• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic Among Gods

Coatl nods his head as Delphi explains the invasion plan. Then he ponders the situation for a moment. The lich-god he spoke with told Coatl he would have to get experimental if he was to master the dark arts. And the Keeper had some good points too.

I could try something like the Widow and take hold of the minds of these Tortured before "killing" them. The Keeper mentioned shutting down the Tortured without killing them. That could work.

Coatl speaks aloud to the group.

"Do we have any methods of wide-range paralysis, freezing, or any other methods that can temporarily shut down or weaken the mental resistance of the Tortured? If we fail to have the aforementioned powers, we can kill them the old fashioned way. Just keep the Tortured intact enough for me to take control."

"I believe the Keeper once mentioned to us that these creatures follow a hive-mind. That means there is more than likely a Queen (or a Widow) of some strange and alien sorts controlling these beings. My inference is that if such high quantities of Tortured are nesting in the Divergence, a Queen is also nesting in that ship. If we could kill the Queen, I could take control of the local Queen's hive-mind and get it to work for us without having to kill every Tortured in the area."

Coatl ends his inference there but remembers one last thing. "Being on command and looting as Chris and Delphi have mentioned, I will likely not be the first one to spot and/or confront the Queen. So everyone should be on guard and keep your eyes open because if there is one, it's going to be strong."

Hive-minds were his specialty but the Queens were always so disgusting. Still, Coatl felt confidence in his knowledge. And a Queen would be nothing this group couldn't handle.

Marcus kept silent, listening to the others chat around him in the hopes he would learn more about the nature of the Tortured or any other seemingly useful tidbits of information.

"I think whatever 'Queen' you're referencing ... those larger monsters we've encountered probably double as that. As for interrupting with whatever signal that is controlling is controlling them... no one's even tried to make sure that such a signal exists much less mess with it. Though whoever wants to get on that would have to conduct the experiments through a proxy or relay of some kind that'll either blow up instead of your head blowing up or be able to shut down automatically once the strength of the signal gets too high. I was actually thinking of getting on messing with their signal after this meeting, we'll need a way to shield the allied gods that we'll want to bring with us from it or else they'll be useless."

"The tortured are not isolated to the Divergence, they cover the whole planet. I'm not so sure a 'queen' would reside there. And honestly I pray to-- ...I hope there isn't. But we do certainly need some kind of wide attack, wipe out as much of the hord as we can before we are overwhellmed. But that ship is filled with narrow spaces, if there are the number I'm imagining there is, they could block an entire passage. There's a danger in using a strong weapon in such close quarters."

Neow46 said:
The armored man seems to sigh as he places down his container and leans on it rubbing the back of his helm as he seemingly tries to come up with words. Maybe basic wasn't his first language?
"Uhhmmm, yeah, not sure how else to say this, but to put it bluntly and get the bad news out of the way, your stranded here just like the rest of us, and here its either survive or die. Forget about going home or somehow returning, becuase you're stuck here, you're in an entirely world, entirely different galaxy, entirely different universe, your here and it's impossible to go back. Sorry."

Oh.

"Good news for you though, you happened to be one of the lucky blokes to pop right down here next to our little group called the Marauders, based right over there in that big old dome you were looking at."

The man sighs before picking his container back up agian and turns towards his buddies who were already carrying back entire containers of sea water, most likely to boil down into fresh water if you had to guess.

"Your welcome to join, especially if you can pull your wieght, either by gathering, making supplies, or fighting."

Fighting...? Well, at least that's something that you can-

"That large dome? Its supposed to protect us. Against gods."

Oh...

"You can also not join us and try surviving out on your own for all we care, but unless you want to eb torn apart by Eldrich horrors, torn apart by rampant and big headed gods, or starve to death, its up to you, but I suggest you join and help us out, especially if you want to stay alive."

They say somberly as they take their container to go and fill up with ocean water.

"Unless your going to sit there all day, at least tell me what you can do so I know what my captain knows to fill out when we get to the camp's border."

He calls back to you as he fills his container with water...

What shall you do...?
"Fresh. This situation is so fresh!" said Hyperiex full of joy. It was the most interesting situation he has ever been in. He continued to talk and presented himself: "Ahem, I can most certainly pull my own weight. I am Hyperiex, a Bioniak of the Morphiak subrace from El-Bios. I can shapeshift and my physical prowes are quite high".

