• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic Among Gods

Now it was Coatl's turn once more to speak up.

"The faun is right. Though it did not sound like the weapon worked. I would stick with melee if I were you spider. Fists and steel tend not to jam."

"As for groups, I can lead the next one. My group needs to be one that can focus on killing Tortured without completely destroying the bodies. Ironically this would mean I would like a group that focuses on range and/or magic. I can revive the Tortured to fight for us instead, leading to more dead Tortured that I can revive and so forth. I suggest my group scouts around the Divergence for groups of Tortured to assimilate before we head inside."

"When the Keeper had us demonstrate our ability to fight Tortured, we fought things much different than what I saw at the Divergence. I believe you were there too faun...Mei, correct? Either way that demonstration has armed us with knowledge. If we see those things, we will not be fighting them one on one this time. And when we defeat them they will fight for us, making our battles that much easier."

We took down gods. How hard can this be? Right?

Last edited by a moderator:
Marcus listened trying to find as much as he could about the situation he was putting himself in and from what he heard these Tortured were quite dangerous especially in numbers. Marcus briefly wondered what he was getting himself into or if he should have just hid out in the wilderness away from all these gods and creatures forgoing any notion of power or going home.

He was nothing but a simple thief that due to a serum and his "Ungifted" nature was ageless. Back home he could just do jobs as he waited for all his enemies to wither with time, here his new enemies were gods that were as ageless as he was and more powerful then he was. So far he lived because of mostly luck something that never held too long for him. Marcus thought back to the modifiers and figured he would have to hope he could aquire one at some point if he wanted any hope of surviving. There was also the gods deal if he could steal the wolfess's modifier but that seemed nigh impossible and he did not trust the god not to kill or enslave him.

So for now Marcus decided that he would stick with this group, they seemed to mostly know what was going on and what they were doing.

You know, I rather doubt these weapons would ever turn into jelly."No, he means fail."

Well duh, jelly would definitely fail against those flamey things. Now if your guns misfired, that would be trouble. "I'll show you a misfire!"

Planting the guns in his pockets, Thorn hopped off his chair. His hooves clacked across the stone as he snaked around the group, still leery of the Keeper. Would walking away look suspicious? It will if you keep looking at everyone like that. Jeez lighten up, it's you might die by shredding and/or incineration in a short while......wait that came out wrong "I'd rather not hear the right way." Stopping at the top of the stair, he faced...well whomever.

"Y'all seem to have everything handled, if you need me, I'll be at the firing range getting some practice in." Oooh, try dual wielding. No wait hold the gun sideways! Yeah that'd be cool.

Errg grunts and looks down. "Painful to admit, but she is right..." The fishman says through clenched teeth. "Haven't been able to practice much with the sword she made me, but if those things fix themselves like the one that I fought, won't be able to deal with them at all if I lose the sword. Won't go, Errg isn't suicidal. You don't even have a real plan. And I can't even eat the monsters, anyway..." Errg hates backing down from a fight, but even he isn't dumb enough to walk into that mess. Besides, what would he be doing, anyway? Getting more tools for these jackasses? No way, fuck that.

Furious fish, Machiavellian foxes, a horse with dissociative identity disorder and an arachnophobic snake. This is too much.

Danielle takes a long, slow breath and tries to remember what she was about to ask.

Neow46 said:
Anyhow, I assume we're all still going with the plan of 1 modifier per squad with 3-4 low gods and squads of soldiers? Are we all just going to let the groups fall into place or what?
Delphi questions you all, crossing her arms looking for ANY responses here.
She blinks. The supposed master strategist was just a psychology graduate?! By what tremendous luck had the Marauders survived with a liberal arts educated feline at it's head? Granted, Danielle's knowledge of combat operations were strictly limited to textbooks and unscientific but mandatory historical studies. Not that anyone needs to know that. Delphi hadn't outlined anything remotely resembling a strategy yet, so maybe this would be a good opportunity to take the reins before any mistakes can be made.

