• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings Alliance: Servitus Indcuta Animi

YsFanatic

Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Most beings are stuck in their native universe, but some have the means to travel elsewhere in their multi-verse, and even other multi-verses and have done so in pursuit of their goals. For your part, no matter what dreams you aim for you have ended up doing mercenary work for one reason or another. The newest job you find yourself taking has you working under another merc, a mage named Dennis, to conduct corporate sabotage against the Blissful Dreams company. Blissful Dreams is well known for making children's toys and sleeping aides, but what most civilians don't know is that they have been hiring many private military companies to guard various excavations they have been doing in multiple universes. Some groups, including your unknown employer, are concerned about this and want to know what Blissful Dreams is looking for.

The job assignment was straightforward and a decent amount of money was being offered. The objective was to simply raid a lab facility that had been found near one of the excavations and return with any data or items of interest that could be found. There were almost no restrictions on who could take this job and this Dennis that was in charge had a decent reputation in various mercenary circles. All in all, it appeared to be a simple job despite the likely presence of local defenses. You just hoped that the old saying 'no plan survives contact with the enemy' won't apply to this mission....

What is this?
Alliance: Servitus Indcuta Animi is an RP set in a multi-dimensional setting that formed during the course of several RPs that were done elsewhere that allowed for a mix of original creations and fandom related material. For this RP I'm sticking with my own material, things I have permission to use/mention, and fandom stuff. As far as the story is concerned I can't say much more than what is in the flavor text above without possibly spoiling some early game things. I will mention however that while I'm not aiming for a dark story, there are elements that I would expect some people to consider as such. For the most part though this should be a fun adventure where you have freedom to approach things in the manner of your choosing, though I would ask that you are not straight up evil, lol.

Alliance?
The Alliance is made up of factions that formed due to events in the previous RPs that I had briefly mentioned above. Currently, my plan is that any RP I run in this setting will have Alliance in front of the RP title. This way people can quickly tell at a glance if my future RPs are part of the same 'series' or not and then either skip it or check it out as appropriate.

What can I play?
Almost anything! My only restrictions is that the character has an organic nervous system of some kind and that its a original creation, at least in regards to the character itself. Having some powers and equipment from fandoms are fine as well as possibly more personal ties to such universes, but please mix in some stuff of your own creation with that. Otherwise I'm open to more unique and interesting character ideas!

How many players? How many characters per player?
I'm aiming for 4 to 8 players. Right now I'd prefer one character per player, this could change later depending on how things go and how many players we have.

Rules?
My rules are pretty standard, straightforward ones. Basically, no god modding, keep any OOC drama out of the RP and don't let IC drama influence your OOC, and generally just be respectful and follow RPN rules.

Post length?
I'd prefer a minimal of 2-3 sentences please.

Post frequency?
Whenever there is a battle or another story event going I will be updating once a week on the weekend (which for me is typically Friday-Sunday). If I update on Friday and somehow everyone has posted before Sunday, there is a possibility of a second update on Sunday but no guarantee. During free periods where the characters have a chance to relax I will generally state a period of real life time (such as 2 weeks) that you are free to do pretty much whatever. If posting dies down, I may move the game earlier than planned but will check with the group before I do so to make sure I'm not interrupting something.

What if I can't meet the deadline for a battle?
If you know ahead of time that you won't be able to post on a particular week before I update, you can either send me the actions your character is most likely to take depending on what is going on or designate someone to take your action for you for that week. In this case, if you choose someone to control your character, that person in question does not need to put any flavor for the action. A single line with that character's action tacked on at the end of their regular post is fine in this situation.

BBC coding?
Not required or expected. The place I was at before didn't have options for anything fancier than font colors, italics, and other simple options, so I'm used to making do without the fancier stuff I've been seeing here. This leads me to the next thing...

Face claims?
When it comes time to put up the character sheet thread, I will not be requiring face claims. The group I was with before never did it and I personally prefer to not use one. That said, if you have one you want to use, feel free!

