• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic Almost Human...

Raizel

Doggo of the World
In a universe where testing experiments on humans is perfectly valid, it might not be so strange to see deformities occur. From angelic wings, to blotches of scales on someone’s skin. Of course, then there are the pures… considering that about half of the humans alive aren’t experimented on, and the other half are put through torture.

The pures are scientists who have not had their genes, blood, or body modified.

The casts are humans who have been modified in some way. (Limit! You may only have two supernatural perks, this includes things such as a siren’s voice and angel wings… or maybe a merman like human that can cause blood to curdle. Or a demonic looking human who’s scales serve as armor and has horns to impale their enemy.)

Casts are kept in facilities, there are five existing facilities. A1, A2, B1, B2, and C…. those in C are destined to torture and death.

Rules:
1. You must make one pure for every cast.
2. I /prefer/ realistic face claims but I understand that it can be hard in this case
3. Be nice outside of Roleplay, any grievances must come straight to me. ( Raizel Raizel )
4. This world is futuristic, looking like the image below.
5. If you want more perks, you have to ask; this only applies to casts.
6. Use the form provided, but add extra if you so desire.
7. Don’t center all of the attention on yourself.

Form:
The form will be sent to me via messages, label it VERY specifically.
CharacterName:AlmostHuman:YourOnlineName

Name:
Sexuality(optional):
Species: (cast or pure)

Biography: (minimum five sentences.)
Family: (if possible)
Associates:

Interests.
Hates:
Loves:
Fears:
Desires:
One Virtue that represents them:
One Sin that represents them:

Extra:

:::::::Town::::::::
971D3D80-DAF5-457E-95ED-7BC2F63B688D.jpeg37183D7F-4456-4A3C-A4A5-1810F3330F10.jpeg
Inside The Facilities:
D69A7A92-DD07-4E07-A7D7-BDDCBBDC7A39.jpeg
The rooms are made of a transparent barrier so you can be monitored.
7CD6C350-93EB-4FAB-A540-EAFD4A3D6D70.jpeg

I have a few questions.

1. What are casts exactly? Are they hybrids, merely genetically modified, or what?
  2. What about cyborgs/can pures be cyborgs?
  3. Do we have AI?
  4. What are the levels of different facilities/is A1 like a seven-star hotel?
  5. How are the casts made?
  6. How exactly are they kept/are some kept in rooms while others are kept in more wild places (forests, caves, etc)?
  7. Why are the casts made/what's their purpose? Do they pass the butter?
  8. Are casts fertile? Can there be cast hybrids or human-cast hybrids?
  9. Are there genetically modified animals and flora as well?
  10. How embarrassing is it that I almost posted this on another interest check but noticed at the last second?
  11. Are there new materials (ie - Vibranium, Mithril, etc)?
  12. Do you like Pina-Coladas and getting caught in the rain?

What are casts exactly? Are they hybrids, merely genetically modified, or what?
Casts are still humans, technically, but are the population portion that is used for experimentation. So, they can be modified genetically yes.
What about cyborgs/can pures be cyborgs?
Hmm, I suppose it would depend who their creator is. If their creator is a pure, then they are a pure,
Do we have AI?
Yes, since it is the future, have fun with all the artificial intelligence you want.
What are the levels of different facilities/is A1 like a seven-star hotel?
The A facility would be like a 3 start hotel. (Not by floors or A1 or anything, just A in general.) B would be a one star... C is a slaughterhouse.
How are the casts made?
Casts originated with after a war, the ones who won becoming pures, the losers of the fight inevitably became casts (then it continued by bloodline, there are breeding programs but I decided not to mention that due to site rules about mature romance.)
How exactly are they kept/are some kept in rooms while others are kept in more wild places (forests, caves, etc)?
WONDERFUL QUESTION! Due to it being furtistic, it’s sort of like dome technology like in hunger games. Built into walls and glass and the like and made for specific soothing environments, some high tech, some lower. They will portray forests, caves, rivers, cities, space, etc depending on what the Pures want to influence upon the cast.
Why are the casts made/what's their purpose? Do they pass the butter?
Casts have a lot of uses, as they are experimented upon but some lucky few with the proper streak of good behavior may work as maids or butlers outside the facility... so, they may pass you the butter.
Are casts fertile? Can there be cast hybrids or human-cast hybrids?
The fertile part just depends on the person and the tests done. They are still human, but some such as my Loki have been modified genetically at a young age to be part animal (He is part crow and, after a lot of enhancement over time, can turn into a bird with a painful crunch of bones and tear of muscle.)
Are there genetically modified animals and flora as well?
The way I imagine this is that the war had to do with extinction and global warming, so, their goal was to preserve animals and plants at the expense of the human kind (also to keep down overpopulation and harm to the atmosphere.) But the animals still have genetic modifications here and there, so like (small) dragon sized birds or giant, extremely carnivorous sloths...
How embarrassing is it that I almost posted this on another interest check but noticed at the last second?
Fairly, but I have done it twice so far... so
Are there new materials (ie - Vibranium, Mithril, etc)?
Yep! Whatever you can imagine, within reason
Do you like Pina-Coladas and getting caught in the rain?
A lot. Yes.

