• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern amnesiac.

Do you want their to be character roles?

• Oh yeah

• Nope

Results are only viewable after voting.

typhoon

watery grave

am·ne·si·ac

/amˈnēzēak

noun
a person experiencing a partial or total loss of memory.​

Prologue

The Amnesia Program was created in 2023 to help people who suffered trauma or did something they deeply regretted in order for them to have their consciousness uploaded into the Mainframe, their bad memories wiped, and lived out the rest of their days in the Mainframe. It became so popular that the mind wipe became an alternate to the death penalty: the accused could choose to opt for the mind wipe, thus rendering them harmless and keeping them from hurting anyone else ever again.

Citizens of the Mainframe are in different servers, with different locations easily accessible by simply traveling as one would do in the real world. Citizens can choose to pick a role in the Mainframe, like a baker or mechanic, or even opt out and roam how they please. Friendships are encouraged and romances bloom. In the Mainframe, you are free from your past.

At least....that's how it was supposed to be.

Residents of server 00-001PF had a shocking revelation when they awoke one day knowing exactly who they were and where they were. Unknown to them, the company had gotten a new upgrade that had left the original consciousness, the ones who had first been uploaded as test trials didn't get the same patch and were now stranded. It was like a splash of cold water as they realized that they were stranded in the Mainframe and no idea what to do next. All they know is they need to confront their past before it’s too late.
_____
This roleplay will be a slice of life and not as sci-fi as the plot suggests. It's mainly about our characters coming to terms with their past and all that happened as they learn to trust others and find themselves and embrace themselves, trauma and all. I will say that mature (but not mature enough for RPN to ban me :)) will be included.
The idea from this is the black mirror episode, san Junipero (which i highly recommend you to watch lol) but with some original ideas of course. The ending will be bittersweet (if it manages to get that far of course) so I hope this gets some traction.

code by @pasta

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back