• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

All Your Powers II: OOC

duegxybus

Ten Thousand Club

All Your Powers II
EXNet's Lounge

Seriously, why didn't I make an OOC until now? Might be because I decided to choke myself out with life ahaha but didn't we all?? Anyways, it's winter break! December, January, and the first half of the year is always the best time to do literally anything. Because of this, I've decided to pick up the pace here. First things first...

Vote counting! Since RPNation as a whole isn't as active as it once was, I'll be willing to pitch in tiebreakers if it comes down to it. There could be either a redo vote or a tiebreaker, whichever works out. Or, I could take into account the color of the PREVIOUS choice and do the tiebreaker that way. I might do that, actually...cuz...yeah.

I'll probably make a Character Repository in another tab below if I can bring myself to doing it. I'll also start doing vote tallies and such, just to keep track of things. Most importantly, this is still an OOC! Feel free to post absolutely whatever you want in here! That's all!

Last edited:
VOTE TALLY for Post 2: Academic Writing & Cat Insighting

wdinatx wdinatx : 3!
ViciousVip3R ViciousVip3R : Not sure if 2, or 4, hmmm...which one?
Pryno Pryno : 4!
B BlueClover : Not sure if 2 or 4?
Damafaud Damafaud : 4!
Miniapollo17 Miniapollo17 : 4!
Epiphany Epiphany : None yet (Still with us?)
CrimsonEclipse CrimsonEclipse : None yet (Still with us?)
b l o o m s b l o o m s : None yet (I might've edited your tag in later, so you might have not seen the post)

Anyway, here's the link to the post if you haven't voted yet: Click Me!

Thank you all for being super patient with me. I hope all of you did well on your finals though! o~(*^*)~o

VOTE TALLY for Post 2: Academic Writing & Cat Insighting

wdinatx wdinatx : 3!
ViciousVip3R ViciousVip3R : Not sure if 2, or 4, hmmm...which one?
Pryno Pryno : 4!
B BlueClover : Not sure if 2 or 4?
Damafaud Damafaud : 4!
Miniapollo17 Miniapollo17 : 4!
Epiphany Epiphany : None yet (Still with us?)
CrimsonEclipse CrimsonEclipse : None yet (Still with us?)
b l o o m s b l o o m s : None yet (I might've edited your tag in later, so you might have not seen the post)

Anyway, here's the link to the post if you haven't voted yet: Click Me!

Thank you all for being super patient with me. I hope all of you did well on your finals though! o~(*^*)~o
I'll go with 4!

(Haha, no worries. Thanks, you too!)

VOTE TALLY: ARC 1-1
wdinatx wdinatx : 2 (Woah I didn't know you felt that strongly about cats)
ViciousVip3R ViciousVip3R : 3
Pryno Pryno : 2 4!
B BlueClover : 2!
Damafaud Damafaud : 3!
Miniapollo17 Miniapollo17 : None yet
Epiphany Epiphany : None yet
CrimsonEclipse CrimsonEclipse : None yet
b l o o m s b l o o m s : None yet

Tally
1: 0
2: 2
3: 2
4: 1

Damn, we need some way to break the tie. The previous choices were as follows

Arc 0-1: 1 (Steel)
Arc 0-2: 4 (Silver)

2 (Cobalt) and 3 (Gold) seem to be popular this time around, none of which have been done before. Guess we need a few more votes to come to a conclusion!

So, it's already 2019 guys! Insert obligatory joke about not having updated this since last year, lol (ง ื▿ ื)ว

Happy belated new year y'all

Just to know, what is the signification of the color code this time? (If there is one)

Just to know, what is the signification of the color code this time? (If there is one)

It usually means something similar each time, but it's (roughly) as follows

Steel (1) - Grounded, first-response type of decision which is usually as quick as possible. Also deals with self preservation above all else.

Cobalt (2) - Sort of the people-pleaser or pacifist choice, to keep everyone involved as level-headed as possible. This one usually has the "in between" choice (like this one involved asking who's the baddie)

Gold (3) - Originally this was supposed to be the choice that caters to the character's status and makes them seem as strong as possible, but now it's more like a stubborn, passionate, and somewhat self centered type of choice. Basically, you say or do what others might not want to hear or see, but doing this may be respectable in some situations

Silver (4) - Blatant heroism. Help those in need and judge someone by their actions, not their dialogue or intentions. Just do what the hero within tells you to! The problem is it's a hard affirmative or a hard negative, with no in between choices.

