• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Multiple Settings All Your Powers (CONCLUDED & READABLE: For more info, PM! This may make a comeback!)

Mauman II
Mauman, Part II

Karter observed Mia for another second as the crackling red sphere grew in his hand. It took on a more solid appearance by now. However, this didn't faze Mia in the slightest. She knew, that with a well-placed attack, she could simply knock Karter out and end the fight as it is.

Mia grinned. Her eyes flashed crimson and the world's colors slowly melted into the blood red shade. She pushed against the ground with her foot. The power carried over and sent her speeding towards Karter.

"Whatthefu-ACK-"

Before Karter could finish, Mia slammed into his body at the speed of a highway car. The sphere that Karter was preparing for Mia simply exploded, firing out a red ring of energy that simply charred the desert sand, without affecting Mia nor Karter. It stopped a few inches short of Rena's feet. Karter felt his body shake as Mia's elbow impacted his stomach. He flew back a considerable distance, rolling onto the sand and finally coming to an abrupt stop as his back hit a sand dune.

Mia narrowed her eyes and clenched her hand. Thoughts of rage and intense emotion flooded her mind. Not only did they stay, they brought on something else. It was an adrenaline rush. "Down yet? Stay like that! I won't be afraid to beat you up again!" Mia made her way towards Karter, who still didn't respond. Little did Mia know that she was unable to see the red electricity forming around Karter's body through the Excited Mass's red vision filter.

Upon stepping in front of Karter, Mia raised her foot to give him a kick.

Before she could do land it, Karter raised his head to face Mia. She could see some sort of liquid dripping from his mouth and evaporating into a steam. The humming of electricity that seemed to follow Karter was louder than ever.

S-Saliva?

"Collin hates you for a reason. I can see why now!"

A loud crackle, followed by a buzz filled Mia's ears. Karter jumped up and thrusted his hand towards Mia's body.

She could barely raise her hands to block in time. A beam of electrical energy hit Mia square in the stomach, sending waves of pain through her body. It felt unlike anything she'd ever experienced. She screamed out as loud as she could, just for a second, before Karter ended it. Mia down, her hands hitting the ground hard, and coughed. The weight of her body held her down more than before. She coughed. The taste of iron filled her mouth and nose, and she felt like expelling all of the blood from her body. She hated the taste, she hated Karter, yet she could barely move. The red glint in her eyes disappeared as her body returned to normal. Her vision began to blur as the world went out of focus.

"Hurts, hm? That's what it feels like when you aren't bound by anything. I should've known you picked up a hero's power by now, it's been a week since Collin told us about you. Hey, Rena, come over here!"

"Coming! What happened? Did you kill her?!" The girl jogged over to Karter and Mia, looking at the latter with a pitiful glance. "That was barely a minute long, how did you get beat up so badly? Wait, she's unconscious?"

"I'd let her die, to be honest. If she copies everybody's powers, then that'll make her the most powerful human on the planet. Agh...fuck...my head." Karter sat down on the ground and spit into the sand. "Rena, listen to me carefully. I want you to reach into her body..."

Rena stared blankly at Karter. She knelt down beside Mia and exhaled softly, closing her eyes. With one gradual fluid movement, her hand phased through Mia's clothes, then her skin, and then went past her spine.

"...and hit her, hard."

"Karter, I-"

"HEY! STOP IT!"

Mia's head snapped back into position. Her eyes were bloodshot and fixated on Karter. Her glare could burn him on the spot, if she had that kind of power. "Are you seriously okay with this, you crazy woman?! Why are you trying to kill me?!"

Rena flinched and pulled her hand out of Mia's body. "I didn't want to! Karter told me to!"

"That's your reason for attempted murder?" Mia slowly got onto her knees, her glare never leaving Karter. "Because Karter told you to? Who the hell is he, anyway?"

Karter raised his hand in front of Mia's face. "Her world. I'm her world."

