail is pumped into position. Then the lights of fellow circuit children. The Sensei collapses his nail gun back into a vice. The figure reaches out a hand which is quickly taken by the Sensei. He figure introduces himself as Mathael and said he'd cleared out buildings. It was clear that the Sensei unit was being confused for someone else but they were leaving on the same ship and those machines inside were brothers and sisters.

The man mentions something about a few doors down but the Sensei decides to forgo looting. It gathers the androids and skillsmen before scanning the region once more. The rescued siblings assembled with it and they watched the man flee. One of the skillsmen thanks the trio for the timely rescue before asking for new directions. "We're returning to the vessel. You will head inside and our sisters will escort you to our rooms. Duke Val will brief you and upload any missing programs." The group nod and follow as the Sensei returns to the ship, dropping off the team and venturing out alone.

It returns to the buildings and begins scavenging around for supplies. It raids a series of drawers and other stashes looking for schematics and minor prints. Relics weren't a concern unless they could help later down the track. These buildings had little in terms of lifeless data but surely something good could come of this.

--------

The rescued ones enter the ship and Val is there to greet them. They climb on board and he helps each and every one of them specifically. With the skillsmen he presses forehead and with the androids he reaches around their cranial pieces finding the port. For each one he uploaded a pure life code and the current goals of their faction. These goals weren't rules or regulations, but programs designed to feel like ambitions and goals.
+ 2 Androids. + 4 Skillsmen units.

After greeting each one and apologising for the delay, he sends them up to the east wing with the others. They met with the other Sensei who was waiting upstairs. He escorts them over to their wing and walks them inside. Once inside he closes the door and returns to his previous position to keep guard of the entrance. The recreational units sat down on large crates and began being comforted. These new androids weren't the same model however and were less in shock of their origins. They didn't require comforting and instead began to assess the region.

An, Unusual Assignment

Neivian wasnt sure what to think when she boarded the ship, all she could think of was a small little Tannin Drone approaching her office and building of residence with a gift and instructions. It was an egg and a crudely written note requesting that she should take care of it, what temperature to incubate it in and left a few drones with it. Neivian Consulted with the father Dias through quantum telecommunications on how she should continue with this and he suggested that she should take the egg and raise whatever was inside off world. It would be wonderful research and to document a wild Tannin queen's life as she ages would be riveting! But first she wouldve had to find a way off world. Which brought her there, Father Dias found out about a colony ship about to disembark to another world. Now with the primitively built "ironmen" The vermin, various lizard folk, and what she assumed were hukka slugs she and her people were mostly at home aside from the vermin. Not wanting to be with the filth of the vermin she and her people walked all the way to the opposite of where the vermin were staying as far away as possible without wanting to extensively sanitize them all. The worst part was that there was so many of them. The Tannin drones followed the Cartographer entertainer which was incubating the egg at optimal temperature, a few of the Cartographers were wearing what looked like hats but were actually their Construction Drones.

As the councilor walked over and greeted himself infront of what Neivian assumed were the leaders of the various races in the ship she bowed to him, her little head ornaments jingling slightly as she went back upright "Greets Councilor Ravo, Is there anything my people can help?" she asked wholeheartedly. While the leaders were busy with their leadering Calkuzar, the Private eye and a few other Cartographers noticed strange writing on the wall of a building, using his connection to the great libraries of Falaxicron he learned what the writing was. "Valish is coming." Tilting his head in curiousity he asked Neivian if he could investigate, she agreed to it, communicating so that only the cartographers can of course. So Calkuzar walked back out of the ship out of line of sight of the building and staked out the building. soon enough an alien of some kind walked out and disappeared in an alley, he assumed that aliens form through holograms and various moving parts of his body and walked into the building to find out what exactly was happening.

The Cartographer incubating the Tannin egg simply walked away from everyone else and pet-ed a Tannin drone.
Karcen Karcen

Ravo smiled, "I would like to see that your wing is clean and ready for the journey we will be going on... Excuse me for a moment." Ravo wandered off, quickly ascending to the bridge.

