• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings ⬩◆ An Ark called Sin ◆⬩

AiDEE-c0

evil flower blossoming cutely
Roleplay Availability
My Interest Check
black box.png
Blackbox Type M>format DIVERGE

>Exposition formatting has been initiated...

Last month, the Earth became fully recognized as a doomed entity, riddled with Malice. It was an ironic fate for humanity, which thought itself untouchable up to that point. As technological gods driven by science and logic, what else could possibly challenge mankind's reign, other than its most basal of impulses? Specifically speaking, it was a disease that inspired them, brought even the most determined of pacifists to revel in bloodshed; Hereditary Evil Raiser syndrome, or HER for short.

As a last-ditch attempt of preservation, unafflicted scientists were gathered in groups of 72 to board spaceships called Arks. Escaping to outer space, it was hoped that these vessels could create the seeds of a future, better humanity. Among them, the Chance Seven carried a crew like any other, curated heavily by the Frontier assembly. To prepare for their herculean task, the ship was fitted with a Black Box Type O, an almost magical tool designed to simulate an entire virtual reality, together with more esoteric functions. Onboard, the scientists worked urgently to program a subject to monitor, a universe in which to observe the human condition and learn from its faults, mistakes and progress.

Unfortunately, this progress came far smoother than anticipated, raising rightful concerns over the virtual mankind approaching true self-awareness. In response, looking to prevent its inevitable study of parallel worlds, half of the scientists urged their colleagues to shut the Black Box down, while the other refused to agree with such a notion. Verbal disagreements shortly turned into scuffles, and the Chance Seven mysteriously wandered off course. In the end, the last thing that the researchers experienced was the blaring of red lights and the tremors of impact.

In such dire situations, dire solutions have to be taken...

>Exposition formatting has been concluded.

>Ellaboration formatting has been initiated...

To summarize what to expect, this should be a GM'd sandbox roleplay set in a fantasy-esque world with elements of higher technology. After the crash of Chance Seven, through the meddling of uncertain hands, the spirit data of the deceased crewmembers became trapped within the Black Box, transferred to the virtual universe it hosted. With the device irreparably damaged, it is up to these researchers to adopt new forms and navigate out of the accident they've caused, or simply absorb themselves in this new chance they've acquired.

I'll be at the head of NPCs and story progression, but I expect a bit of collaboration from the players. While this is a sandbox, your characters should have motivations to work towards and goals to achieve, instead of bumbling around aimlessly.

As some might've easily noticed, this roleplay is heavily based on the Evillious franchise. However, as it is a pretty niche thing, I decided to forego any need for previous knowledge, instead opting to make this more-or-less standalone. While it utilizes several concepts from the original work, you can feel entirely free to join this endeavor without knowing them, as they'll be explained when needed.

In other news, I'll elaborate more if sufficient interest is shown. In that instance of events, you'll be able to catch me on a dedicated Discord server, where I'll give further information and work out what influence your characters could've had on the virtual world.

All the usual site rules apply, obviously~

This sounds interesting. Could you elaborate more on the scientist's roles and work?

This sounds interesting. Could you elaborate more on the scientist's roles and work?

Sure! The researchers generally come from all over the place, given the open-ended nature of their task. From anthropologists, psychologists, epidemiologists to programmers and engineers, their role would depend on their field of study. Most of their work would be based around the Black Box though, so observations and light experimentation, repairs and the like.

I know nothing about Evillious but since the setting is a virtual world, can I expect a gun-totting steel-plated knight riding a Ferrari to combat a cyborg dragon?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back