• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

Answered am I too edgy for this site?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ladnavar

Magic Eight Ball
yesterday I wrote a word that is considered a racial slur, which I like to use as a 'Bro' substitute, and it became 'i'm uncultured'
other than this censorship almost triggering me (which it didn't, caz it was funny) I am honestly worried now
i might be too edgy!
are swear words and sexual innuendos (suggesting sex, without showing or writing "private" details) are those also things that might be censored?

im asking because this is a site about art, about writing, and I'm still very new here but I hope I find the balance of censorship lenient in the future

Innuendos aren't necessarily censored depending on the words involved. Swear words are not censored, unless they're racial or sexual slurs or that kind of thing. If you have a question about a particular word, you can always make a post in My Private Workshop and see what passes the filter. (Please note that using alternate spellings, punctuation, etc. to bypass the filter is not allowed and may get you in trouble.) Anything that isn't changed, is probably fine. (Except for those "private" details you mentioned, naturally, due to the site's no-erotic-content rules.)

I like to think of the filter as a guardian angel of sorts. Maybe you don't mean to say something offensive while using certain words but because many people might find it offensive, the guardian angel is saving you from drama.

In countries like China the press is encouraged to self censor i.e. make a list of stuff that they all agree to never under any circumstance mention, even in passing, let's say for example the word Taiwan. Perhaps, this is something you might consider practicing from now i, I know it helps me out a ton. ^_^

Censorship on a writing site always seemed odd to me. Sure, people should not be twats out of character, but putting censorship in place only limits what characters can say. For example, I have a character on another site who is fiercely homophobic. He despises the LGBT+ community and is not afraid to call them out for behaviour he deems to be degenerate. He is also not above referring to them by certain slurs and that should be able to be freely expressed. Besides, one can write a certain kind of character without being a certain way themselves. I mean, just because I write a homophobic twat it doesn't mean I'm a homophobic twat.

Censorship on a writing site always seemed odd to me. Sure, people should not be twats out of character, but putting censorship in place only limits what characters can say. For example, I have a character on another site who is fiercely homophobic. He despises the LGBT+ community and is not afraid to call them out for behaviour he deems to be degenerate. He is also not above referring to them by certain slurs and that should be able to be freely expressed. Besides, one can write a certain kind of character without being a certain way themselves. I mean, just because I write a homophobic twat it doesn't mean I'm a homophobic twat.
yeah I feel you on that.
I understand why the admins have these rules in place (they dont need MORE WORK nor any legal problems)... the only thing is.... Im on a lot of american websites and none ever had such strict censorship xD I feel like im in a kitty pool here xD

I once roleplayed a catholic innocent girl.
Im none of that but hey, yall can freely associate me to that character I dont mind :lenny:
I once roleplayed a pompous maniac who murders ppl for fun. Ya'll can freely associate me to that character, although the FBI might mind.

Since the original question had been already answered and the thread went too much into off-topic, it will now be locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back