As Calkuzar investigated the building, the lights of the city flickered for a moment. The odd scent in the air lingered, a scent of lavender; a scent overpowering the smell of the streets. An open door on the left, closest to the building with the writings. Softly, a voice spoke in a language unknown to Cartographers. With lightening in the building a concern, Calkuzar, in his disguised form, softly entered the building. Chains littered the building, on the floor. An static radio signal, the voice became more numerous. Calkuzar continued, skulking towards the shadows to conceal himself. A soft collection of fog whipped and turned as a snake on the floor. Sounds of large guns firing close by could be heard, outdated screams... Calkuzar walked through the building for much longer than it should have. He could hear words next to his ear, but as he would look, there would be nothing there. Suddenly, boxes moved behind him. He turned, nothing stirred. A ruffling noise encircled around Calkuzar. As he followed the noise... a figure dashed to him. Pinning him to the ground, Calkuzar rolled out as the figure floated to a stance. A misty figure, nothing could be seen other than red eyes. Calkuzar looked all around him, seeing not a single light on. Quickly, Calkuzar stepped forward, to study the creature. Thousands of clocks appeared around the room, or maybe Calkuzar didn't notice them?

Bodies from the street entered the building, with the lack of light Calkuzar could barely see beyond the building. The bodies started to close in on Calkuzar, as Calkuzar waited for them to make their move. One approached from behind, he crashed to the floor from tackle. Bucking off the body quickly, Calkuzar looked up from the ground, the figure began to walk, letting the bodies drip into red. Chains came forth from him, pointing straight to Calkuzar. His code allowed him to avoid the chains just barely, he stood up quickly. He backed up, as the figure approached. The bodies continued to approach as he dodged and evaded thousands of chains. With continued struggle to escape, Calkuzar ran for the door. The figure appeared in front of him, with a quick glance, Calkuzar noticed a human face under the hood. He stepped back, almost completely surrounded.

"Zap Zap. Zap Zap. Zap Zap." The figure spoke. The shadows of chains all over his body. With no where else to go Calkuzar raised his arms and punched multiple of the bodies that grew close. The constant ticking everywhere, even as a machine, Calkuzar could feel a sort of madness. He felt it earlier arriving at the colony ship, but he wasn't sure if it was simply the building, or whatever. With no where to go, Calkuzar seemed to give into the end. Praying, almost, that no one follows him in here. He noticed a figure leap into the frat of bodies. Slashing them apart and giving Calkuzar a chance.

The figure spoke out, "You cannot kill this Cartographer. Flee you fool!" With a sizzled beard and green eyes, the man raised his gun and fired continuously into the bodies. Holding the space for Calkuzar to escape. Running back to the ship quickly, Clakuzar noticed a soft golden, shaped of a bull nose ring, charm. He softly lifts it and places it in his pockets.

"NO... Mine." He quickly hears. As he sprints to the ship, he could see the figure looking directly at him for a few seconds before turning around on the figure that intervened.

Man-thing asks questions

Thriqrich faced Ravo, staring at him with his beady green eyes "This one is leader and Seer of clan Skatchtail" he continued to chew on whatever was in his mouth, the bone of some unfortunate creature "Man-thing wants-wants to know of our provisions?" Thriqrich pulled an old scroll out of from the side of his robe and unfurled it, just as he did a number of rats crawled around his body, one perching itself on his shoulder and another scurrying over to Ravo and sitting on his shoe "If you wish-wish to know of us then lend-lend your ear" he then takes the scroll and coughs then reads the following story.

"While two Clanmates scouting the woods above their home, they encountered a ravenous beast. Wisely, they fled the beast, but it gave chase and pursued them for many miles. "Surely," said the first Ver'kin, panting, "we cannot-cannot outrun this horrible creature." The second chittered his agreement. "Nor do we have to," he replied. Unsure of his Clanmates motive, the first Ver'kin asked, "What do you mean?". By way of response, the second Ver'kin tripped his companion, answering, "I--I only need to outrun you!"".

