Among the Stars - Ugrades

InsanEleven

King Allyn the Autistic

"Statistics"

Cause There Is Never Enough

Solar Credits: ¢18.650 (+ ¢15.100 after the current mission; - ¢1350 for stock)

Food stock: 100% (full for new mission)

Medicine stock: 10 missions left (full because Deimos bought medicine)

> payout for missions will increase by ¢100 per 10 reputation points

Mutations: here the last 5 alterations to the respective statistics will be listed

Credits

I. Food stock (- ¢50 PP) - ¢350 & Medicine stock 1000 (TOTAL =1350)

II. Faculty mission payout + ¢10.000

III. Remains of original funds + 10.000

IV.

V.

Food:

I. Full stock for mission

II.Dinner and Amanda eating apples -10%

III.Remains of original stock +75%

IV.

V.

Medicine:

I. Full stock for mission & slightly better quality

II.Deimos stealing meds + 2 rounds

III.Remains of original stock + 4 rounds

IV.

V

I. + 10 points for completing the facility mission

II.

III.

IV.

V.

Below I've listed the skill levels of every member, ranging from 1 to 5 now, but going up once the gaps have equalled some. Some skills are bound to a character, and there are some that will be unlocked for everyone through training, or even ones that are obtained through actions on a mission. Naturally some members are stronger and weaker in certain fields, but with skill training it will even out over time. Not everything is always listed either, so these are just rough indications of what a character is best/worst in (from what I can see).

Adira:

Combat

Explosives skill: 5

Gun skill: 4

Self defence: 4

Piloting skill: 4

Medical

First aid: 3

Durability: 3

Drug resistance: 1

Mechanical

Repair skill: 3

IT skills: 2

Communication

Situational awareness: 3

Authority: 2

Tact: 3

Intelligence: not found

Deimos:

Combat

Gun skill: 1

Self defence: 1

Medical

First aid: 5

Surgery: 4 (no field surgery)

Medicine: 4

Durability: 3

Mechanical

/

Communication

Intelligence: 5

Persuasion: 3

Tact: 1

Jericho:

Combat

Gun skill: 2

Self defence: 3

Medical

First aid: 4

Durability: 4

Mechanical

Repair: 5

Prosthetic repair: 3

Communication

Awkwardness: 5

Intelligence: 4

Situational awareness: 2

Lydia:

Combat

Self defence: 2

Medical

First aid: 4

Durability: 2

Surgery: 2

Mechanical

Repair: 1

Prosthetic repair: 3

Communication

Situational awareness: 1

Nurya:

Combat

Gun skill: 3

Stealth: 5

Medical

Athleticism: 4

Durability: 2

Mechanical

/

Communication

Intelligence: 3

Para:

Combat

Medical

First aid: 3

Durability: 4

Mechanical

Repair: 2

Communication

Intelligence: 4

Discipline: 4

Saami:

Combat

Gun skill: 5

Sniping: 5

Self defence: 5

Piloting skill: 5

Medical

First aid: 2

Durability: 0

Extra: resistant to diseases, fast healing

Mechanical

Repair: 2

IT skills: 3

Communication

Situational awareness: 2

Tact: -1

Yalyax:

Combat

/

Medical

Durability: -1

Mechanical

Repair: 5

IT skills: 5

Prosthetic repair: 5

Extra: advanced technology

Communication

Last edited by a moderator:

"Fixes"

For an Easy Life

2a287a6bdb9882862ca335023fe1d6a4.jpg

Technological

I. New engine (¢25.000)

Includes a stable new engine, though it is the same model as before. The output and speed will not be increased much, but there is far less chance of failure and the controls will have gotten a lot easier.

II. Impact shields (¢25.000)

Adds a force shield to the ship that reflects blasts, asteroids and heat. These are not invincible, but will regenerate over time. This allows for far safer flying and a bit more peace of mind knowing there is less chance of being woken in the middle of the night to an asteroid in your room.

III. Overall improvements (¢15.000)

These are general technological fixes to all secondary systems. Think of new cables, pipes and small parts, but also panels, orbital systems and the air filters. This upgrade will drastically reduce the time spent on fixing small little things.

IV. Protective coating (¢10.000)

Protects all engine parts against rust and filth and offers a new outer paint job that reflects solar radiation. Makes the journey a bit more pleasant to the eyes in the long run.

Medical

I. Machine fix (¢15.000)

The machines will actually correctly show the patient's vitals the first time. No more need to run it thrice and take the median! This comes with a free new bed and basic medical equipment, including scalpels and needles.

II. Legal permit request 1 (¢5.000)

Allows for the ship to carry heavier grade medicines, such as painkillers, strong anti-radiation medicines and regeneration improvers. This upgrade is permanent and carries over to the next ship.

III. Better quality meds (¢1.500 per stock)

One full stock of good quality medicines, which last for about 10 missions. If this upgrade isn't selected the off-brand medicines need to be stocked. These will be ¢500, keep in mind that these only last for 7 missions and carry some heavier side-effects.

