• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Alternate 1920+ - Diesel-punk Resistance (Blood and Rust) -- Interest Check

MythyDW

Five Thousand Club
Hello! I've been playing Iron Harvest and thought that something similar might be a fun idea to RolePlay! It's very similar to Iron Harvest/1920+, but the plot and some of the technology is different.

Military and Social technology have advanced somewhat. For example, some more advanced logistics and command, Mechs (the replacement for tanks) are a bit more common, and other vehicles see use for things such as transport. Airplanes will also see use.

In terms of social, radio and telegram are sources of news and communication. Radio is generally short ranged and orders are often sent down a chain. Social progress as well has advanced rather than regressed

The plot will focus on Central America and some young men and women (the player characters) find themselves in a desperate guerilla war in their own home country as both the North American League (NAL) and Confederacy of South America (CSA) fight to gain a foothold against one another.

The plot will be the people of Panama City in Central America fighting a resistance against both the NAL occupying force and CSA invaders.

I may allow 2 or more characters depending on how this progresses.

If you're interested, or have a question or comment, please leave a post below!​

Last edited:
In what manner? The idea was that the player characters did not have to have been in the military, but find their way into it/the squad cause of the whole two-prong invasion

Bronco Bronco Sylvio Sylvio

Welcome aboard!
yeah, I meant in that I didn't particularly want to play my character as being in the military. Like, as a local mechanic, farmer, etc. Normally, I totes go for combative types. But in dieslepunk themes, the military overture is so common that I actually want to play as a character NOT affiliated as such.

yeah, I meant in that I didn't particularly want to play my character as being in the military. Like, as a local mechanic, farmer, etc. Normally, I totes go for combative types. But in dieslepunk themes, the military overture is so common that I actually want to play as a character NOT affiliated as such.
I was actually planning on something similar. Like I might go for mechanic or something for the squad mech or whatevs, and join to defend their home kinda thing. I guess the point is, depending on the start of the RP, characters begin either in the military or joining soon, BUT they need no prior history

(heck, could mostly be from the same town if we all want.)

I was actually planning on something similar. Like I might go for mechanic or something for the squad mech or whatevs, and join to defend their home kinda thing. I guess the point is, depending on the start of the RP, characters begin either in the military or joining soon, BUT they need no prior history

(heck, could mostly be from the same town if we all want.)
So if I were to make a mechanic gal that worked in the local town, would that be a viable character? She wouldn't be technically IN the military, but could get caught up in the shenanigans as she is experienced with civilian Mech repair and such.

So if I were to make a mechanic gal that worked in the local town, would that be a viable character? She wouldn't be technically IN the military, but could get caught up in the shenanigans as she is experienced with civilian Mech repair and such.
Yeah, pretty much. Thought is a town where the characters are (a border town likely) gets attacked and the characters join in the defense, getting quickly enlisted after since it's just getting worse.

And if we both do mechanics, would you want some amount of a relationship? Co-workers, friends, etc?

Err... that right there is what I was talking about avoiding. I didn't particularly want MC to be conscripted into the actual military ranks.
I see. But then what would the character do? That's where I think I'm stuck. I don't think "just civilians" would really be viable for too long. The Fight/plot would eventually move.

If I'm missing something, please point it out.

I see. But then what would the character do? That's where I think I'm stuck. I don't think "just civilians" would really be viable for too long. The Fight/plot would eventually move.

If I'm missing something, please point it out.
civilians are very much able to fight back. This especially if we are pulling back to older decades. Nowadays, we a re a bit outmatched by military tech to do a lot. But back when we didnt have drones or satellite links, night vision, High-powered rifles, etc. things could be tipped by local militia. Anyhow, I thought the PCs were trying to stave off the imposing military groups from invading their local region. I had the impression that was the end goal of the RP.

civilians are very much able to fight back. This especially if we are pulling back to older decades. Nowadays, we a re a bit outmatched by military tech to do a lot. But back when we didnt have drones or satellite links, night vision, High-powered rifles, etc. things could be tipped by local militia. Anyhow, I thought the PCs were trying to stave off the imposing military groups from invading their local region. I had the impression that was the end goal of the RP.
You're probably right. My apologies (food is taking forever)

Something that also sounds fun might more be if it was a bigger city and the characters are part of a local resistance group. Stealing mechs and all that good stuff. Military ranks don't really matter, 's all brotherhood or so.

Sorry if I'm coming off scrambled. Kinda am at the moment xD

Something that also sounds fun might more be if it was a bigger city and the characters are part of a local resistance group. Stealing mechs and all that good stuff. Military ranks don't really matter, 's all brotherhood or so.
THAT sounds even better, imo

I don't know this isn't some fieldtrip kid.
Don't call me a kid, kid! You're just three years older than me!

That said, I can get working on the OOC soonish. It's a bit late, may wait until tomorrow for some answers. Maybe not.

I'm definitely interested. I've got a few other things on my plate but I think I can manage.

I also suggest you look into a game called Ring of Red, its an old mecha game that still shines.

MythyDW MythyDW Might I recommend the artwork of Jakub Rozalski and Ian McQue for an interesting Dieselpunk aesthetic?

MythyDW MythyDW Might I recommend the artwork of Jakub Rozalski and Ian McQue for an interesting Dieselpunk aesthetic?
So the artists whose work inspired the game that inspired me? :D

48080335378_8fceb86771_c.jpg

I have a couple of questions.

Could I join as the NAL or CSA? I'd like to start out as a soldier.

And could I join as a non-mecha character? I'd like to control infantry or cavalry.

Tuska Tuska Loki777 Loki777 Historical Storyteller Historical Storyteller Murdergurl Murdergurl Sylvio Sylvio Bronco Bronco

OoC is up! Included is a Discord link - if you are unable to use Discord, please mention such in the OoC - Discord is optional and if not everyone can use it, then it won't be forced.

I have a couple of questions.

Could I join as the NAL or CSA? I'd like to start out as a soldier.

And could I join as a non-mecha character? I'd like to control infantry or cavalry.
Probably not. The players are going to be resistance fighters in a Central American city. I don' think they'd take kindly to an invader in their midst. Not exactly impossible but you'd be facing an uphill battle IC.

And piloting mechs will likely be a mission-by-mission basis, doing it "when possible" on a job.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back