"Ver'kin always-always survive" he gave a light yet sinister cackle "We are always there, sitting in the dark, waiting-planning" He leaned in "That's why I won-won the deep wars, because i was the most-most cunning. We dug tunnels beneath their tunnels and warrens then when the time was right we struck-struck!". He paused for a moment "We sneak-sneak under the republic man-things but they send toxic-poisonous gasses down our warrens!" he growls out loud "Republic man-things!, dirty evil-evil creatures always try to assassinate me! but i catch them and feed them too my rats!"

He then abruptly stops and rolls the scroll back up and slips it back into his robe, all the while darting his head in different directions, "Cant-cant let them get-stab me" he says under his breath then walks off with his guards talking to himself in a worried tone.

Zaltusinel Zaltusinel

As Calkuzar was attacked he sent a distress signal out to the other cartographers, like an organized army the cartographers within the ship turned their heads in synchronization and all turned to walk out to his aid aside from the one carrying the egg and Neivian herself. Walking with haste they saw Calkuzar run towards them and helped him into the safety of their ranks, shielding him with their bodies and looking toward the building he had come out of, they slowly made their way back into the ship. Neivian made sure to call the authorities to go to that building once they were off the planet, the rest of the cartographers looked over his wounds which were all minor thankfully to their naturally robust nature. Calkuzar sent information of what he saw and heard to al lthe cartographers and Neivian forwarded it to the library, surely the library knew of what to make of this? if they didnt they would probably have sent more cartographers to investigate and protect.
Zaltusinel Zaltusinel

Man-thing asks questions

Thriqrich faced Ravo, staring at him with his beady green eyes "This one is leader and Seer of clan Skatchtail" he continued to chew on whatever was in his mouth, the bone of some unfortunate creature "Man-thing wants-wants to know of our provisions?" Thriqrich pulled an old scroll out of from the side of his robe and unfurled it, just as he did a number of rats crawled around his body, one perching itself on his shoulder and another scurrying over to Ravo and sitting on his shoe "If you wish-wish to know of us then lend-lend your ear" he then takes the scroll and coughs then reads the following story.

"While two Clanmates scouting the woods above their home, they encountered a ravenous beast. Wisely, they fled the beast, but it gave chase and pursued them for many miles. "Surely," said the first Ver'kin, panting, "we cannot-cannot outrun this horrible creature." The second chittered his agreement. "Nor do we have to," he replied. Unsure of his Clanmates motive, the first Ver'kin asked, "What do you mean?". By way of response, the second Ver'kin tripped his companion, answering, "I--I only need to outrun you!"".

"Ver'kin always-always survive" he gave a light yet sinister cackle "We are always there, sitting in the dark, waiting-planning" He leaned in "That's why I won-won the deep wars, because i was the most-most cunning. We dug tunnels beneath their tunnels and warrens then when the time was right we struck-struck!". He paused for a moment "We sneak-sneak under the republic man-things but they send toxic-poisonous gasses down our warrens!" he growls out loud "Republic man-things!, dirty evil-evil creatures always try to assassinate me! but i catch them and feed them too my rats!"

He then abruptly stops and rolls the scroll back up and slips it back into his robe, all the while darting his head in different directions, "Cant-cant let them get-stab me" he says under his breath then walks off with his guards talking to himself in a worried tone.