"Groups aside, what about chain of command? Casualty evacuation? Area security? Reserves and contingency? Coatl -" she makes an appeal to the only being that said something with some experience behind it's words, "- you mentioned reconnaissance." Danielle manages not to flinch when the collective attention of the aliens centres onto her.

"The vehicles do a sweep around the Divergence. We could be encircled if we have no idea what or where the enemy is, and it might draw the... tortured still inside into open terrain where they can be dispatched more easily. While we are inside we need advance warning from the motorised marauders in case we attract attention from outside, and to get casualties out of the area." Flashbacks of lecturing ensigns at the academy do little to calm her. She presses on regardless.

"The important sections are the engine section, engineering manufactory, the medical and life support section, and finally the armoury and bridge which are close enough to count as one. That will cover power, production, food and weapons. If they're salvageable." She quickly qualifies.

"Engines first, with a team providing security to my engineers we can have the reactor power the lights and doors to help the other teams. The other sections can be taken in any order. The teams proceed slowly and carefully - there are a thousand places on my ship for ambushes." Averting her gaze and feeling a little dizzy, she shuts up and hopes she isn't blushing.

Neow46 said:
You begin to find yourself awake with a throbbing headache, you were laying on what felt like beach sand, gentle waves tickle your feet within moments however, confirming that it was definitely a beach with a bright sun above that bothered you somewhat as it shone directly on your face and body, which was probably what woke you up here in the first place, aside from the heavy headache you felt...
Must have been morning you assumed, or hardly any cloud cover at the moment as you sit up groggily...

Opening your eyes, you're greeted with a vast, deep blue ocean in front of you that reflected the sun's rays off it's surface in a rather brilliant and calm manner. There was a gentle breeze floating around you

Eesh though, how long have you been sitting here cooking?

You wonder to yourself as you look around to your left and right, seeing an endless beach line go on forever in both directions accompanied by the land behind it.

However, you're immediately hit with a rather extreme scent of energy and mana to your nose as you regain your senses.

Holy SHIT

You think to yourself as it almost feels like your nose is going into full on overload with the amount of energy it's detecting in the area.

Just where the hell was all this coming from!?

Turning your body around to look behind you, not very far from the shore on grassy plains and small hills that go just as far as the beach line, you see a rather large, blue, magical dome surrounded by all sorts of strange winged beings covering what looked like a rather large settlement and a big stone tower at it's center...

This... certainly wasn't normal. Especially waking up god knows where on some strange and random planet and having no idea how you even got here... Dammit, now that you think about it, you literally cannot remember whatever happened before you got here...

Damn you think... this is an issue you think to yourself...

“Uhh, Hello?”

A voice suddenly calls from behind where you sat in the sand still, whipping your head back around, you spot what looks like a small group of humans in heavy plated combat armor carrying empty containers were staring at you, looking them up and down, you could tell their armor was tough, and they were armed with side arms...

“Were you just sleeping out here away from the camp or are you a new arrival?”

One of them questions you again as the others walk onto the beach and to the water and start to fill up their canisters, their heads were covered by helmets whose visors you couldn't see into....

You could clearly understand them... somehow.... maybe they could help you get an idea of where the hell you were exactly?
Life was good. Seeing new things every day, learning about various ecosystems, and the insane joy of overcoming life-threatening situations. Nevertheless, this situation was not only new to Hyperiex, but also not amusing in the least. He didn't know where he was, or why he was there. "I didn't think I could be that careless. I should not have drank all that...water" he thought. First thing he knew, the beauty of the ocean engulfed him, but he didn't remain in that masmerized state for long, because the overflow of esoteric energy made him snap out of it. The Bioniak turned around to analyze his surroundings, determined to find out the source of the energy. He eventually found it: a magical dome of sorts. "That building...is amazing. In more ways than one" thought Hyperiex.

A bunch of armored people came up afterwards. They even had weapons. They didn't seem to want to capture Hyperiex, as one of them simply asked him something, while the others ignored him and went towards the ocean. "Hmm, I wonder if that dome over there is the camp this person is talking about" he thought.

