• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Among Us

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here

Darklord95

#thuglife
Supporter
The crew of the Skeld space carrier have orders to deliver cargo. They know not what the cargo is, all they know is that it’s contained in one of the boxes in storage. However, little do they know that the cargo they were carrying got out, and among them, are two imposters, former crewmates now infected by a parasite. The crew has daily tasks they must perform to keep the ship running all the day to their destination. Right now they were all eating in the cafeteria before starting their tasks.

Buddy, known as Blue by the others, was sitting alone, eating by himself. He liked the others, he was just shy, and didn’t feel like talking to everyone.

Curt was sitting at one of the many tables in the cafeteria. He wasn’t eating much, but he seemed a bit more focused on his tablet, from which, he was reading his tasks. He held his food in his cheek as he read, as he wasn’t the best at multitasking. At least, he wasn’t reading aloud.

Tammy was occupying herself at one of the emptier tables, mainly because she took up an unnecessary amount of space. She was sitting on the surface of the table and had her feet perched up on the bench, idly tapping her foot as she scrolled through her tablet while sipping from her bottle. When she finished she soon looked up and glanced at her fellow Crewmates who happened to be within earshot of her. "So what task do you all have? I feel like I have more than usual today." She whined with a sigh accompanied by a nonchalant shrug as she placed her bottle on the table beside her.

Blue had to chart their course, clear the leaves from the air filter, and dump trash, not many jobs, but they were the sucky jobs. He didn’t say them out loud though.

Curt looked over to where Tammy was, then back at his tablet. He hastily swallowed what food he had in his mouth then spoke. His tone was hushed, quiet, as if he were afraid that if he spoke any louder, the roof would collapse.
”I have to... check some wiring,”
He looked intently at his screen, scrolling down as he continued,
“Inspect samples.. you know the whole deal, everything.. everywhere.”

Last edited:
Louis was being lazy, laying across one of the tables. They had their tablet held above them, reading through their tasks. "Aw man! I have to fuel the stupid engines!" They whined and dropped their tablet by accident, smacking themself in the face. "Does anyone wanna trade tasks? Please?"

Kiki checked her tablet, and sighed as she ate her slice of pizza. "Great.... navigational tasks..." she then slammed her palm on the table "I have to do the simon says!?!?!?! WHY DO WE EVEN HAVE THAT!?!?!" She said that with a defeated sigh. She then laid her head on the table, groaning. "Why did we make so many complicated ways of doing things..." She then looked at her tasks again. "At least I have medbay scan.... That always tickles..." She said with a slight smile.

Tammy listened around as her mates all, or at least most, shared what they would be doing around the ship. She felt some were fortunate enough to have the quick but tedious task but in the end, she knew that everything was just a pain. No matter what the task was. She gave a pained nod back to Curt. "I see I see. I have the shooting the asteroids thing. Which is fun at first but then just turns into a whole lot of missing. In my case that is. But other than that- just uploading a bunch of data to various places and a bit of wiring myself." She gave a chuckle at Kiki and Louis yelling about their task before flopping back onto the table herself.

Curt looked back down to his tablet, sitting silent for a bit before speaking up,
“Um, not to sound paranoid or annoying at all, but would anyone like to work together?”
He asked as he looked up, smiling lightly, but his face was somewhat concerned.
”You could do your tasks first, then I can do mine, as I know waiting around for someone else like me who fumbles a lot could be.. well, annoying.”
He pauses.
”And uh. I’d hate to be alone if the lights were to go out or something. Not to sound childish, but I’m a bit afraid of the dark..”
He mumbled, obviously a bit embarrassed exposing himself like that. But really, in a large ship, it gets lonely if you’re.. well.. alone.

Charlotte looked over to Curt with an overly excited face, It was a mix of relief and joy. To Charlotte, Electrical is a really scary place, so dark and so gloomy. It was only by luck that someone had to do something in electrical as well. With an exultant tone, Charlotte said:
"Curt! We both have tasks in electrical, how about we go there together? All I have to do is Divert Power and Calibrate the distributor! (And plus, it's kinda eerie in there...)"
Charlotte was too focused on trying to not go to electrical alone, to even notice Louis and Kiki yelling. Her tea was still warm and hasn't been touched at all during the eating time.

Curt seemed relieved that someone took his offer, letting out a sigh and he smiled softly, as he does.
”Yeah, that sounds great. Good to know I won’t be wandering around by myself. Thank you, Charlotte.”
He set down his tablet and fiddled a bit with his hands before picking up his fork.
”We can get to it once we’re done eating, does that sound fair?”
He said as he split a part from his slice of cheese pizza using his fork, then taking a bite.