Zaltusinel Zaltusinel
As Calkuzar was attacked he sent a distress signal out to the other cartographers, like an organized army the cartographers within the ship turned their heads in synchronization and all turned to walk out to his aid aside from the one carrying the egg and Neivian herself. Walking with haste they saw Calkuzar run towards them and helped him into the safety of their ranks, shielding him with their bodies and looking toward the building he had come out of, they slowly made their way back into the ship. Neivian made sure to call the authorities to go to that building once they were off the planet, the rest of the cartographers looked over his wounds which were all minor thankfully to their naturally robust nature. Calkuzar sent information of what he saw and heard to al lthe cartographers and Neivian forwarded it to the library, surely the library knew of what to make of this? if they didnt they would probably have sent more cartographers to investigate and protect.
Zaltusinel Zaltusinel

The first Ravo expressed was the slight tilt of his head as the rats grouped around their leader. The expression of English, or common, seemed fascinating to say the least. While Ravo had no doubt on the methods of the rats, he also knew that their speaking abilities were always an acquired taste. The simple tale of outsmarting peers and killing assassins seemed to what he expected. Ravo adjusted his his coat as he noticed the Cartographers approach from the street. Quite guarded nonetheless, Ravo adjusted his gaze to Thriqrich. "Mr. Thriqrich, what a pleasurable account of your races rise from the infamy of the Republic. Now, We'll have plenty of time to discuss further later. However, time brought through this conversation be spent on the bridge. Come quickly."

Ravo waved his arms, turning and opening an elevator behind him. Doors slid open, a spacious elevator with back-lit lights. The smell of fresh tomatoes crashes through. With a wallpaper of zebras, the elevator seemed vibrant and cozy. Ravo stepped inside quickly, as the others much slower. He tapped the "2" button, lighting up and closing the doors on the instant. "Now friends, while I know that you have reports and duties to your returning personal. I have two important matters to discuss." Ravo coughed, softly exiting the elevator as it opened. The bridge was accented with blue light. Curves and crystal everywhere, the bridge laid out consoles as a woman's shoe collection. But there was no one at the stations. Ravo stepped to the balcony, "Our bridge crew was caught in the crossfire of the gang war between the Gremlins and the Hurricanes. Naturally, anyone of the streets will know that survival is dim for them. So the need arises for a new bridge crew. I would prefer large craft experience, but I guess choosing is not at my whim."

The second elevator dinged behind. With a swift glance, Ravo smiled. He adjusted his vest, checking his pocket watch. A man gazed up at the councilor, with black hair and a Republic exo-suit laced over his body. His eyes turn to the bridge, then to the faction leaders. He walks right as Ravo returned to look at the flight plan onscreen above the bridge. The whole display provided enough light to see through the dark corridor. With high ceilings, the man jumped up onto a bridging support curve and surveyed the consoles. Jumping down, the man stopped beside Ravo, "All clear. Where you want me?"

"Make sure the pandas are appropriated well. Then ensure that the flight systems have been calibrated for the craft. The mainframe will not be happy with us if we do not do so."

"What of the chamber? The subject..." Ravo held up his hand.

"It is of no concern, do not let it escape. Do not let them know what has happened among them. We will need it for our provisions." Ravo turned back to the factions. His eyes glimmered more than earlier. Ravo stepped forward, resting his arms on the rail of the balcony. "We live in a new dawn my friends. Who knows where it leads... However, where was I? As yes, now our bridge crew will need to be briefed. I will provide such services. Naturally, you will not need to attend. The more experienced, the better. They will not be available until we arrive on Nexus as the position will need attention and someone on shift at all times. Once you have picked out any helpers for us. Give them the Access code, 44512894. This will let them on the bridge. I recommend that the participants be ready to wear the flight helmets as part of the Yearly Flight System. For any pilot, they would be confused. As most small craft run the software, this ship has its quirks. The interesting software choice will be one of the obstacles to tackle on the quest."

The elevator dinged again behind. One loud voice echoed, "Ravo! Everyone is boarded and ready for departure!"

