• When posting, please be aware that artistic nudity is still nudity and not allowed under RpNation rules. Please edit your pictures accordingly!

Remember to credit artists when using work not your own.

Resource Ami's Lab | Testing Freebies

Ambiloquous

Graphic Fanatic
Roleplay Type(s)
Yo, Ami here. I drift about a lot of BBCode workshop threads to window-shop for freebies and was inspired to make my own because I have a bit of time to while away + the urge to do something constructive. I'm not particularly adept at coding, and I'm not touching invisible scroll with a ten-foot pole, so these codes will be relatively modest.

Use the codes as you please, though most — if not all — of these are made on my 13-inch Mac and might not work properly on other devices. Credits aren't required, since most of these are going to be pretty basic, but I'd like to see if people ever use them, so if you want to tag me, feel free. If you have questions or want to make modifications but don't know how to, do ask; I don't bite.

Last edited:
I thought I'd try to code a template that would show up differently on different modes, and this was the result. I honestly don't know why anyone would need this other than for the novelty of it, but it's here.

The spacing between characters looks cleanest with monospaced fonts if you plan on continuing the finicky alternating letters I did with the title. If you don't like the white text on dark mode, you can slap on a solid colour background with opacity at less than 1 and change the text colour based on the combination of background colour + mode colour, and it would probably work.

I've checked and I was right. This isn't at all mobile friendly.

BWLHAICTKE

Lorem Ipsum is simply dummy text of the printing and typesetting industry. Lorem Ipsum has been the industry's standard dummy text ever since the 1500s, when an unknown printer took a galley of type and scrambled it to make a type specimen book. It has survived not only five centuries, but also the leap into electronic typesetting, remaining essentially unchanged. It was popularised in the 1960s with the release of Letraset sheets containing Lorem Ipsum passages, and more recently with desktop publishing software like Aldus PageMaker including versions of Lorem Ipsum.

Lorem Ipsum is simply dummy text of the printing and typesetting industry. Lorem Ipsum has been the industry's standard dummy text ever since the 1500s, when an unknown printer took a galley of type and scrambled it to make a type specimen book. It has survived not only five centuries, but also the leap into electronic typesetting, remaining essentially unchanged. It was popularised in the 1960s with the release of Letraset sheets containing Lorem Ipsum passages, and more recently with desktop publishing software like Aldus PageMaker including versions of Lorem Ipsum.

Code:
[centerblock=95][font=Overpass Mono]
[center][size=6][color=#1b2730]B[/color][color=white]W[/color][color=#1b2730]L[/color][color=white]H[/color][color=#1b2730]A[/color][color=white]I[/color][color=#1b2730]C[/color][color=white]T[/color][color=#1b2730]K[/color][color=white]E[/color][/size][/center]
[bg=; display: inline-block; width: 45%; color: #1b2730;]
[/bg][bg=; display: inline-block; width: 45%; color: white;]
[/bg]
[bg=; display: inline-block; width: 45%; color: white;]
[/bg][bg=; display: inline-block; width: 45%; color: #1b2730;]
[/bg]
[/font][/centerblock]

Last edited:
This is a redo of the circular image testing code I created in my macros, though I don't remember how the code looks exactly after the great BBCode+ wipe. Hopefully, it does it justice.

This is mobile friendly, from what I've seen.

50% Borders

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

The standard chunk of Lorem Ipsum used since the 1500s is reproduced below for those interested. Sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 from "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" by Cicero are also reproduced in their exact original form, accompanied by English versions from the 1914 translation by H. Rackham.

