• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Aarfy

Government Official
Dear future RP partner,

Hello!!! I'm Aarfy and I've been roleplaying on and off for a decade (since I was 9) and creating original characters for even longer. Now that I have more time at home away from school, I am searching for an RP partner to develop lore and OCs with!

Typically, when creating stories I am detail-oriented and love the research that entails setting up the context. I find inspiration by sifting through various art pieces (usually spanning up to the 21st century) and music to feel out tones. Themes are very important to me, and I like to consider social reality and explore the ideologies of various OCs to breathe life into them. I hope you will be just as enthusiastic about developing worlds as I am ^__^ I don't have a database for my characters and art just yet except for my Instagram, linked in my profile. I do not expect you to have character profiles of your own already.

I am not here for purely romance-driven roleplay or specific pairings. I enjoy watching OCs grow together and forge meaningful relationships, although they can develop into something romantic alongside a great story and adventure.

I am compatible if you have:
  • historical knowledge or interest in history
  • flexibility in writing length (I can also match anywhere from one-liners to multiple paragraphs, I like to employ whatever keeps the pace moving or flowing for maximum engagement)
  • a love for multiple genres such as sci-fi/futurism, historical, fantasy, mystery, horror, action/adventure, tragedy, comedy, and crossing them over
    :)
    THOUGH PLEASE NO SLICE OF LIFE.... I BEG OF YOU....
  • non-distracting literacy- I make typos myself, but I want to be able to at least clearly understand you and your overall writing
  • selectivity with roleplay partners, I value quality over quantity
  • a desire to get to know each other ooc too!! I find it hard to interact with no friendliness or deep discussion about lore and characters
    :(
    I think it's also helpful for communicating when there might be breaks. I don't want hard work to fall off the face of the Earth- I want to respect your time, and ask that you respect mine in return!! I do genuinely want to get to know you and your creations.
  • a desire to have fun above all!!
    :D
Stories I am currently working on (not ready for roleplay yet, but can serve as foundations for a plot):
  • A 1920s Mardi Gras-esque alternate dimension of New Orleans called Crescent City. This is probably my most developed lore thus far, and I have an array of characters for it already. The adoptive son of a demonic goddess accidentally opens a door to the mortal realm throwing the balance of his chaotic city full of witches, vampires, and demons off. His cousin joins him in uncovering the evils of his Louis XIV-style mother and the exploited poorer areas outside of the jazzy metropolis. A revolution brews and they form new lovely bonds to make meaningful change to their intoxicated, ignorant, and wrongfully stratified society.
  • A late 1980s/early 1990s comedy revolving around vampire roommates. An insufferable young man gets the foolish idea of becoming a vampire so he can get more dates, and a house of vampires agrees to turn him in exchange for money (they were behind on rent lol). The transformation doesn't turn out as he had hoped, and he loses whatever vaguely attractive aspects he had (his wealthy father cuts him off for being a liability, his complexion pales and he gains a mopey and aloof attitude). He goes on a desperate date with a girl who behaves oddly and smells like wet dog, only to find out she's a werewolf after she beats him up when he tried to drain to They form a purely platonic relationship afterward and together they navigate the complex struggles and hierarchy of the vampire house and their city.

Other topics I'd love to explore or create with you, I can play either muses:
  • Supernatural Regency (Plot example: Muse A, a Scottish werewolf, completes his education away from home while staying at a vampiric estate, meeting Muse B.)
  • Beauty and the Beast-esque pairings (Ex: Muse A, A cursed prince or princess finds a way to break their spell with help of Muse B)
  • Ancient Greek, Roman, Egyptian, Norse, or Mesoamerican world setting
  • The rivalry between ancient deities from the premise or locations above (Ex: Muse A, a diety/god, has always detested Muse B, another diety/god, but something forces them to work together to restore the balance thrown off by conflicts between older/more powerful deities/gods). All mythological creatures welcomed for this plot!
  • Revolutionary (proletariat) themes
  • Wild West RP (could add supernatural elements to it!)

We do NOT have to use any of them for roleplay, they are purely optional and here for idea stimulation. We can create our own from scratch, work off an idea/story of yours, or vise-versa! I can play almost any role and love to write as both humans and monsters. I naturally gravitate toward more supernatural historical ones and human/monster dynamics.

If you're interested please private message me saying why you think why we are a good fit for each other! ^__^
Alternatively, comment if you want me to join a group or want to form one.

Can't wait to form wonderful worlds and memories with you!!!

Sincerely,
Aarfy

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back