Among the Stars - OOC

@Dragongal @SSgt Goodrich @Spazzycat101 @Anaxial @Hellkite

Greetings my loyal mortals, and not so loyal mortals too I suppose. It's not done at all, but I wanted to go ahead and at least set up the next step. This will be a mix of sequel from TS, and a whole new setting and storyline. It shall become more clear when I fully flesh it out and we get going. Once that is fixed any of you can put over characters if you feel that makes it a bit easier to transition, but we'll have to discuss how the backstory worked out. If you feel like a new character works better then you can make one of those too.

Are you welcoming new players? Also is this restricted to human characters only?

It's not restricted to human characters, but aliens have to be alien and not half-animals.

So far I haven't seen an alien actually succeed though, but you're free to try.

InsanEleven said:
It's not restricted to human characters, but aliens have to be alien and not half-animals.
So far I haven't seen an alien actually succeed though, but you're free to try.
Perfect! But what do mean by you've never seen one succeed?

Last edited by a moderator:
They always went too awkward/not understanding social situations. Which made it very hard for interaction with them to work.

InsanEleven said:
They always went too awkward/not understanding social situations. Which made it very hard for interaction with them to work.
That's fine, I wasn't planning anything like that. I'd thought that since humans had already colonized some of the other planets for so long there would have been plenty of time for interaction between alien cultures to develope and overlap. Whatever alien I design might not understand everything about human culture ( I mean not even humans understand everything about other humans) but they'll have enough experience to interact normally on a regular basis.

InsanEleven said:
2, and the first character needs to have 10 posts before you can make the second
Cool. Also are the two sides both posted for on the same thread?

The IR side for now I want to keep as something 'extra' that doesn't pop up too often.

Yet if it gains momentum then I'll add a 2nd IRP for it. I just want it to be very clear that IR stays a slow paced part as well, and that it isn't the focus of this RP

Hmm, depends on the general pace of the RP and how often you yourself put your character in the scene. I'm more concerned with how long you let people wait than how often you post. It's ok to be a bit less active, but the price of that is that you don't insert your character in everything and then have people wait two days.

Base line: as long as you don't slow the RP down too much, you're fine, even if you only post more scarcely.

Usually we're quite intensive though, so I'd say that if you want to really get involved closely you should be active once a day.

So I'm making my character a physician and I have to ask how advanced medical technology is. Basically what is easy and hard to treat, and what is still outright impossible?

I'd say direct physical injury is still quite hard. Like, the initial broken bone or stab to the stomach itself will be just as bad as now, except maybe the overall healing with pills and such is lesser. And first aid treating is easier (sealant, self-tightening stitches, etc.) but that's more in keeping you from dying instantly, a broken bone will still need setting afterwards.

I feel like the easiest are long term diseases, you can just prescribe a pill for cancer or any other disease that makes it go away or manageable.

Still impossible is resurrecting the dead or wounds to the brain, heart, neck etc.

So, easier to keep someone from dying if you have time, but otherwise not so much.

Users who are viewing this thread