• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Eddie was still at the front of the group, opening fire into the trees and racking up a pretty decent slew of kills. the left flank, Kotsu and Camille, had run directly into the swarm, and there were absolutely destroying the Pests. Kotsu was taking care of the brunt of the swarm with his whips, which Eddie realized now were made of his blood, as Camille slowly strolled into the fray alongside him. Eddie and the rest of the front squad took out the remaining Pests with ease. It was just this type of show of force that had convinced Eddie to join Maniacle all those years ago. Edison thought that there was no way this fight could get any crazier than it already was. Naturally, he was wrong.

They'd specifically been told not to touch the Pests, that one little touch, and you were as good as dead. So when a large swarm of pests began to all but cover the unprotected Carmille, Eddie was terrified. He opened fire on her general direction, and managed to take out a few of them, but it only took a few seconds before she was completely swarmed. Just as he was about to chalk up her maneuver as a suicide attack, however, an indescribable voice echoed across the battlefield, an utterly demonic exclamation that shook Eddie to his core and made his fear of the Pests look minuscule in comparison. The pile of pests exploded into gibs, splattering the entire front squad with Pest remains. Eddie thanked himself for remembering to wear his mask. The smell, even through it, was beyond words. But what was standing where they had exploded was even more extraordinary. Camille, or at least what was standing in her place, was a bright red figure, covered in spears. It proclaimed how this was how it killed things in the same earth-shaking voice, and slowly but surely began to change back into the form it had previously taken.

Eddie was half astounded, half terrified. He'd seen some vampires he'd worked with do crazy things, but what he'd just witnessed was on a whole other level. It seemed he'd be getting to see the true power Maniacle had in this continent after all. He wiped some of the Pest gore off his jacket and pulled out his knife, chuckling as he slashed one of the straggler Pests out of the air. "Man," he said, looking over at the two vampires, "you guys are fucked up".

Owl casts true sight ones more with her temporary partner at her side. The girls named Samantha was interesting, her true sight had shown her that the woman was partly cybernetic in her right arm, leg, and spine? Owl notes this as Samantha launches her recon droid. Spinal implants are not done lightly this woman must have been through hell to feel the need to get them. As owl studies her she also deduces the machinery fused to her spine could potentially be hacked.

On an unrelated notes, she was also a lesbian,

Owls sight of course could never know this, but Samantha had a little diary in her right pocket which owl had been busy skimming over. To owls disappointment there was nothing worthy of note in it's contents, only that Samantha was in love with some woman who didn't return her affection. Owl snickers to her self, as amusing as that was she didn't expose those kinds of secrets

But Samantha was the least of her worries, one of the men had sucked blood right out of a packet right in front of everyone. A vampire, Owl knew of their exsistance, but to think the Maniacles would actually hire them and not just one, there were two other females as well.

"Vile." Owl mutters to her self.

"I'm not seeing anything weird," Samantha said, "How about you, Owl?"

"Asides from your diary nothing." Owl thinks to her self then answer the question cryptically. "You need to look not from above, but from beyond."

Owl looks towards the group ahead they had already engaged a small force, they were tearing through them like a wolf among sheep. But owl could see what they could not, a dark swarm bubbling from underground.

"The fools...Denton! Come in Denton your soldiers are walking into a trap the forces they are engaging are decoys. The main horde of pests are burrowing under ground, they're about to burst out on their flank. Get them to fall back to my position NOW!"

Owl spins to Samantha. "we're about to be overwhelmed can you get us to higher ground?"

Denton listened to the commotion. They had made contact. The fighting was on. His team was performing as expected, half as expected anyway.

Two vampires, Kotsu and Camillle had both gone ahead, breaking formation. He didn't let it annoy him. Them dying wouldn't annoy him much either, although it would be a terrible waste. Casualties were to be expected of course. The annoyance came from how they had jeopardized the rest of the squad. Such actions couldn't be allowed. He bit his lower lip. Punishment later, he thought, for now refocus them.

"I want more blood, Captain. Hope that ain't all this city got. But the left flank is protected." Kotsu's voice came through on the headset.