2ND VOTE TALLY: ARC 1-1
wdinatx wdinatx : 2 (Woah I didn't know you felt that strongly about cats)
ViciousVip3R ViciousVip3R : 3
Pryno Pryno : 2 4!
B BlueClover : 2!
Damafaud Damafaud : 3!
Miniapollo17 Miniapollo17 : None yet
Epiphany Epiphany : None yet
CrimsonEclipse CrimsonEclipse : 3
b l o o m s b l o o m s : None yet

Tally
1: 0
2: 2
3: 3
4: 1

The tie is broken, yes!! If anyone would like to get any last votes in, now's the time LOL

Also if you don't want to be tagged anymore, please let me know. I promise my feelings won't be hurt. I just don't want to keep pinging you if you've already dropped :<

1st Vote Tally: Catcall 1-2

wdinatx wdinatx : 3; Pugnare
ViciousVip3R ViciousVip3R : 3; Lancaster
Pryno Pryno : 3; Lancaster
B BlueClover : 3; Lancaster
Damafaud Damafaud : None yet!
Miniapollo17 Miniapollo17 : 3; Pugnare (Good luck SKILL to you. Enjoy college!)
Epiphany Epiphany : None yet! (Booboo where did you go?)
CrimsonEclipse CrimsonEclipse : 3; Indeterminate Name (Lancaster or Pugnare? Both are both hot at the moment!)
b l o o m s b l o o m s : None yet! (And I miss you *piano sounds* and I need you *piano sounds* -- But seriously, are you doing alright? I haven't heard from you in a while.)

TOTAL TALLY
3: 6 votes oh heck
Sorry, other choices!

Pugnare: 2 votes
Lancaster: 3 votes

Now it's pretty clear right now that option 3 is going to be used as will the name Lancaster. But I'd still like to extend an offer to CrimsonEclipse CrimsonEclipse to vote for/suggest a name because they didn't get a chance to at first. No pressure though, if you don't want to vote for a name you don't have to! It's all good either way.

But for now, Lancaster 3 is the choice if nothing else happens.

1st Vote Tally: Catcall 1-2

wdinatx wdinatx : 3; Pugnare
ViciousVip3R ViciousVip3R : 3; Lancaster
Pryno Pryno : 3; Lancaster
B BlueClover : 3; Lancaster
Damafaud Damafaud : None yet!
Miniapollo17 Miniapollo17 : 3; Pugnare (Good luck SKILL to you. Enjoy college!)
Epiphany Epiphany : None yet! (Booboo where did you go?)
CrimsonEclipse CrimsonEclipse : 3; Indeterminate Name (Lancaster or Pugnare? Both are both hot at the moment!)
b l o o m s b l o o m s : None yet! (And I miss you *piano sounds* and I need you *piano sounds* -- But seriously, are you doing alright? I haven't heard from you in a while.)

TOTAL TALLY
3: 6 votes oh heck
Sorry, other choices!

Pugnare: 2 votes
Lancaster: 3 votes

Now it's pretty clear right now that option 3 is going to be used as will the name Lancaster. But I'd still like to extend an offer to CrimsonEclipse CrimsonEclipse to vote for/suggest a name because they didn't get a chance to at first. No pressure though, if you don't want to vote for a name you don't have to! It's all good either way.

But for now, Lancaster 3 is the choice if nothing else happens.

Lancaster fine with me.

wdinatx wdinatx
ViciousVip3R ViciousVip3R
Pryno Pryno
B BlueClover
Damafaud Damafaud
Miniapollo17 Miniapollo17
Epiphany Epiphany
CrimsonEclipse CrimsonEclipse
b l o o m s b l o o m s

I'm ripping the bandaid off, guys.
I'm slaying the hydra.
I'm dehydrating the leviathan.
I'm banishing the demon. Whatever you want to call it.

Among other things, RPN's draft system just fuckin' deleted roughly 1,200 words worth of post so there goes my motivation for literally anything. So here's usually the part where I wallow in a bottle of self pity and make a mess of everything.

Anyways, I don't want to say my reasons are "too personal", because I've been trying to be more honest with everyone - myself, and you all too. So I'm going to lay out all the reasons why I'm going to have to kill this (this is the 3rd Quest RP and 5th RP overall I've had to end because it's detrimental to my own or my members' health). On top of this, well...you're all pretty personal to me <3

Ok well, now isn't the time for hearts so here goes.

1) Dwindling motivation. I don't know what I want to write, or what I need to write. I've hit a huge wall about the size of a US Border barrier that would make Donald Trump blush. AYP...isn't cutting it. My writing's changed quite a bit since last year, and I feel kind of gross writing for this nowadays. Like I'm walking through wet toilet paper or something.

2) Bones hurt. Well, not really, but writing this really grinds me. It has nothing to do with the wall, it has to do with this godawful storyline I've created with half-assed powers and virtually no worldbuilding. I just...I just don't like it! I'm sorry if you do...but I don't. I'm really, really sorry if this a letdown.

3) Dragging y'all around. I've been doing an awful lot of that. Pinging when you might not need to be pinged, and such (and I'm doing it again, dammit...). I just don't want to feel like I'm taking you all on a ride that has no end.

4) Everything's so slow. Self explanatory.

5) I'm growing up. Not that I'm outgrowing writing, I'm just getting busier with stuff. I know for a fact I'm going to university now and that my life is going to change a lot soon. A change of place means a change of writing, and AYP is like a link to the old world.