Code:
[bg=;
margin: auto;
max-width: 85%;
min-height: 225px;
padding: 35px 20px 20px 20px;
color: whitesmoke;
border-left: 5px solid lightgray;
border-right: 5px solid lightgray;
background-color: rgba(49, 70, 77);][font=Work Sans][bg=; color: whitesmoke; font-size: 25px; text-align: right; line-height: 80%;][b]50% Borders[/b][/bg][/font]
[bg=;
margin: 0 20px 20px 0;
float: left;
width: 200px;
height: 200px;
border-radius: 50%;
border: 5px solid lightgray;
background-image: url(https://cdn.pixabay.com/photo/2020/07/14/13/42/boat-5404195_1280.jpg);
background-size: 120%;
background-position: center;][/bg][font=Work Sans]Lorem Ipsum is simply dummy text of the printing and typesetting industry. Lorem Ipsum has been the industry's standard dummy text ever since the 1500s, when an unknown printer took a galley of type and scrambled it to make a type specimen book. It has survived not only five centuries, but also the leap into electronic typesetting, remaining essentially unchanged. It was popularised in the 1960s with the release of Letraset sheets containing Lorem Ipsum passages, and more recently with desktop publishing software like Aldus PageMaker including versions of Lorem Ipsum.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

The standard chunk of Lorem Ipsum used since the 1500s is reproduced below for those interested. Sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 from "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" by Cicero are also reproduced in their exact original form, accompanied by English versions from the 1914 translation by H. Rackham.
[/font][/bg]

Last edited:
The code below was created with gradients in mind. CSS gradients are versatile, and I'm quite partial to using them. In fact, the background of this box I'm using as a note was made with the linear-gradient feature.

The centering for the boxes were a little off when the max-width shrank before, but now that's fixed. Also, if you want more boxes, you can copy paste them and they should still look fine.

Mobile friendly; longer titles once tended to overlap and be a little wonk, but this has also been fixed.

Inverted Gradient

It is a long established fact that a reader will be distracted by the readable content of a page when looking at its layout. The point of using Lorem Ipsum is that it has a more-or-less normal distribution of letters, as opposed to using 'Content here, content here', making it look like readable English. Many desktop publishing packages and web page editors now use Lorem Ipsum as their default model text, and a search for 'lorem ipsum' will uncover many web sites still in their infancy. Various versions have evolved over the years, sometimes by accident, sometimes on purpose (injected humour and the like).
The standard chunk of Lorem Ipsum used since the 1500s is reproduced below for those interested.
The standard chunk of Lorem Ipsum used since the 1500s is reproduced below for those interested.

Code:
[centerblock=85][bg=;
position: relative;
top: 30px;
font-size: 30px;
color: rgb(92, 108, 164);
font-weight: bold;][font=Noto Serif JP]Inverted Gradient[/font][/bg]
[bg=;
padding: 25px;
color: floralwhite;
border-radius: 10px;
background: linear-gradient(rgba(0, 0, 60, 0.45), rgba(0, 0, 60, 0.1)), url(https://cdn.pixabay.com/photo/2016/05/24/16/48/mountains-1412683_1280.png);
background-size: cover;
background-position: center;][font=Noto Serif JP]It is a long established fact that a reader will be distracted by the readable content of a page when looking at its layout. The point of using Lorem Ipsum is that it has a more-or-less normal distribution of letters, as opposed to using 'Content here, content here', making it look like readable English. Many desktop publishing packages and web page editors now use Lorem Ipsum as their default model text, and a search for 'lorem ipsum' will uncover many web sites still in their infancy. Various versions have evolved over the years, sometimes by accident, sometimes on purpose (injected humour and the like).
[center][bg=;
display: inline-block;
margin: 25px 6px 0 6px;
max-width: 240px;
padding: 20px;
background: linear-gradient(rgba(62, 58, 83, 0.7), rgba(92, 108, 164, 0.7), rgba(142, 141, 188, 0.7), rgba(251, 214, 209, 0.7));]The standard chunk of Lorem Ipsum used since the 1500s is reproduced below for those interested.[/bg][bg=;
background: linear-gradient(rgba(62, 58, 83, 0.7), rgba(92, 108, 164, 0.7), rgba(142, 141, 188, 0.7), rgba(251, 214, 209, 0.7));]The standard chunk of Lorem Ipsum used since the 1500s is reproduced below for those interested.[/bg][bg=;
background: linear-gradient(rgba(62, 58, 83, 0.7), rgba(92, 108, 164, 0.7), rgba(142, 141, 188, 0.7), rgba(251, 214, 209, 0.7));]The standard chunk of Lorem Ipsum used since the 1500s is reproduced below for those interested.[/bg][/center]
[/font][/bg][/centerblock]

Last edited:
As I was trying to come up with weird background shapes that could be created out of code, this clover design was born. This is code purely for an... interesting way to display pictures with a header.