Denton replied to the vampire. "At the moment I'm hoping it'll be your blood that -

Owl's screams came on the headset. "The fools...Denton! Come in Denton your soldiers are walking into a trap the forces they are engaging are decoys. The main horde of pests are burrowing under ground, they're about to burst out on their flank. Get them to fall back to my position NOW!" "

Denton blinked, thoughts and options went through his mind. His heart beat fast for a moment or two, before steadying. The first rule of this job is not letting the panic win, not letting it rattle you. He was glad he hadn't gone.

"Mercenaries please retreat back from your present position. Go to Owl. Now. Owl, keep track of the swarm, keep the team ahead of it. Ms. Adams see if you can scout a place to bottleneck the Pests. An alley would work, but I trust your instincts if you choose a different spot. Do it fast. Team, once the bugs come topside go to Ms. Adam's area. Once they charge, Quentin you're up. Burn the bastards. Gunners you pick off whatever gets through the fire."

CRAWLING INSIDE

Dozens of long legs moved, antennas twitched, yellow maggots the size cellphones crawled from a long orifice in her rear region, falling into the filthy dung filled water below. She stirred, communicating, grasping the situation, seeing through the eyes of the children. Her children. She moved them through the sewers, picking up the sounds from the battle. Every quake, every shake, every shout. Each child dead hurt her. Protect the babies, she thought, protect the babies with more babies then make more babies. Consumption.

The Pests heard the command, they shifted, breaking apart in the sewers, going in different directios. One group smashed through a manhole cover between Kotsu and Camille. A dozen or so poured out, four going at Kotsu, another four Camile before they could retreat back into the rest of the group's ranks. The remaining four went at the group as they were beginning to fallback. Another swarm centered itself below Owl and Samantha.

Last edited:
Q watched as all the pest began to swarm. His hands tightened around his bow staff but loosened his grip when the others took action. There was no way he was going to push up there as a melee fighter when others were firing upon the bugs. "Ill get shot if I move up" he stayed back and instead took a close eye at which he could find open spots to help out.

He quickly became bored "Fuck it, if I get shot, I get shot" with that he ran towards the swarm of bugs. Jumping from bug to bug stabbing them with the stick, it was like his clumsiness completely vanished. He could hear bullets whisper past him as they flew by. Effortlessly he took out quite a few pests.

A voice could be heard in his ear. "Retreat back" Q looked over and ran back. Jumping over pests and even used peoples shoulders as platforms including Edisons. Q could see the swarm closing in. "Oh man I really don't want to use my magic but I might have to."

Kotsu had finally snapped. Seeing this grave situation unfold in front of him, he knew what he had to do. He pulled out a blood pack from his belt and slammed it into his face, biting down hard and swallowing all of the blood he could in that moment while punching into the Pest that was closest to him. He screamed a blood curdling rage filled cry toward the sky, a wicked smile crossed his face as he picked up the Pest with his fist and used his whip as a skewer to impale the other Pests headed toward his allies, save for the ones that were headed toward Carmille, knowing she could take care of herself while using the now dying Pest as a battering ram.
Kotsu had a destination in mind even while seeing red, he knew what he had to do. He attempted to tackle the remaining Pests he couldn't fit on his blood whip skewer using the rest of the bodies to push them into the wall of a supermarket. The ones that he did manage to impale and drag with the rest of the Pests he could carry, was forced into the walls to break them through. Using his speed to the best of his ability, Kotsu tried to keep them on the conga line of Pests that he had while he proceeded to push further until he reached the hair care products aisle.
They tried to hurt them. My comrades. They must suffer. BURN!
Kotsu kicked the pests off of his whip, the stone from the wall, would slam whichever Pests he had managed to grab into the opposing wall, crumbled underneath the rubble. Kotsu grabbed 3 cans of hair spray and sliced holes in the tops of them with the tips of his nails. He whipped them near the ravenous Pests that started to consume their dead sibling. Taking out a match from his combat knife, Kotsu lit the match, and threw it with pin point accuracy at the hair spray canisters to light them ablaze. Kotsu grabbed 7 canisters of hairspray and shoved them into his belt.
Flamethrowers. Burn them all.
Kotsu made a mad sprint toward his companions, eager to cause more bloodshed and destruction.