After being silent for a short while, Hyperiex smiled and said: "Greetings, I come in peace!". Obviously, he knew that he didn't answer the man's question, so after a short pause, he added: "I am indeed a new arrival". Hyperiex also didn't bother to tell the human that he didn't even know where he was, or how he got there. The Bioniak would soon find out such information on his own. The reason was obvious. To admit something like that was...embarassing, even for him.

Izhane squints and shakes his head. Psychology? How the hell was psychology supposed to any use when it came to planning around hordes of mindless freakish fiends like the Tortured? Who the hell put this lady in charge, she doesn't even have a plan? Sure, alchemy isn't exactly the most applicable skill for a leader either, but Izhane never was in charge of more than 5 or so people. The alchemist sighs and rubs his temples.

"I agree with her..." Izhane points a finger towards the lady that seemed to know what she was doing. He didn't catch her name, though. "This is the only thing I've heard so far that is a more cohesive plan than just sending in groups without any solid strategy or support behind them. Sure, running in like that might work out for a little team of four or five people, but we've got way too many people here for that."

Kalos raises his hand and Maya springs to her feet, hand reaching towards her holster.

"What the fuck?!? That Chimera's-"

"Becoming an elder god? Why the hell-"

"Is she leading us? Do you want us all to lose-"

"Our souls to the Far World?!? What the fuck is a modifier that it can-"

"Warp a soul that efficiently?!?"

Kalos and Maya both stop talking, though Maya's still gripping her gun, apparently preparing to pull it out at the slightest provocation.

"...ladies and gentlemen, I believe my newfound associate and I are having a bit of culture shock. Would it be safe to assume I'm not, in fact, standing in a room full of cultists?"

Kalos nervously also gets to his feet. "I think what the religious nut is trying to say is, we need a bit of explanation as to just what a Modifier and Elder God refer to in this... Universe?"

He ignores the glare Maya shoots him.

"Heheh, I don't know, we all seem to be a bit insane like cultists are! I can't help but notice the cult-like setting. Welp, that does it! We're all cultists participating in demonic rituals!" Misfortune giggled at the thought of being part of a cult. What a silly idea! Perhaps he could entertain it if he ever got back home. He picked up the generic-yet-authentic-looking rifle, "Coatl might be right, steel does tend to get the job done." Misfortune used his modifier again, poofing a silvery bayonette into existence, and attaching it to the rifle, "There. That should do the trick."

Coatl briefly glares at Kalos disapprovingly. Parts of what he had forgotten last night had came back to him, much to his disappointment. Such shameful acts as last night would cause others to lose faith in Coatl's abilities and legitimate noble recognition. Or at least this is what he thought to himself.

"Cult or not, this mission will provide all of us with necessary assets to help Elijah which quite frankly looks like our only chance of survival because like it or not those other gods see us as enemies and would not hesitate to cut us all down if they had the chance."

"Human woman you own that ship?"
He briefly asks Danielle. Coatl has not seen her before today. "So the power room first then we work from there? I like the way that sounds. Personally I would go for the armory right after the power, this way we can get a hold of the weapons before anything else does, and we can more easily secure the other supplies. If we can keep more Tortured intact when we kill them that would give us a lot more hands to carry equipment back here, assuming that is what we want to do."

Coatl thought back to the words of the necromatic god he had captured. Perhaps he did not need to keep the undead completely in tact. He had to learn to develop necromancy in his own way. He regrettably remembered how the Widow had morphed her damaged undead into horrifying amalgamations of combined parts. He shuddered at the memory and changed the topic in his thoughts. He had thought of getting a giant room of undead with a portal to summon them at will just like the necromatic god had. If the Divergence had controls like Danielle said it wouldn't be hard to lock some Tortured in there and establish a portal for his own purposes. The mission is of course my priority, but it cannot hurt to think ahead.

