• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Alt - A Second Life

High School or College setting?

• High School

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • College

Votes: 4 50.0%

• Total voters

OverconfidentMagi

Laugh Like You've Won Always
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Alexander High School has a reputation for being competitive. Many of the students that pass through its halls go on to study at top universities and become big names in their fields. That has always been the school's claim to fame. But two weeks ago the school became the center of attention for a different reason: a boy, a student at the school, killed himself by jumping off the roof. The school called it a tragedy, something no one could have seen coming. Lies. The school's competitive nature has always promoted a rigid social hierarchy with those near the bottom taking abuse from those above them. Like water pressure building up the further down you go, it's no wonder some people can't handle it. That's just the kind of place Alexander High is.

The school cancelled all classes for a week after it happened, supposedly to look into what had happened but more than likely to wash away the mess. You wake up the morning classes are to resume, only to find a person in your bed with you. But something isn't right, even moreso than there being a person in your bed. Because that person sound asleep in front of you... is you. Somehow, you've woken up in an entirely different body. It could be just a different size or shape than your own, or maybe even the opposite gender, or a different age. One thing is certain though, as of this moment you have two bodies.

Okay, so the idea for this story is the webtoon Lookism, where an ugly unpopular character wakes up one day with the body of a Greek demigod, mixed in with a bit of good old gender-swapping fun. Most of the technical details of the whole 2-body condition will be ripped right from that webtoon because they just make sense. Those rules are:
  • Each body is entirely separate from the other physically. That means that each one has to eat and drink and go to the bathroom regardless of what the other body is doing.
  • You change bodies by sleeping. Going to sleep in one body will immediately put you waking up in the other. Conversely, waking up one body will put the other to sleep.
  • There is only one consciousness shared between the two bodies, and since one body wakes up when the other sleeps that consciousness is always awake. But since each of the bodies is getting rest there doesn't seem to be any downside of being permanently awake mentally.
  • If one body becomes unconscious, you will wake up in the other. If that body goes to sleep before the other has recovered, no swap will occur, and it will just be falling asleep normally.
So in this RP I intend to explore some themes such as expectations and bullying, as well as darker themes if I think they're something the players could handle in a serious manner. Some of those themes involve sexuality and the like, and while I know that it would be perfectly realistic to have all of this among high schoolers, I also know that many people are uncomfortable with the idea of portraying "children" characters in those kinds of situations. So I've added a poll to this interest check for whether those interested would want this story to take place in a high school setting or an older college setting.

My sister loves Lookism, tells me about it all the time. Definitely an rp I'd be interested in.

Does anyone have any idea what kind of characters they might want to play? As in who they are and what form their second body takes.

This looks like enough people to get something going. Anyone who wants to join please give a short write-up describing the character you want to portray. Please include what they look like, what role they fill within the school, their situation both in and outside of school, their thoughts or feelings about the boy who killed himself, as well as a description of their second body and how they reacted to waking up in a different body. I'm not going to ask for an actual CS because I feel that doesn't tell me anything useful about what kind of writer you are.

JAMES COLE
James your typical football Jock. He likes to party, he isn't very clever and his main focus, all day, every day, is football. He typically likes to hang out with the other members of the school football team and unless you're pretty, doesn't give you a second glance. Due to his 'popularity' James was relatively untouched by academic pressure, however, by the school, his friends and his family he was trapped into the state of mind that football is his life. Every day was dominated by trips to the gym, a healthy diet and football practice. The only free time he had was during academic lessons, which used to relax, not learn. James used to love football, but now, he struggles to keep up. Sure, he's fit as a fiddle, but he doesn't enjoy it anymore. He's become reclusive, often not speaking or speaking very little, he doesn't even speak to his friends. He tries hard in his training, but only puts in as much as necessary to make the coach and his peers happy. He wishes that he could do something else, although he doesn't quite know what.
When the boy from his school died, he wasn't fazed. He didn't know the kid, but he took it's seriousness to heart. He could relate to the pressure, having thought of suicide a couple times before when he was younger, however, always decided against it because he wasn't strong enough to drink to bleach or pull the trigger. So in some respects, James admired the boy who had jumped, but never spoke about it. After all, he was just a dumb jock who had to get that scholarship.
James' original body is male, standing at 6 feet and very well built, due to all his time in the gym and playing football. He has blue eyes and sandy, blonde hair and tanned, like he lives on the beach. Your typical High school cool guy. To school he wears standard, plain T-shirts with his football jersey, a dark pair of skinny jeans and fashion trainers. & James' second body is skinny, having next to no muscle and pale, fair skin adorned with freckles. Hazel eyes and bright ginger, curly hair are present on his head, the body is also male but shorter, standing a foot an inch under James' original body. Clothing wise, James found some old clothes belonging to his older brother who had moved away for college, much to his parents' disappointment, to study medicine. Both of them had similar tastes in clothing so James' second body wears much the same thing, apart from the football jersey, which has been replaced with hoodies (Pullovers and Zippered) as well as the shoes being replaced with pumps.
James' reaction to his body was, as he considers it, normal. He freaked at first and told himself it was a dream, pinching his new body to find that it hurt and it wasn't a dream. He tried waking himself up, finding that he woke up in his new body. After some experimenting, he found he could switch through sleep. By then he had to leave so that he could train and whilst in the gym in his original body, having hidden his new one in his bed, he decided on what to do with them.
At school he would continue to be the Jock every guy wish they could be and work himself to a scholarship, but in his lessons, he could sleep like always and go around in his new body, finding something better to do as there would be no pressure for a scholarship. He could do what he wanted to. His family would never have to know, thinking that their son was achieving their dream, when actually, he could just go out and finally be himself. He could finally be...free. OverconfidentMagi OverconfidentMagi

TyVibes TyVibes
That's a bit more detailed than I really need, but you did give me a good idea of how you plan of playing the character. He's the first accepted character.

I'm looking for a couple more characters to get posted and accepted before anything can start.

Bugger I might be getting into too many RP's but this looks really interesting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back