• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings Always looking / Advanced search

Emotional Enigma

Empathetic Empress
Hello!
My name is Emotional Enigma, I'm a senior college student and I'm 22. I search for partners with dominant personalities.
I have a specific RP in mind and I was trying to get it started awhile ago but someone ghosted me (very aggravating). I encourage doubling up if you'd like since I will have to have many side characters to keep the story moving. I have no preference playing Character A or Character B, usually depends on which plot we do. Please, if you aren't feeling the RP just genuinely tell me, "Hey, this RP is dragging and feeling really slow so I'm actually going to call it quits". I will totally understand, sometimes RPs die. With that being said, any help to the RP is appreciated from my partner. I want this to be a cooperative effort. I have a pretty good idea of how things are going to go but things don't always go as planned so if by chance things get a little derailed, then please assist me on getting them back on track and don't let the RP just go into another dimension.
On another note, my RPs all sound kind of similar. I apologize for that, I just have a type of genre I fancy. But most of the plots center around "Dark Courts" which are gatherings of demons and vampires and other baddies. If you don't like playing the bad character you won't like these =(

I usually:
-Play Female characters
-Double Up
-Respond in 3-4 paragraphs
-Very active, probably will respond every day, sometimes even twice or three times a day

The main points I want in a partner for this RP:
- Darker type of feel
- Dominant
- Male character (I do FxM only)
- Responds at least 2 times a week
- At least 2 paragraphs in each response
- Be innovative, take the RP places without relying on me to hold your hand through it
- Be determined and ready for a fight
-18+ years of age (mature)
-Long, Detailed responses

Feel free to message me with any ideas or discussions if you're interested. And please let me know what's up. If you have things going on, give me ball park when you'll be able to respond and if you don't at that time, try to shoot me another message so I'm not in the dark. I get very aggravated sitting and wondering what's going on after 3 weeks of no response. That being said, I will no longer hunt people down for responses. I used to give out weekly check ins when I didn't get responses after 2 weeks with no response just to see if people were still interested but seeing as that hasn't garnered any favor I'm not doing it anymore.