As a demonstration, Hyperiex stretched, flattened, deform, expanded, and contracted his whole body a number of times then morphed his right hand into a blade and grew a pair of wings. He then turned to normal. He didn't mention his termal resistance or give details about his anatomy, considering that what e showed was enough for the moment.

He awaited the man's reponse.

"I am experienced with Hive minds. My head will be just fine; however, we cannot rule out the possibility...Chris perhaps you can conjure a proxy like you mentioned that could link to my mind."

"While the Tortured are everywhere, they are heavily concentrated in the Divergence. Much like ants we can see them everywhere but they still have colonies with Queens."

"Well Queen or not, most of your objectives are still the same. Kill Tortured and help us get supplies."

Major update #33!

CHAPTER 11: The Divergence, Act 2

(Large Image, May take a few to load)

ag_4_1080x1920_by_neow46-dafbdqr.png

Happy 4th Anniversary Among Gods!

Music!

Wow, 4 gosh darn years, It's honestly difficult to believe we've been going this long despite the Multiple hiatuses, heck it was hardly believable at year 3 after a mass forum migration, and now here we are, after Another site update with our own fancy little forum space of our own.

All of your guys's support and love is unbelievable, and honestly I don't know what i'd be doing without any of you guys being around giving me motivation, hope, and purpose all these 4 long years with all of you, old, new, or players from the start!

Here's to a new Year of roleplaying, growing, and developing and creating worlds together! Hoping we haven't lost anybody over the several month haitus!

Also if you want a high quality version of the image: http://sta.sh/0gh93pbhmir I've made it compatible with 1080x1920 desktop resolutions too!

Oh, one last thing, Individual character art for everyone is available upon request.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Everyone

Byron, Jaik and Coils, Mei, Misfortune, Errg, Izhane, Kalos, Maya, Ged, Coatl, Thorn, Marcus, Koya and Danielle, Chris, and Elijah

It is the dawn of yet another new day, the sun is rising in the eastern horizon, Only the upward light from the Keeper's safe-house is visible from here as it beams over the long, rolling grassy hills and upwards into the sky and space.

All of you stand together facing a Dense forest of Immense, towering trees, Deep within them lays the crashed U.G.C space vessel, The Divergence.

All around, the grass rustled gently in the chilling morning breeze, the light of the sun warm upon your bodies and faces. Marauders and allied Gods stand around you, faces and forms covered in armor or energy like silhouetted beings, all of them loading ammunition into their guns, counting their bullets and bolts, polishing their bladed and crushing weapons, preparing various spells and medical equipment for the dangerous, near suicidal mission you were all about to embark upon.

The transport trucks you all had driven here last night sat idle, their motors running quietly in tune with the wind and the distant ocean, as they waited for you all to be ready and engage the mission, the few engineering marauders inside of them making sure communication devices were up and running, performing maintenance on the vehicles and equipment as a whole.

Your Primary mission is to engage and neutralize any Hostile Gods, clear out and exterminate whatever Tortured you encounter around and within the Divergence in order to allow Salvage crews to strip down the ship for the Marauder's survival, and to find the Proto-type Dimensional Drive located deep within the ship.

Secondary objectives to find straggling survivors, recover any useful equipment or artifacts, acquire newly born Modifiers through eliminating hostile Low Gods, and to determine the source of the Tortured's sudden new hive mind and rapid evolution.

Before you had all arrived here, it was brought to everyone's attention that there was a recent revelation given to Danielle by the hulking Hargrakian General after a good nights worth of interrogation and convincing the alien to spill the information by manipulation of order of command. The hulking alien stood nearby, clad full in hyper mechanized battle armor, energy canons lowly humming, making small talk with a few of the Low Gods sent to assist you all by Elijah and Rohkuul's orders.

The Keeper has claimed this new information extremely valuable and important, from what he hypothesizes, this Proto-type Dimensional Drive (Or PDD) could be key into allowing those equipped or in possession of Modifiers to rapidly ascend Elijah into Elder God status, and attain the of High Gods themselves, to stop the ongoing god wars outside of this rapidly swelling, bulging universe, and end the conflict that consumed everything around you.