The ball of electricity appeared again. It was blinding, and terrifying as well. Mia flinched and raised her hands over her face, closing her eyes.

"Don't!" Rena let out a shout and grabbed Karter's arm, twisting it away from Mia. "Rena, let go-!" The electricity whizzed through the air and hit the sand, throwing a bunch of it up in the air.

Mia opened her eyes.

Did...she just do that?

Karter wasn't having any of it. His appearance had turned much more frazzled than before. His collected green eyes were now twisted into a glare as he rose to his full height. "What the fuck, Rena. We had one job." Karter grabbed Rena by the hair and shook her head, earning a whimper from the girl. "I didn't mean to! I'm sorry! I'll make it up to you! I'll hit her!"

Karter let go of her and shoved her towards Mia. "Go on, give it your best shot. You don't have to kill her. Just give her a good beating."

Mia couldn't comprehend what was going on at this point. This girl was willing to save her, and now was going to hit her. Mia could only assume that a hit from Rena was going to hurt, a lot, based on her abilities from before. "Karter, you're more twisted than Coldskin. Can't believe you're doing this."

Rena stepped up to Mia and cocked back her fist. Her previous expression of fear was now replaced by anger. She was going to hit Mia.

Karter is forcing Rena into hitting Mia! What should Mia do about this?

1. Mia attacks Rena first. Rena is clearly not expecting any sort of counterattack.Grab her hand and deliver a blow to her face. Mia shows Rena that she won't put up with a spineless human like Rena. After getting her out of the way, attack Karter and show him who's dominant.
2. Mia takes the hit from Rena. She obviously doesn't want to kill Mia, and it's better not to scare her more than she needs to be scared. Besides, being aggressive now may elicit a reaction from Karter and Rena. Save the bit of compassion that Rena has for her.

3. Push Rena aside and grab Karter's hand. Having some sort of long ranged attack may be a good thing to have around in the future, as well as now, as a defense measure against close range superhumans. Besides, Karter isn't exactly expecting to be high-fived at this moment.
4. Mia activates Elora's "Revitalize" ability for the first time and sets her hand on Rena's forehead. Recalling Mia's past experience with Revitalize, the effect of the ability actually feels good, and it may be a method of pacifying Rena and clear her thoughts.

B BlueClover Idea Idea YoungX YoungX ViciousVip3R ViciousVip3R thewarrior25 thewarrior25 Damafaud Damafaud doggodaily doggodaily DailyRoLord DailyRoLord IlluminatiChan IlluminatiChan official clown business official clown business CrimsonEclipse CrimsonEclipse Aminora Aminora Shinobu the vampire-puppy Shinobu the vampire-puppy
[Green just means pacifist. Take a page out of Elora's book. It won't happen very often.]

Rena is being forced to hit Mia. Her power seems to be related to phasing. Of course Karter has electric-based abilities but right now Mia has the element of surorise with this opportunity. Revitalize sounds like an idea and sure clearing her mind sounds great. Hypothetically let's say she does that. Clearing one's mind definitely allows for Rena a pause in thinking. Mia didn't attack her. Even if Rena was going to hurt her. Human instinct generally leans towards survival and when cornered, they act fast without really thinking. This moment of "generosity" is the key to making it a 2 v 1. Phasing can perhaps be a counter to an ability to use electric-based attacks. The terrain is extremely optimal for that too. For that reason I go with 4.

I’m gonna, without a doubt, go with 4. If it does work, the results are definitely going to be beneficial for Mia. It’s worth a shot!

Rena seems pretty nice. We won't benefit from alienating her with any of those odd ones, and Mia just isn't going to accept the hit, so we're gonna have to go with 4 and soothe Rena's spirits.

I'm leaning towards 3 or 4. 3 seems nice, but if Karter means that much to Rena then we'd probably anger her even more into attacking us, and with 4 she could end up helping us out. I'm voting 4.

