Other AMA - Ask me (Someone irrelevant on this website) literally anything!

There is a very high likelihood that this thread will just get drowned out by the other, more active discussions and will never be seen again but I am incredibly bored and I already did one of these on Reddit and it was very fun so I'll try it here.

You can ask me any sort of question you want an answer to whether it is asking for recommendations, my thoughts on certain things, advice and anything you can think of. If its personal, ask me with a conversation. Now I don't think that you will immediately come up with something and ask straight away. This is just for like, when you are procrastinating on RPN and need an answer/advice/help deciding/ANYTHING and you got nobody else there to ask. The questions aren't limited to ones RPN related either. It could be to do with ANYTHING and you are free to disagree with me, should the topic warrant it.

That's all I can think of for now.

Where have they hidden the Ark of the Covenant?
Ahh the mystery of the Ark's location.
To my knowledge the last biblical mention of it was when the Babylonians destroyed and plundered Jerusalem. After that point it just sort of disappears from the biblical narrative. There is no 100% correct theory as to where it is or what happened to it so there are dozens of theories and claims that it was discovered.
Some say it was lost/destroyed in battle and some say it was taken away by god himself. The most prominent one to my knowledge is that it is being kept under guard in some church in Ethiopia.

Like most things in the bible, the ark was more of a symbol than an item of actual value. The item itself was never really important at all. Just what it stood for. But if I had someone put a gun to my head and force me to guess I'd either go with it being destroyed or it never being real in the first place.

I have a difficult question....
Who thought it was a good idea to make a Dora the Explorer Live Action
And imagine how grotesque the Hunckback of Norte Dame Live Action

I have a difficult question....
Who thought it was a good idea to make a Dora the Explorer Live Action
And imagine how grotesque the Hunckback of Norte Dame Live Action
Nostalgia is a powerful thing. A feeling that filmmakers exploit all the damn time. I think this is another clear example of a show/game that doesn't fit into a movie done so simply because of the fact that its something with a preexisting audience. This means that it will draw in people who watched Dora as a kid. Not to mention how the people that did watch Dora will also be getting this movie/watching it with their potential children as well, since its been 19 years since Dora came out. A lot of people have seen or at the very least heard of Dora at some point in their lives. And thats an opportunity to make money.
Simply put, if there is a market to exploit, it will be exploited. From a viewer standpoint, making such movies with shit ideas/reboots of perfectly good films/ video game movies are just ruining the source material that we love. But if you look at it from the perspective of the people making these films, then it makes perfect sense. They make a shit ton of cash.
I hate how almost everything that is a good idea will eventually be used as a cash cow. But with there being people that give these movies the benefit of the doubt, I don't expect it to stop. Heck, some might even like it so much that they'll blindly defend it against criticism no matter what.

How do you stop procrastinating?
The funny part is I am going to be answering a question about how not to procrastinate in order to procrastinate from my studies. Its fine though. Sleep is for the weak anyways!!!

Alright. A question a lot of people have ran into at some point. How do I stop procrastinating?

First off you kinda need to get the mentality about it right. There can be a lot of reasons as to why you would put off a certain task and one of them can possibly be how you actually don't want to do it. When you think about doing something, your mind will probably automatically jump to how its such a bother and will look for any way for you to do anything else instead. I'd delve deeper into more psychological reasons and whatnot for the sake of having an interesting discussion but simply put, don't think of what you have to do, just make sure you understand why you are doing it. Think of the results. If working hard on a project is something you have to do, think about what that is going to lead to. Think of how happy you will be once you've done it and it is successful. Make sure you understand that you are doing this certain thing for something that you absolutely want. And every time you think about doing something else, you can think of the dream scenario end result where you've done the project perfectly to motivate yourself and push yourself harder.

If you already understand that however and simply need ways to force yourself to start working then we can move on to the next step of what you have to do in order to stop. Just make sure that you have motivation or a way to motivate yourself if you are seriously going to work on something. It could be as silly as giving yourself some dumb pep talk or watching an inspirational speech. Anything to get you in the mood to conquer whatever task is ahead.

