Advice/Help Alliteration Question: Is this too much?

iamthelizardqueen

Like, you know, whatever
So I'm writing some potential characters that I intend to use in a future monster girl roleplay prompts. I have 26 characters based on all the letters in the alphabet, their letter helped determine their species and I'm considering doing that for the names as well, but I know its not really necessary. Should I just break up the alliteration so its not painful to read or just go all in? I don't need name ideas, I just don't want to be too extra or make anyone cringe lol

~Thanks!

I'm not sure why it would be painful to read, as far as I'm aware the human brain responds well to patterns. Just don't bank on it too much, it's a gimmick but it's not really a selling point.

I'm not sure why it would be painful to read, as far as I'm aware the human brain responds well to patterns. Just don't bank on it too much, it's a gimmick but it's not really a selling point.

I was worried it would seem too gimmicky, but if it doesn't I might just do it to help narrow down names

Okay so this is interesting! When my partner and I first started our RP, one of the first things she did was make some NPCs that happened to have the same first letter in their names as each other, and the issue I had was that I was constantly mixing them up. I got a little frustrated cause I couldn't remember which name belonged to which.

I'm sure this probably isn't an issue for most people, but I figured I'd mention that it is a risk.

Okay so this is interesting! When my partner and I first started our RP, one of the first things she did was make some NPCs that happened to have the same first letter in their names as each other, and the issue I had was that I was constantly mixing them up. I got a little frustrated cause I couldn't remember which name belonged to which.

I'm sure this probably isn't an issue for most people, but I figured I'd mention that it is a risk.

Oh no it's not for one massive roleplay, it's a list of characters for possible 1x1 stuff, they do live in the same town and all but there would be little cross character contact (though I love the idea of trying it in the distant future).

Oh no it's not for one massive roleplay, it's a list of characters for possible 1x1 stuff, they do live in the same town and all but there would be little cross character contact (though I love the idea of trying it in the distant future).
Oh! Well, in that case, I see nothing wrong with it. Have a lovely time!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back