I would recommend not putting any text within the clover leaves because it'll likely end up looking wonk.

I am very, very sure that there is little chance, if at all, that this will work on mobile. No percentage, don't @ me.

Clover & Leaves

Leaves & Clover

Code:
[bg=;
display: inline;
top: 30px;
left: calc(45% - 200px);
color: #1c8151;
font-size: 25px;
font-weight: bold;][font=Lexend Deca]Clover & Leaves[/font][/bg]
[bg=;
left: calc(45% - 212px);
border-radius: 50% 35% 0 35%;
border: 6px solid #179251;
background: url(https://i.pinimg.com/564x/9e/81/33/9e8133b05119d0f7ac64e2f7de47a13f.jpg);
background-position: center;][/bg][bg=;
left: calc(45% - 218px);
border-radius: 35% 50% 35% 0;
background: url(https://i.pinimg.com/564x/a3/40/f3/a340f3f3b049cd5b38c9f909928910c0.jpg);
background-position: center;][/bg]
[bg=;
top: -12px;
left: calc(45% - 212px);
border-radius: 35% 0 35% 50%;
background: url(https://i.pinimg.com/564x/a3/40/f3/a340f3f3b049cd5b38c9f909928910c0.jpg);
background-position: center;][/bg][bg=;
top: -12px;
left: calc(45% - 218px);
border-radius: 0 35% 50% 35%;
background: url(https://i.pinimg.com/564x/9e/81/33/9e8133b05119d0f7ac64e2f7de47a13f.jpg);
background-position: center;][/bg]
[bg=;
display: inline;
top: -46px;
left: calc(45% + 24px);
color: #1c8151;
font-size: 25px;
font-weight: bold;][font=Lexend Deca]Leaves & Clover[/font][/bg]

Last edited:
I remembered fixed attachment after so long and decided to use it on something. This is that something.

If you want more headers and bodies, you can copy-paste the center sections.

I'm going to take a stab in the dark and say I think there's 90% chance this is mobile friendly. I was right, but longer words cut off and move to the second line.

On tablet and mobile — at least on my iOS — it doesn’t seem as if fixed attachment works, so all I see is blurry close-up. It doesn’t affect the text, but it is less pretty.

Fixed Background

There are many variations of passages of Lorem Ipsum available, but the majority have suffered alteration in some form, by injected humour, or randomized words which don't look even slightly believable. If you are going to use a passage of Lorem Ipsum, you need to be sure there isn't anything embarrassing hidden in the middle of text. All the Lorem Ipsum generators on the Internet tend to repeat predefined chunks as necessary, making this the first true generator on the Internet. It uses a dictionary of over 200 Latin words, combined with a handful of model sentence structures, to generate Lorem Ipsum which looks reasonable. The generated Lorem Ipsum is therefore always free from repetition, injected humour, or non-characteristic words etc.

Background Fixed

There are many variations of passages of Lorem Ipsum available, but the majority have suffered alteration in some form, by injected humour, or randomized words which don't look even slightly believable. If you are going to use a passage of Lorem Ipsum, you need to be sure there isn't anything embarrassing hidden in the middle of text. All the Lorem Ipsum generators on the Internet tend to repeat predefined chunks as necessary, making this the first true generator on the Internet. It uses a dictionary of over 200 Latin words, combined with a handful of model sentence structures, to generate Lorem Ipsum which looks reasonable. The generated Lorem Ipsum is therefore always free from repetition, injected humour, or non-characteristic words etc.