I'll vote 3. Have you seen Rena? She doesn't actually have a spine. And besides, it seems she loves Karter. The idea that "making her feel good" will somehow bring her over from that is far too far fetched in my opinion, given what kind of story this is. Plus even if we did somehow gets Rena's help, Karter is still back there and ready to kill. Our best shot is to try to neutralize Karter as fast as possible, and THEN try to reason with Rena that we're not her enemy and that she doesn't have to obey that loser. When, you know, neither of us has a gun to our heads.

Plus, you know, more powers.

So I vote 3.

Mauman III
Mauman, Part III

"This is gonna hurt..." Rena trailed off as she turned on her power. Her hand began to phase into transparency.

"And this won't!"

Mia lunged forwards and placed her hand on Rena's forehead, activating Elora's ability. She had never done this in the past.

It felt strange. The cold sweat on Rena's smooth forehead and her silky soft hair felt like almost nothing under the effect of a healing ability. Mia guessed this was to prevent the user from touching any injuries, so the senses were dulled. Green light illuminated Rena's fearful face, and everything seemed to stop for just a moment.

Karter grinned. "Did you try to blow her head up? You're despicable. Rena, hit her already!"

None of Karter's words went to Rena. The girl was paralyzed with fear. Mia had touched her. She looked as though her life was being drained through her head.

"NO! DON'T TOUCH ME!"

Before Mia could say anything, Rena's skin turned a dark asphalt color, as did her hand. The healing energy was completely destroyed by the effect of Rena's teleportation. Mia tried to remove her hand from Rena's forehead. It was stuck.

With a loud bang and a flash of light, Rena and Mia disappeared from the world.

. . .

"Why did you do that?!"

Mia blinked, only to see Rena standing in front of her in the darkness. There was no sensation of movement, only weightlessness, as though they were falling. Yet nothing was moving, nobody was falling.

"It wasn't anything harmful. I have a healing ability. I'm guessing it freaked you out a little bit." Mia brushed her hair from her face and blinked a few times. "Where are we?"

"Why would you heal me? I'm fine! Nothing's wrong with me!" Rena bit her lip and gave Mia a scowl. "I can't believe I brought you here for no reason! Now you're in my personal space!"

Mia tried to move towards Rena, though found herself unable to do so. "Come on, it's nice here. Quiet, too. Can you just give me a chance to calm you down? You don't need to hang out with Karter anymore. What's so special about him?"

"Karter...Karter...he's....he saved me from QIERA." The girl flinched as she mentioned the name of the gang. They were everywhere. "He killed a man for me. Shot him through the head with a gun, then took me in his arms as soon as I fell from his grip. I was twelve at the time, six years ago."

"How's it been since then?"

"He tells me what to do and I do it without question. I owe him for saving me from death. But it's not all bad, they treat me like family, him and Collin." Rena smiled as she floated through the darkness, towards Mia.

"I don't believe you."

"What?"

"He doesn't treat you like family, he treats you like a weapon. Like an object. Like a pet."

"What are you talking abou-"

"I don't know much about growing up as a superhuman, but what I do know is that you're no less human than anyone else. It's not right, the way Karter treats you. I'm not saying you're going to turn on him, but at least give living with him a second thought. He's probably the reason you're up at night. You have tired eyes."

"I don't sleep because I worry about him! He taught me how to cook, how to fight, and how I should live my life." Rena clenched her fist and put it up to her face, as though she was preparing to hit either herself or Mia.

"Listen to yourself! You're supposed to live life how you want to, got it? Listen, I don't want this fight to drag on longer than it has to, but I'm going to make a request. Is there anything you want to do?"

"W-What? Well...I..." Rena lowered her hand, letting it hang loosely by her side. She grabbed the end of her shirt and twitched. "I wanna go and play extreme paintball."

Crap. Paintball.

Mia sighed. "Alright, well...we can go play paintball. I'd search up some locations, but someone took my phone."

Rena chuckled. "It's right here." She reached into the front of her shirt, and began digging around the side before finally pulling out the cell phone. She wiped it off and entered a number into it really quickly, then handed it to Mia. "Here you go!"