1356.png
Character A (or CA) has ascended a gang ladder to finally being leader after struggles and various obstacles. To solidify his gang's presence, he needs one valuable item from a private collector and aims to leave his mark everywhere. He acquires rare items to sell back for a massive amount of wealth, almost like a heist gang. Trouble is, he has a ton of rare items but this one item he wants he has no information on it's whereabouts. He has a lead of someone who might know where it's located but cornering the person proves difficult, as they are aware of the gang's presence and are always surrounded by guards. They make an effort to be anywhere the gang isn't.
Character B (or CB) is an investigator. She goes undercover for the gang as a personal waitress. Whenever he returns to his home or holds gang related events, she is present as well. He's been conducting himself rather secretly until one day he shoots someone execution style at the gang's headquarters. Upon seeing this CB wants out of the operation but her superiors aren't letting her as she's the closest they've ever gotten to nailing the crime lord. Things get even more intense when CA learns that someone leaked information to his person of interest, causing them to not appear at a party he had planned to go to in order to get them alone. Now his ideal plan A has been foiled and he's angry.
videoblocks-close-up-of-a-woman-stands-by-the-window-hands-on-glass_b8cpf8scm_thumbnail-small01.jpg
CA is a child born in captivity. They have only ever known the walls of the lab assisted environment; controlled and always safe. They've had multiple tests done on them since they were born inside the facility know as Nova Core. Nova Core has been recruiting and using specials for varieties of tasks, mostly militarily operated, under the noses of general society. CA has powers unlike any human ever and while there are others, they refuse to be caught. CA is the only existing special one in captivity. Now that they are 18, their genetic code is changing, growing stronger. One day the lab explodes mysteriously, allowing CA to escape their small confines. But they know nothing of the outside world or it's gadgets nor do they have anywhere to go. They meet a stranger who knows nothing of CA's power but has taken it upon themselves to help the person.
CB is an assassin. Trained to eliminate any threats and neutralize any enemies. Once CA escapes the Nova Lab, a distress signal is sent out. It is CB's job to find and either kill or bring CA back to headquarters to face captivity once more, but CA does not plan to go quietly and their newly acquired friend isn't backing down either. CB may also have powers but they are mostly unknown.
(^^^Craving!!!)
grimoire-book-of-shadows-bw-12-illustration.jpg
CA was once part of a long ancestry of witches. Their mother, as the heir to the leader of the coven, had fallen ill though and passed away. The throne was passed onto CA's aunt despite CA's disdain for them. The coven takes root in the middle of a town in giant mansion where all the members reside. A disastrous event takes place at the home and CA's aunt frames them for the happenings and thus expels them from the coven. Being cut off from their main supply of magic CA struggles to live on their own. The Right of Bearers is quickly approaching now; a yearly test between competitors of the coven to assign leadership. In an attempt to prepare and possibly even steal some magical relics for a boost, CA summons a demon, CB. The demon summoned however is stronger than they anticipated and they find it difficult to control them with very little magic at their disposal. Now they must send the demon back before something worse happens, but they'll need more power for that. Perhaps it'll have to wait until after the Right of Bearers?
original.gif
CA is one of the first of a small group of humans to transfer in to a formerly all-vampire boarding school. CA and their human counterparts are selected to attend this school not only for their impressive GPAs but also because of their rare blood types. Tuition for the human students will be paid by means of bi-weekly blood draws administered by the school nurse; this blood will be rationed and used as nutrition for the predominantly-vampire student body. For the safety of the humans, vampire students are by no means allowed to drink directly from their classmates.. or at least they’re not supposed to.
Soon bad things start happening at the school. The mixing of blood never turns out well. It's vampires vs humans, let the games begin. Bullying is an all time high and an unknown suspect begins bullying CA and her friends.
CB is a nice vampire and quite popular with students. When they're accused of being the ring leader for the bully antics by CA, they become angered or worried. Soon, CB begins getting bullied as well from dead rabbits in their locker to missing gym clothes.
View attachment 442026
CA is coming of age in their magical family. On their 18th birthday, they learn what element (water, air, earth, or fire) they have been gifted with. CA has been under the impression and hope that they will have inherited the same element that their parents and grandparents have been blessed with, however they come to discover that they have been bestowed with the opposite element. According to rules set forth in the family’s grimoire, CA must learn to master their gift from a witch/warlock who possesses the same elemental power as they do. CB, who has the same element as CA, becomes CA's reluctant mentor. CB is brilliant and powerful, but lacks in the department of manners and compassion, especially when CA shows difficulty harnessing their new abilities. CB is condescending and impatient often without provocation. One day, CA meets their wit’s end with CB’s treatment and they demand to know why CB is so hostile toward them. CB reveals that they come from rival families and they are only teaching CA due to the terms of a 1,000 year old truce. Once CA has mastered their gift, however, the ceasefire will be over. And the families will once again be at odds.
bleeding_hand-wide.jpg