Code:
[centerblock=75][font=Frank Ruhl Libre][bg=;
min-height: 100px;
padding: 20px 20px 0px 10px;
color: aliceblue;
font-size: 40px;
font-weight: bold;
text-transform: uppercase;
line-height: 120%;
background: linear-gradient(rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.15), rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.15)), url(https://cdn.pixabay.com/photo/2019/02/14/07/28/painting-3995999_1280.jpg);
background-attachment: fixed;]

[font=Amiri]Fixed Background[/font]
[/bg]

[bg=;
min-height: 100px;
padding: 20px 20px 0px 10px;
color: aliceblue;
font-size: 40px;
font-weight: bold;
text-transform: uppercase;
line-height: 120%;
background: linear-gradient(rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.15), rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.15)), url(https://cdn.pixabay.com/photo/2019/02/14/07/28/painting-3995999_1280.jpg);
background-attachment: fixed;]

[font=Amiri]Background Fixed[/font]
[/bg]
[/font][/centerblock]

Last edited:
The point was to make the headers look like sticky notes, and I think I've mostly done it.

Again, same as up above, if you want more boxes, copy-paste the center parts, and if you want a different font, there's only one font tag in the entire code so it should be fairly easy to change.

I'm 90% certain this is mobile friendly.

Red

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum.

Orange

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum.

Yellow

Code:
[font=Mukta][bg=;
width: 75%;
color: #751a2c;
background: rgba(255, 228, 225, 0.75);][bg=;
left: -10%;
min-width: 170px;
max-width: 18%;
color: white;
font-size: 18px;
background: #b33a3a;]Red[/bg]
[/bg]
[bg=;
color: #694400;
background: rgba(255, 240, 200, 0.75);][bg=;
background: #cf8702;]Orange[/bg]
[/bg]
[bg=;
color: #615a00;
background: rgba(255, 250, 205, 0.75);][bg=;
background: #d1be00;]Yellow[/bg]
[/bg][/font]

Last edited:
Although I've never played Pokémon, the simple Pokéball design inspired me to try to code it.

This is mobile friendly.

Pokéball
Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste natus error sit voluptatem accusantium doloremque laudantium, totam rem aperiam, eaque ipsa quae ab illo inventore veritatis et quasi architecto beatae vitae dicta sunt explicabo. Nemo enim ipsam voluptatem quia voluptas sit aspernatur aut odit aut fugit, sed quia consequuntur magni dolores eos qui ratione voluptatem sequi nesciunt. Neque porro quisquam est, qui dolorem ipsum quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non numquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem. Ut enim ad minima veniam, quis nostrum exercitationem ullam corporis suscipit laboriosam, nisi ut aliquid ex ea commodi consequatur? Quis autem vel eum iure reprehenderit qui in ea voluptate velit esse quam nihil molestiae consequatur, vel illum qui dolorem eum fugiat quo voluptas nulla pariatur?

Code:
[bg=;
top: 10px;
width: 210px;
height: 210px;
background:     #3f3d42;
z-index: 2;]
[bg=;
top: -40px;
left: -15px;
width: 220px;
height: 95px;
border-radius: 140px 140px 0 0;
background:     #ff3e32;][/bg]
[bg=;
top: -44px;
left: -15px;
width: 220px;
height: 95px;
border-radius: 0 0 140px 140px;
background:     #e9e8e8;][bg=;
top: -65px;
width: 70px;
height: 70px;
background:     #3f3d42;][bg=;
top: 10px;
width: 30px;
height: 30px;
background:     #e9e8e8;][/bg][/bg][/bg]
[/bg]
[bg=;
top: -60px;
width: 70%;
padding: 80px 30px 30px 30px;
border-radius: 20px;
color: #e9e8e8;
background:     #3f3d42;
z-index: 1;][font=Recursive][size=7][b]Pokéball[/b][/size]
Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste natus error sit voluptatem accusantium doloremque laudantium, totam rem aperiam, eaque ipsa quae ab illo inventore veritatis et quasi architecto beatae vitae dicta sunt explicabo. Nemo enim ipsam voluptatem quia voluptas sit aspernatur aut odit aut fugit, sed quia consequuntur magni dolores eos qui ratione voluptatem sequi nesciunt. Neque porro quisquam est, qui dolorem ipsum quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non numquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem. Ut enim ad minima veniam, quis nostrum exercitationem ullam corporis suscipit laboriosam, nisi ut aliquid ex ea commodi consequatur? Quis autem vel eum iure reprehenderit qui in ea voluptate velit esse quam nihil molestiae consequatur, vel illum qui dolorem eum fugiat quo voluptas nulla pariatur?
[/font][/bg]

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back