• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.
5C0B8D12-FA55-42B5-8167-C32B451ECEC8.jpeg
Thirty three years ago the earth was Hammered by a series of meteors and comets. The east coast of the united states, a slash across the atlantic, and most of europe were hit the hardest, however nowhere on earth was spared the destruction. Long dormant volcanoes woke up in a fury, earthquakes shook the world, and the sheer amount of ash and smoke in the air would lead to a three year long winter that crushed food production across the world. Governments attempted to regain control of the situation but their heavy hands only spurred the violence on and for almost a decade riots and unrest ravaged the world until a dozen nations combined their resources and formed an organization called the Rejuvenate Order. This organization quickly took out warlords and opportunists while fighting to repair travel and trade routes around the globe. Despite their best efforts the R.O has had their work cut out for them. As if desperate warlords and criminals were not bad enough, strange creatures are being spotted all over the world, not to mention the chaos growing from the Altered, a new kind of human that started popping up about a decade after the Meteor swarm.

The Altered began rising exactly eleven years after the meteors hit. Whatever it was that changed them it came with the meteors, and seems to lie dormant in them until puberty at which point an Altered will Manifest their ability. Currently the R.O government has catalogued over 21,000 Altered humans, while their methods are certainly worthy of questioning sometimes for the most part the organization is not all bad often offering placement and work opportunities for those who have been confirmed Altered, Some even work with the organization itself. Unfortunately they have also been known to “disappear” those who wont cooperate or those who cannot control their abilities.
~~~
8874F103-07B8-4E5E-975A-E1D8975CC1F5.jpeg
In the Three decades and some change since the meteors fell the map has been redrawn. The UN no longer exists nor does EU, or The UAE. The RO makes up the bulk of europe and the remains of the united states and represent the most powerful military force in the world having adopted the Americans navy and air force. Meanwhile most non RO nations exist in the Southern Hemisphere and parts of china but even combined wouldnt stand much of a chance against the RO. The RO is still working on coming to a peaceful solution with these nations but with each employing their own Altered Human teams hopes for a solution without bloodshed have all but died. Nonetheless its not all fires and superhuman war. The RO continues to send expeditions to ruined areas and have even managed to repair a portion of the United States power grid in the east coast area. The globes population is on the rise again and even though its not where it once was all estimates suggest that in the next 20 years we will be done with all rebuilding efforts.

That said these rebuilding efforts may be complicated by a rise in both the strange creatures that have been reported since the Meteors and a sharp rise in fanatical Altered Humans which all seem to mention the Same “wounded god” and refer to its inevitable return, usually mere moments before going on a rampage. However the RO has decided to get ahead of the curve and have begun building their own teams of Altered Humans to deal with these chaotic and rapidly growing threats. This is the story of such teams…​

Ooh, this sounds pretty interesting. I’m thinking right away about a character who was quite literally Altered to be a sort of physical manifestation of the volcanic eruptions and/or the meteors. Maybe they know about the said god, or even know them personally, and sort of live a double life, where they try to stop these threats during the day but turn and cause them at night?

Ooh, this sounds pretty interesting. I’m thinking right away about a character who was quite literally Altered to be a sort of physical manifestation of the volcanic eruptions and/or the meteors. Maybe they know about the said god, or even know them personally, and sort of live a double life, where they try to stop these threats during the day but turn and cause them at night?
Hmmm duality huh. I like the sound of that. But negative on the god thing. You dont want to know this one trust and believe. However we certainly have room for a “Master of Lava” if you will. I myself will be making an indestructible metal man. Sometimes tropes just work.

We can discuss the possibility of being an unwitting accomplice somewhere that wont spoil to much.

Hmmm duality huh. I like the sound of that. But negative on the god thing. You dont want to know this one trust and believe. However we certainly have room for a “Master of Lava” if you will. I myself will be making an indestructible metal man. Sometimes tropes just work.

We can discuss the possibility of being an unwitting accomplice somewhere that wont spoil to much.
That could work. And that’s ok, I could just have my character reborn from the power of a different god from the main plot one, said god being that very same Master of Lava.

So my character, if not a demigod, would definitely at the very least be a servant and a vessel of the Master of Lava’s power.

I’m thinking it’s the Master of Lava himself that grants my character his duality. Like, the god wants to help humanity in whatever ways he can, but at the end of the day he’s a very chaotic being and has tendencies for destruction. And my character would basically personify that.

That could work. And that’s ok, I could just have my character reborn from the power of a different god from the main plot one, said god being that very same Master of Lava.

So my character, if not a demigod, would definitely at the very least be a servant and a vessel of the Master of Lava’s power.

I’m thinking it’s the Master of Lava himself that grants my character his duality. Like, the god wants to help humanity in whatever ways he can, but at the end of the day he’s a very chaotic being and has tendencies for destruction. And my character would basically personify that.
honestly the whole “God” idea is the unconfirmed ramblings of insane cultists. So i wouldnt put to much into the divine aspects. If were being honest the closest thing to a god in this were the “meteors” themselves which will be revealed a bit later. Suffice it to say divinity will play alot less of a role in this than it sounds.

