• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Multiple Settings All Your Powers (CONCLUDED & READABLE: For more info, PM! This may make a comeback!)

[ARC 2 PREVIEW]

All Your Powers (Preview Thing)
Arc 2...?

That night, at 12:15 AM ...
"Oh, you ran off to here? Was I really that fast?" A medium tone, calm, and almost airy voice shifted through the darkness. A figure walked into the empty parking lot, his fingers dragging across a car before gliding off. His face was obscured by a blue bandana, but his sharp, azure eyes were darting every which way. His shaggy, dark hair blew slightly in the wind. "I know you're there, I can feel your warmth. I can follow the trail. You stepped right here."

The figure's foot moved to cover a seemingly arbitrary spot on the ground.

A moment of silence passed.

Without warning, his voice boomed through the parking lot. "Can't hide from me!"

He waited for one second.

Two seconds.

The man raised his foot and brought it crashing down. A large, rumbling wave of amber energy rolled through the parking lot. Judging by the force and the noise that the wave generated, he was trying too hard. Parked cars all around him slid several feet in different directions, tires screeching loudly on the concrete. From behind one of the cars, a red Toyota, came a loud yelp that belonged to a woman.

"Ack!"

The figure turned to face the car. The bandana contorted into an upwards arch as the man smiled underneath his mask. "Miss Elora Fallow. What are you doing at a parking lot at this hour?"

Slowly, the man advanced towards the car. One of his pale hands, devoid of most color due to the cold, gripped the hood of the Toyota. The metal crumpled under his touch as he turned to face the woman behind the car.

Elora had been curled up into a ball, her legs tucked against her chest and her head pressed hard against her knees. Soft sobbing came from her. "S-Stone-"

"DON'T CALL ME THAT FUCKING NAME!"

Without warning, the masked man slammed his elbow straight into the side of Elora's head, knocking her against the car. Elora let out a shout as she collapsed against the vehicle. If the car wasn't red, her blood would've left a splatter mark on the driver's side door.

"Stop it, Stone! You're stronger, we settled this years ago!" Elora clutched the side of her head, looking up in distress at Stone. The blood flowed back into her body and the wound began to close up. Disgusted by this, Stone placed his boot on her thigh. "I told you not to call me the name my parents gave me. Call me by the name I want to be called! Call me what everyone calls me!"

Elora's head dropped to face the ground. Salty tears dripped onto her hands.

"SAY IT!"

Elora flinched as Stone shouted.

"Ka-!"

Before Elora could finish, Stone pushed his fist against the woman's face, pressing on her cheek. "Say it with CONFIDENCE. I was nearly DEAD just a week ago!"

"Please stop! I didn't heal you under your doctor's nose just so you could become like this!"

"And now I have to depend on you every time something goes wrong. I always hated your resilience. It's almost as if you'll never break." Stone removed his fist from her face, and glanced at it. A patch of red blush and foundation remained on his knuckles. "So, you wear makeup even if you think nobody's going to see you? That's quite pathetic."

No response came from Elora. She remained on the ground, drawing in shaky breaths.

"Go home. Next time we meet, say my name with confidence."

All Your Powers will return! February 16th, 2018!

Missed me? Well, I missed you guys too! I tossed in a little preview. The next full post drops this Friday! Anyway, Valentine's Day is coming up! I hope you guys found dates, or at least someone special that you can give a box of chocolates too! What'll I do on Valentine's Day? Wouldn't you like to know? Well, I do have someone in mind.

It's only a matter of courage, and right now I'm just a ball of BLEH! What if he doesn't even like chocolate?! AAAAAAAAA!!!! o(゜д゜)o

Well, that's about it! February 16th! Be there, or...well...you can always read the post the next day.

BYEE FOR NOW!~

Can't wait!