A wide variety! There are NPCs with magic, psionics, spiritual abilities, power armor, energy weapons, and a whole bunch of other stuff. So it is pretty open as to what you are allowed to do.

I want original characters, but you can have powers, gear, and/or other connections from other universes. Like I have multiple NPCs who are children of characters from different games, but those fandom parents won't be showing up Otherwise you have lots of freedom for characters. Like when I ran this previously as a tabletop game we had characters ranging from a Spartan II of the player's creation and a character with powers from the Mistborn books in addition to a pair of characters who were pretty much all original stuff other than some vague ties to other universes.

darkred darkred

i just posted my character form, but i realized i should double check, are OC characters from fandoms allowed, or customizable player characters from games?

I'm fine with using a game's character maker to figure out your character, but they should not be the protagonist of said game. They can have been there, seen the main hero and maybe even helped them at one point. Or something along those lines anyway. Also, I feel like your 4th primary ability should be proficiency with poison based on what you have so far. Since poison seems to be a primary theme for your character, it would make sense for them to also be able to have a chance to identify poisons in addition to using them. Just a thought anyway.

DovahBeat DovahBeat

DovahBeat DovahBeat Looking at it a bit more I do have a couple of requests. If I remember the source material correctly, DragonKnight is a basic class, correct? If so then DragonKnight itself would be a basic thing rather than a ranked ability since it covers the character's basic training, having the greatsword and archery ranked is a fine way to indicate what parts of said training you excel at. The theme of poison abilities, that would be a good ranked ability however. Soul Shatter, since its something that's likely going to be unique to your character in this RP likely should be a ranked ability as well. As a passive with a conditional activation, there can be skill involved in knowing when to let yourself take damage to trigger the ability at a critical moment and/or where to position yourself when it goes off for maximum benefit.

HighSanguinaryPriest HighSanguinaryPriest I'm liking the character so far. I was not expecting that much extra information, lol I do ask what kinds of spells the nano magic would include so I can get a better idea of what kinds of things it could be used for. I'm going to take another look after work when I'm more awake to make sure there isn't anything that might be a concern.

DovahBeat DovahBeat Looking at it a bit more I do have a couple of requests. If I remember the source material correctly, DragonKnight is a basic class, correct? If so then DragonKnight itself would be a basic thing rather than a ranked ability since it covers the character's basic training, having the greatsword and archery ranked is a fine way to indicate what parts of said training you excel at. The theme of poison abilities, that would be a good ranked ability however. Soul Shatter, since its something that's likely going to be unique to your character in this RP likely should be a ranked ability as well. As a passive with a conditional activation, there can be skill involved in knowing when to let yourself take damage to trigger the ability at a critical moment and/or where to position yourself when it goes off for maximum benefit.

HighSanguinaryPriest HighSanguinaryPriest I'm liking the character so far. I was not expecting that much extra information, lol I do ask what kinds of spells the nano magic would include so I can get a better idea of what kinds of things it could be used for. I'm going to take another look after work when I'm more awake to make sure there isn't anything that might be a concern.

I'm fine with using a game's character maker to figure out your character, but they should not be the protagonist of said game. They can have been there, seen the main hero and maybe even helped them at one point. Or something along those lines anyway. Also, I feel like your 4th primary ability should be proficiency with poison based on what you have so far. Since poison seems to be a primary theme for your character, it would make sense for them to also be able to have a chance to identify poisons in addition to using them. Just a thought anyway.

DovahBeat DovahBeat

Thank you for the pointers! I wasn't sure how to convey what I wanted to have, haha. I'll get on adjusting the form. :)

Alright, by my count 8 people have expressed interest. Assuming everyone is still interested then this game is currently full. I will be making the main thread on Friday so please have your characters posted by then if possible. Any questions and comments should be directed to the OOC thread which I will link again here for convenience.

Futuristic - Alliance: Servitus Indcuta Animi OOC

Users who are viewing this thread

Back