Delphi has stayed behind at the Marauder camp, with the help of the Keeper she will be constantly feeding you all vital information and the ship's floor plans according to the Hargrakian General, Danielle, and the Keeper's remote Clairvoyance.

After a day of planning, you were all finally here, Once you had all went past those trees, there is no doubt that you will be immediately ambushed by both Tortured and hostile Gods alike attempting to gain access to the existing Modifiers among your group or primarily the immense, potential power that was constantly trickling and feeding into Elijah's modifier.

You all stood at the line between a slow, painful death at the hand of survival and time, the cruelty of hostile gods, and a quick, bloody evisceration by tortured, or the chance for you all to survive and return to your homes and worlds, and possibly even exist as mortals Among Gods.

What shall you all do to prepare? Or shall you split into your designated groups, and engage the mission right away?

You all know what you are capable of, and you all know It would be extremely harmful to fail this mission to yourselves and the Marauders.

Even with the help of several allied low gods, this mission will not be easy.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
@Lavender
Galmiz

(Double check your Convo messages so we can finish up that Roleplaying with Kim and then get you caught up!)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hyperiex

(Shoot me a private message to discuss what you want to do with your character and I'll help you get a run down of whats happening and so on!)

Ryan: (You have been marked Inactive.) 

STATISTICS

Time taken: Several hours to organize and gather thoughts, as well as manage and figure out the new RpN System and trying to fix a lot of the messily spread around spaghetti code
Total word count: Just barely under 1000 words, It's a bit of a short update since we still need to role-call who's still active and isn't gone, as well as set up any further preparations or Roleplay between characters.
Total player/Character count: 14 Characters, 12 Players, Excluding Elijah and Duo pairs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Role call. Totes magoats here. Almost wouldn't be, if we had waited another week, because I almost took Among Gods off my Bookmarks and unsubscribed to the email alerts!

"Huh. I know the drive only took a few hours, but I feel like it's been months."

"Same. I feel really energized, though!"

(I'll do a more complete post once I know what others are here).

Coatl was here in the Command and Looting group. He addressed those around him.

"Remember that the power room is our first priority. Once we take that room we can work our way through much more easily than if we took any other room first. If you spot a bigger or more unique Tortured, kill it and inform me. It could be possible for me to turn the other Tortured to our side after the Queen is dead. If not, then just keep killing."

Coatl felt...brighter than usual. He was excited to finally get some action once more. 

I'm here and quite excited to be apart of this, also awesome cover art.

Marcus looked at the group gathered before The Divergence as they readied themselves to go in and find this Proto-type Dimensional Drive and be able to fight against these hostile gods with much more power, who knew he might be able to grab a modifier from a defeated low god and really be able to take care of himself. One thing was for sure he would have to make the decision soon to either keep helping Elijah and the Marauders or steal the modifier and hope that the time god was not lying. He thought on it once more and realized that by doing this he had made his choice and was at the point of no return. Putting a hand on his blade and another in his pocket where some lock picks were kept, he joined the scouting party hoping that his luck would hold and he would survive all of this.

(My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with a girl who saw me pass-out at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious.)

Stepping off the....jostling and godforsaken contraption brought him here, Thorn made a dash for a secluded bush and kindly donated that morning's breakfast to it. Mmmmm...eggs, bacon and hay....Thorn bowed his head to remind himself why he was doing this, but came up empty. Because you are obsessed with helping people, self destructive and have nothing else to do besides wan--"Must you ruin the moment?"

On that note, Thorn double checked he was stocked and rested, and rubbed his black eye. Probably stood out like a..well black eye. Ah gimme a break, I haven't talked in weeeeeeeeeks. Actually it's been 1 month and 11 days depending on your timezone. "Anyway, which of y'all was my group?" Thorn approached some of the more standout characters...whose names slipped his mind.

I AM CORNHOLIO! TP FOR MY BUNGHOLE? "What in the hell does that even mean?!"

(eyyyyyyyyyyyyy)

Meilikki stepped off the transport and out into the open. She took a moment to absorb the quiet and the warmth of the sun before stretching. "I second that notion, who's with me?"

Role call. Totes magoats here. Almost wouldn't be, if we had waited another week, because I almost took Among Gods off my Bookmarks and unsubscribed to the email alerts!

"Huh. I know the drive only took a few hours, but I feel like it's been months."

"Same. I feel really energized, though!"

(I'll do a more complete post once I know what others are here).