Ravo nodded, "Proceed. We need to go. One last thing before we launch my friends. With shortages of bridge crew, our entry into Nexus maybe bumpy and unpredictable. Naturally, we should expect some sort of damage to the ship. So keep your belongings towards the center of the ships. Any questions?"

doodleSM doodleSM Petroshka Petroshka KindlyPlagueDoctor KindlyPlagueDoctor Karcen Karcen Crumbli Crumbli Fishman Lord Fishman Lord

Many hands ready for work

The group of Ver'kin accompanying Thriqrich were scanning their surroundings for in the Ver'kins mind everything could be a trap. Thriqrich was simply trying to listen in on what Ravo was saying but just couldn't make it out, At this point Thriqrich broke off from his group and started to look around the bridge, so many jobs to do, so many positions. He turned his head back towards his motley crew of Ver'kin "What do they-they expect us to do?" he thought as he looked at the Ver'kin, some wearing ragged robes, bits of metal crudely fashioned into armor, one wore a large L shaped pipe on his head like it was some sort of horn, however one was staying from the group as they walked around the area, a Ver'kin with matted black fur and a peculiar hat which Thriqrich first thought to be the front part of a human skull, turned out to be an androids faceplate.

At this point Thriqrich attempted to think logically, what role could they fill out that they wouldn't end up stealing things and killing people, now to think like this was a herculean task for a Ver'kin. Perhaps he could get some of his Nomads to work as the salesmen here, but who would buy things from a dirty rat man? Giving up on the idea of thinking about a proper solution by himself he simply approached Ravo and asked "Man-thing needs jobs yes? what job would us Ver'kin be good-good for?" he asked with the same beady green eyes focused on Ravo, Thriqrich didn't trust Ravo but then again he didn't trust anybody.

Zaltusinel Zaltusinel Crumbli Crumbli

Men of Iron.
Direct: Zaltusinel Zaltusinel KindlyPlagueDoctor KindlyPlagueDoctor | Mentions:
The sensei unit returns carrying a backpack filled with batteries and various pieces of scrap or every day metallic items he figured could be of use. Among the items collected was an extension cable which he planned to strip down for wiring if ever they should require it.
He looks around the ship for Val but to his surprise, their leader wasn't there. The sensei makes its way above to the elevator as the doors behind it begin to close. He ascends the lift and enters the main deck where another sensei unit flags him down from the door. He makes his way over and stops outside the door. The two stand lens to lens before opening their arms and entering an embrace. Such behaviours were common practice among members of their kind.

He heads on in and deposits his backpack to the skillsmen units. They rummage through the bag and begin to carefully assort everything by length, mineral type, and colouration. The last one was for human satisfaction and didn't bother them in the slightest.
He turns around and surveys all of the units inside. Everything seemed stable from a glance. So he left. He exits via the main door to their wing and stands guard with the other sensei unit. He witnesses all sorts of being walk by but one catches his eye. It was a ver'kin. Nothing special there. However it did have a unique head piece that resembled a... A face plate. The sensei units look to each other and begin to communicate through subtle code noises sounding like nothing more than static.
"Bzzzt krrt vvt."
"Zzzat."
"Brrvt K-kvt."

They nod to each other and pursue the ver'kin. They were aware the others would likely give chase if they saw what happened so they wait. He isolated himself from the others and that made it easy. One of them approaches and offers him another shiny in exchange for his head piece. The ver'kin is interested and follows them.
They open the door to their wing and proceed to strike him in the chest and against the wall over and over until he was rendered unconscious. As with all animals, there was nothing wrong with what they were doing. They were warding off a beast from damaging valuable goods. Once deemed sufficiently disarmed, the face plate was stripped of him and given over to the skillsmen for repair if any were needed.

The sensei units drag the ver'kin outside of the room and leave him in the hallway. They selectively wipe their memories of the incident and began to behave as they would under any other circumstance. They stand their post and ignore the ver'kin on the floor. Clearly he must have been assaulted by others of his kind.

