• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

FragmentedPhosphor

Anxious At All Times
Hey there! I've decided to dust off my old account and get to looking for a few casual to advanced roleplays with a few people.

• First and foremost, I am a semi-detailed writer. Depending on how much is happening and how much I have to work with, my responses average anywhere from 5-8 paragraphs. I do not expect every response to be so chock-full of detail that Tolkien would be jealous, but please no one-liners or single paragraphs. Also, please do not use text talk within the response unless the plot has the correct context for it. I totally understand typos and other mistakes, and I absolutely adore stylistic rule bending, but I would appreciate the gratuitous use of spell checker and proofreading for most responses.

• OOC chat is a huge part of most of my RPs, so I would prefer you be comfortable with chatting and plotting OOC in between replies when you have the time. I love hearing all about my RP partner's ideas for what could happen next, any scenelets you would like to include, and pretty much anything you'd like to talk about! I usually set up a separate PM for OOC chatter, however, since it tends not to clog up the RP itself too much that way.

• I only RP in PMs. It just makes things easier for me.

• I do not do fandom, unfortunately. I would prefer to work with original characters in original settings, although settings or characters heavily inspired by other media are more than welcome.

• LGBTQ+ pairings and characters are welcomed and encouraged! I am comfortable playing any character of any gender with any variation of romantic interests, and enjoy exploring queer relationships, both romantic and platonic, in my RPs. So MxM, FxF, MxF, and gender nonconforming pairings are more than welcome in any RP I participate in.

• I do not code. At all. You are more than welcome to do so, but my responses will be a lot like this thread- the fanciest I will get is bullet point lists and italicized and bold words.

• And finally, I cannot stress enough that I am a slow responder. I will try to get my responses up at least 2-4 times a week, but I manage three different locations at work and life has a unique way of tripping me up just when I get into the groove of writing. If I haven't responded in a couple days, feel free to message me about it, though! There's a fair chance I thought I had already sent the response and didn't bother to check if my assumption was right.

Now that we've slogged through all that, let's get to the fun part. Lists.

Original Plots/Genre Plots

Medieval Fantasy:

A Simple Job: Muse A is an assassin. Not one of the best, but good enough that when their next target is a nobody from a small village who, as far as they can tell, never even left their hometown, they got suspicious and decide against their better judgement to investigate Muse B before they kill them. Muse B, however, is tied up in a much more complex web of magic, duty, heritage and the occult than their small village life lets on, and soon Muse A is faced with a decision they've never before had to make; let Muse B live at the risk of their own life and attempt to join up with them, or kill them and unleash a potentially world-altering evil loose from its bounds, and hope their pay carries them far enough away from the event zone to be safe?

Court Politics Are Always A Pain In The Ass:Muse A is a knight. They have received word of a noble's child, Muse B, who was kidnapped by a fearsome dragon and taken away to its lair. Muse B's parents, coincidentally, are offering a large sum of gold, a parcel of land, and the hand of their descendant, if both parties so wish it, if said child is returned to them unharmed. The mission seems straightforwards enough-- kill the dragon, return the noble, get rewarded with enough land and money to never have to wander again. Unfortunately, things are never that simple, and Muse A soon finds themselves knee-deep in inter-family politics, a potential double-crossing, Muse B's issues with returning, and an uncooperative dragon barely experienced enough to know what they are doing.

Modern Fantasy:
Of Hunters And Friends: For as long as Muse A can remember, the world has hated them for what they are. Mages have always been seen as a threat to society as a whole, and as such have been hunted to near-extinction since written history has existed-- which poses a problem to Muse A, considering they have been a mage for most of their life. The only thing that has kept Muse A alive has been the illegal travelling market they joined a while back, and even then they have had some close scrapes with Hunters-- government sanctioned sting teams specifically trained to hunt down and murder those who could control magic. Muse B is one such Hunter, but with a twist-- they have latent, unawakened power within them as well, that not even they know exist. Muse B is sent after Muse A with orders, as usual, to kill. Muse A discovers Muse B's power exists during an encounter they barely survive. Problems ensue.

Not Your Chosen One: For as long as Muse A has known, they've had.... abilities that others did not. While this created some issues growing up, Muse A is now a well-adjusted adult with a job, their own apartment, and a well-honed reflex to ignore anything particularly magical they might see in their day to day life. Unfortunately, Muse A's abilities had one side effect they had long since grown tired of-- they were infrequently contacted by people from other worlds, claiming they were the Chosen One who could save their realm. Muse B is one such person, sent here to save their world from the peril it is surely in and decidedly not leaving until Muse A joins them. It is confoundedly more difficult, however, when Muse B realizes Muse A has absolutely no interest in throwing away the life they worked so hard to build for someone they hardly know, and is rather jaded about the whole idea of being a 'Chosen One' in the first place.

Retirement Never Lasts: Muse A is a retired hitman-- they have been for the past five years, settling down on the outskirts of a desert town in the middle of nowhere after a particularly ludicrous job gave them enough money to never worry about anything else for the rest of their natural life. So far, they have been enjoying their retirement immensely, having become a staple figure in their community and settling nicely into a small town life. All that is quite nicely disrupted when Muse B, an underfed and injured teen with wild hair and even wilder stories of a monster in the sands and magic that had brought them halfway across the world, shows up at Muse A's doorstep. Soon enough they are reluctantly involved in a plot much bigger than any job they had ever handled, in way over their head and no choice but to push forwards, if only to protect Muse B. (Note: This one is a platonic-only plot.)

Futuristic Science Fiction/Fantasy:

The Cobalt Papers: Muse A never really liked their city, and at this point they were pretty sure the feeling was mutual. But with no other planet cheap enough to pick up and move to, and a struggling P.I. business as their only income, Muse A has little choice but to stay on Triton's largest bio-dome, New Sonas. When Muse A's first big job in weeks goes wrong, however, they are forced to join up with Muse B, an enigmatic thief hired by the same person who hired Muse A and who seems to know far more than they would ever let on. With the clock ticking to find results before Muse A's client pulls their funding and Muse B seeming to be more interested in pushing Muse A's buttons than actually helping, Muse A is certain they're not getting paid enough for a job that just seems to give more questions than answers, no matter how far they dig.

More original plots will be added over time. If I haven't listed something here that you would like to run, feel free to drop me a PM! I'm always open to new ideas. If you have any questions about any of the plots I have listed, feel free to leave a comment or drop me a PM as well.

Last edited:
Wow, you should really consider turning one of these plot ideas into a YA novel. They sound amazing!

Hey there, I have a definitely interest playing Muse B of Court Politics. Cool to bop into your DMs to maybe work a couple details before starting?

Hey I'm really interested in playing as Muse A in "Of Hunters and Friends" or "Not Your Chosen One"
Whichever one is still open/you have more of a want to play out right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back