Chris looks up from the intense staring he's been giving his sword when he hears Jaik mention that it's feels like it's been months. (Figuring out how something is defined in reality with no knowledge of what most of it means is a long and intensive process even when you do have modifier aided mind-hax to help you along after all.)

"Oh, I'm pretty sure that's just because time is just hella screwy in this world. Weren't you gone for months or years before you ended up back here?" he replies as he stands up and sheaths his sword.

Chris looks up from the intense staring he's been giving his sword when he hears Jaik mention that it's feels like it's been months. (Figuring out how something is defined in reality with no knowledge of what most of it means is a long and intensive process even when you do have modifier aided mind-hax to help you along after all.)

"Oh, I'm pretty sure that's just because time is just hella screwy in this world. Weren't you gone for months or years before you ended up back here?" he replies as he stands up and sheaths his sword.

-BZZT-

"If I recall correctly, he left one morning then came back the next morning. By the way you left your transmitter on the entire ride Chris."

You hear a familiar voice suddenly speak from a radio on your belt.

"Tried to wake you up buuuuuut yeah, clearly that didn't happen."

-BZZT-

"If I recall correctly, he left one morning then came back the next morning. By the way you left your transmitter on the entire ride Chris."

You hear a familiar voice suddenly speak from a radio on your belt.

"Tried to wake you up buuuuuut yeah, clearly that didn't happen."

Chris rolls his eyes as he responds, "I wasn't asleep... most of the time, I was deep in thought trying to unravel the secrets of existing. Anyways, that's kind of what I meant in regards to Jaik, a day on our end was who knows how many on his end."

"Also... there's something that's been bugging me. I know Elijah's the commander and all... but how did manage to get that rank? Was it because of her having that modifer of hers or did she actually do something to earn that rank one upon a time?"

"Sorry but, aside from my very first few experiences with her, she hasn't done much to show why she's the commander."

Jaik lets Chris and (Delphi?) talk for a little while before cutting in.

"Yeah, it was a few months on my end. Enough time to come back, create a zombie apocalypse, survive and figure out a way to get back, and blow the whole thing sky high. I was relieved when I wasn't gone that long here on this end, because who knows what could have happened?!"

"You forgot the part where you encountered the zombie drag-"

"Shut. Up. Anyway, yeah, that's a really good question! I'm sure she's qualified and all, but what exactly DID she do to earn your respect?"

"Hey, I think that lichlord lightning-infused inventor guildmaster archenemy of yours is a pretty important part of how you got-"

"What part of "shut up" do you NOT understand???"

"... The part where my best friend is really mean to me."

"Oh, shut up."

Remember the training. Check pockets. Check holsters. Visualise ships layout. Revise security access protocols. Check shard and bead. Curse the Hargraks. Check radio batteries and channel. Shift uncomfortably in Marauder armour. Check pockets...

Hey, relax for a second. You're smearing my ghostie-space with worry. I can smell it.

Do not distract me. Be glad you don't have a body to lose.

I'm going to be hitch hiking in everyone's heads - I think I'll feel everything they do. Which means I'll have a squadsworth of being driven crazy by your fidgeting.

A little stab of humour offsets Koyaanis' foreboding. Whether it's his own uneasiness or the sum of the nearby Marauders thoughts leaching into his is hard to judge. The mixture of excitement and anticipation makes it hard to focus on his own preparations.

Long ago Initiate Koyaanis, under the name of another life, meditated with the remaining warrior-monks of a surrounded temple. It may have been ten or a thousand lives ago, but while the details escaped him, the trick to mixing fear and anger into resolve and poise remained. He wonders whatever happened to those brothers, and if he ever knew or whether the memory was lost. Perhaps he fell before he could find out. The important thing was that the lesson remained. Also, unwelcomely, the cramps from contorted meditation poses. Although seeing Meilikki warming up in the daylight made Koya yearn for his own flesh and sinew.

Danielle meanwhile stopped herself questioning the Marauder sergeant next to her about their ammunition composition before they could tell her to quiet down and do her own job for a change. The transport ground to a halt. Dani leapt out with the squad and checked all her pockets in case something had fallen out in the last few moments. She took a deep breath, grit her teeth and let the cold professional Sakharov take over as she linked up with the command squad.