If youve seen the Shazam movie there are alot of parallels.

I do like me some superhero action. I have a ton of character ideas that I've written up for my Hero System gaming, and most of them would work in this setting. Is it a requirement that the characters all be Augmented people, or could I go with a battlesuit/powered armor operator? Just curious so far, and depending on the info I get will determine if I will brush off the dust from one of my ideas.

I do like me some superhero action. I have a ton of character ideas that I've written up for my Hero System gaming, and most of them would work in this setting. Is it a requirement that the characters all be Augmented people, or could I go with a battlesuit/powered armor operator? Just curious so far, and depending on the info I get will determine if I will brush off the dust from one of my ideas.
Thats actually a really good question. I hadnt put any thought into that but yeah. I 100% support that. My only request is that we make it RO endorsed at least. You can build it, but the facilities needed to produce something like that post disaster would only exist within the RO unless you have a really good explanation.

God? if madmen ramble of a deity, If Tyrants crush those born different because of the actions of the feiw, one thing is certain. from the ashes of the meteors, a new day will rise, and these corupt institutions will be swept away!

Comrades... I intend to kill god.

Im interested... and who dosent love playing a "terrorist" who never atacks civilian populations, only goverment outposts?
(im torn between the NOPE your power dosent work power, the party healer, or some sort of fire thing.)

Thats actually a really good question. I hadnt put any thought into that but yeah. I 100% support that. My only request is that we make it RO endorsed at least. You can build it, but the facilities needed to produce something like that post disaster would only exist within the RO unless you have a really good explanation.
Here is the pic I had in mind for a powersuit character:

1654400029828.jpeg

He is crippled, having had both his legs ruined in an earlier fight with an augmented terrorist, and so he used his knowledge and combat experience in redesigning his suit. Possibly a augment himself, with an enhanced level of intellect to be able to invent the tech involved.

Are you familiar with the Wearing the Cape series of books by Marion Harmon? In that setting, he'd be a Verne-type augment. Is this doable?

Here is the pic I had in mind for a powersuit character:

View attachment 990712

He is crippled, having had both his legs ruined in an earlier fight with an augmented terrorist, and so he used his knowledge and combat experience in redesigning his suit. Possibly a augment himself, with an enhanced level of intellect to be able to invent the tech involved.

Are you familiar with the Wearing the Cape series of books by Marion Harmon? In that setting, he'd be a Verne-type augment. Is this doable?
I have not seen the wearing the cape series but i most certainly think its doable. In fact i may have my guy be among those who fought the one who took your guys legs if your okay with that.

Regarding the Wearing the Cape books, I highly recommend them. The series is up to book 9, and is one of the best superhero genre books I've ever read.
I have not seen the wearing the cape series but i most certainly think its doable. In fact i may have my guy be among those who fought the one who took your guys legs if your okay with that.
How are you setting up power levels and determining the various attributes of a character? How free-form is this going to be?

Regarding the Wearing the Cape books, I highly recommend them. The series is up to book 9, and is one of the best superhero genre books I've ever read.

How are you setting up power levels and determining the various attributes of a character? How free-form is this going to be?
Ill be coming up with a list of banned powers and such in the cs. As for power levels im going to have the lower end be barely above standard human and the higher end allowable for players will likely be around skyscraper level destructive output. The strongest ever recorded was a city buster Akira style.

The setup for powers i have so far is a dual system. You have a primary superpower, then you have secondary abilities that are granted by virtue of that original power. Players can be Heroes, Villains, Or even just agents and handlers for the Altered human teams.

The only off limits roles are The “strange monsters” and the Deranged Cultists. And i guess potus.

honestly the whole “God” idea is the unconfirmed ramblings of insane cultists. So i wouldnt put to much into the divine aspects. If were being honest the closest thing to a god in this were the “meteors” themselves which will be revealed a bit later. Suffice it to say divinity will play alot less of a role in this than it sounds.

If youve seen the Shazam movie there are alot of parallels.
It’s alright. I do still want to incorporate something related to a god into my characters powers and story though. Maybe he attributes it to a god, or maybe he actually ends up becoming the godlike figure of the Master of Lava.

here is a lore tab to better summarize the state of the world. in short, the world fell down and is rising again, but realizing that plenty of predators are around them, they are going to have to fight to carry on with their lives.

cs page coming soon

here is the cs page complete with an example in the form of my pc lucian

ill be linking the pages and producing an occ so ill still be around for about an hour.

Posted the first draft minus backstory, just need to find a sec to work on it. Is there going to be a OOC/Discord at all?

Cool. I threw in a brief backstory that i can likely expand during RP

Users who are viewing this thread

Back