• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern All Your Powers II: Rightful Ownership

(Oof, that lack of goodbye hurt...I mean, would hurt, for losers of course)

Cats are cool, but it will have to wait. (Unless going into the centre will give us context clues as to what is happening...)

I'm going to play devil's advocate and argue for option three. We've already ruled out 1 as a lower priority, leaving us the choice between intervening with action or with words. While asking them seems to be the safest, and most noncommittal choice, it doesn't really accomplish anything other than distract two supers locked in combat which could have disastrous consequences to all the "civilians" nearby. Because, let's be honest, there's no way that either of them will admit to being the villain in this scenario, so this leads us back to square one. The reason why we should choose to help the man is twofold: one, based on the dialogue and actions, or lack of actions, of the police, we can conclude that this man is working with the authorities, which refers to the police as well as likely EXNet. Secondly, by helping the side with an upper hand, we avoid a stalemate to reach a swift conclusion to this conflict. It is also important to note that the man is not trying to attack the girl, but rather trap her for "the cops". We should also avoid overlooking the fact that helping this man could gain us a favour, and even potentially a powerful ally in the future. As such, I can confidently and decisively say my choice is 3.

The devil's avocado is back!

You're on the right track here! I won't say if it's right or wrong (because there is no right or wrong), but if we're trying to make Jade a real hero, she needs to make split second decisions based on what's happening around her. Good job though, I missed this kind of stuff and I'm glad it's back!

The devil's avocado is back!

You're on the right track here! I won't say if it's right or wrong (because there is no right or wrong), but if we're trying to make Jade a real hero, she needs to make split second decisions based on what's happening around her. Good job though, I missed this kind of stuff and I'm glad it's back!

Yes indeed. :hornstongue; I'm glad you're glad, I'll try to keep it up ;)

(I love that video haha)

In that case, I’m changing my vote and going for 4. I just don’t trust this guy. Or ExNET. In this universe, the autority figures are not always the good ones.

Option 2 sounds like the safest bet, but we would be wasting time with this indecision. I’ll go with option 3, solely because that favor may or may not come in handy later.

Catcall 1-2

All Your Powers II
Rightful Ownership

Arc 1-2: Catcall
Villains ruin everything, or so I heard. I always expected there to be a blurry distinction between heroes and villains, and I'd be unable to tell the difference between one or the other. After all, things were supposed to be not like the comics. But unfortunately, some stereotypes applied. The line was clearer than I thought. And when she didn't claim her defense, or say that he was the villain, I'd make my move.

I stepped over the police line.

"Miss!" The officer called out from behind me, but I wasn't going to stop. Here's where I'd make a name for myself. I let my body melt into its powered state, allowing copious amounts of 'power' to rush through uninhibited. My vision lightened, sharpened even, as I rushed toward the lady. I knew I wasn't running any faster than a sprint, but it sure as hell felt like it.

I doubled down, reaching past one of the triplets and catching the woman around the neck. She screamed as she saw me, possibly startled by my own abilities, and failed to resist. We slammed into the ground together, with me rolling on top of her, then going under her body.

I felt the concrete scrape against my back, while the rest of her weight rolled over me. Momentum did most of the work, and I didn't have to worry about being pinned down for long. I could've felt at least five separate times the ground scratched up my shirt. It had only been a few seconds, and I didn't know exactly what powers I'd get to use at the moment.

Her skin was hard, and she experienced no discomfort like I did. Only now did I realize it was like tackling a brick, with none of the edges or inconsistencies you'd feel on a stony surface. I suppose very hard glass would be a better description for her body. She got to her feet before I did.

Oh shit.

"Who the hell are you?!" She ran towards me, taking a longer stride with her left foot as though she were about to kick a soccer ball. She planted it right before my gaze. I could barely process the events that followed. The impact, the momentary darkness, and then the pain.

I let out a grunt as her foot hit my face. She didn't strike me with her toes - no, she made an effort to hit me with the inside of her foot. And it hurt.

I rolled backwards, clutching my face. She caught me in the jaw, just underneath my eye. Before she could get another hit on me, I rolled backwards and attempted to get to my feet, clutching at one of the triplets. It stumbled, then looked down at me.

Nope. It's hideous. I'm not looking at that thing. It was at that moment, before I could say anything else, the lady stepped forward and kicked at the triplet. The triplet ducked, pushed me to the side, then reached out to grab her.

I could only watch the fight for a few seconds, until I became painfully aware of the throbbing in my face. The left side of my face was against the ground, and that's where she hit me. I could only imagine the horrific bruising that resulted. I scooted backwards while another triplet lunged forward, pressing against the woman to keep her in the same lock as before.

Power. I needed power. I amped it up a notch, letting whatever usually happened when I used my power flow through me. I would've closed my eyes, if what I got wasn't as unexpected as it was. My face continued to hurt.