In order to stop procrastinating, you kinda have to make it as easy as possible to start. If you have something overwhelming to do then you are just going to think of how difficult it is and never get started until you reach a period in time where you are like a day away from your deadline. You HAVE to make it easy. Lets say for instance that you want to make it a habit for yourself to take a 30 minute run every day. Now that might seem like a daunting task. Going out and doing an ENTIRE RUN. In order to start, you just have to make it a much easier task. Don't think of it as, you have to take a 30 minute run every day. Think of it as you have to put on your running shoes and tie them every day. You might think this is just a stupid method as you will go back to procrastinating right away but it actually works as, once you put on your running shoes you are just going to run after that anyways. Got a 5000 word paper to write? Don't think of it as a big essay you gotta take out immediately, think of it as, you just gotta take 5 minutes away from your day just to write a measly amount of 100 words because after that, you will be in the mood and mindset to continue writing and you'll get a lot more done. Make it as easy as possible to begin and make sure you "begin" every day or whatever time interval is required because once you have gotten good at beginning every day, you can work on making sure you study/work better by optimizing how you work. Working smarter so to speak, is only the second step.

And don't think that you will feel worse about doing this. You won't. You'll feel a lot better about getting all that work done. Both better for you as a person and better on your conscience.

In order to make it easier to start, you might want to break down what you are working on into small chunks. This only applies to bigger things like projects and papers but lets say you have to find some historical sources, analyze them and write an essay about them. For starters, you could make it a task to simply find the sources which would be ridiculously easy for you. I assume with you using the computer to get here, you use google and the internet regularly which would make the task ridiculously easy for you. My entire approach on eliminating procrastination is making it easy to begin.

Although I told you that thinking of how great it would be to get the perfect assignment done is a good way of motivating yourself, you gotta not be hard on yourself if you fucked up somewhere. Stressing yourself out for no reason is counter intuitive. Accept your shortcomings and focus on making them better. If you see a problem, focus on the solution, not how bad of a problem it is.

Lastly, if you have grievous issues with procrastinating then try to find someone you are going to be honest with and tell them at the end of each week or so how much you've procrastinated. It could be an online friend but having to be honest about your procrastination can bring you back into reality as heavy procrastination includes you lying to yourself to an extent. But make sure you do not lie to this person because at that point, you are going to get into this false reality of thinking you actually work hard and will try to keep the lie up. This other person thing is only a last resort though. It is basically giving someone else your leash. Only do so when there is no other way.

Could you tell me when and how I was mean to you?
The way I act on here does come across as "mean" to some people though.
no no i was just joking o';
you're not mean,,!! i didn't know you were going to take it seriously-

The funny part is I am going to be answering a question about how not to procrastinate in order to procrastinate from my studies. Its fine though. Sleep is for the weak anyways!!!

Alright. A question a lot of people have ran into at some point. How do I stop procrastinating?

First off you kinda need to get the mentality about it right. There can be a lot of reasons as to why you would put off a certain task and one of them can possibly be how you actually don't want to do it. When you think about doing something, your mind will probably automatically jump to how its such a bother and will look for any way for you to do anything else instead. I'd delve deeper into more psychological reasons and whatnot for the sake of having an interesting discussion but simply put, don't think of what you have to do, just make sure you understand why you are doing it. Think of the results. If working hard on a project is something you have to do, think about what that is going to lead to. Think of how happy you will be once you've done it and it is successful. Make sure you understand that you are doing this certain thing for something that you absolutely want. And every time you think about doing something else, you can think of the dream scenario end result where you've done the project perfectly to motivate yourself and push yourself harder.

If you already understand that however and simply need ways to force yourself to start working then we can move on to the next step of what you have to do in order to stop. Just make sure that you have motivation or a way to motivate yourself if you are seriously going to work on something. It could be as silly as giving yourself some dumb pep talk or watching an inspirational speech. Anything to get you in the mood to conquer whatever task is ahead.

In order to stop procrastinating, you kinda have to make it as easy as possible to start. If you have something overwhelming to do then you are just going to think of how difficult it is and never get started until you reach a period in time where you are like a day away from your deadline. You HAVE to make it easy. Lets say for instance that you want to make it a habit for yourself to take a 30 minute run every day. Now that might seem like a daunting task. Going out and doing an ENTIRE RUN. In order to start, you just have to make it a much easier task. Don't think of it as, you have to take a 30 minute run every day. Think of it as you have to put on your running shoes and tie them every day. You might think this is just a stupid method as you will go back to procrastinating right away but it actually works as, once you put on your running shoes you are just going to run after that anyways. Got a 5000 word paper to write? Don't think of it as a big essay you gotta take out immediately, think of it as, you just gotta take 5 minutes away from your day just to write a measly amount of 100 words because after that, you will be in the mood and mindset to continue writing and you'll get a lot more done. Make it as easy as possible to begin and make sure you "begin" every day or whatever time interval is required because once you have gotten good at beginning every day, you can work on making sure you study/work better by optimizing how you work. Working smarter so to speak, is only the second step.