Jaik, after an extremely awkward silence, decides to stop talking to the obviously mute newcomer and instead focus his efforts on getting to the top of the tower.

He reminisces for a moment on the crazy adventures that he, Koya, and Mei had back before his plane exploded. Like getting all of his magical stuff demagicified by Xenoth when he randomly popped in without permission.

Killing the Warden.

Koya dying.

On second thought, maybe I should just focus on being group member and making it to the top of the tower.

The outburst of the two - possibly - humans fills Danielle with concern. More alien gibberish to decipher. There were strange forces at work in this world. This much was certain. However how much is true? How much is backwards belief and myth?

aquaInferno said:
"Human woman you own that ship?" He briefly asks Danielle. Coatl has not seen her before today.
"Yes, and no. I am the seniormost surviving human officer. The ship and human crew are... more my responsibility than legal property." Danielle imagines that should she ever return to UGC space the investigation and court martial for dismantling a priceless starship would mean decades in a holding cell, guilty or not. Sharing UGC technology with aliens? Potentially execution for treason of the highest order.

aquaInferno said:
"So the power room first then we work from there? I like the way that sounds. Personally I would go for the armory right after the power, this way we can get a hold of the weapons before anything else does, and we can more easily secure the other supplies.
"That would be ideal, however between our point of entry and the armoury lies the greater part of the ship. There are weapons lockers and security stations throughout, but they are only stocked with small arms comparable to the marauders'. The surveillance equipment and functional robots would be of greater utility. At least until the armoury is reached - they are routinely placed near the bridge defences so boarding parties cannot seize them before the defenders can." Boarding parties being what we are, in essence, she thinks to herself. This being such an unimaginable situation, she could forgive the UGC shipwright's design.

Hey, what's up?

I am talking to a half snake and a barnyard of fairy tale creatures, and now a ghost, about raiding my ship to help a dog with her magical problems. A newt agrees with me though, so I must be on the right track.

So it's an average Tuesday, huh? What did I say about micromanaging everything?

Quiet - this is important. Isn't there another fight or something? Maybe get some sense knocked into you?

Me-ow! You're cattier than Delphi on a hot tin roof.

Did you at least complete your mission?

Huh?

The shard?

Oh. No, it disappeared somewhere I can't see it - foul play suspected, sah!

некадърник...

"I personally think there is something everyone is forgetting. As previously pointed out, most of us are nigh upon useless when it comes to fighting these 'tortured'. So why are we planning on having everyone fight at all? With those modifiers I'm sure you would be able to cast a sort of stealth-field." Ged interjects calmly while drawing his leg up and curling up slightly on his chair. "If there is anyone that feels the need to not sneak around like a sane- *cough cough* coward, then I'm sure it would make the sneaking job easier if there was a big distraction outside of the ship to draw the tortures away... Like for instance a pitched battle with high explosives."

Ged glances around somewhat derisively at the, in his opinion slightly narrow minded band of... interesting folk.

"If we can get around without fighting, I for one think that this operation will be much less running for our lives and dying and much more exploring interesting places."

Ged's ears twitch up as he says this and his tail flicks side to side slightly as he expresses his interest and bit of excitement at exploring a place that is for him at least completely new.

Chris sits back, thinking about what weapon he would possibly want to fuse his modifier into. Then sees Maya get her jimmies all rustled over the term 'Elder God'.

"Relax, 'Elder God' in this context is merely a very very powerful god. Modifiers are some sort of catalyst, generator, and/or container for divine power that seems to have come into use within the last few generations of gods...

Chris stares into space as he rambles a bit, "...I bet that they probably got started as a way to try and get around 'a god that is more powerful than a fledgling god cannot physically be in most mortal realities and/or planes' problem that sometimes pops up by giving a being high levels of godly power without them actually having to be a god. It seems that this reality also has that 'problem' considering that-if I remember correctly-that only the minor gods in the whole inter-god conflict that's currently going over on our metaphysical heads can actually get through whatever barrier that is currently protecting us from being curbstomped by the more powerful gods. There's also, I think, the option of them spending power to send an Avatar of their's down, but with the god-level fighting going on I don't think they can spend the energy to do so..."

