• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Ambiloquous

Graphic Fanatic
Roleplay Type(s)

An Intro

Yo, Ami here. I adore multiple shades of blue-green, as you can probably already tell, and I'm an enthusiastic devotee to anything called dessert.

From the day I stepped foot upon RPNation grounds ‘til today, I’ve never managed to properly roleplay one-on-one. After days of wandering other people’s threads and being a dithering little fopdoodle, I decided to make my own and hope others won’t be as hesitant in popping in as I am.

I roleplay in groups and I write when I have inspiration, so I am not at all new to this, just somewhat new to one-on-ones.

Guidelines

Semi-Literate - I want at least basic grammar, spelling, punctuation, spacing (I feel like people don’t say that enough) and all that jazz. As long as it’s readable and it doesn’t burn the eyes, I can handle a few errors.

Para to Multi-Para Post Length - 1 – 5 paragraphs is usually what I go for, and if you want my average word count (because that seems to be a popular way of showcasing post length), it should be around 200 – 300+ words. I’ve written 800+ words before and I can probably write less, but I’m not as partial to those.

Weekly Posting Schedule - I can usually do anything from every other day to weekly to bi-weekly, depending on outside factors and how much you can or want to post. There are always reasons that control how and when people post, so if you have to miss a week or two, maybe even a month, just tell me and we’ll be A-okay.

Multiple Characters - Taking on multiple characters for the sake of the story or just because you want to is perfectly fine, and I may do so as well if there is a need to.

OOC Chatter and Sharing Ideas - Talking about characters, making plans, detailing the world and general discussion is definitely appreciated, but if you’re not a fan of conversing, I likely won’t mind too much. If there are any changes or ideas you would like to see implemented though, we can definitely converse about it out as we go.

Leaving - Please try not to ghost. If you have no reason for leaving, just telling me you will is enough.

Plot Pieces

I’m not one to push for romance, mainly because I barely write it if ever, but if you want that and our characters seem to be going in that direction, I’ll try my best to do it. I’ve always wanted to dip my toes into romance, anyway.

Devil’s Henchman - Modern, Fantasy
TL; DR - A baker becomes the Devil’s henchman and shenanigans ensue.

The Devil, ruler of Hell and wearer of ostentatious reds, fights perfunctory proxy battles on the mortal plane with demons that half-heartedly covet his position on a weekly basis. After a summoning gone awry, he ends up weak and incapacitated while his enemies get a little less half-hearted and attempt to capitalize on his feeble state. As a last-ditch effort to survive the upcoming events, the Devil bestows his power onto a passerby mortal coming back from their shift at a local bakery and their bag of cooking utensils. His enemies get really confused with this new Champion that wields weaponized rolling pins, and mischief results.

▾​

Dimension-Hopping Agency - Futuristic, Sci-Fi, Possible Fantasy
TL; DR - Two employees in a dimension-travelling company work together to find their missing boss.

For a business that provides the rare intermediary services to those that cannot travel between dimensions, the [Insert Name] Agency is surprisingly destitute. The irresponsible owner of the company decides that this can’t go on and decides to stroll around dimensions until they can find a solution to their problem. They definitely weren’t leaving so they could go on a vacation, no. During a warp, technology went awry and all contact with the owner was cut off. Now, the only two available, licensed dimension travellers have to travel in person to the conveniently pre-set list of places the owner could be and bring them home.

▾​

Global Greenhouse - Apocalyptic, Possibly Modern, Possible Sci-Fi
TL; DR - Plants have taken over the world and two people try to find a rumoured utopian city.

On a warm autumn day, society as people knew it crumbled. Plants grew faster than what should have been possible, destroying buildings, wrecking homes, and even causing natural disasters. The global average temperature rose in the aftermath, killing countless from heatstroke in the first month alone. Heat resistance seems to have been gained by a crumb of the world's population, but the atmosphere continues to heat up, and now even those with resistance are dying. Word-of-mouth tells of a utopian city where humans can live safely with plants, where the temperature is mild as times before the apocalypse, and life can still go on as if the end never happened. Two stragglers join up to try and find the alleged perfect city for their own reasons.

▾​

Cubice, The Shifting World - Possible Sci-Fi, Possible Fantasy
TL; DR - A cartographer who wants to stop world destruction finds the underground dweller that holds the keys to controlling artificial tectonic plates.

Once upon a time, beings from another solar system colonized a small, uninhabitable planet through machinery and magic. As time wore on, those beings slowly went extinct, and new races formed in their place. The shifting grid of earth that was once so serviceable became unpredictable without their creators, and occupations like cartographers were placed with high importance, mapping and predicting the moving landmasses. People lived like that for eras, even as noticeable signs of the demise of the world started appearing. In the turmoil, a young cartographer goes on a quest to find the fabled keys that control the world, rumoured to be in the hands of the underground peoples, and meets the one that has them.

▾​

And More!
High-stakes, game show-esque survival games
Ancient Chinese-style fantasy martial art escapades
Garbage cleaners in a futuristic world where garbage can become sentient???

Genres

Fantasy, Futuristic, Sci-Fi, Apocalyptic, Cyberpunk, Biopunk, Modern + Fantasy, Modern + Sci-Fi, Modern + Apocalyptic, Steampunk

Final Note

Questions, comments, concerns? Do post down below.
I’m not used to being PMed, but if that’s what you prefer, I’ll take it.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back