What would you do to save the one you love? CA's lover made some not great choices, dabbling in the dark arts. Unfortunately, their time of reckoning had come and they were dragged into supernatural court affairs. After borrowing power from the Dark Court, full of vampires and werewolves and many creatures of the like, now they are bound to serve them. CA must find a way to free their lover from the binds of the court but it will not be easy. How far will CA be willing to go? CB is the leader of this court, the one with whom will need the most convincing. CA's lover is highly regarded in modern life; a rich man and celebrity. It would better serve CB to keep their toy on a tight leash as they will be useful when mortals are in high demand for the court. They would be most foolish to give up their only trump card all because of the useless whims and cries of mortal such as CA. But what happens when CB begins to fancy CA?
View attachment 445649
CA is a prince/princess. However, they have lived in the castle their whole lives never knowing about the outside world. In a fit of rage after realizing they are to be married, they storm away from the castle into unknown territory. CB, a leader of their group of poor misfits, is being held captive by a group of bandits when they first lay eyes on the royalty. Despite CA's pleadings that they are from the kingdom, the bandits don't believe them and chain them up in at their camp alongside CB. CB believes that CA is royalty, the bandits not being the smartest missing obvious clues of the fact. The characters are taken away from the kingdom to a far destination. CA is completely out of their element. CB is a skilled thief and figures out a way to release themselves, but will they help CA get back home or will they hold them for ransom? Or both?
View attachment 447292
Some ancient books are printed in only gibberish, and the only man in the world who can read gibberish just died. The world split in half—right down the middle—and no one knows why. The only scientist with answers has been kidnapped. Could these coincidences be connected? Shortly after these tragedies, demonic, black monsters began to arise out of the gigantic crack in the world. It fell into chaos with cities being abandoned, people being snacked on by the monsters, and very few rising up to fight. CA is one o the few who chose to fight off the attack but there's still thousands around the world. They are determined to find the cause until they meet CB. CB appears out of nowhere near one of the giant cracks in the earth. No one has ventured close to the cracks for fear of the monsters spilling out and killing them, but CB stands idly nearby. CA musters the courage to pull CB away from the crack and back to a small and safe community but upon questioning CB, CB has no recollection of who they are or where they came from. All they have is their name.
032.JPG
CA lives with their family on a large estate. They love wildlife and are quiet the catch except that they haven't seemed to find anyone they're attracted to. One day, CB has car troubles on the road. They knock on CA's door for help and the evening of special night; CA's grandfather's birthday. The whole family is there and some members even tell CA to turn the person away but CA begs grandfather to allow them to stay the night since the weather seems to be getting bad. A heavy snowstorm hits, preventing anyone from leaving the estate. Towards the end of the night as CA and CB are growing close, grandfather meets his untimely demise. It was found that he has been poisoned. All the family members blame CB for the murder but in reality, someone a part of the family was actually the culprit. Unable to phone police due to the bad weather, everyone is on edge. Will CB help find the killer or will they too fall to their demise?
Pelleass_Blood_Pact.pngPelleas_blood_pact_mark.png
CA's country and CB's country are on the brink of war. They hold a meeting to arrange a peace treaty, but CB doesn't want just a peace treaty. CB wants land and resources, so they propose a wedding. If CA marries, CB will sign the peace treaty. If CA refuses, then CB will annihilate what's left of their country. CA can't afford to continue the war, their people are dying and their side is losing. Either they marry and try to rebuild everything they've lost, or refuse and lose everything from their culture to their land. CB is not known for their mercy or kindness, they are known for their ruthless tactics and demonic ways. Their land is home to that of the majestic dragons and thus, their leader is just as terrifying and intimidating. CA's land is home to faeries and witches, naturalistic rituals. A combination of their cultures will surely destroy the sanctity of the fey life and they are not the warriors that CB's people are. Can they really come together in harmony? What will become of their lands? Will they choose marriage or try and work out another plan?
37aa6bb31019eb7ee0100aad984b90dd.jpg
CA lives in a town called Dahl Ren. A small village that has it's gates closed to everyone not of royal sentient heritage. It is a royal and sacred village for only those who have what is called The Sight. The Sight allows people to see into the past and into the future in fragments and riddles. They serve as leaders for most of the continent as having The Sight allows for opportune advantages. What happens however when the young trainees of The Sight begin to go missing and different pacts of people start inching closer to their walls? Vampires, werewolves, fey, and regular humans alike are jealous of the opportunities and luxuries The Sighted people are given. Battles over land and territory wage outside their gates and they turn a blind eye, willing to help no one. The Sighted leader of Dahl Ren is found one day dead from poisoning and CA's best friend is put on trial. CA must venture outside of the gates to find help, someone with better senses and more knowledge to free their friend or clear their name.
CB is from the outside. They live in a neighboring town that invites all types of people but Dahl Ren is demanding they push further North. Dahl Ren dislikes their presence and if they refuse to leave, they are prepared to take the territory by force, not caring for the lives of those lost. CB's life is here, will they stay and fight Dahl Ren or leave?