(Wow that Kale is a real a**hole, who taught him to treat a lady like that? Seems like the supers aren't as great as we were told, either that, or whatever infected them also changed their personalities. If it's the former, no wonder Karter and Co. mistrust other supers so much. )

Four Worlds [ARC 2 START]
All Your Powers
Four Worlds

Monday, 1:15 PM

"Thank you for coming to Four Worlds. We hope you enjoyed your meal." Mia gave a smile and waved to the couple that just walked out of the Four Worlds restaurant. Her job wasn't bad at all. Despite the low pay, the staff were treated with respect and their dignities were kept intact. It sat well with the whole "fitting into Keptro" goal that Mia had since moving here.

Mia went back to the kitchen for a well deserved break. She pulled out her cell phone, which had been buzzing intermittently as she worked.

Rena
them
OMG MIA HELP
them
Nvm it was just Karter, I heard a loud noise!
them
we're still paintballing right?
them
hey can we go shopping today?
them
nvm how about the gym?

Mia sighed and chuckled. It was expected that someone like Rena wouldn't know how to text properly. Mia quickly tapped away at the screen. Almost immediately as she finished sending her text, Rena replied.

Soon, the two of them were having a full blown conversation.

Rena
them
OMG MIA HELP
them
Nvm it was just Karter, I heard a loud noise!
them
we're still paintballing right?
them
hey can we go shopping today?
them
nvm how about the gym?
me
Can't today! I have something important to attend to. Besides, I got work. And yes, we're paintballing this Sunday!
them
awesome! Hey, how's work?
me
It's alright. At least employees are respected, but it's kinda uptight and I definitely don't get paid enough here.
them
oh
them
i get paid well, so i wouldn't know what its like
me
where do you work?

"Hey." A hand tapped Mia on the shoulder. Mia turned around to face the source of the voice. It was one of her coworkers.
"Yeah? What's up?" Mia inquired with a smile.
"Get back to work. Break ended ten minutes ago." The coworker pointed her in the direction of the blue world.
"Right, sorry!" Mia hurried out of the kitchen and to the blue world.

The theme of the blue world was centered around living in the atmosphere of a gas giant. The tables, chairs, and even plates and bowls, were shaped like glossy, metallic pods. It was the most futuristic of all the worlds. The majority of food served in this world fit the category of unconventional, from snails, to lizard, to even fried grasshoppers. Mia approached a table, pulling out the notepad.

"And I told him that I didn't care who he was, I just wanted to get over with it. Man, it was shocking." The man sitting in the center of the circular couch, surrounded by two women on each side was telling some sort of story. His appearance spelled extravagance. Wearing a fancy, dark suit along with a teal banner around his neck with the words "HONORABLE MENTION" embroidered in darker lettering on either side, it could only be described as this man flaunting something he did well. His appearance definitely fit. Spiky blonde hair, a sharp jawline and nose, and most noticeably, even sharper green eyes.

The man perked up as he noticed Mia approaching the table. "Oh, waitress! I'd like to order some stuff. Can we get our hands on some seared snails and lizard tails as appetizers?"

Mia's face paled. The man ordered before Mia got to say the Four Worlds introduction. "Of course! Would you like anything to drink with that?"

The man looked around to all of the women and simply nodded. They nodded back with no expression whatsoever, outside of plastered smiles.

"Let's get some of your G34.3 all around. I'd like to get a bit buzzed today." The man leaned back, smiling.

Mia couldn't believe it. G34.3 was the most concentrated beverage on the menu. "Sir, I must warn you before you order, that the drink contains 95% alcohol. Would you like it mixed, or shots with a-"

"Did I stutter? G34.3, all around. For all of us." His eyes met Mia's, eliciting a bit of a shudder from the young woman. Mia wasn't sure where, but she felt a stare like that before.

"Right away then. I'll be right back." Mia went off to go get the drinks and appetizers, leaving the man to tell his stories to the four women.

Mia placed the drinks on the table, as well as the appetizers. "Enjoy your meal, sir!"

"Riight. I'll enjoy it. There's absolutely no reason for me not to." The man chuckled and took a snail. He held it up to the mouth of one of the women, practically putting it in. She reluctantly opened her mouth at first, but soon seemed to calm down as she ate the snail.

