• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings All Your Powers II: Rightful Ownership [Superpowers | Standalone story | Action n stuff]

duegxybus

Ten Thousand Club

All Your Powers II
Rightful Ownership

I don't think I've ever realized how inhuman we look when we first flick that mental switch. The switch that turns on your abilities. The switch that charges your body to the point that your vision changes color and you feel surges of energy shooting through your body. I've never seen anyone look like that. Hell, I've never even activated my own power while staring into a mirror. I doubt I'd have used it so freely if I'd known this is what I would be.

As the television played the video -- my video, to my face, a series of latches clicked behind my neck. They were doing all my paperwork behind me. I was no longer in the laboratory. The evaluation room looked more homely, with proper wallpaper. I sat on a beige recliner. A wooden coffee table stood next to me. Atop it lay a plastic container.

My video was downright gross. The evaluations they'd done for me were far from intrusive, yet I couldn't help but feel my stomach lurch as I moved. In the video, I'd taken a step forward. My gaze traveled back and forth. For a fraction of a second, I'd have taken a glance at the camera. Two spheres of white but dim firework took up the space that my eyes were once in. I couldn't see my own irises. Gross. Inhuman. Unreal. Wasn't that supposed to be a cool thing in cartoons?

It was a gray, perfectly mid-toned room. The pure image of a testing facility's 'four white walls' was bullshit. The amount of dirt and grime that would stick to white walls would only be unsettling to the next person who'd test here. Besides, white walls wouldn't allow the proctors to see certain abilities.

Horrid grinding returned static through the audio. A hollow aluminum box skidded my way from the left side of the screen, screeching loudly. It was strange seeing myself from a side angle. My hair'd gotten much longer and darker over the last few weeks, and I could've sworn their ash colored testing robes made me look a bit on the heavy side.

I waited for the good bit. This would be the part where I'd attack the box, just like they told me to. I remember clearly what it was like. Spoiler alert -- I crushed that box like a can of soda. But I wanted to watch it on the screen.

"That's it." A voice pulled me out of my trance. The TV shut down before I could even watch myself crush the box.

"Wh....what?" I stuttered, shakily turning my head to the proctor. Again, labcoats were bullshit. Scientists rarely wore labcoats, if at all. It was more like an apron if it was dangerous. But Dr. Edward looked like he'd just woken up and on a blue v-neck. It was, after all, 11 PM on a Sunday.

"I think we're done with your testing. We got your results back, so I can't have the TV running." He scratched his beard with his pen, and smiled. "We placed you in the Fourth Tier. Congratulations, Miss Hayes."

Fourth Tier? Does that put me on par with that one infamous hero?

"I know what you're thinking. Does that put you on par with some infamous hero you can't remember the name for? No, it doesn't. Not even close." Dr. Edward said. His eyes had melted into glowing, ocean-blue spheres. A translucent blue ring surrounded his neck, looping around my head.

Was he reading my mind?? That's not fair.

"Yes. Well, your surface thoughts." Dr. Edward stated bluntly. "And it is fair. I'm supposed to evaluate you one last time before tattooing your forearm. You're good."

Woah. A mind reader.

"Ah, yes. Pardon me, I've almost forgotten," Dr. Edward added. His eyes returned to normal. He picked up the plastic sleeve from the coffee table and extracted a perfectly clean tattoo needle. "I've forgotten to ask you the most important question."

I cleared my throat.

"The last ten days you spent with us were completely voluntary. You didn't have to surrender your cell phone to us. You didn't have to complete sixteen different trials for six different categories. Why did you register your powers with us. Why do you want your name, 'Jade Hayes', to be forever ingrained in our database?" Dr. Edward asked. "Why, with EXNet?"

Why was it EXNet?
To become a registered superhuman and discover myself?
To help my friends with all my ability? Even those that aren't natural?

To make a name for myself, and enter the "big leagues?"
To become someone's idol? A self-sacrificing hero? The shining beacon of hope?

But before we can answer those, there's a more pressing question.

Who's ability is it, for real? Is it really as simple as everyone makes it seem?

Find out in All Your Powers II: Rightful Ownership!

Dumb Info Stuff (for nubs & everyone): If you made it down here, CONGRATULATIONS! I'd absolutely love to have you on board my Quest RP! That's right, you, the new person who read this who has no idea what All Your Powers is! But why would I want someone new for what looks like a sequel?

It's because it's a standalone story. New characters and a new plot. It's gonna go a different direction too than the first one. Trust me, I want you! It'll be like a whole new Quest RP, aside from a few names and places. But you could pick those up easily!

Oh, and I said I'd tag y'all. Veterans from the first All Your Powers!

B BlueClover YoungX YoungX ViciousVip3R ViciousVip3R ViciousVip3R ViciousVip3R ViciousVip3R ViciousVip3R thewarrior25 thewarrior25 Damafaud Damafaud IlluminatiChan IlluminatiChan official clown business official clown business CrimsonEclipse CrimsonEclipse Miniapollo17 Miniapollo17 Epiphany Epiphany Pryno Pryno

Yay! Yes I tagged you three times Vicious :3

Oh yeah. This Quest RP will be Always Open! If you're reading the interest check after the Quest started, and still want to vote, by all means go ahead! I'll post the IC thread links when this bby gets started. See y'all there!

PS. I'll possibly be introducing a 2nd protagonist later. Also the first post will fully explain the 1st protag's power in detail.

Last edited:
This looks cool. QUESTION.
Is that a example of how the RP will look, the first post, or both?

YOU KNOW I'M INTERESTED

[Busts out guitar] tHE SHAMMIES ARE BACK IN TOWN

Sign me up for the "Shining beacon of hope" option. :)

A lotta people could use a beacon of hope. Especially me. I like things that are well lit. I swear I'm not a moth. Good to see you! :bishiesparklesl:

Nice to see this come up! :O

Nice to see that you showed up to the party! <3

Give me that self discovery option.

Let's become a monk

Let us become one with nature. Join me in this relaxing meditation. Focus on your breathing...

[Inhales, then falls asleep because of Dama's floofy kitten sounds]

This looks cool. QUESTION.
Is that a example of how the RP will look, the first post, or both?

Both!~

It's kind of a prologue and a sample. Think of it like Post 0. Those four boxes at the bottom will normally be filled with choices, numbered 1-4.

The writing style in the RP is going to be similar (but with more dialogue/action and less narration) and will be written in 1st-person from the perspective of the protagonist. The 2nd protagonist may be in 1st or 3rd person.

Also (in case formatting and code meant the "look" as well), all posts will have a similar BBCode (depending of the time of day in the actual Quest Log, I'll be either using a lighter gray background or a black background). I'm still kind of experimenting with color.

But, yeah, that's about all there really is. I always tend to write a bit in interest checks, just so readers & players can get an idea of what my writing's like.

I would prefer to help my friends. And for the power, it would be the ability to shapeshift. Infiltration mode!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back