Instead of healing me, my hand simply began to vanish. Vanish. For a moment I was confused, thinking I was disintegrated. But why invisibility?! That's the least convenient power at the moment. I can't do anything with it. I need something to break through that lady's skin.

I cancelled my power, turning it off. The world darkened to its usual state, and the sounds around me began to flood back in. I heard fire sirens, piercing the air as the trucks approached from the distance. They were still too far to matter, but I could hear them.

A pair of hands grabbed me under the armpits.

"Hey!?" I yelped, turning to hit whoever touched me. It was the hero, fortunately.

"Calm," he huffed, dragging me to my feet. He was strong. I didn't expect him to pull me up and push me toward the sidewalk. I barely caught my footing as I ended up on my knees, hitting the pavement. I couldn't stop thinking of why my power wanted me to vanish rather than heal me. The other two superhumans were probably fucking with my powers.

From what I knew, my ability belonged to a new category recently discovered by EXNet, something about replicating existing powers. The only thing is that, from what they knew, I drew from a series of abilities that were used, expended, then recycled for later use.

It was very similar to a gun cartridge with different types of bullets, ready to fire one after the other. I didn't use my power nearly enough as most would've, as most of my uses were on accident. I've been fast. I've been strong. Both occasions called for it. I've run from my apartment to the ground floor in twenty seconds before, and also that box from my EXNet test required strength. But this made no sense whatsoever. Vanishing?

I heard some things whooshing in the background. The fire trucks had arrived. The first one in the line made a hard left, sectioning off the opposite section of street. It was a redundancy, but needed. The other one swerved right, blocking off the road. Police line to my left, firetrucks to my right. It was a sectioned box, watched by civilians and officers alike, about half a city block in size.

In the center? The triplets and the woman. The street, near the trucks? The hero. And me? I was sitting on the sidelines, face throbbing with pain, and lost on what my power was trying to do.

A twinge of disappointment crossed my mind as I saw four firemen hop out of the truck. Two held extinguishers, and one held the hose with his hand on the nozzle. Was this nonlethal force in Baxterport? Water?

It was understandable. I guessed losing a superhuman was a big deal, considering we were rather rare. The last two years saw a dramatic increase, from fifty to maybe in the early hundreds. I wasn't honestly sure.

"Don't move!" One of the firemen bellowed, his voice much rougher than his physical disposition. He raised the hose, clicked it two dials to the left, and aimed it toward the villain. "Identification, all of you!"

"Tetrarch," the hero replied, not ceasing his movement. Either he ignored the firefighter entirely, or he didn't hear his earlier direction. He stepped forward, throwing his arms forward in a quick and elegant manner, like he were doing some martial arts or something.

Before I could possibly see, the third triplet pinned his body up against the woman and the collective of four fell to the ground. From my angle, I could see that one of the triplets covered her mouth and pinched her nose shut. Another grabbed her throat, while the third started pounding her face. I didn't hear any flesh-to-flesh contact, only a plastic ringing.

When it happened, I became painfully aware of my own face. It didn't heal like I'd hope, and it started to go numb.

"I said, IDENTIFICATION!" The firefighter shouted again. Right. I had to do something.

The fire department is here to section off the street. The villain and hero are currently in stalemate, and firemen are watching. What should Jade do about this? Also, Jade can turn invisible.

1. Jade turns invisible and gets the hell out of there. There must be a reason why she ended up with invisibility instead of, say, regeneration.
2. Jade identifies herself by her civilian name and draws attention to her injury. She shows her EXNet identification as well to show that she has powers but, is in fact, a civilian.

3. Jade comes up with an alias on the spot, states her presence as a superhero. [Write-in for potential alias names?]. Jade will not identify herself with EXNet unless asked. Jade will then assist Tetrarch's triplets again.
4. Jade identifies herself by her civilian name, then mentions that she's helping take down a villain. She also mentions that she is not yet a public hero, but registered with EXNet for her powers. Identify with EXNet tattoo.

Hooray I posted!

Option 1 seems like the worst idea, to me at least. Now that Jade’s been spotted, if she were to suddenly just disappear while a conflict was going on, then she’d draw more attention to herself. Who knows, they might start searching for her if that happens. At the same time, Options 2 and 4 would require her revealing her civilian name, which could potentially backfire later on. I’d go with Option 3, though I for one have no idea what her alias should be.

Option 3. Sounds like our best option, plus since we’re making a name for ourselves this might turn out really well

For alias, I’m going to throw my hat in the ring and suggest Lancaster like the pistol with multiple barrels :)

I agree with option 3 but feel lancaster is too masculine. Pugnare is my vote, last I checked it’s inconsistent in Latin. Like, because we don’t have one consistent power.

Sorry I missed the last one, I don't get on this site too often after college started for me.:ghostxnx:

I like option 3 and Pugnare, though Lancaster is also a cool name and both seem fitting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back