CA goes to school like an average teenager. But unlike other teenagers, they work for a demonic court; luring in people to join their forces and thrive in the life of sin. The lifestyle of selling drugs from the underworld, surviving off of the pleasures life has to give and the power that comes in controlling people is addicting and the withdrawal deadly. Their boss is not very lenient with CA's missions. Either do the objective or someone suffers. Their boss, also known as Lucifer or Dia when in public, rules with an iron fist. Relying on a complicated system of allying ties between different races and areas of creatures, he will not accept failure.
Things become complicated when a new student enters the school district and the boss has taken a liking to them. The boss orders CA to gnab them but CA is reluctant. Unbeknownst to CA, the new student CB is vying for their attention on purpose. They need to get into the court, into the dark happenings to learn their secrets and take them down. Cb's whole purpose on their mission is to learn as much as they can and plant seeds that will destroy the court. Overthrow Dia possibly? Eliminate their supply of foot soldiers? Destroy their revenue?
CB works for their own organization of otherworldly creatures that have a stake in Dia's downfall. Through constant meetings with CB's organization, will they slip up and expose themselves to CA? What will CA do if they find out?
(^^^Craving!!!!)

Any ideas you have, please feel free to message me!
I also have a hard time enjoying a plot if it's not well planned out.​

Last edited:
Hey, I’d be interested in discussing this a little more and maybe doing a double roleplay so we both play one male and one female. Contact me if your still looking :)

Hey man! Zombie roleplay bud!
Y'know im actually super interested in this if you'll have me :^)

Hello there, I really liked the mastery plot, if you're still looking for someone for that.
Pm me if you're interested, I'm still below 10 posts^^

Inter
Hello!
My name is Emotional Enigma, I'm a senior college student and I'm 22. I search for partners with dominant personalities.
I have a specific RP in mind and I was trying to get it started awhile ago but someone ghosted me (very aggravating). I encourage doubling up if you'd like since I will have to have many side characters to keep the story moving. I have no preference playing Character A or Character B, usually depends on which plot we do. Please, if you aren't feeling the RP just genuinely tell me, "Hey, this RP is dragging and feeling really slow so I'm actually going to call it quits". I will totally understand, sometimes RPs die. With that being said, any help to the RP is appreciated from my partner. I want this to be a cooperative effort. I have a pretty good idea of how things are going to go but things don't always go as planned so if by chance things get a little derailed, then please assist me on getting them back on track and don't let the RP just go into another dimension.

I usually:
-Play Female characters
-Double Up
-Respond in 3-4 paragraphs
-Very active, probably will respond every day, sometimes even twice or three times a day

The main points I want in a partner for this RP:
- Darker type of feel
- Dominant
- Male character (I do FxM, but you can be whatever gender you please in real life, hahaha <3 )
- Responds at least 2-3 times a week
- 3-4 paragraphs in each response
- Be innovative, take the RP places without relying on me to hold your hand through it
- Be determined and ready for a fight
-18+ years of age (mature)
-Detailed responses

Feel free to message me with any ideas or discussions if you're interested.

View attachment 442020
Character A (or CA) has ascended a gang ladder to finally being leader after struggles and various obstacles. To solidify his gang's presence, he needs one valuable item from a private collector and aims to leave his mark everywhere. He acquires rare items to sell back for a massive amount of wealth, almost like a heist gang. Trouble is, he has a ton of rare items but this one item he wants he has no information on it's whereabouts. He has a lead of someone who might know where it's located but cornering the person proves difficult, as they are aware of the gang's presence and are always surrounded by guards. They make an effort to be anywhere the gang isn't.
Character B (or CB) is an investigator. She goes undercover for the gang as a personal waitress. Whenever he returns to his home or holds gang related events, she is present as well. He's been conducting himself rather secretly until one day he shoots someone execution style at the gang's headquarters. Upon seeing this CB wants out of the operation but her superiors aren't letting her as she's the closest they've ever gotten to nailing the crime lord. Things get even more intense when CA learns that someone leaked information to his person of interest, causing them to not appear at a party he had planned to go to in order to get them alone. Now his ideal plan A has been foiled and he's angry.

