• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic Alls Quiet OOC

Sylvio

My mind plastered to your screen
Roleplay Type(s)
planning and stuff. If you wanna share a little descriptor of what ur character is like we can plan a little

I just wanted to ask again but id it okay if my character is a captain?
Sure, I only made myself captain cause I thought it would make sense if I was the gm I'd be captain and lead everyone but you seem willing to take the role so have at it

Just get your cs done and I'll assign you as captain

hey so, what do we put for ranks, im a bit confused on that

It's more of a descriptor but impacts the rp a bit. If you were a commissioned officer for example then you'd be more responsible for picking up some leadership responsibilities like, telling others what to do and figuring stuff out. The lowest rank for a non-commissioned officer I want to have is sergeant, since everyone is special forces I figured that everyone has some experience as a regular soldier before being selected or choosing to be special forces

hope this makes sense

Thought I might share my (very vague) thoughts about my character so far :]
(it'll probably change a little before I finalize but these are the details I like)
Name: Jian Feng-Wu
Role: Grunt
Rank: Commissioned Officer [hope that's right? I do want it to be taking some leadership responsibility w/in its jurisdiction. I've been imagining the grunts as a kind of security team]
Height: 6'4"
Weight: 245lbs [I plan on giving it pretty extensive cybernetics. Once I finalize the details on them I'll pass them through here to make sure that it's not too op.]
Orientation: Asexual
Pronouns: It/It's if you ask. If you don't, it's not going to care about correcting you.
Personality: Introverted. Quiet, but not timid. Crass, vulgar, and bluntly honest most of the time, although it's good at reading the room and will adjust if necessary. Hopelessly paranoid and constantly jaded, isn't easily shaken in an emergency situation. Possibly could have been a captain if it had any sense of diplomacy and gave a shit about regulations.
Biography:
Enlisted into the military at a young age, after Bootcamp/training served during the entirety of a 4-year civil war on [planet name lol] and was tossed into a trauma-recovery program after the conclusion of the war. Was discharged from the program 2 years ago and immediately continued its military career. The extensive augmentation it has received is from a mixture of injury treatment and voluntary enhancements, funded by the military. If Jian were to retire before death, it would have the majority of its implants disabled or have to pay for its upkeep itself. As retirement is currently not in its plan, though, it isn’t too worried about it.

I'm still considering playing a second character that's a tech, but I'm not so solid on them yet :>

Last edited:
Thought I might share my (very vague) thoughts about my character so far :]
(it'll probably change a little before I finalize but these are the details I like)
Name: Jian Feng-Wu
Role: Grunt
Rank: Commissioned Officer [hope that's right? I do want it to be taking some leadership responsibility w/in its jurisdiction. I've been imagining the grunts as a kind of security team]
Height: 6'4"
Weight: 245lbs [I plan on giving it pretty extensive cybernetics. Once I finalize the details on them I'll pass them through here to make sure that it's not too op.]
Orientation: Asexual
Pronouns: It/It's if you ask. If you don't, it's not going to care about correcting you.
Personality: Introverted. Quiet, but not timid. Crass, vulgar, and bluntly honest most of the time, although it's good at reading the room and will adjust if necessary. Hopelessly paranoid and constantly jaded, isn't easily shaken in an emergency situation. Possibly could have been a captain if it had any sense of diplomacy and gave a shit about regulations.
Biography:
Enlisted into the military at a young age, after Bootcamp/training served during the entirety of a 4-year civil war on [planet name lol] and was tossed into a trauma-recovery program after the conclusion of the war. Was discharged from the program 2 years ago and immediately continued its military career. The extensive augmentation it has received is from a mixture of injury treatment and voluntary enhancements, funded by the military. If Jian were to retire before death, it would have the majority of its implants disabled or have to pay for its upkeep itself. As retirement is currently not in its plan, though, it isn’t too worried about it.

I'm still considering playing a second character that's a tech, but I'm not so solid on them yet :>
Seems good so far, however commissioned officer is the type of enlisted soldier. A rank would be lieutenant up to captain if you were an officer. For reference I'd prefer using naval ranks. If you have any further questions feel free to ask

Okay! Thanks!
Sure, I only made myself captain cause I thought it would make sense if I was the gm I'd be captain and lead everyone but you seem willing to take the role so have at it

Just get your cs done and I'll assign you as captain

Just in case

hmm well think about their skills and position and how good they are at it then base it off that? Tho if they're a native scout idk if they would be part of the military.

might just put general
I would recommend (ironically) Captain for rank! I could be wrong though. This is the webpage I used for reference and then I kinda did some other research from there U.S. Navy Ranks List - Lowest to Highest

Also! Since you're playing the Captain, I thought I might let you know that I (thus far) plan on making my character a Lieutenant Commander, which could make Jian second-in-command but I think it mostly depends on how your Captain would handle the situation. Thought it might be good information to share.

Edit: completely unrelated but do we know what year this takes place in? I thought I saw it somewhere but can't find it now.

Futuristic - Alls Quiet

This was the page with all the info. Idk if Arzee wants to link all the threads in the main channel info stuff at the top but I've been looking at this!

Also idk if Arzee had second in command as a possible role so you might wanna ask her or talk with katzilla since they're the captain now C: just a suggestion !

Yup! I assume they'll both see when they get online again, and tbh I'm 100% ready to change Jian's rank to smth else if Arzee/Katzilla had smth in mind

what rank should I put for a robot

I intend to be a sentient scout bot, or would a tech bot make more sense?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back