He sits up straight, moving his hand that has wandered to his chin to put both his hands on his knees, "But hey, dealing with said conflict is just merely our end goal. Meaning that we just need to get Eli over there-" he spares a quick glance over at her, acknowledging that she's there even whilst talking like she's not, "-to deal with whatever issues she has and get her okay with tapping into the full probably Elder God-like power level of her modifier. As well as getting as many people as we can high level modifiers themselves. Not to mention our shorter term goals of getting to the point where we can deal with the massive number of minor gods and deal with whatever's behind the Tortured getting stronger, better, faster at an accelerated rate for basically no natural reasons that the Keeper can figure out."

Chris stands up and walks to the board, "But I think that's all been said before, just recapping why we're doing all this because, eh, I felt like it. he says with a shrug of his shoulders, "Anyhow, I think we should make two main attack groups to secure areas around the ship; one group dedicating to scouting via stealth as well as any magical scrying we can get; and the last group can be command as well as also serving the roles of logistics, cleaning-up anything that the attack groups missed, and especially directing our forces in the actually fairly likely case of any 'raid-boss'-type enemies showing up. The command group only gets to deal with logistics and clean-up because I want Coatl to be in it and the growing numbers of extra hands we could possibly get would greatly speed up our efforts to strip the ship clean of anything useful."

He pulls out a marker (or whatever, if it's a hologram he still writes on it via whatever reality cheating via his modifier he needs to do, but mostly because he just doesn't give a shit that he might not be able to write on it) and writes 'Attack 1', 'Attack 2', 'Scouting', 'Command' above boxes from left-to-right top-to-bottom. He writes in 'Coatl' in the last box. "Of course all the groups get whatever vehicles they need to do the initial outside part of our raid as well. Scouting group gets fast stuff, Attack groups get tanks if we manage those, and Command gets stuff to carry out all the loot with." He writes out 'Phase 1: Exterior', 'Phase 2: Power and Armory', 'Phase 3: Everything Else???', and 'Phase 4: Looting and Profit!' on the board as well.

Chris turns around and steps to the side so everyone has a clear view of the board, "If anyone has any questions, details, etc they'd like to ask or add about anything but the shit I was rambling on about... get that out of the way so we can figure out who's going where. If you do have questions about the shit I was rambling about, see me afterwards."

(@SnakyDragon, sorry about not responding. I didn't see that you were trying to talk with Byron. I really need to break this habit of forgetting to respond til almost the last minute.)

As Byron and his new companion make their way up to the tower to meet up with everybody else, he hears the man with the snake ask him how he had ended up getting involved in Elijah's quest to achieve godhood. He thinks for a moment, but decides tostay silent on the subject, still uncomfortable with talking about what he had endured before coming to this plane of existance.

After staying silent for a short while, Byron feels the urge to speak up. Not knowing what exactly to say, he simply mutters one word. "Why?" Figuring that just one word might not be enough for his companion to know what he meant, he elaborates. "I know it may not seem like much, but why were you willing to help me? I could've easily handled things myself back there. There were only three of them and they seemed to be unarmed. Why did you consider going out of your way like that?"

(@arcaneSentinel Don't worry about it. We all strive to improve in some way in this RP!)

Jaik ponders the unexpected question of his companion for a moment, and then responds.

"There are two answers to that question. The easy one is that I didn't know you had the situation handled, that you seem like a helpless young person and that all I was doing was defending the little guy."

Jaik takes a couple of seconds for silence to sit in as he visually analyzes Byron (maybe, like, I dunno... the clothes you're wearing? Hair color? Body build?)

"The other answer, a harder one, is that I saw you, knew you were probably quite capable of handling yourself (since you're here in this place, anyway, and everyone here can kill everyone else here), and decided to show you that some people in this camp will be out to take advantage of you and to scare you away..."