Byron, not sure what actions to make in the current situation, decides just to wander around the groups of people nearby and see what kinds of preparations they might be making. As he walks around, the young man toys with a snowflake-like, ice structure in his right hand.

Having dozed most of the trip here, Ged pops his head up and bounces forward a bit. He scans around curiously, noting the surroundings to be much more to his liking. He then takes out his harp and quietly tunes it, seemingly oblivious to the tense air around him. Then he quickly stands up, stretches again, and meanders over to one of the massive trees, considering climbing it to get a lay of the land. He stops rather suddenly as he puts his paw on the tree, then cocks his ears and listens. The song of these trees is a sad one, but they have hope. It is not a new sadness either, trees are old, their songs older, and they ignore most happenings. I hope we can fulfill their wish, if not I will at least remember their music, as is my duty. Ged listens and thinks, than pulls his hand down with a much more solemn look forming on his face. He then sits down on the root of the tree and listens, and waits.

"I think it unwise to question Elijah's leadership," Mei said, joining Chris and Jaik's conversation, "but if I recall she was one of the first to arrive on this planet and she helped form the riff raff into the army of marauders they are today..." she paused. "These are trying times for us all and the Commander is in the midst of ascension, bear that in mind. We can all do our part and we are all uniquely qualified for that part, the same goes for Elijah. The same goes for you two and myself."

Major Update #34!

Everyone

Byron, Jaik and Coils, Mei, Misfortune, Errg, Izhane, Kalos, Maya, Ged, Coatl, Thorn, Marcus, Koya and Danielle, Chris, Hyperiax, and Elijah

The Marauders and Allied gods all finish preparing their weaponry, finishing up quite possibly their last meals as they armed back up into the transports for a hasty insertion into what they're now referring to as "The Death Zone" 

"Alright Everyone, start putting up those protections now if you have any, hurry up and get into your pre-planned squads and get ready to slaughter a whole lot of tortured!"

You hear Delphi buzz collectively over the entire comms, immediately the Gods who are able begin granting protective wards to everyone, good enough to last a few hours or a few hits depending, You've all been buffed with either your choice of God Shields, Physical, or Magical Shields!

"In addition, Since i can't be there myself because the people here can't babysit themselves, I had Engineering working on some pet projects recently, With Elijah's help we've assembled some mechanized units to help both carry supplies as well as shoot down what the rest of you dont catch, and we're going to test them out here! Don't worry about them getting destroyed or dinged up, better the robots then our actual people."

Surprisingly, you all see the Engineering marauders begin typing into some laptops, and from deep inside the transports you can hear mechanized units come to life!

You all begin to collectively separate into your groups into 4 different transports along with the marauders and gods, the squadrons list as follows:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Command Group:

Coatl

Danielle

Chris

Galmiz

7 Marauders, primarily Engineers and communications handlers and robotics engineers. Using prototype AI controlled units and drones carrying additional supplies. Armed with Conventional Weaponry

3 Protective Gods, One Healer, Two fighters

1 large, heavily plated unit that could be considered a mobile turret platform that rolls around with two rapid fire guns that spin 360 Degrees on a dime, has a lot of supplies on it. Seems pretty durable

Recon Group:

Ged

Jaik

Marcus

Misfortune

7 Marauders, Lightly but adequately Equipped, 2 Melee with shotguns, 2 Aidding Mages, Silenced Sniper, 3 Light assaults, conventional side arms

4 Gods, One Healer, Three capable of Defending and Stealth

2 Small scouting drones armed with light weaponry. They look more like large dragon flies then actual drones. Fragile looking, but could probably be able to fly past tortured without an issue

Attack Group 1:

Elijah

Errg

Byron

Izhane

7 Heavily armed Marauders with explosives and flame based weapons, 1 Battle Medic, 2 Flamethrowers, 1 Grenadier, two offensive casters, one RPG, conventional side arms.