Hello! Very interested, very interested indeed!! So should I just, pm you when I'm ready to post a character sheet? Sorry, I am new to the site and really want to make sure I get this right.

Casts have a lot of uses, as they are experimented upon but some lucky few with the proper streak of good behavior may work as maids or butlers outside the facility... so, they may pass you the butter.
What about things like fighting/guarding, construction, mining, etc? What about the arts (singing, orchestras, painting, sculpting, etc)?

Also, do we have high-rank casts? Are casts slaves/can they be bought and sold? Can they be freed, own property, have rights? What about inter-planetary travel, alien life, and colonies on other planets? Where are the facilities? Are we even on Earth?

I HAVE A LOT OF QUESTIONS.

What about things like fighting/guarding, construction, mining, etc? What about the arts (singing, orchestras, painting, sculpting, etc)?

Also, do we have high-rank casts? Are casts slaves/can they be bought and sold? Can they be freed, own property, have rights? What about inter-planetary travel, alien life, and colonies on other planets? Where are the facilities? Are we even on Earth?

I HAVE A LOT OF QUESTIONS.
Okay! Right now the Roleplay only takes place in the facility because people would be too widely spread other wise, but yes there are slave like casts who can be bought and sold but they are never technically ‘free’ there’s normally someone watching over them.

High ranking casts normally have an in with either the pures or have distribution network inside the facility for goods. Thing of it sort of like a cops and robbers situations.

Mmmm, the stuff like aliens and all is a hard thing for me to throw in because I think adds a whole lot of other difficulties.

We are on a futuristic earth, distopia, there are not many large cities left but we are in one. The town itself probably would go by many names, most call it Home since the odds of traveling to another is slim. The facilities are located in the center of the city

Mmmm, the stuff like aliens and all is a hard thing for me to throw in because I think adds a whole lot of other difficulties.
I'm asking because, maybe, casts could have alien DNA, or could be designed to battle aliens or whatnot. Know what I mean?
Also, are they all experimented-on humans, or could some be built from scratch?

I'm asking because, maybe, casts could have alien DNA, or could be designed to battle aliens or whatnot. Know what I mean?
Also, are they all experimented-on humans, or could some be built from scratch?
Uhhh! Mm, I really wish you brought this to me before the roleplay started since people already made characters because then I would have been able to work the alien and space part better T.T
Ah! Mm........ If I understand the question correctly, you are asking if non casts can be made into them???? Or casts are created literally? Either way, yes. Any artificial being created is turned into a cast (I like to think that they might not care though because hey! Robots!) or, a criminal will often be made into a cast or killed. The laws are various but really you can be convicted for just saying the wrong thing at the wrong time or being at he wrong place, stuff like that.

Uhhh! Mm, I really wish you brought this to me before the roleplay started since people already made characters because then I would have been able to work the alien and space part better T.T
Ah! Mm........ If I understand the question correctly, you are asking if non casts can be made into them???? Or casts are created literally? Either way, yes. Any artificial being created is turned into a cast (I like to think that they might not care though because hey! Robots!) or, a criminal will often be made into a cast or killed. The laws are various but really you can be convicted for just saying the wrong thing at the wrong time or being at he wrong place, stuff like that.
I mean if their genetic code could be engineered from scratch.

IS THERE STILL PLACE FOR ME BOY

also can space-faring ones be made-
I NEED TO KNOW

Can you reserve me a spot if I'm a bit late?
I'm not in the mood to roleplay right now, as my turtle just died, but I'd love to join once I'm back. I'm already much better though, so maybe later today or tomorrow?

EDIT - That was pretentious as fuck. I'm good now. Workin' on my CS.

Last edited:
another thing, are there Pures that want to save the Casts and free them? Do we have access to FTL travel? And where do I put my CS? also, is there a middle class like neither cast nor pure that does all the work?

Last edited:
another thing, are there Pures that want to save the Casts and free them? Do we have access to FTL travel? And where do I put my CS? also, is there a middle class like neither cast nor pure that does all the work?
You can send Raizel the CS. That's all I know 'bout that.

0-0000

Dark bye, uh no picture is required but it is preferred. Moomba Moomba you do need one of each role. Also! Yes, there are buttttt it is rare? FTL? Uh, Middle class I suppose would be possible but it would be more like .... okay! So Pures would go by normal standards of the world? Like there are rich pures or political types that are upper class, there are poor, and then there are artisans and traders or people of that type that are middle class

making one for you now. One more thing. Can I have a group that goes around and frees Casts?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back