"..."

"What, you don't keep everything in your bra?"

"Well...no." Mia grinned and put the phone back in her pocket. She then stuck her hand out. "Promise you won't follow him blindly anymore."

"No. The only thing I'll do is go try to have fun with you, but just this once! I put the landline number in it already, just hope I answer it before Collin or Karter does. I'm not ready to give up either of them."

"At least give up the edgelord. At least Karter looks like a man."

"That's so true! Oh, time's running out. Just remember, I'll send you back to Keptro if you need it. I don't want you to die out here in Mauman."

. . .

"ACK!"

Mia fell flat on her stomach onto the desert stand. The sound of the wind returned to her ears. It was particularly unpleasant after experiencing the silence in Rena's personal space.

"Karter, let's go home!" Rena begged, tugging on his arm. Karter simply pushed her aside.

"Rena, have you lost your mind? Collin gave us a job. He'll kick BOTH of us out if we don't finish it."

"I talked to her! She doesn't want to drag this longer than it needs to go!" Rena went over to Mia and helped her up by holding her arm.

Mia glanced at her hands. It didn't feel like she had gotten Rena's power. Maybe it was because she had Elora's power activated at that time as well. "That's right, Karter. I'm gonna end this quickly."

"Oh, and how do you plan on doing that? Are you gonna get pulverized by my bolts or are you gonna walk all the way back to Keptro by yourself?"

"Neither. I'm gonna..."

1. Mia says she'll beat Karter to a pulp. She'll use Trust's ability to end it quickly. Karter needs to be taught a lesson.
2. Mia asks Rena to transport her back to Keptro, to end this senseless fighting between herself and Karter.

B BlueClover Idea Idea YoungX YoungX ViciousVip3R ViciousVip3R thewarrior25 thewarrior25 Damafaud Damafaud doggodaily doggodaily DailyRoLord DailyRoLord IlluminatiChan IlluminatiChan official clown business official clown business CrimsonEclipse CrimsonEclipse Aminora Aminora Shinobu the vampire-puppy Shinobu the vampire-puppy Miniapollo17 Miniapollo17

As you know, I announced yesterday that I've gotten into a situation and that AYP will be going on hiatus for two days. The thing is, my mom was involved in some fraud (which I don't want to go into more detail about) and as a result I had to be with her and go everywhere with her, as she didn't want to leave neither me nor my adoptive sister at home. As a result of this, I couldn't update this because it would make no sense for me to write at a time like this. Fortunately, the situation was resolved MUCH quicker than I had hoped, and here I am writing the AYP update a day early! Thank you all for waiting patiently, and I look forward to seeing your votes!

Edit: Upon looking at ViciousVip3Rs' post, I'm inclined to take the second option now hue.

Last edited:
(Glad to hear everything is ok!)
(Rena's teleportation power is something I've often wished for myself, the thought of a personal space that you could teleport to always sounded so alluring. Great choice!)

At this point, fighting further is just pointless. Rena has made it clear how important Karter and Collin are to her, so attacking Karter now will just provoke and alienate her. In addition, I am starting to get a clearer picture of Karter, and it sort of seems like he is putting up an act: maybe acting tough and rude is just a coping mechanism or a way to ensure that him and those around him are not hurt. It's not uncommon for people with traumatic experiences to develop trust issues or put up a false facade in an unguided attempt at protecting themselves. I think it is also important to note that we all have a common enemy: the Q gang. We should stop fighting among ourselves and convince first Karter, and then Collin, that we are on the same team (I think we are off to a good start with Rena already, so I would assume that she is already on board with working with us). Asking Rena to teleport us away is a good first step to defusing the situation, and we can use the number Rena gave us to continue the dialogue with Karter and Collin and work to resolve the issue at a later time. I think we got off on the wrong foot with them since they felt threatened by us, but they really do seem like good kids, so I think there is an opportunity to turn enemies into friends. After all, supers should stick together.

