• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy [CLOSED] Alt-Dimension/Alt-Form RP - Anyone else interested?

skwerl56767

EDIT: IC thread is live here!

Two of my friends moved from a slow forum to here, so I guess I'm here now.
I'm planning on setting up a roleplay with one of said friends, Swift_Phoenix. It works fine as a 1x1, but I'm wondering if anyone else would like to join it. I'm expecting a small group of players, nothing extravagant. Here's its introduction:

ZyzwMs4.png

You and your friends frequently visited an abandoned shed in an isolated corner of the national park. No one knows why it's there, just that it was annexed in when the park was made. Not many knew about it, either, so you all thought it would make a proper hangout for the long summers. It had only one, off-center door, and two walls that are covered in mirrors somehow unscathed by time, which was weird to say the least, but it grew on you.
A couple of summers after you discovered the shed, your buddy breaks through a decrepit floorboard by accident, revealing a small cache hidden underneath. In the cache was a box, and in the box were smooth, grey stones, no bigger than your hand, with black stone covers to match. Even odder, there were the same amount of stones as people in your friend group. Completely benign otherwise, you all decide to leave the stones with the hut, occasionally using them as game pieces or paperweights, and put them back in the box whenever you leave. Then one night, you go to the hut and pick up a stone, and slide the cover on it. The hut is dark, as you didn't bring any lights since the moon was bright enough. You went there just to think about something, and look up at the mirror in thought.
A shimmering blue wall! There was no way it was a reflection. In curiosity, you try to touch it... and end up falling through.
The ground on the other side is layered with autumn leaves, just like the area outside the cabin, but the leaves are silver. There are trees and thickets too, with dark conifers mixed in, and the air is brisk. Pale sunlight filters in from the left horizon; it appears to be early morning. You move to pick yourself up, but pause.
This... was not the form you were in before! Yet, it feels natural... actually, it feels a bit urgent, like something called you here, intentionally; but what, and why?

----------

The RP has a loose plot that allows for sandboxy/questing elements. You play as a human in your friend group. By going through the mirror, you end up in an alternate reality and in a completely different form. I'm big on monster designs, so the wackest thing you can come up with is best! I won't be allowing people to transform into mostly-human beings (what's the point of going from human to slightly-different human?) or canon characters. You can transform into a shifter, but must start out with extreme limitations; I don't recommend it. There are no tech limits on design, however: you can be a magical glowing unicorn or a robot from another timeline, or anything else you'd like! Finally, I power-balance all my RPs with rough ratios. This means that everyone will be starting out relatively weak, but will have the ability to "level" over time and grow stronger.
The goal of the RP is to explore your new body, explore the new dimension, and figure out what's going on and why. The world is an alternate Earth, but it has a substantial amount of differences. When it comes to the plot I control events or NPCs, but I'm not opposed to people sharing ideas on where the plot could go.
Oh, and one last thing: I don't plan on managing an OOC thread, and I don't mind having OOC be in the same thread as IC as long as it's designated separately. I've recently been introduced to having Discord servers serve as OOC hubs, so I'm leaning toward having that. You guys are free to give me your opinions on this!

P.S. I type a lot, so A+ if you're not afraid of text walls. XD

Last edited:
My goodness, I didn't expect so much interest! Alrighty, so what kind of OOC setup do you guys want, so we can keep track of sheets? I'll set up the IC thread really quick here...

My goodness, I didn't expect so much interest! Alrighty, so what kind of OOC setup do you guys want, so we can keep track of sheets? I'll set up the IC thread really quick here...
I'd like to use discord, if no one objects. Also, what level of mostly-human are we talking, for the limit? Something in the minotaur range?

I'm good with Discord!
Things like minotaurs, harpies, and other 50/50 mixes are fine. Creatures like faeries or imps are a bit too close, which I think would be... 75%-ish? The dream this is inspired off of had some nutty monsters, one of which I'll be playing, which have no human traits whatsoever aside from being bipedal, having four limbs, and hands, so that's optimal. I'll also be counting nonaesthetic biology/traits as human or inhuman, so things like sheathing claws or pharyngeal jaws will matter too.

Happy to see so much interest in this! Hello my name is Swift, Skwerl’s friend and I am a random angel shapeshifter.
(And my weirdness proceeds to scare off 80% of the interested folks)

Aw man this sounds like SUCH a fun concept!!!!
Im such a sucker for weird creature and monster lmao
I'd absolutely love to join if at all possible!!!
Discord or whatever else ya want
♡♡♡♡

We're still accepting sheets, if you guys want to join! My cutoff is whenever everyone in the Discord server has joined and has a sheet finished. We already have quite a few people, but I wouldn't mind more (although I may have to beef up the enemies. The alternate reality is not prepared for all of us :'D )!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back