• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Amazing Race Competition Roleplay! Multi-Character!

SummerRain21171

Hey everyone! So I have an entire Amazing Race roleplay planned out but no one to roleplay it with. I typically roleplay elsewhere and I have docs and docs of information on this roleplay- from written out clues to mapped out plane rides and weather patterns and locations for every single point in the race, with images to go along. I can adjust to this forum if no one is willing to roleplay elsewhere, but I really need a partner.

So my original idea would have 12 characters each. The co-hosts of the show (basically our version of Phil, OC co-hosts), and 11 teams of contestants. We can have any combination of teams from friends to couples to people who barely know each other but decided to run the race together, to family members. I love romance plots and I'd love to have romances happen among the 24 characters, pairing them up with either their teammate or another team's member. Or even a romance with the co-hosts! But this would be a long term, literate rp. I like at least 2 paragraphs in each post. We'd be rping everything from the airport bustle to the challenges, road blocks, detours, etc. We'd even get to rp the pit stops and have them spend time together. Along the race, teams will be eliminated and sent to wait in a hotel at the final pit stop, to be a part of the finish line group. So even then, we can rp them while they wait for the race to finish up. Relationships might even break under the stress of the race. A lot of the detours and challenges have been picked from the show but from various different seasons and episodes, and a good mixture of locations.

I have all sorts of details already hammered out. We would just need to figure out our characters and start rping. I've put a lot of work into this and I'd love to see it happen, so I hope someone will be willing. I can explain more about it, too, to anyone interested. I've attached a map below of the original first race I've mapped out. It goes:

Las Vegas, Nevada, USA → Cairo, Egypt → Giza, Egypt → Luxor, Egypt → Antananarivo, Madagascar → Tamuning, Guam → Manila, Philippines → Beijing, China → Muscat, Oman → Istanbul, Turkey → Copenhagen, Denmark → Paris, France → Rio de Janeiro, Brazil → Cartagena, Colombia → Mexico City, Mexico → Montreal, Quebec, Canada → Toronto, Ontario, Canada → Lewiston, New York, USA.

Number of Legs: 13.
Non-Elimination Legs: 3.
No-Break Legs: 1.
Yields: 1.
Fast Forwards: 2.
U-Turns: 2.
Intersections: 1.
Total Miles: 45,425 Miles.

I also have templates for characters, and I encourage characters to have different strengths and weaknesses, traits, reasons for entering the race, etc.

Anyway... Hopefully someone is interested. :)

Attachments

• Whole Map.png
    Whole Map.png
    86.2 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Hmmm... intriguing, though admittedly 12 characters simultaneously would be pushing my upper limit. Most I've done is 8.

Hmmm... intriguing, though admittedly 12 characters simultaneously would be pushing my upper limit. Most I've done is 8.
They aren't aren't all simultaneous. Most scenes are broken down to a handful at a time, at most five in one scene. Because it's based on the Amazing Race, ultimately most of the teams would be arriving places at different times, at different sections of the race. But I totally understand, it is a lot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back