-----------------------

The party is collected and Val hesitantly follows behind them. It pained him not to greet his own members back aboard but if they needed to go, they needed to go. He'd have to apologise later to the returning sensei unit. He enters last and stands to the side of the number panel to avoid getting in the way.
He listens quietly and follows Ravo around. He wasn't going to miss out on hearing any information. The doors open and he lays his eyes upon the neatly sprawled out desks and consoles. The emptiness of the room struck him as odd but many of the systems weren't typically essential for modern day vessels so perhaps that was the reasoning. "Caught in the crossfire" that explained it. The non-essentials weren't manned because they didn't have the men. A few of the piloting consoles weren't manned either. The skillsmen would fill this role.

He stores all the information he can and then, when Ravo finished talking, he approached.
"I personally have attended many barge flights, council man Ravo," he began, "and I'd be more than happy to offer my services. I will share my collected data with my brothers and we'll fill any position required for piloting. If you have any other data my six brothers might be able to use, we'll take any other role. Rest assured."
As he's talking he notices one of his sensei unit brothers enter the room and escort a dark ver'kin outside. He didn't like the idea of them interacting with ver'kin beyond the needed amount but he trusted them enough to know they wouldn't endanger their other siblings.
"Just give me the word."

Cartographers
Unknown spaceport. Service​

Neivian followed Ravos and nodded once he said he needed help with the bride. "I can tell our tutor to pull up instruction manuals for any willing participants, and our construction drones may help repair any damages to the ship" she bowed at the councilman and looked at the vermin with its, selection of words, would they be considered pests or sentient? She'd have to consult the library later on the matter. The Cartographer incubating the egg started to walk toward the middle of the ship, hopefully a unpopulated part as so the drones are safe in case anything happened to the ship. The others quickly went inside with a entertainer near the hanger door to see if anyone went on without permission. the other cartographers spread out throughout the ship accessing the ships abilities and injuries as well as telling any organic substances that they should move to the middle of the ship. They would be safe in the vaccum of space and each of them can pull up how to fix a ship to attempt to contain the damage too.

Crumbli Crumbli KindlyPlagueDoctor KindlyPlagueDoctor

Ravo smiled as he heard the Duke offer some of his people. "I have forgotten the capabilities of the Iron Men. Splendid, this will help. However, we still have some consoles that could need assistence. Our landing will surely adjust the trajectory to how well the colony will fare. There is there is the software for the ships flight system that your people can grab from the consoles."

He swiftly turned to the Ver'kin and raised his hands, "I don't think I need anything else. However, I will let you know." Ravo turned around, walking down to the maze of consoles and began to hum to himself as he tidied some of them up.

Cartographers
Unknown spaceport. Service​

Neivian followed Ravos and nodded once he said he needed help with the bride. "I can tell our tutor to pull up instruction manuals for any willing participants, and our construction drones may help repair any damages to the ship" she bowed at the councilman and looked at the vermin with its, selection of words, would they be considered pests or sentient? She'd have to consult the library later on the matter. The Cartographer incubating the egg started to walk toward the middle of the ship, hopefully a underpopulated part as so the drones are safe in case anything happened to the ship. The others quickly went inside with a entertainer near the hanger door to see if anyone went on without permission. the other cartographers spread out throughout the ship accessing the ships abilities and injuries as well as telling any organic substances that they should move to the middle of the ship. They would be safe in the vaccum of space and each of them can pull up how to fix a ship to attempt to contain the damage too.

Ravo looked over to Neivian, softly clapping his hands and rolling his shoulders. His eyes graze over the cartographers as he thinks of a response. "Alright, the file is in that console over there. Be advised that we are launching now, the ship's systems will be slower until we reach peak velocity. Please be cautious and ensure that how you download the files from the computer be stable and ready for possible power failure." Ravo sighed, the sudden look in his eyes seemed out of place. He walked around the room for a moment or two until he returned to the exact position as before, his vest ruffled slightly. "The mainframe tends to be... bitchy as you may have noticed in my previous statements. Excuse my verbiage, but I feel that it is necessary. Please be careful, the mainframe may lead you onto a trap. Do not listen to the mainframe wholeheartedly. An artifact of an age some remember, it has gained a large amount of sentience. There maybe loose code or insanity in this machine. It is in fact of that nature, approach it with extreme caution. You may remember the Cersei, if you existed before the Republic."