As Mia was about to leave the table, she felt something graze her hand. "Hey, don't leave just yet, baby gorilla. You new here?"

"Well, yes, I haven't been working here for long. Why do you ask?" Mia looked down at her hand, then turned around. Nothing was even close to touching her, yet her forearm was covered in goosebumps. Of course, Mia was confused as to why she was referred to as baby gorilla.

"You're clearly new. Normally, the Four Worlds waitresses tend to loosen up a little bit after bringing the food. Not in the mood for telling me how these snails and lizard tails were prepared? I totally understand." His voice was getting low, sounding almost a bit threatening. Mia saw his face. It looked the same, just with a bigger smirk than before.

"If you'd like, I can give you an in depth expl-"

"Nah, that won't be necessary. No wonder this place is going downhill, damn. What's management doing, building real spaceships and telescopes?" Almost automatically, the four women around him began to laugh.

Now it was getting uncomfortable for Mia. The air felt stuffier, and the laughing seemed to close the walls in. The grin on the man's face shifted the mood into something extremely awkward. Mia gave a faint smile as the sweat beaded up on her forehead, clearly visible in the bright lights and her parted hair. There was little left to do. Mia attempted to turn around and leave, but her body didn't do the same.

"You look pale. Is everything alright?"

Is this what anxiety feels like? Mia has to deal with this guy now in some way.
1. "I'm fine. If you have a problem with our management, let them know. As a waitress, I'm not supposed to take this kind of stuff personally nor am I supposed to tell the management. If you want them to know, tell them yourself."
2. Mia apologizes. It might feel even more awkward in this atmosphere, but just apologizing can de-escalate. What was going on with the stuffy air to begin with? Why the stifling atmosphere all of a sudden? Get out of there now!

3. Mia just stares. Not even a glare. Just a blank stare. Literally blank out while staring at this man. Forget how to social interaction. Even smile a little bit. Maybe something good would come of it.

B BlueClover Idea Idea YoungX YoungX ViciousVip3R ViciousVip3R thewarrior25 thewarrior25 Damafaud Damafaud doggodaily doggodaily DailyRoLord DailyRoLord IlluminatiChan IlluminatiChan official clown business official clown business CrimsonEclipse CrimsonEclipse Aminora Aminora Shinobu the vampire-puppy Shinobu the vampire-puppy Miniapollo17 Miniapollo17

[A/N: We're back! I stayed up to type this post because I couldn't wait until morning. I want to get out the next reply out in 2-3 days, so do the vote thing quickly!! I hope this one's a little easier than the usual choices!]

By the description this guy sounds like trouble. And we have a very fresh mortal enemy on our hands already, not to mention cold skin and whoever is hunting the powered. Let's try not to make a scene to get a little breather to hopefully practice.

Choice 2 has my vote

1 would honestly be similar to what I'd say, but I agree with choice 2 that it's really awkward and apologizing could break the tension, so I pick 2.

At first I was sure that this guy would be another electricity shooting hero based on his font and description, but as I read along, it becomes increasingly clear that this guy has those women under control. The good news is that whatever this guy is doing doesn't seem to affect us, at least for now. It seems pretty obvious to me that this guy is surprised that we have not fallen under his control yet, and is turning up his power accordingly, so in order to protect ourselves and lower his guard, we should settle into that blank look just like the others. Plus, the other two options don't really address the threat this man poses, and we all know how well running away works. (He will just hunt us down later if he realizes that we are immune to his powers and/or a power copying super).

( D duegxybus Is pretending an option? I just read it over and realized that choice 3 might actually just be us falling under his influence, in that case, we should get the heck out of there. 2.)

(@JPax Is pretending an option? I just read it over and realized that choice 3 might actually just be us falling under his influence, in that case, we should get the heck out of there. 2.)