"Retreat back!" John heard over his earpiece, as he desperately fired upon the swarms of Pests that were now nearing his feet. The swarm of Pests was so thick it looked like he was about to be swallowed whole by it. He ran to retreat as he changed his clip. 'How hard can it be?' He thought to himself earlier.

As ordered, he ran to Owl, stomping a huge maggot on his way and feeling its soft body smush beneath his boot. It wasn't a feeling a person could forget easily.

As he got into position beside Owl, he began firing his dwindling rifle rounds at the swarm nearing her. "Get over here!" He called out to any nearby mercenaries. Soon he would need to draw his sidearm, and he brought no grenades and no combat knife.

Then it happened. Pests jumped John. About six of them, and a swarm began moving in. He shot with his rifle, killing two, then heard the dreaded *click* as he started being dragged beneath a sheet of Pests.

Then the Pests, both those covering John and many of the approaching swarm, glowed red briefly, began twitching and convulsing...then collapsed.

Morgan stood nearby. It was her blood magic. She had mangled their organs from the inside.

'Always somebody's ass to save' She thought.

"Stay with the group." She barked.

Last edited:
Kotsu, upon hearing the call for help dug his whips into a building to sling shot his way over to Owl and John, using my whips to slice apart the Pests threatening to swarm Owl and John,
"GET DOWN!" Kotsu yelled as he pulled out a can of hair spray and lights a match while spraying it on the Pests.

Brick couldn't help but speculate what else in the world could have brought this ridiculous group of overly obnoxious fighters together. Were they heroes, monsters, a collection of misfits? He didn't really know. The bugs, they were easy to get. Breed and feed, simple enough. They also die simple enough. As the others were running around, exploding and yelling battle cries, and hopping around on the swarm, Brick took an entirely different approach. He followed orders.

His base of fire on some deadfall had really worked out pretty well. The light machine gun was cutting through the swarm heartily. It was easy work, easy enough he could sip whiskey out of his flask with one hand, and fire with the other. Just point towards a swarm and fire. All the comms screaming was annoying, and the bug explosion was irritating. Now he had to clean all this shit out of his armor. Thanks vampire girl. Better to shove her in a small box and make her sit there, folded up and still alive until some poor bastard found her. Maybe he would do that eventually.

When the fall back came in, he packed up and backed up. Firing methodically into the fray. It was honestly more of chore not hitting the crazies running in circles down there. Brick began to wonder why he was trying to miss. He sipped some more whiskey.

The swarm doubled, which was moderately concerning, but usually efforts of an enemy compounded when you hit the right spot. Kind of an expectation. Just fall back and pick off bits, it will fall eventually. He tried to keep his calm. It had got him through so many pains and struggles. This was just another. At least this time he was getting paid.

At the owl, Brick put a few rounds through the base of a tree and pushed it over. He used the fresh deadfall as a new stand for the LMG and provided an incoming base of fire. Once again, simple, just pull the trigger and point at the mass. Bugs were easy. People, not so much.

He put down some heavy covering fire for the others to get out. This Kotsu character seemed to have hairspray canisters for whatever reason. Silly things on the battlefield. Hopefully the fool would throw one into his fire. More explosions sounded a bit more fun right now. Maybe it would take the others out, maybe not.

Vivanna was already on the battlefield when the order to retreat came through her earpiece, letting out an annoyed sigh. She could see the swarm ahead of her closing in on the group as they retreated and as much as she would love to run in and just fight them she was given an order and she was going to follow it. Pulling her hand gun out of it's holster she aimed at a few of the pest approaching her, backing up she let a few shots fly through the air. She quickly backed up with her fellow soldiers, shooting what ever pest was in her way.

"Ms. Adams see if you can scout a place to bottleneck the Pests. An alley would work, but I trust your instincts if you choose a different spot," Denton had said. Her sword changed shape into a helmet she put on.

