• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Alpha: The First OOC

Main
Here
Rain is v cool, you did a great job showing her personality through integrated details - e.g. the clothes she wore that day and the paint on them, the small note about missing classes and having to do multiple trips to get everything she needed, etc. I really liked the visuals in the post.

Slice of life and being very descriptive have always been a struggle for me to be honest.
Hoping this will help me grow in my skills!

Love Rob's arrogance superiority. LoL yes he saved the kid showing a slight hint humanity. Making him somewhat redeemable.

I find things like slice of life, happy and kind characters, etc. harder to write. I think because there is less inherent conflict, or maybe it's harder to define. I love seeing it, all doom and gloom is no good, but yeah, it's more difficult.

Thank you very much, ha. Yeah, he very reluctantly did a good deed. I'm glad the arrogance/superiority complex is coming across. I'm always worried writing from a perspective will make it come off as an endorsement of said perspective, rather than depicting the character's attitudes.

I'll get my post up sometime after I get up later.

Slice of life is fun. For me, I've always been an in the moment kind of writer. I don't put much thought into what I'm writing, just the outline and then I just let it go. I've written some fun stuff, wrote a book that I hadn't realized was finished.

hey guys I think I might drop out of this, I am just not confident in my writing skills yet it has nothing to do with you guys. All of you had wonderful posts and awesome characters and I feel like I would bring it down.

hey guys I think I might drop out of this, I am just not confident in my writing skills yet it has nothing to do with you guys. All of you had wonderful posts and awesome characters and I feel like I would bring it down.
Please don't! I can't want to see how your character develops. I liked your first post. I think you will do just fine.

okay, thank you for. the encouragement! I will stick around and try :)

I liked your character. Having a working class character is cool and he seemed very sympathetic. You also seemed open to changing parts of the character's backstory when the GM pointed something out, which is great.

This is my own opinion /comfort level, but I also don't mind someone that posts less paragraphs than me or other players (edit : I don't know if that's the case here, but I know it's an anxiety for a lot of people). I care more about a player's attitude.

So long as someone's engaging with the plot and other characters, and flexible to changes if needed (eg willing to tinker with a character so that said character is motivated to be in the campaign), I'm happy lol.

awesome that makes me feel better Bary! I hope that if any of you have a suggestion for Elliot you let me know because he is like clay to me, I don't mind changing him at all. I really like Rob and I think him and Elliot are going to butt heads just because they are so different but when they learn to respect the differences they will be good buddies.

All of your posts are great. Got mine up, kind of rough for me actually but once I got the flow going I was able to finish it. Had that scene in my head for a while. Actually various ones. All along the lines of the five of them stepping out to do something at the exact same time.

Matthew, I'm glad you decided to stay on. I'll admit that you are a bit rough around the edges, but you write well and you make an effort, which is better than a lot of people do. Working and writing with fine writers like those in this group is a surefire way of improving as a writer yourself.

I had a changeling that was like Rain. When she was in her base form she couldn't maintain her train of thought. Drifting from topic to topic. forgetting things all the time. She wasn't a chatter box or anything. Just didn't have the ability to stay focused.

She had 3 different personas that she would shift between. An orc warrior, an elf mage, and a human bard. All with their own unique personalities and quirks.

Good posts! I liked how Rain stumbled onto the scene and how she handled communication. Liked the small note on Rob lol

Elora and Rob could start a support group for this particular loss of bodily autonomy.

I would like to point out that they technically aren't being forced to move against their will. It is more like they can't help but move, because the only other option is something bad.

It is the same reaction parents have when their child is about to fall and get seriously hurt, that instant instinctual movement that bypasses concious consideration.

This isn't some force that is puppeteering them afterall.

Of course I might just be explaining this to people who already understand it :P

I would like to point out that they technically aren't being forced to move against their will. It is more like they can't help but move, because the only other option is something bad.

It is the same reaction parents have when their child is about to fall and get seriously hurt, that instant instinctual movement that bypasses concious consideration.

This isn't some force that is puppeteering them afterall.

Of course I might just be explaining this to people who already understand it :P

For sure lol. Rob is just dramatically pouting that he's a dad and cares now, so his only rationalization is that this must be like clockwork orange.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back