• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern America Divided: A Political RP

I might be interested. I'm kind of a huge political geek and I'm yet to see too many RP ideas like this one.

I might be interested. I'm kind of a huge political geek and I'm yet to see too many RP ideas like this one.

That's awesome! I can shoot you the discord link, if you want. If not, that's fine, I will be making an OOC in just a sec! And yeah, there are distinct lack of political RP's. We decided to just make one ourselves, though we weren't sure how many people would actually be interested.

As always, any questions and I am here to help.

That's awesome! I can shoot you the discord link, if you want. If not, that's fine, I will be making an OOC in just a sec! And yeah, there are distinct lack of political RP's. We decided to just make one ourselves, though we weren't sure how many people would actually be interested.

As always, any questions and I am here to help.

I'm not American so I can't promise that I'll be able to get all the facts correct, but I do definitely have potential interest. My mental health has been a bit unpredictable as of late due to the pandemic so I may be flaky, but for now I'm intrigued.

I'm not American so I can't promise that I'll be able to get all the facts correct, but I do definitely have potential interest. My mental health has been a bit unpredictable as of late due to the pandemic so I may be flaky, but for now I'm intrigued.

Yeah, don't worry about it or overly stress. TYPE TYPE can attest to not really knowing the American political system. There are a couple amongst us who are hardcore into that kinda thing and can lend a hand. The irony is, right now, we're three Brits and a South African. Not exactly the most American bunch.

hey, so i was curious about this roleplay just from seeing the thread title. as i read through the synopsis, if i'm being frank, this is poorly written. whether you are american or not, this perpetuates the imperialistic view of america, and the stereotypes associated with cuba.

for starters, cuba is not a south american country. it's actually a caribbean island. and the generalization of cuba's people, and perpetuating them as the "bad guy" of this story also continues to play into the stereotypes associated with cuba here in the united states. i don't say these things lightly, but i am half cuban, and have heard first-hand of cuba's daily live and the way their government operates. even if this is a fictional revisionist history rp, portraying the cuban population as hive minded people, needing a dictator, etc. is not okay in the slightest.
i also find the line "the world had evolved enough to know what a south american authoritarian dictatorship when they saw one" quite funny, given the fact that america has been the secret dictator in south america for literally decades. sending dozens of coups, fighting and killing, to skew the political situation into something that americans could profit off of. sure, most could say it is not common knowledge that the cia backed many political movements in south america, but it comes up when you do any kind of research. and yes, i know about these topics too because i am half-peruvian, and these are experiences my family have gone through first hand.

while i don't want to discourage you from writing and exploring political topics, please do so with extensive research in order to accurately portray the countries you are talking about.

hey, so i was curious about this roleplay just from seeing the thread title. as i read through the synopsis, if i'm being frank, this is poorly written. whether you are american or not, this perpetuates the imperialistic view of america, and the stereotypes associated with cuba.

for starters, cuba is not a south american country. it's actually a caribbean island. and the generalization of cuba's people, and perpetuating them as the "bad guy" of this story also continues to play into the stereotypes associated with cuba here in the united states. i don't say these things lightly, but i am half cuban, and have heard first-hand of cuba's daily live and the way their government operates. even if this is a fictional revisionist history rp, portraying the cuban population as hive minded people, needing a dictator, etc. is not okay in the slightest.
i also find the line "the world had evolved enough to know what a south american authoritarian dictatorship when they saw one" quite funny, given the fact that america has been the secret dictator in south america for literally decades. sending dozens of coups, fighting and killing, to skew the political situation into something that americans could profit off of. sure, most could say it is not common knowledge that the cia backed many political movements in south america, but it comes up when you do any kind of research. and yes, i know about these topics too because i am half-peruvian, and these are experiences my family have gone through first hand.

while i don't want to discourage you from writing and exploring political topics, please do so with extensive research in order to accurately portray the countries you are talking about.

Hi there! Thanks for taking the time to read through the interest check, even if you have some problems with it. I don't wanna just argue and cast this away. I'd rather engage to make the situation better for everyone.

Just off the bat I would like to say that this isn't intended to generalise people. We do not think that Cubans are somehow hive minded. Dictatorship is dictatorship. This is simply what they do. Regardless of location or state. War is the distraction of despots, whether the people are for it or not. It happened with Galtieri in Argentina, and that regime didn't last long, proving that people aren't stereotyped as drones. It was simply Cuba because it was an important part of America's more hawkish past. It doesn't mean anything else. If it were the French who were coup'ed , the Portuguese, the South Africans, whomever it maybe, it's not a commentary on the people it's simply a plot device. And if it were any of those, I wouldn't make any judgements on it because there is nothing behind the intent. Neither do we believe they need the dictatorship. This situation is tyranny. No one likes tyranny. The people of Cuba don't like tyranny.

I would also say I am not sure quite what you mean on the American point. I don't disagree there. It's common knowledge the CIA essentially destroyed half the democracies of the world during the Cold War, installing fascist rulers to stem the tide of Communism. I feel like it's simply true that America has had a somewhat imperialistic past during the Cold War. If you mean we might be romanticising it, we certainly wouldn't hope so. Such things are awful. And we're not saying it's good. But again, I am confused on that point and would not wish to misrepresent what you mean.

We are simply trying to build a scenario to RP in. T.V. shows like Veep, or Designated Survivor, deal with issues such as Iran, Russia, China and the like. When they deal with them it's not an expose on the peoples psyche or a generalisation of their lives. It's a T.V. show. In the same way this is an RP. Not meant to generalise, not meant to offend, not meant to place complex situations into boxes.

Again, I am open to all critique and would happily like to work through this. Apologies for any uncomfortable situations caused. Thanks for hearing us out!

Hell yes! I’ve been waiting for something substantial and juicy on RPN to sink my teeth into since I’ve had lots of free time recently. Count me in!

Also for anyone applying I am, in fact, American. One who’s very involved in the current political climate so I’ll help you foreigners out 😉

And I thought I was TheFool.

i explained my point and bradchon responded accordingly so what was the point of saying this? there's no need to be rude.

tenor.gif

Ngl, I almost picture this as the USA playing a huge prank on the rest of the world.

Britain: "I say, good chaps, did.. Sorry gent, had to check the map, Cu-Bah, just take land of yours? Had the same thing happen to me, nasty business, showed them what for."

USA: "Cuba Too StROnk. Must gib more stuff."

Britain: "... What?"

USA: "Yep. Cuba. Too much. Must give concessions."

Britain: "But... Your Californian National Guard could kick them over in a week."

USA: "Too stronk! They got me in an arm lock! I am tapping! I am tapping!"

Cut to the USA laughing so hard it has to sit down the second its alone.Seriously, the Polandball this situation would make writes itself. Wish you luck in your RP tho! :D Hope it goes great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back