Well, 3 is just Mia doing nothing about it and staring blankly. I'm not sure what you mean by pretending, but number 3 would be the closest to "pretending," assuming Mia thinks that this man has some kind of mental influence powers (which she doesn't suspect just yet)

I'm trying to keep the powers very ambiguous for each character until they are forced into showing their true capabilities, or when Mia reads their EXNet page. It's possible that this man doesn't even have powers, and he's simply using psychological tactics on Mia. Maybe he actually just picked the most spineless females to follow him.

The reason I put this now is because most powers are umbrellas that cover several different abilities (e.g. Rena's intangibility, teleportation, personal dimension, and matter displacement falling under one, as of now, unnamed "power", and Rylan's enhanced speed, strength, increased mass, and dulled senses falling under "Excited Mass"). So, it's a little difficult to judge the true extent of someone's powers at a first glance, which is why I didn't include anything about powers in the last post ^^.

Maybe some time in the future, there will be an explanation of how powers work, but as of now it's just what's been observed in the RP so far and what isn't present at all, such as animal-human hybrids and lasting deformities.

Well, 3 is just Mia doing nothing about it and staring blankly. I'm not sure what you mean by pretending, but number 3 would be the closest to "pretending," assuming Mia thinks that this man has some kind of mental influence powers (which she doesn't suspect just yet)

I'm trying to keep the powers very ambiguous for each character until they are forced into showing their true capabilities, or when Mia reads their EXNet page. It's possible that this man doesn't even have powers, and he's simply using psychological tactics on Mia. Maybe he actually just picked the most spineless females to follow him.

The reason I put this now is because most powers are umbrellas that cover several different abilities (e.g. Rena's intangibility, teleportation, personal dimension, and matter displacement falling under one, as of now, unnamed "power", and Rylan's enhanced speed, strength, increased mass, and dulled senses falling under "Excited Mass"). So, it's a little difficult to judge the true extent of someone's powers at a first glance, which is why I didn't include anything about powers in the last post ^^.

Maybe some time in the future, there will be an explanation of how powers work, but as of now it's just what's been observed in the RP so far and what isn't present at all, such as animal-human hybrids and lasting deformities.
Hmm, ok, I understand. Thanks for clearing things up! :)

I'm getting the impression that he has powers but it could very well be that he is using drugs or some other form of persuasion on the women. Regardless, I don't think we should deal with this guy for the time being, so let's get out of there while we can. We can always approach him once we find some information on him or call some backup, since it seems like he is a regular here.

No question about number 2 here. If this guy wants to keep doing what he's doing, that's fine, but Mia won't be doing herself any favors by sticking around.

Anomaly
All Your Powers
Anomaly

"I'm sorry, I should've said something about how the meal was prepared." Mia hung her head for a second. "My deepest apologies."

"Yeah, yeah, get on out of here." The man grinned. As Mia turned around, his eyes flashed a light teal color, the same one as his "Honorable Mention" banner.

Zap.

Mia yelped loudly, jumping a little bit as she heard the man's voice in her head. She turned around and glared. "What was that?!"

"Nothing. Leave." He moved his hand dismissively before going back to talking to the girls. The girls seemed rather interested in his conversation, and a normal level at that too. Mia could rule out the possibility of them being mind controlled. She went back to the kitchen to receive more of the orders, leaving the man to eat and talk happily to the girls.

Work would end soon. Mia could go home.

---------------------

"GHK!"

Elora coughed, wiping her mouth. She closed her left eye as blood dripped down her forehead. The woman was confined to the walls of her apartment. Nowhere to run. He knew where she lived. Stuck. Can't move. Elora's eyes managed to focus on the figure of the man in front of her.

"I'm really pissed right now, you know?" Kalestone cracked his knuckles. "We've been at this for three hours. Aren't you going to call for help or anything? Just because you got some sort of healing ability doesn't mean you can endure everything? Thanks to you, I have to return to hero work because I'm alright!"

Elora looked up. "Ah, Keptro needs a hero-"

"NO IT DOESN'T!" Stone slammed his foot into the wall next to Elora. "It's a failed city, you hear me?! EXNet pulls the strings from everywhere! LOOK AT THIS!" He ripped his sleeve off, showing a faint "E" tattoo on his arm. "This is what happens if you've crossed Tier Four! Guess what's under there? Something that pricks me every thirty minutes! HOW DO I SLEEP?"