He motions offhandedly to the situation they just left behind.

"... And others will be there to make sure you don't fall too far, and in case you do, help you back up. I've lived the vast majority of my life alone, unloved, and used as nothing more than a tool (albeit a very effective one) for people smarter and more powerful than me. I prefer to spend the rest of it trying to keep that from happening to the people I care about, and even the people I don't."

Major update #32!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Conference/Main group:

( @Space Face ) Galmiz (You have not posted! Please refer to the previous update!) (Also you never responded to me in those PM's, but dont worry too much though! :P )

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

( @Neuton ) Ryan: (You have not posted! Please refer to the previous update!) (You will be marked inactive within the next two updates!)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

( @Azure Sky ) Hyperiex:

The armored man seems to sigh as he places down his container and leans on it rubbing the back of his helm as he seemingly tries to come up with words. Maybe basic wasn't his first language?

"Uhhmmm, yeah, not sure how else to say this, but to put it bluntly and get the bad news out of the way, your stranded here just like the rest of us, and here its either survive or die. Forget about going home or somehow returning, becuase you're stuck here, you're in an entirely world, entirely different galaxy, entirely different universe, your here and it's impossible to go back. Sorry."

Oh.

"Good news for you though, you happened to be one of the lucky blokes to pop right down here next to our little group called the Marauders, based right over there in that big old dome you were looking at."

The man sighs before picking his container back up agian and turns towards his buddies who were already carrying back entire containers of sea water, most likely to boil down into fresh water if you had to guess.

"Your welcome to join, especially if you can pull your wieght, either by gathering, making supplies, or fighting."

Fighting...? Well, at least that's something that you can-

"That large dome? Its supposed to protect us. Against gods."

Oh...

"You can also not join us and try surviving out on your own for all we care, but unless you want to eb torn apart by Eldrich horrors, torn apart by rampant and big headed gods, or starve to death, its up to you, but I suggest you join and help us out, especially if you want to stay alive."

They say somberly as they take their container to go and fill up with ocean water.

"Unless your going to sit there all day, at least tell me what you can do so I know what my captain knows to fill out when we get to the camp's border."

He calls back to you as he fills his container with water...

What shall you do...?

( @Razyn ) Monica: (You have not posted! Please refer to the previous update!)

Time taken: Lots of procrastination, WAY TOO FUCKIN LONG AGIAN

Total word count: Arooound 2600 words, pretty disappointing for the usual update... sorry...

Total player/Character count: 18 Characters, 16 Players, Excluding Elijah and Duo pairs.

What should we try first, the over the shoulder shot, or the Matrix cartwheeling shots?

"I'm thinking normal shooting first." Thorn clumsily loaded a revolver, dropping his bullets several times in the proccess. With much finageling he eventually had a full six rounds. "Lets see....i guess all the gunpowder or whatever is in these things, so i pull the hammer and-" CRACK!

"Sonuvbitch!" The gun flew back and caught Thorn square in the eye, blacking it. Wow you need to hold onto them better. "YOU THINK?! Goddess alive...!"

After a few rounds, Thorn began to get the feel for his revolver, until it came to reloading. No no i think they fall out of the barrel....hold up you've got it backwards...Maybe you-- "I got it! Just give it a rest already." But ignoring those impediments Thorn was getting a handle on the whole affair. Yeah, he even hit a target once or twice.

"I reiterate my concerns about the competence of other fighters. You're right, the divergence will be surrounded as soon as we arrive so we need to be able to sweep the place quickly. Establish safe zones and work outwards from each one. We're relocating the entire base there, correct? Then we'll have to establish perimeters so once we've cleared the ship nothing else can get in. If I remember correctly it's full of holes so that could be difficult." She sighs. "I know we don't have much of a choice here, but I'm struggling to see a scenario were we aren't all clawed to death by rapidly evolving tar creatures."

