• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings All Your Powers (Platypus)

duegxybus

Ten Thousand Club

All Your Powers (Platypus)
Ever wondered what it would be like if you had the ability to copy other people's powers, but you'd never know because nobody else in the world has powers?

Well, such was the life of 18-year-old
Mia Steele. She always wondered if she had some obscure power that nobody could make out, because superpowers weren't a reality in her small home town of Ebeville. Yet, Mia never backed down in the face of injustice. She protected her friends from bullies, and would absolutely not stand for a long wait at the local 11Seven.

Things would change for
Mia as she moved to Keptro City for the big life. Keptro was huge. She was amazed by the size, shape, and everything there was. And that was when she learned about the existence of them. Superheroes. There are confirmed that there are exactly 50 individuals in the entire world that have these so-called superpowers. And that was when she met her first one.

She was enthusiastic, reading about the teenage hero known as Coldskin, a 17 year old boy with enhanced durability. He couldn't withstand bullets, but he could withstand a punch. It was a really pathetic power. But meeting even the most pathetic heroes in real life was an honor. There were, after all, only fifty in the whole world.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

"Hey! Hey! You're a superhero, right?! You're Coldskin!" Mia shouted out as she fought through the crowd of mumbling citizens. Upon making her way to the front, she saw Coldskin in all of his glory. Skin-tight gray suit, lean, but not as fit as a hero should be, and extremely dull looking. Then came the questions. Those at the front always asked questions.
"What's your superpower?"
"How did you survive that fall?"
"What's it like to be a hero of the people, but not the best?"
"How does it feel like to be weak as shit?!"

The hero, Coldskin, simply dismissed the questions.
"Now, now guys, I won't be answering your questions if you keep badgering me like that. You guys try to survive a fall from that height. I bet most of you would break your back-"
Coldskin was cut off as Mia jumped forwards and grabbed his hand. Her hand began to glow a light grey, though nobody noticed this. She didn't let go. She couldn't let go. "Hey, hey, what do you want?" An annoyed Coldskin inquired, frowning.
"I'm so interested to see your powers! What does being durable feel like?"

Coldskin was enraged. He was just about done with these people, and done with everyone. He cocked back a fist, and thrusted it straight at Mia's face.

CONK!

Mia was still standing, with her head tilted to the opposite side. The expression on her face was one of pure shock. Coldskin pulled his fist back and felt his wrist.
"Your eyes...they're glowing the same color as my powers. What the hell did you do?"

"I...uh..." Mia was at a loss of words. She turned around and sprinted away, leaving the public to speculate what happened.
"Did Coldskin just punch that girl?"
"Do they have the same power? What are the chances!"
"Maybe she copied his power by grabbing his hand?"
"Feh! That's ridiculous! There's no such ability...you can't just copy the powers of others..."

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Mia made her way home only to realize that she had a power. And of all powers, it had to be Coldskin's. She spent hours in front of the mirror, activating and deactivating it. The silver glow of her eyes never got old to look at. As she blinked and turned it off for the last time, she looked down at her hands. She was a copycat.

While watching the news that night, cooped up in her new, clean apartment, she came to a realization that maybe not everything was perfect in Keptro.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

"...And with that, we come to the fact that the true heroes of this city, Zippety Zap, Crackshot McGee, and Kale are all hospitalized with peculiar conditions. Zip is completely paralyzed from the neck down, the Crackshot has lost his eyesight, and Kale is suffering from muscle atrophy that renders him incredibly weak. We're stuck with the weak hero Coldskin. And with the rising threat of the Qiera gang taking over the city slowly, we may be in for an incredibly dark future."

"Qiera Gang, huh? Well, if these heroes are heroes, and they're all in compromising situations, I guess that means I'm supposed to go and borrow their powers. Will they ever let me? I guess I'll go and find out, first thing tomorrow. For now, sleep."

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

The journey of Mia Steele starts here. Will she acquire every single superpower she can get her hands on and be the hero that Keptro needs, or will she set her sights on something else? Either way, one thing is clear. She wants to make a difference. This quest will focus on the journey of Mia Steele and her acquiring of several superpowers. How she uses them will be up to you to decide.

[1. Join this Quest Log Roleplay!]
[2. Join this Quest Log Roleplay!]

Aha I love the first post but Is this an interactive story? Or do we introduce characters with powers mia can borrow and help overall with?

Aha I love the first post but Is this an interactive story? Or do we introduce characters with powers mia can borrow and help overall with?

Well, not exactly. Each and every participant of a quest roleplay has a say in which choice the main character, which in this case is Mia Steele, makes by choosing one of the options that I provide in each post. It's quite simple, there are many examples of quest RPs on this site anyways ^^

I'm glad to have you on board though, if you stick around you can help shape the story by influencing Mia's decisions!

I guess it's as good a time as any to participate in one of these. I just need to choose the options, right?

Yeah! They're easy to participate in! ^^

Users who are viewing this thread

Back