"T-Tier Four...? In high school you were Tier three-" Elora raised her hands over her face as Stone pushed his foot deeper into the wall.

"I was going through a rough patch. You know how chemical depression affects your powers." Kalestone pulled his leg out of the wall. "Ever considered to think...that being a hero is an impossible task? The world doesn't deserve superheroes. Powers are rare, but that doesn't make us useful. It's a damn curse."

"It...It's not a curse, Stone." Elora reached over to touch Stone's hand. A slew of blue particles flowed from her hand to his. She drew in a shaky breath and blinked. A tear fell to the ground. "I'm a real life h-healer, just like in those games we used to play a few years ago. I can make others f-feel better."

Stone's body trembled. His expression melted from his face, yet his anger seemed to remain. It was almost as though it was from the inside. "QIERA has the right idea. We're screwed either way."

Elora shook her head. "No...no we're not. We can't just let superhumans die! Especially not..." Thoughts of Mia crossed Elora's mind. She had never seen Mia give a bright, happy smile. Most of the time, Mia was upset about something or someone. Smirks with sarcasm. Glares of anger. And calm looks of relief. But never was there a moment full of joy, ecstasy, or anything else. "Nevermind."

"Superhumans? Please, Elora. Use our real name. The name that EXNet gave us."

Silence. Elora didn't say a word for what felt like the longest time. Stone and Elora exchanged glances, with the former giving slight nods in the hopes that she'd say the word.

"Anomalies."

---------------------

"What a day." Mia stepped out of the restaurant. She was free from wearing that apron. Four colors was definitely not the ideal choice in uniform design, but since it was established years ago, it stuck.

Mia clutched her bag, strolling along the pavement towards her apartment.

Bzzt! Bzzt!

Mia pulled out her phone. "Yello?"

"MIA!!"

Mia winced, pulling the phone away from her ear. Rena's voice, as cute as it sounded in person, did not translate well when she was yelling over the phone.

"Hey, what's up? Just got off work."
"Well, I just wanted to say that I need help with some-"

Ding!

"Oh, sorry Rena, someone's calling. Give me a second."

Mia took her phone off her ear and switched lines as she made the turn towards her apartment.

"Yo."
"Uh, Mr. Davis?"
"I just figured, since I haven't talked to you in a while, that I'd invite you over to the gym for some personal training time. Turn that flab into abs."
"Are you calling me FLABBY?!" Mia shouted, almost a little too loud. A few passerby glanced at her, then continued on their way.
"Well, you ain't fit that's for sure."
"God dammit...I'll show you I'm not flabby! I'm in a call with a friend right now, I'll get back to you in a bit."

Beep.

"Mia! I was gonna say I needed help with a new couch."
"Dammit. I just...two invitations.?" Mia opened the door to her apartment and walked in.
"Just come here!"
"That's...uhh...I'll decide in a second."

Rylan or Rena?
1. Rena has Karter and Collin to help with the couch. Mia accepts Rylan's invite to go to the gym.
2. Rena must've been asking for some reason. Mia goes to Rena's place to help with the couch.

B BlueClover Idea Idea YoungX YoungX ViciousVip3R ViciousVip3R thewarrior25 thewarrior25 Damafaud Damafaud doggodaily doggodaily DailyRoLord DailyRoLord IlluminatiChan IlluminatiChan official clown business official clown business CrimsonEclipse CrimsonEclipse Aminora Aminora Shinobu the vampire-puppy Shinobu the vampire-puppy Miniapollo17 Miniapollo17

Nothing was fucked up and no birds were harmed in the making of this spoiler, this was just clickbait. I got this week off from classes so if time permits I'll post every two days.

I think we should go with Rena. We build that friendship on kinda shaky ground, dropping her now would be... at the veyr least assholish, at worse deadly.

Go with 2

Users who are viewing this thread

Back