"Try not to get killed!", she hollered. Her drones flew ahead of her, popping off shots now and again as a bug tried to be cute and jump at her. God, she wished they were fighting machines, or even a regular army.

It took her a while to find an alleyway between a church and a bar. Ironic that a place of salvation and damnation were within ten feet of each other.

"There's an alleyway to the north of us, between Railey's Grill and First Catholic," she said over the comms.

Amtasa would hear the words to retreat which she'd happily obliged going 2d away from the other 2d beings she would scurry away dodging attacks as she would quickly rush towards the back line. She would pop out back to 3d after a little while to catch up with the others. "Shit... this is not good there is a lot more and a lot more organised than I expected but it doesn't matter we'll kill these bug bastards." She says shooting some of the closer ones with her pistol. "Where the hell will we go?"

Preposterous
Carmille threw the bloodpack to the ground
She was about to reply to the insolence of the filthy undead when a small tremor underneath the ground made her legs vibrate for a second.
Decided to ignore it and continued with the offensive, quickly erradicating small pests with ease. There was warning, but her earpiece was thrown away when she made her body burst.
Suddenly another tremor, and more and more, each one strongest, Carmille jumped and a couple of crimson coloured wings erupted from her back allowing her to stay in the air, avoiding the strong vibration under her.
What's that?... wondered, yet she didn't had enough time to theorize as the ground broke and as a volcano erupted propelling and endless array of pets into the ground and air.
"Curses!" exclaimed as the swarm was about to catch up to her, she focused her blood into wings, not having enough time to shift her body.
Carmille extended her arm and created a barrier of pure blood with enough viscosity to stop the bugs as she departed flying to the main group
She felt however insulted.... The woman had to use the blood contained within the bloodpack to create the shield, otherwise the creatures would had drag her undeground, which wouldn't be a problem for her but she didn't want to exhaust her body anymore

That filthy creature thought as her wings flapped in the air

Aria

Smack! Smack! Smack!

One down, two more appeared. Two down, three more appeared. With a baton in each of her hand, Aria was able to destroy them with ease. She did it like she's told to in the training, destroy not only their head but also their thorax, the part that anchored their legs, wings and connected their head and abdomen. Even if they somehow survive her attack while being headless, like a persistent bug they're, they would be no more than an immobile pile of chitin and guts. The problem with these pests was not because they were strong, but because they were numerous and suicidal.

Aria took advantage of the surrounding buildings to jump from rooftop to another rooftop. She swung down and squash any bug that came too close to the gunners. Some of the pests tried to tackle her from midair, but Aria's senses were stronger at night and she was able to smash them with her batons before they got a chance to touch her.

She wanted to ask what's the next step over the comm device but when she checked her ears, it was already gone. Maybe a pest grabbed it, maybe she dropped it somewhere when she was jumping around. One thing for sure, her coach would surely scold her for this.

She jumped back onto the rooftop to scan the battlefield. She saw Amatsa popped in and out from that 2D world of her. Aria didn't really understand how that works but she had an idea that might or might not work. She jumped down next to Amatsa and helped her clean some pests.

"Amatsa, I lost my comm and I don't know how your power works. But how about putting all personnel except me in that 2D world of yours? Then you all can hide behind something. If I'm the only one left then I will be able to focus on luring them away from here. While they focus on me, we then flank them from behind. How is this sounds?"

Spacekitsune Spacekitsune

Maneuvering the flames by spraying carefully and interchangeably from throwing knives of blood and spraying the fire from the hair spray to get rid of the pests near Owl and John, Kotsu was caught between the smell of burning hair spray which was terrible; and the smell of the burning Pests which brought a smile to his lips. Another scent broke through for Kotsu as he smelled the blood from the blood pack upon when Carmille used it as a barrier, forcing his attention to her. A genuine faint smile crossed his lips.
I will protect you all.
"
ALL OF YOU, GET TO HIGHER GROUND, I'LL DIRECT THEM TO AN ALLEY LIKE DENTON SAID!" Upon saying that, he ran out of one bottle of hair spray and moved onto the next while taking care of the pests and making sure to get their attention with the flames. "MOVE IT!" Kotsu said, running into swarms of the pests, spraying them with fire with his makeshift ghetto flamethrower.