View attachment 442023
CA is a child born in captivity. They have only ever known the walls of the lab assisted environment; controlled and always safe. They've had multiple tests done on them since they were born inside the facility know as Nova Core. Nova Core has been recruiting and using specials for varieties of tasks, mostly militarily operated, under the noses of general society. CA has powers unlike any human ever and while there are others, they refuse to be caught. CA is the only existing special one in captivity. Now that they are 18, their genetic code is changing, growing stronger. One day the lab explodes mysteriously, allowing CA to escape their small confines. But they know nothing of the outside world or it's gadgets nor do they have anywhere to go. They meet a stranger who knows nothing of CA's power but has taken it upon themselves to help the person.
CB is an assassin. Trained to eliminate any threats and neutralize any enemies. Once CA escapes the Nova Lab, a distress signal is sent out. It is CB's job to find and either kill or bring CA back to headquarters to face captivity once more, but CA does not plan to go quietly and their newly acquired friend isn't backing down either. CB may also have powers but they are mostly unknown.

View attachment 442022
CA is one of the first of a small group of humans to transfer in to a formerly all-vampire boarding school. CA and their human counterparts are selected to attend this school not only for their impressive GPAs but also because of their rare blood types. Tuition for the human students will be paid by means of bi-weekly blood draws administered by the school nurse; this blood will be rationed and used as nutrition for the predominantly-vampire student body. For the safety of the humans, vampire students are by no means allowed to drink directly from their classmates.. or at least they’re not supposed to.
Soon bad things start happening at the school. The mixing of blood never turns out well. It's vampires vs humans, let the games begin. Bullying is an all time high and an unknown suspect begins bullying CA and her friends.
CB is a nice vampire and quite popular with students. When they're accused of being the ring leader for the bully antics by CA, they become angered or worried. Soon, CB begins getting bullied as well from dead rabbits in their locker to missing gym clothes.

View attachment 442021
A mix-up in paperwork gets CA sent to a same sex boarding school for the opposite sex. CA pretends to be a member of the opposite sex in order to stay at the school, hoping they don’t get discovered. Due to circumstances, CA can't return home or try to enter the school they were supposed to as the admission time has ended. Staying enrolled at this school is their only chance complete the school year.
CB is the roommate of CA in their on campus dorm.

View attachment 442026
CA is coming of age in their magical family. On their 18th birthday, they learn what element (water, air, earth, or fire) they have been gifted with. CA has been under the impression and hope that they will have inherited the same element that their parents and grandparents have been blessed with, however they come to discover that they have been bestowed with the opposite element. According to rules set forth in the family’s grimoire, CA must learn to master their gift from a witch/warlock who possesses the same elemental power as they do. CB, who has the same element as CA, becomes CA's reluctant mentor. CB is brilliant and powerful, but lacks in the department of manners and compassion, especially when CA shows difficulty harnessing their new abilities. CB is condescending and impatient often without provocation. One day, CA meets their wit’s end with CB’s treatment and they demand to know why CB is so hostile toward them. CB reveals that they come from rival families and they are only teaching CA due to the terms of a 1,000 year old truce. Once CA has mastered their gift, however, the ceasefire will be over. And the families will once again be at odds.

Any ideas you have, please feel free to message me!
I don't particularly enjoy damsel in distress plots or strictly romance plots.
I also have a hard time enjoying a plot if it's not well planned out. It puts a lot of work load on me to plan it out if it's not my idea.​
Interested in the mastery plot

These plot ideas look awesome!! Do you think you could also post a writing sample?

Hi there! Would you be interested in doing Runaway Speciality with me?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back