4 Offensive/Defensive Gods, 2 Capable of Shielding and 2 Melee Attacking

Hargrakian Commander, Very large Alien armed with two rapid fire plasma canons mounted on a hardened Exosuit

3 Person sized droids, armed with laser and plasma weaponry, they dont look like they could take much of a beating, but can aim and shoot with 100% accuracy

Attack Group 2:

Mei

Thorn

Maya

Kalos

7 Marauders armed with Laser and plasma weaponry, conventional side arms, 1 Battle medic, 2 Snipers, 3 Assaults with additional Ammunition, 1 familiar conjuring mage

3 Offensive ranged Gods, One shielding God

1 large hunched behemoth like machine the size of 3 people, armed with a minigun and a flamethrower, two grenade launchers on it's back, seems to have two small mounted lasers to protect its rear, has a lot of supplies on it as well, looks like it could take on even a tortured Behemoth

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Remember, the Primary objective is to find that PD drive the Hargrak told us about, and Clear out as many Tortured and hostile gods as possible,

But Top priority is that everyone makes it out alive, even if it means retreating. 

Secondary Objectives  Are to find straggling survivors, recover any useful equipment or artifacts, and attempt to create more modifiers with hostile Gods by letting existing Modifiers consume them. 

Me and Elijah are giving the orders now to begin the mission, you're all going to be dropping off at the rear of the Divergence where the Hangar and engineering used to be, so hopefully power management should be near there, and it's highly likely the PDD is somewhere deep within the center of the ship, likely being the third deck in research and life support.

From what the Keeper can see from here, there's some really strong presences, both Gods and rampant Tortured infections already seemingly fighting in several places along the entire Divergence, expect to be burning a lot of really bad smelling flesh and encountering hostile gods! The Keeper suspects The Divergence may be a possible source of a lot of the Tortured we've been seeing, and hostile gods are already attempting to deal with it.

Lets hope we can catch them with their pants down, and get in and out with any casualties!

Recon group will be heading in first after their stealth is applied to sneak past any hostiles to help clear paths and scout for the main attack forces, Command group is to stay with the Attack groups and assist however they can, The tortured should leave the transports alone once your all dropped off, so they should be fine once you either get the enemies attention or otherwise, and will be on standby until you call for them and guarded by other allied gods"

You all hear Delphi collectively over the comms as you all sit and feel the trucks rumble, entering the immense forests and bouncing up and down on roots and plant life, most of the Marauders in the vehicles seem a little nervous, holding onto their weaponry and tools with near iron grips, some of you could even see the sweat on their faces underneath those reflective visors, one or two of them even seeming to give silent prayers to patron or old world gods.

The Gods themselves appear quite stereo-typically unphased, but even amongst them stirs a sense of uneasyness the closer they can sense the Tortured, their grips on their weapons tightening like the mortals they sat next to or traveled alongside outside of each transport....

Chris rolls his eyes as he responds, "I wasn't asleep... most of the time, I was deep in thought trying to unravel the secrets of existing. Anyways, that's kind of what I meant in regards to Jaik, a day on our end was who knows how many on his end."

"Also... there's something that's been bugging me. I know Elijah's the commander and all... but how did manage to get that rank? Was it because of her having that modifer of hers or did she actually do something to earn that rank one upon a time?"

"Sorry but, aside from my very first few experiences with her, she hasn't done much to show why she's the commander."
"I think it unwise to question Elijah's leadership," Mei said, joining Chris and Jaik's conversation, "but if I recall she was one of the first to arrive on this planet and she helped form the riff raff into the army of marauders they are today..." she paused. "These are trying times for us all and the Commander is in the midst of ascension, bear that in mind. We can all do our part and we are all uniquely qualified for that part, the same goes for Elijah. The same goes for you two and myself."

While you all wait, you hear Delphi respond to what Chris and Mei said earlier.

"Like Mei said, Elijah was the one to turn the Marauders into the group you see today from the horrible band of bandits they used to be, And I'll have you know Chris, She's often the one providing most of the supplies around camp and boosting Morale when im not whipping most people into shape, also leading battles like this when she really shouldn't be. But can't stop her i guess."

Those of you with Elijah, you can see her shrug and roll her eyes, those of you who can't see her, you hear an audible shrug over the comms.

"She's also the one who finalizes most decisions, and for the most part she's made mostly good decisions, I trust her judgement/gut a little more then most since she seems to have a lucky quality about her, but then again most of you with those mods seem to have a lucky quality."

The comms primarily remain silent the rest of the ride as you all either sit in silence or talk amongst yourselves, before you all hear your drivers knock on the panels.

"This is transports 1-4, We're approaching the target location, everyone be on your guard! We can't see any hostiles, but there's a lot of really nasty looking growth coming off the sides of the Divergence itself!"