Amatsa would frown quietly shaking her head. "We've got our orders Aria we have to keep moving and retreating following Denton and that. There is to many to lure and fight alone. I would make them 2d but if the bugs rupture the ground we're fucked." She says to her still moving back to catch up with Denton and the others. "just keep moving and don't get infected." She says to her running.

Brick was fairly confused on what the vampires were doing. Just fall back already, he thought, quit doing your own thing, you'll kill us all. He was going to give them one chance to follow plans and orders, Brick decided. Aria looked the easiest, so first she would be.

The LMG fire tore up hundreds of bugs surrounding her trapped position. The flat character also appeared finally, trying to slither away to the retreated position. Brick tore a hole through the mass of insects, lining the ground with burnt bits and pieces. There was an opening, but it wouldn't last long.

"Follow the fire. Get out"

Spoiled Bread Spoiled Bread

Last edited:
Aria

"Ah, I see. So there's a retreat order." Aria nodded at it. If its retreat then it would be easy, but having no communication device over all these gunfire and bug screeching was sure inconvenient. She should ask for some spare device later.

Then the ground went a blaze a path of firr opened up way for Aria and Amatsa to pass. It looks like those red carpet in the movies.

"Follow the fire. Get out."

"Allright." Aria ran through the path alongside Amatsa. Knocking over some blazing pests that somehow still alive and kicking. She threw her gloves to avoid having a melted rubber sticking to her hands.

"I lost my comm device. Where should we retreat, sir?" Aria hadn't memorize all the names and their rank, but as one of the newest member she would assume most people would be her senior.

Spacekitsune Spacekitsune EFMingo EFMingo

Brick hadn't thought of himself as anything but a loner for a very long time. Having someone ask him what to do was foreign now, but his military training was kicking back in. He could see the battlefield, its lines and routes. Not much had changed in that respect. There were still a few crazies to get out, and a hill to hold. That's orders so far, and he was already doing more thinking than he was paid to do.

"I've got the base of fire. Hold the hill perimeter line while I clear another path." He hoped another long range shooter would follow suit. This horde was growing and ground was starting to literally fall. Next it line was the fool with flaming hairspray cans.

His swarm was getting far out of hand. Brick changed out power packs for the LMG and resume fire in his direction. As he cut down the swarm, it refilled ranks quickly. It was a little maddening how many were here. The path thin but didn't clear completely. The guys was going to need to fight part of the way out. This was all Brick could give him as an opportunity. He gritted his teeth in frustration.

"You're turn. Move it."

KotaKotsu KotaKotsu

Everyone had fallen back to owls position she stands trying to address them.

"Okay guys listen up-"

She is cut off by gun fire.

"No, people the pests are-"

Kota cuts her off with a flame thrower of all things yelling some nonsense about protecting everyone.

"People-" Owl tries to address again but is cut off once more.

"I lost my comm device. Where should we retreat, sir?" Arie asks Denton, the guy who couldn't see the danger.

"No Arie Denton doesn't have visual on the enemy I'm the one-" Owl tries to explain but stops mid sentence as Camille flies over to them with wings?. "They have wings now. okay."

Owl shakes her head and refocuses. Everyone was barking out ideas randomly firing, just generally fighting in a disorganization mess all the while ignoring her the only person who could see the enemy.

"Is it because I'm black or is is because I'm short?" She wonders half jokingly to her self a moment, then takes a deep breath and yells.

"Every body shut up for five seconds!" Owl shouts. "The pests are beneath us, they are burrowing to our flank, ally ways won't work! You need to listen to me I can see them, We need to get to high ground preferably in a tall building and we have one minute before a hoard of stingers erupt from Under Bricks ass."

EFMingo EFMingo
Deadwood Deer Deadwood Deer
KotaKotsu KotaKotsu

Aria
Base of fire? Hill perimeter? Aria just nodded at Brick's explanation, even though she didn't understand it at all. She know nothing about military jargon. Still, she knew what it might mean. Beat the enemies until they clear out of their way, right?