1 seems like it would undo the little bit of Trust (stealth pun) we gained from Rena and just make us look like a liar, so i think 2 is the best. Plus it's a free ride back to Keptro!

Mauman IV [ARC 1 END]
Mauman, Part IV (End of Arc 1)

"Neither? What's that supposed to mean?"

"I'm done fighting you. You're not my enemy, we're both supers. The only people we have to worry about are the ones that are the QIERA gang. The kind of people you shot just to save Rena's life. Let's just agree on a truce." Mia stuck her hand out. "Rena, I want to go back to Keptro."

Karter scoffed. "It doesn't matter. I'm not gonna become your pal just 'cause you're supposedly a good girl. You're still on the bottom, you're still a villager from a small town who doesn't know the city. Ebeville? I can tell from your way of speaking. Well, let me tell you something, Ebeville. The city's much tougher than you think. People are gonna want you, both good and bad, including EXNet. Don't touch EXNet, they're gonna rip your country ass right-"

"Karter, leave it alone! I'm sending her back, that's it." Rena tapped her hand against Mia's wrist, creating a patch of dark purple energy that began to spread around Mia's body.

"Thanks, and I know. Also, Karter..." began Mia with a smirk.

"What's it now, Ebeville?"

"I'm going to play paintball with Rena next week! Keep her open for me!" With that, Mia disappeared on the spot, leaving Karter and Rena together.

"Why did you agree to that? Rena?"

Karter glanced down and saw the girl clutching his arm. "Cause, I've never gone paintballing before! I'm gonna have fun with her!"

"Alright, well, you could've just asked me." Karter put his hand on Rena's shoulder and squeezed it, earning a flinch and a soft yelp from her. "We're going back! Let's just leave! Bye Mauman! I won't miss this place!"

And finally, Rena and Karter disappeared, now on their way back to Collin's residence.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

"Back again." Mia sighed with relief as she appeared in front of the gym once again. She hadn't gotten a chance to change out of her gym clothes, but that was probably what let her move fast enough to hit Karter in the first place.

It was almost time to go home. The sun had come down a fair bit, and Keptro was now packed with people going back home. Mia began her walk to the bus stop and pulled out her phone. Right there, in the middle of her contact list, was "RENA <3".

A smile crossed Mia's lips as she boarded the bus, sitting down. A lot was accomplished, even in that short amount of time. For one, Mia was going to go have fun next week with someone new, and then she could go ahead and start searching for the three heroes.

The bus stopped a few blocks from her apartment. Mia paid the driver and walked off to her apartment. By now, it was completely dark, and there was nothing much to do, except go to work and lay low for a while. Maybe talking to Elora and Rylan about what happened would help a bit, but that would be a job for much later.

Mia didn't even bother turning on the lights when walking into her apartment. She simply stumbled to the bed and fell, flat on her stomach. Before long, she was fast asleep, and in that position too.

She was definitely going to feel this in the morning.

1. No vote this time! All Your Powers has reached a cooldown point where action can subside and no real choices are needed. I just want to take this opportunity to let you guys know that All Your Powers will be going on a 12-day hiatus. My mom's getting married in a month, and I JUST got this news today (I knew she was getting married, it's just that I found out when it was taking place). It's much earlier than I expected, so I'm just gonna have to take up extra shifts in work to help pay for the wedding expenses. New dad has a huge family and they're going to be there too! Also, this break is also important towards creativity, as I still want to be delivering quality content! I don't want anything in this RP to go stale, so this break is probably something I'd need to think of new situations to put Mia and the other characters in. Anyways, enough rambling. Thank you all for your extremely helpful participation, and I'll see you all on the 16th of February! Oh, and before I drop you guys off, let me know your favorite character in All Your Powers so far. I'm curious.

Congrats on the good news!

This is a tough choice, since I like all of them so much...But if I had to choose, I'd say Trust.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back