"Welp, looks like my modifier is out of juice." Misfortune noted the lack of a soft glow from the enigmatic crystal. "I'm with the safe-zone idea. It leaves us with several safe havens should we ever need to fall back in the case of an emergency." He thought for a moment, "We should aim to re-set up in the little encampment we set up inside, where we can divide and conquer afterwards."

Jaik raises his hand.

"Yeah, uh, I'm not really one for tactics, so just send me in one of those attack groups, or if you need someone to sneak around and find information. But I'm pretty sure an attack group will be fine, preferably under Mei, since I know she's a good leader and probably won't send me to certain death."

"I second that notion.

"Of course you do. It's my notion."

"So group 1 would be attack and group 2 would be defense then?" Chris remarks as he sits back down on his stool, "In that case I think I'd rather go on the defending group. I'm pretty smart, but honestly all I know of tactics come from playing video games. Don't get caught alone, group up, focus the correct targets, know what you're capable of, get the right army-slash-team composition, stuff like that. I don't think I'd be able to contribute to the command group very well that's what I'm saying. Besides, I have some ideas for emplacements I could try conjuring up to create a defensible position."

"Things could always be worse." Danielle's lab assistant would say, but when things do get worse, several times in a single conversation, the phrase becomes more ominous than encouraging.

At the very least her insight has been recognised by Delphi. The very least. As soon as the subject of magic arose Danielle could feel her skull beginning to ache.

Neow46 said:
"Additionally, don't you remember fighting Tortured before and know that you have to either ignite them or cut them to bits? You'll just piss them off by poking them."
Seahorse said:
"[...] I'm struggling to see a scenario were we aren't all clawed to death by rapidly evolving tar creatures."

No creature can simply be
immune to bullets and grenades! Flesh cannot simply ignore impact and kinetic energy transfer.

Koyaanis is not eager to remind her of the events of the escape from the Divergence - her soundness of mind, held together by stubbornness, compartmentalisation and outright denial isn't yet solid enough by his reckoning.

Do or die missions historically consist almost exclusively of the latter - too much can go wrong for this to be a viable mission! Why are they fine with being encircled in contested ground?

Yeah, it's a bit like trying to escape a tiger by diving headlong into its mouth and jumping out of its arse.

As Dani listens to the less scientific-sounding ideas being passed around, Koyaanis notes her thoughts seem to move differently from his spectral perspective. Tinged with fear and confusion, but it's not the same as before. He realises he has no idea what any of it means and doubts psychology lessons from Delphi would help.

What am I supposed to do about the tortured? Danielle sounds a little defeated after turning the problem of nightmare creatures over in her mind.

Nothing - help the humans and marauders with the ship and its systems and let the godlets fight the tortured, that'll be the best use of your skills. What we're about to do is mental, I know - I hate being forced into making dangerous decisions (for the mortals among us, anyway). I keep thinking if we knew more about the tortured, this world... we're definitely missing something, and we'll suffer for it. There mysterious bloody god-egg universes, eh? Where was I... right, take on what you can deal with.

Hmm. Danielle was only half listening. Remind me to ask Delphi about the Mirror's Edge later.

Oooh yeah, she's probably breaking soooo many regulations wearing that UGC outfit. 'Stop! Space fashion police! step away from the stolen clothes...'

"I could be either a scout, or go with some fighters and act as a supporter. I doesn't matter a whole lot to me, however I especially volunteer to go anywhere not underground. I I need to fight, I can put out quite a fun amount of fire or use flash-bombs or something." Ged intones smoothly, " I haven't ever participated in any large military excursions before, and generally tried to avoid fights, however I have done a bit of sneaking around. I do believe that avoiding a bunch of noisy and smelly... ermm, things would be quite a bit easier than sneaking past a sleeping dragon to read its books."

Maya grimaces, and holsters the Guiding Light. "Just point me towards something to shoot, I guess. 'm not picky, and tactics were never my strong suit."

Kalos, nods. "I'm in the same boat, honestly. The Seventh Maiden isn't one for subtlety."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back