"Every body shut up for five seconds!" Another personnel shouted to draw everyone's attention. She explained about the situation and while Aria understood what it means. She's feeling confused about who should she prioritize to listen to.

"So we need a high ground? How about that building over there?" aria pointed at a six stories building. It was a college building. Emptied and abandoned, it was shrouded in darkness. It seemed the moonlight didn't reach too deep into the building. But wait, one minute wouldn't be enough for them to run there. Their only choice might be the nearest building, which was a fire station. It's not as big or as tall as the college building, but its very close.

Sam groaned in frustration. Find a choke point, they said, hurry up, they said. She plugged her drones back in and looked around. "There's a big ass truck across the street, if I can get it running you guys can shoot and we'll still be able to avoid infection as long as there's gas in the tank."

Switching her tool from helmet to a window shim, she popped the lock on the truck. "This might take a minute, this is an old model."

"The Owl bitch is going against what you said. So are the vampires," Morgan said to Denton, via earpiece.

Denton let out a long whistle. "Interesting. Some stupidity from the vampires were to be expected. One highly volatile, another is stuck up, and the third...well she's not much of a thinker. I didn't peg Owl to the one that rallied the troops. I've been reading the files again while you've all been gone - "

He heard gunshots, screams, some bickering. Oh my,

"So Owl is taking a leadership role?" Denton asked. "Fascinating.

"Kind of yeah."

"We'll see if we can't all work together then." Denton patched through to Owl. "Hello you Nubian goddess, you. I've heard you were interrupting plans with your own. Do you have an explanation?"

Denton hears what sounds like an earthquake rummbleing through the intercom, and the muffled sounds of screeching.

"To the fire station, get on top of the roof!" Owl orders then dashes towards their destination only then does she answer Dentons question. "We are about to be overwhelmed in about thirty seconds, the pests are burrowing below us and once they surface we'll be surrounded and slaughtered. But if we make it to higher ground like say in a building we'll negate their burrowing ability and force them to surface. I'll accept any punishment you give me after I ensure my survival."

"No punishment. Lets use it with mine. Is the building at least two stories

"Yes and with any luck they'll have emergency ammunition left lying around, twenty seconds left."

Denton thought carefully, steepling his fingers. "Right. Okay. Get everyone inside. Morgan will help you. Once in I want you go into the stairwell. It'll be a tight space for a fight, but it'll be tight for them to. The gunners on the team should be more than capable of picking them off there. Three on the stairs, shooting at whatever comes up. The rest of on the roof. I'll have you check our surroundings from there."

"To the stairwell, gunners in front on the stairs the rest of us are on the roof. These are Dentons orders."

Owl addresses Denton. "ten seconds left everything is set, if I survive this Denton I need to talk to you."

The team obeyed, slowly, but surely. Owl waving everyone through the building's door. Morgan was covering them as they did. Picking off the various Pests coming through the manholes, smashing up through grates. They kept coming, swarming out, their sounds were snapping odd, and unpleasant to the ears. “Dad-a-chum? Dum-a-chum? Ded-a-chek? Did-a-chick?” She shot two down her pistol then quickly switched to using her magecraft.

Blood magic. She tapped into it Connecting. Grabbing onto the blood of four nearest bugs to her. They exploded. Fear was grasping at her heart. She hadn't expected this. The chaos. Rely on instincts, she thought, you've been through worse.

John stepped in beside her, shooting down a few more before entering the building.

A quarter of the Pests came broke off from the main swarm. Chasing going towards Samantha.

Everyone else went through the door. Morgan second last, then Owl. The door slammed shut. Pest swarm slammed against it. It buckled slightly.

Morgan put her back against it, her breaths coming heavily. "Fuck me." She looked at Owl. "Good thinking. Everyone up the roof, double time." She pointed at Brick, John, and Vivian. You three hold the stairwell."

Morgan broke into a run along with everyone else, no longer pushing against the door. It flung open. Windows started breaking. They wanted in. They were in.