Angela was practically jumping in her seat. As her food was left untouched, she kept scrolling through her tablet. Why eat when there were so many things to do? At the mention of companionship she jumped up.
“Can I come too? I don’t wanna be alone..”

”Of course you can, anybody’s welcome,”
Curt replied to Angela, tilting his head slightly.
”I understand, being alone sucks. Especially in such a quiet place like the ship.”

"Oh oh!! Why don't we all go together? Let's swipe our cards first and then we all go from there!"
Charlotte said almost impulsively. To her, it sounded like a great plan, but it could cause so many problems in the long run. As Charlotte took a big sip from her tea, wiping the cream off her face.
"We won't have any sort of problems if we all stick together in either a group of three or just everyone in one big group! well... I think so at least!"

”Well, I could see where you’re coming from, but I think big groups could be an issue. What if we all needed to exit a room, quickly? We’d all be trampling each other, and it’d be harder to leave. Plus, everyone who doesn’t have a task in one area would have to sit around and wait for everyone there to finish,”
Curt began,
“I have no opposition, but I’m sure others would care for the safety concerns of themselves and others. If oxygen were to start letting out, it could cause traffic, we could...”
Curt paused, looking scared, almost.
”We would suffocate.. Oh, God, we would suffocate if we couldn’t get there..”
The boy brushed his hand through his hair, his tone getting a bit more frantic.
”What do we do if O2 goes out, or the lights? What of the reactor??”
Panic has set in for Curt.

Tammy listened with closed eyes as a few of the crewmates began teaming up with each other. At the mention of everyone going in one big pack made her nose crinkle a bit. "Would we be able to work efficiently like that? It would take forever for everyone to get their task done if we stayed together. You know how you have to fix the wiring in the left part of the ship then you suddenly have to go all the way across the ship to do some more wiring that broke when you were just there?" Tammy sighed at the sheer amount of times that happened to her. When her yellow-suited mate started panicking she chuckled. "That's true. Then how about two main groups? One for each side of the ship? At least then there's always gonna be someone around the area you have to head to."

Blue, usually not one to speak up, felt he needed to be the voice of reason here. “We can’t actually do that.” He says in a quiet voice “if we all stuck together all day we’d never get our tasks done in time.” Not that he wouldn’t welcome someone coming with him, this place scared him.

Kiki stood up a bit after hearing this. "Yea, and an even bigger question..." She said as she looked around at everyone leering her eyes. "Why is it that most of our tasks that we just did the day before, we have to keep redoing them?" She asked. "I mean, did I not just do the wires in the storage bay yesterday? and the day before that Curt had to do them as well..." Kiki then looked down. "I know I do my wiring and electric work on par with the requirements for the job, sometimes better..... so why is it that it breaks in less than twenty four hours..." Kiki asks, stroking her chin.

Angela’s eyebrows furrow. “Is... someone messing with them?..” She perks up, now suspicious. “If someone messed with the stuff we did can you not? It’s not a funny prank..” She slouches a bit, now a little nervous.

" Oh! Oh!! Sorry! I didn't really think of that... Uh... Sorry!! And uh.. The distributor has to be calibrated almost every day... And it takes so long every time I try, yesterday it took me at least 2 hours and a half... I think. There's definitely a reasonable reason for it though! I just know it!! " Charlotte said almost as if she knew that there was something going on, yet, she knew absolutely nothing. HQ should send an explanation sooner or later right? Charlotte took another sip of her tea before speaking again:
"Oh! And Curt are you alright?"

Tammy nodded along with Blue's words. "I agree with the fact that the boss is kind of cheap. Though maybe it's a ghost!" She exclaimed loudly before laughing. "Or something like that." She kept a grin on her face as she tried to think of more reason as to why they always have to do the same task over and over again.

Curt lets out a light gasp, his jaw dropping.
Blue-!”
He whisper-yelled
”Don’t say things like thaat-! Maybe someone’s just.. being kind of rude?”
He looks over to Angela, nodding I’m agreement.
”I agree. It could potentially be hazardous.”
oh god i try to type
“Oh, I will be. I just worry for everyone’s well-being..”
He mumbled lightly, looking a bit upset in response to Charlotte

"Don't be such a chicken, there's nobody messing with this hunk of junk you call a ship." Tasha blew a bubble, but its unsure where the gum itself came from. She would stand before stretching, popping a joint as she works out the kinks.

"I can't believe I'm on trash duty again. This is the third time this week."

”We.. have that much trash? Should we try to limit how much things we use..?
He asked under his breath, but loud enough to hear. He tried not to speak loud for sure, now. Tasha sort of intimidated him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back