And don't think that you will feel worse about doing this. You won't. You'll feel a lot better about getting all that work done. Both better for you as a person and better on your conscience.

In order to make it easier to start, you might want to break down what you are working on into small chunks. This only applies to bigger things like projects and papers but lets say you have to find some historical sources, analyze them and write an essay about them. For starters, you could make it a task to simply find the sources which would be ridiculously easy for you. I assume with you using the computer to get here, you use google and the internet regularly which would make the task ridiculously easy for you. My entire approach on eliminating procrastination is making it easy to begin.

Although I told you that thinking of how great it would be to get the perfect assignment done is a good way of motivating yourself, you gotta not be hard on yourself if you fucked up somewhere. Stressing yourself out for no reason is counter intuitive. Accept your shortcomings and focus on making them better. If you see a problem, focus on the solution, not how bad of a problem it is.

Lastly, if you have grievous issues with procrastinating then try to find someone you are going to be honest with and tell them at the end of each week or so how much you've procrastinated. It could be an online friend but having to be honest about your procrastination can bring you back into reality as heavy procrastination includes you lying to yourself to an extent. But make sure you do not lie to this person because at that point, you are going to get into this false reality of thinking you actually work hard and will try to keep the lie up. This other person thing is only a last resort though. It is basically giving someone else your leash. Only do so when there is no other way.

Wow, that’s a lot more advice than I expected. I just wanted some advice to quit slacking on some roleplay responses and character sheets I want to make.

Consider the polar equation r(3 − k cos θ) = 4
  1. For what values of the constant k is this conic section an ellipse?
  2. Now assume that k has the value in the middle of the interval found in question 1. Determine the location of the focus and directrix of this conic
    section.
  3. Sketch the graph of this conic section which shows the focus, directrix and vertices.

Consider the polar equation r(3 − k cos θ) = 4
  1. For what values of the constant k is this conic section an ellipse?
  2. Now assume that k has the value in the middle of the interval found in question 1. Determine the location of the focus and directrix of this conic
    section.
  3. Sketch the graph of this conic section which shows the focus, directrix and vertices.

1) 0<k< 3
2) The directrix is 8/3
The focus is (8/9,0)
The / denote fractions.
I can't be arsed to sketch m8. sry

Sorry if that came off as a little harsh.

Also, since this a question-asking thread, what's the most difficult thing you've had to roleplay?
Didn't come off harsh. I didn't mean to sound defensive.

Also the thing with my roleplaying on this website is that every single character I make is an extension of my personality in a way. I exagerate a part of who I am and base the character solely on that. So it is very easy for me to play as my characters. The difficulty comes in when my mood has changed IRL where I can no longer play as that character comfortably. I just quit the rps when this happens. So my basic answer to the question is nothing since I quit all rps that become difficult to rp.

Didn't come off harsh. I didn't mean to sound defensive.

Also the thing with my roleplaying on this website is that every single character I make is an extension of my personality in a way. I exagerate a part of who I am and base the character solely on that. So it is very easy for me to play as my characters. The difficulty comes in when my mood has changed IRL where I can no longer play as that character comfortably. I just quit the rps when this happens. So my basic answer to the question is nothing since I quit all rps that become difficult to rp.

Ok. Enough roleplaying business. Have you ever had some of these bad boys?

1382541365213.jpeg

Do kind guys exist?
how can you find the right specific people who have characters you want to rp with?

Do kind guys exist?
how can you find the right specific people who have characters you want to rp with?
Every single type of guy exists. You just have to look in the right places.
And to the second question, although my advice should be taken with a pinch of salt as I am fairly inexperienced with rping, is to make an rp partner search that is as detailed as possible. This way you will get people that are as close to what you want as possible.
The thing is, all rps die eventually. That is the sad truth. Most rps die days or at most a week within their creation, with only a few surviving until they die too. The only way you can find a long lasting rp is by sheer luck at this point.

Every single type of guy exists. You just have to look in the right places.
And to the second question, although my advice should be taken with a pinch of salt as I am fairly inexperienced with rping, is to make an rp partner search that is as detailed as possible. This way you will get people that are as close to what you want as possible.
The thing is, all rps die eventually. That is the sad truth. Most rps die days or at most a week within their creation, with only a few surviving until they die too. The only way you can find a long lasting rp is by sheer luck at this point.
I feel like theres no right place to look
:/ oh ok

Users who are viewing this thread

Back