The three mercenaries, Brick, John, and Viv, stopped halfway up the stairwell. Pests were coming up. Crawling on the walls, crawling on the stairs, crawling on the ceiling. They attacked.

The rest of the team busted through the door that led to the roof.

Morgan patched through to Denton. "Problem. Samantha broke away from the group. Separated in the fray. Ya know? Because of you dumb shit orders. She's at a truck." Morgan squinted. "It looks like she's trying to start it.

"No, I still got my chokepont, right?" Denton said.

"Yeah, Vivian, John, and Brick are fighting on the stairwell. Keeping them back." Morgan said. She flinched slightly at the sound of so many gunshots going off just behind the door to her right. "What about Samantha.

"You're on the roof?" Denton asked.

"Yeah?"

He patched through to everyone. "You all cover Ms. Adams from there. You'll note her in the truck across the way. Edison, Amatsa. You have the rifle experience. Use it. Any other long ranged fighters...cover Ms. Adams Get the Pests away from her."

Several dozen Pests started to surrounding the truck. Their strange noises going in unison. Dad-a-chum? Dum-a-chum? Ded-a-chek? Did-a-chick? Several of them cracked the back window with their combined weight. Even more were crawling across the windshield.

Denton patched through to Ms. Adams. "Apologies. Chaos has a way of making plans change rather suddenly. The others have taken point on a nearby roof. They'll be covering you. I was told you were in a truck. How long until you can get it started?"

Last edited:
As if in response to Denton, the engine rumbled to life. "Hell yeah!", Sam cheered. Hell yeah turned into "Oh shit" as she realized the mass of bugs squirming against the old Ford.

Returning her tool to helmet shape, "Alright, they shouldn't be able to penetrate my suit, but I'll be driving blind," she said to Denton. "I can't get a drone out, so if I crash, tell Owl if she read my journal my ghost will eat her soul." With that, she hit the gas, plowing through the mass of bugs.

"I done lost my limbs, you ain't taking my face you lovecraftian shits!"

The group rejoined at the rooftop. Carmille, who delayed, safely traveling in the air looked at the mess beneath her.
Ground was no longer recognizable, it was literally a river of bugs, easily to squash but deadly in quantities.

One of the humans attempted a suicide drive against the enemy
Heh! I like that one thought to herself.

She was about to reach the rooftop when she curled her body

I don't need the wings anymore thought

And then expanded the wings which desintegrated into an enormous pool of blood that expanded through the air. An enormous rain of blood fell to the ground, althought not so strong, the viscosity was enough to stick to the bugs body, rendering them temporally unnable to move.

Her body, now without wings, fell right into the rooftop with a soft perfect landing, almost a coreography.

"Have fun with that" Stated to the rest of the team

I may had wasted roughly 15 lts with that

Last edited:
Making his way to the roof reluctantly, Kotsu stood there, pacing impatiently as he was whipping rows upon rows of throwing knives at the pests swarming the truck Samantha was in. "I'm one of the fastest here. When they explode out of the ground, I'm going in there to save her, and I mean it, Captain." Kotsu said in his ear piece. "If you all wanna give me cover, go for it. But don't bother if they start becoming a problem. I can sling shot us back onto the roof. I already told you all and the Captain. I refuse to let you all die. Even if it costs me my life."
I'm lying to myself and to them, aren't I? I wish for death and constantly seek it. Yet, even with my oath, I genuinely can't stand to see any of them die.
Kotsu was grinding his teeth loudly, similar to when a large boat sways.
creek, click, creek, click, creek, click.
"And if they need help in the stairwell when I return, I'll be more than willing to help them too. After all, close quarters is where I excel. And one of you make IEDs out of these to help them in the stairs. They're probably running low on ammo and it's a condensed enough explosion where it won't affect the area much if they use them sparingly." Kotsu placed down the 5 bottles of hairspray he had left. Half a canister remained in his hand. Kotsu ripped open the canister and summoned his whips, pouring the liquid on his whips, he lit a match on the blood whips to make them glow bright with a blazing fire.
"I'm ready."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back