Comfort

I. Refrigerator fix (¢10.000)

A new cooled storage will allow more fresh food to be stored for longer. Increases the shelf-life of fresh ingredients to 2 weeks instead of 5 days. This will increase the health and mindset of the crew too, so it can be very useful in the long run.

II. New facilities (¢10.000)

A new washing machine and dryer, making it so the laundry is done quicker, and a reworked bathroom/water system. There will now be enough warm water for everyone to shower in the morning and still do a run of laundry in the afternoon. No more choosing between clean hair or clean clothes.

III. New bedding (¢5.000)

Though the original frame won't change, this upgrade will include better quality spanning material over the frame and a thick, comfortable mattress. Pillows and bedding are replaced too, and everyone gets to choose personalised sheets. A good night's rest will reduce crankiness and stiffness.

IV. Good food (¢50 per person)

If the refrigerator is bought, this will be ¢100 PP (as there fits twice as much). Good food includes fresh ingredients with more nutrients and some little luxuries and extras, such as chocolate and coffee.

"Skills"

Let's Start Learning

AnQ5gFg.jpg

Sessions take place once per return: a 2 sessions skill is unlocked after 2 missions

Combat

I. Gun training I (3 sessions / ¢5000)

Now everyone knows where to point the end of the barrel. Doesn't mean they'll hit the target, but at least they won't hit you.

This upgrade is required before we can buy better weapons.

II. Self defence I (2 sessions / ¢3000)

Karate bitch! Self defence teaches you how to punch and block without breaking your fingers. On top of that it makes you healthier and stronger!

Medical

I. First aid training I (3 sessions / ¢5000)

This skill comes with a small first aid kit that everyone will then know how to use. Light wounds can be treated faster so they won't get in the way, and moderate wounds can be somewhat patched up by every member to make them less hindering.

II. Field Surgery training 1 (4 sessions/ ¢10.000)

Currently only applies to Deimos and Lydia. Allows them to pull shrapnel out of people on the spot, meaning that there is more time to salvage what's left from someone after a mortal wound. Moderate wounds can be controlled to an extend, but still require attention later.

Mechanical

I. Mechanic training (2 sessions/ ¢3000)

No more trying to fix things by banging a wrench on it. Now you know how the ship works to an extend, and if it comes to it you can loosen and tighten some bolts pretending you're doing something useful.

II. Salvaging skills (2 sessions/ ¢5000)

That old engine? Don't bulldozer it out yet, recycling is important too. Items that were bought but no now longer have any use can be sold for scrap or to be used again (15-25% of the buying price). The economical learning skills also adds the bonus to the selling price of this item .

Communication

I. Political learning (1 session/ ¢1000)

Now we know what's going on in the world, and we can talk about stuff without sounding utterly stupid. Increases reputation gain with every mission slightly, through throwing a 10-30 dice.

II. Economical learning I (2 sessions/ ¢5000)

A nice word for haggling. Money gain from accepted missions is increased by 5 to 10%, the bonus will be assigned randomly by throwing a 1-5 dice. When applied to salvaging it increases the return by this percentage (then salvaging becoming 20-35% of the buying price)

"Missions"

Fire It Up!

erliQ6V.jpg

A history of completed missions can be found in the mechanics tab.

IR hideout clean-up

Definitely not the most heroic job, but what has to be done, has to be done. A small IR terrorist cell was rolled up on a nearby colony, headquarters needs people to clean it up, and the crew of the bathtub are eligible. Yes, you are allowed to smash their furniture to 'fit it through the door better' as long as you clean it up.

I. Pay-out rate: ¢5000

II. Danger: 10% chance on a light wound on max 1 character

III. Completion time: 2 days

IV. Reputation gain: 10 points

Alien evacuation

A more serious mission, and probably far more fulfilling. Lately communications have been intercepted that strongly indicate that IR is planning an attack on an alien colony on a distant planet. These aliens have been living in relative peace with the human colony, but decided to separate and return to their old traditional ways. There are only about 300 aliens, but FFA decided to negotiate for them to be moved to safer territory deeper within the Solar Empire. A new home has been set up already, all that needs to be done is transportation, which will need protection. On this mission you will simply keep watch for any unknown ships that enter the perimeter of the larger ship.

I. Pay rate: ¢15.000

II. Danger: 10% chance on a light wound

III. Completion time: 7 days

IV. Reputation gain: 40 points

IR members transportation

For this mission the crew of the bathtub will instead be serving on board of a different ship as extra personnel. This ship in question is 'The Arbor', a heavily fortified transportation ship that transports persons of interest both positively and negatively. The current 'guests' on board the ship are the members of IR that have been caught in the earlier mentioned hideout raid, they are to be send to the nearest empire jail, but the crew could do with a few more guns now there are multiple subjects kept on board.

I. Pay rate: ¢10.000

II. Danger: 20% chance on a light(90) or moderate(10, max 1) wound

III. Completion time: 4 days

IV. Reputation gain: 40 points

Users who are viewing this thread

Back