Outside the transports, you all can hear very distant booms and clangs, no doubt the hostile gods engaging with the Tortured, who all seem to be engaged with each-other.

Soon, the transports stop, and they open up for all of you to pour out, Most of the Marauders filing out behind the allied Gods and mechanized units, weapons all aimed and looking around.

For those of you who have been to the Divergence previously, you would all recognize this place, as the wide open hangars near the rear engines, however, there is now a rather disgusting, fleshy mold covering a lot of the area, reddish and fleshy much like an actual Tortured, making gross squishing sounds whenever any of you step on it, the odor rather disgusting and rank like rotting flesh, the air is almost stagnant and unmoving, no sort of wind or animal calls dance around you here as the Tortured growth has even begun to spread to nearby trees, seemingly chewing away at the bark and even converting it into disgusting, flesh like mounds. Thankfully, it all seems harmless for now, but it's highly likely it's akin to a spiders web, alerting the Tortured swarms of wherever your located on it or when it's destroyed or burnt.

The booms and clangs heard on your way here are more evident, and you can also identify those chilling tortured cries and screams between the booms which were very certainly much, much farther up the divergence or on the opposite side, of the ship, it seems you all got lucky and the fighting is all currently elsewhere, that or the tortured or hostile gods remain in waiting....

From here you all face towards the north, you can all identify 3 floors of large hangars with their sides wide open to you, the ground floor seems to have a a few nearby entrances leading into the ship's hull towards the east, while the second floor looks like it can be climbed up to with rubble to access a large inner hangar, leading inwards to the east as well.

No hostiles in sight or hearing for quite the distance it seems thankfully, but it'd be advisable to be warry of ambush.

What shall you all do?

Or discuss?

(Also I'll see about making a map of this place when i get the time to help navigation!)

@Lavender
Galmiz

(Double check your Convo messages so we can finish up that Roleplaying with Kim and then get you caught up!)

STATISTICS

Time taken: Several hours to organize and gather thoughts, and more spaghetti code
Total word count: Close to 2000 words!
Total player/Character count: 14 Characters, 12 Players, Excluding Elijah and Duo pairs.

Misfortune snapped back into reality, how long had it been? At least two months, he decided, and spoke up, "So, Reconaissance. We scout out torture-free rooms and advise the rest on the layout, no?" He said, patting some rebellious fuzz into place, "If I have any say, I recommend we skirt the edge of the ship, then move in a layer, over and over until we reach the center. We can go in reverse for additional layers of the ship, until we find either the PD thing we're looking for or ourselves in a right pickle."

(K, please notify me when you make a map, because I can't figure out the layout of the scenery for the life of me.)

Jaik looks over his three companions, and finds himself familiar with precisely zero of them. He may have seen Misfortune in the same room as him a couple of times, but neither of them had ever taken the time to greet each other, or even make eye contact.

He nods at his three new companions.

"So, Reconaissance. We scout out torture-free rooms and advise the rest on the layout, no?"

"That seems like our job, yes. Maybe kill a couple of Tortured here and there, a ninja god if one happens to pop up...

"If I have any say, I recommend we skirt the edge of the ship, then move in a layer, over and over until we reach the center. We can go in reverse for additional layers of the ship, until we find either the PD thing we're looking for or find ourselves in a right pickle."

"Well, my expertise is sneaking around and getting us OUT of pickles, so I suppose that's good for the team. Any combat experience? Misfortune, right?"

He looks at the other two.

"And I've never had any contact with you two before, unless my memory is failing me. What are your names?"

Marcus looked towards the man (Jaik) addressing him. "Names Marcus I'm quite new here dropped in only a few days ago if I recall during a fight against some gods attacking you guys. Anyway I used to be quite a skilled thief and good enough in combat to not get killed. Though, these Tortured don't seem like the type I would usually fight, what can you tell me about them?" Marcus of course left out why he used to be a thief and some other non-essential information.

"I'm Ged." I reply to the assassin. "I don't have a whole lot of experience with combat as I generally try to avoid fights, but I can act as a support or play with fire. I also have quite a few things that are good for avoiding fighting. You are Jaik, correct? I Don know how it'll compare to the modern technology, but I also have pretty good ears and good eyesight."

(We all have walkie-talkies, right?)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back