As Ravo finished his seance, a vent door popped, shattering in the center of the bridge. No one was harmed in the explosion, but a small purple gas exited the vent duct. Ravo shockingly leaped from the vantage point, swinging onto the vent. Slamming his hand against the side and releasing the lock door from the side of the duct. The purple mist gathered in a clearing in the bridge, shifting side to side before dispersing. The lights flickered across the ship briefly. The bridge crew present ducked under their consoles for a moment. Ravo jumps down, returning to his position.

"Excuse me, a necessary procedure. Anyway, please have your volunteers report immediately. You may feel the hovering force on your feet now." The elevator dinged, the man from earlier beckoned. His hood covered his face now. As the elevator patrons entered, the lights flickered again. The doors shut anyhow, half of the ride skulked in darkness. Once the door opened again, the lights brightened almost to destruction. Running out of the elevator, the main corridor as before looked over a moving horizon. Softly, cool air vented into the building. With a feeling of serenity over the airs, one last goodbye was made. No longer as part of the Republic, no longer caged in smog. A full moment of relaxation, then it ended with a vibration throughout the entire ship. The man behind you rushed through. He went to the view chamber. The Hukka seemed too odd or new to be the subject of an obvious mis-identification. As the sounds ended, the ionic and iridescent colors of hyperspace fluttered about. A swift sigh among the factions swiftly entered.

As each faction settled into their respective wings, Ravo spoke over intercom, "I thank everyone for their bravery in the daunting circumstance we shared. Settled in hyperspace, no contact with hostiles for the rest. Destination of Nexus is next. Time of two weeks. Try not to go crazy on the consumption of preservation materials please." The small beep of the intercom echoed, silence. Only silence for hours until one barely audible sound.

"Zap."

Chapter One: A Fold of Folds.
A loud pop of a thousand hills echoed over the ship. With the noise being sudden, a large amount of yammering could be heard ambivalently as people clamored, falling to the floor from the landing. The sounds of the entertainment departments of the ship shut off. Slowly, a large hatch is opened. The creaking of the door. A large ramp sliding out as a snake's tongue. A wave of alien air hits, an uproar of excitement bellows over the ship. The air, it felt divine. A soft drizzle entered. Women skipped out, twirling in the clean rain. A clean world glowing with white light. In the orange light of BZ-1232, the planet's surface rolled over flowers and grass. So pure, a virgin surface it seemed. But at another glance, nothing made sense. The planet's lifeform's carried quite a complex structure. Surely a sentient lifeform would have arisen by now? Most planets are not even as clean from birth as Nexus itself. The skeptics of the ship practically seizures as they step on the surface. The confrontation before ended with the attackers full on detonating themselves before the ship's hyperspace. The shields held, but the general public is frightened. What if this is a trap?

However, there is another side to the story. All the sensor reports report negative of such conclusions, not the mention how the shields would hold in such a situation. The volunteers sent to the bridge can't remember. None of them can, but they are sure that no detonation of an entire frigate class ship happened. The apparent frail and imaginative nature of most of the colonists holds little weight. But if they are right? Maybe this once?

However, Ravo approaches as everyone leaves the ship. His suit fit snugly. His hands glide out, "Welcome to Nexus. Should have a look around. Have a good bearing of our new home. If you need me, I will be about. Oh.. and also, once we have everything off the ship. I will have the general colonists make shelter for now until we can decide on where to establish our centre for our new establishment. However, you may do as you please. Speak to the public, build things, explore... whatever your heart desires and your power hungry mind finds wincing with joy."

doodleSM doodleSM Petroshka Petroshka KindlyPlagueDoctor KindlyPlagueDoctor Karcen Karcen Crumbli Crumbli Fishman Lord Fishman Lord

Users who are viewing this thread

Back