6) Most of AYP was written under duress. The first one was a product of a stressful ending of two previous RPs, ones that ended with me getting called a bunch of bad names and having a multitude of personal secrets spilled into a Discord chat.

Then, as the year progressed, I was in a terrible recovery. My mom decided get to married in the midst of all this and was okay with making me work to pay for a wedding. I was working anyway, but that money was for me.

If anyone knows me, I'm shallow. I like having money, I like seeing a nice sum in my account. But knowing that was all going toward a wedding, something I don't believe in, was kind of hard. Then another RP happened. Then another Quest RP happened. One ended in someone raiding the server and calling me a brand new set of bad names, and another ended because of me telling a partner about a less-than-desirable way for me to earn in real life.

And then I had a terrible fight with someone else over them deceiving me. But of course, I was in the wrong because he wasn't a jerkass to anyone else.

Writing AYP today is making me relive those moments, and I hate it so much. I wrote this story to get away from all that, even though so many of my problems were writing based too. It was an idea dump. But now, I don't need it anymore. So yeah. AYP is basically a cursed story for me.

Well that's about it. I hate typing these excuses, but I've gotten used to doing it.

Tl;dr: I lost my post and I lost my mind

wdinatx wdinatx
Pryno Pryno
B BlueClover
Damafaud Damafaud
Epiphany Epiphany
b l o o m s b l o o m s

I'm slaying the hydra.

Among other things, RPN's draft system just fuckin' deleted roughly 1,200 words worth of post so there goes my motivation for literally anything. So here's usually the part where I wallow in a bottle of self pity and make a mess of everything.

Anyways, I don't want to say my reasons are "too personal", because I've been trying to be more honest with everyone - myself, and you all too. So I'm going to lay out all the reasons why I'm going to have to kill this (this is the 3rd Quest RP and 5th RP overall I've had to end because it's detrimental to my own or my members' health). On top of this, well...you're all pretty personal to me <3

1) Dwindling motivation. I don't know what I want to write, or what I need to write. I've hit a huge wall about the size of a US Border barrier that would make Donald Trump blush. AYP...isn't cutting it. My writing's changed quite a bit since last year, and I feel kind of gross writing for this nowadays. Like I'm walking through wet toilet paper or something.

2) Bones hurt. Well, not really, but writing this really grinds me. It has nothing to do with the wall, it has to do with this godawful storyline I've created with half-assed powers and virtually no worldbuilding. I just...I just don't like it! I'm sorry if you do...but I don't. I'm really, really sorry if this a letdown.

3) Dragging y'all around. I've been doing an awful lot of that. Pinging when you might not need to be pinged, and such (and I'm doing it again, dammit...). I just don't want to feel like I'm taking you all on a ride that has no end.

5) I'm growing up. Not that I'm outgrowing writing, I'm just getting busier with stuff. I know for a fact I'm going to university now and that my life is going to change a lot soon. A change of place means a change of writing, and AYP is like a link to the old world.

6) Most of AYP was written under duress. The first one was a product of a stressful ending of two previous RPs, ones that ended with me getting called a bunch of bad names and having a multitude of personal secrets spilled into a Discord chat.

Then, as the year progressed, I was in a terrible recovery. My mom decided get to married in the midst of all this and was okay with making me work to pay for a wedding. I was working anyway, but that money was for me.

If anyone knows me, I'm shallow. I like having money, I like seeing a nice sum in my account. But knowing that was all going toward a wedding, something I don't believe in, was kind of hard. Then another RP happened. Then another Quest RP happened. One ended in someone raiding the server and calling me a brand new set of bad names, and another ended because of me telling a partner about a less-than-desirable way for me to earn in real life.

And then I had a terrible fight with someone else over them deceiving me. But of course, I was in the wrong because he wasn't a jerkass to anyone else.

Writing AYP today is making me relive those moments, and I hate it so much. I wrote this story to get away from all that, even though so many of my problems were writing based too. It was an idea dump. But now, I don't need it anymore. So yeah. AYP is basically a cursed story for me.

Well that's about it. I hate typing these excuses, but I've gotten used to doing it.

Hey, don't worry about it. It's been a blast being part of this, and while I will be sad seeing it gone, we can't fault you for wanting to take a break or just completely stop this altogether. You're still more important than this, so do whatever you believe is best for you.

Hey, don't worry about it. It's been a blast being part of this, and while I will be sad seeing it gone, we can't fault you for wanting to take a break or just completely stop this altogether. You're still more important than this, so do whatever you believe is best for you.

I can't Heart this enough. Thank you for understanding, and I wish all the best for you as well (:

wdinatx wdinatx
Pryno Pryno
B BlueClover
Damafaud Damafaud
Epiphany Epiphany
b l o o m s b l o o m s

I'm slaying the hydra.

I second CrimsonEclipse CrimsonEclipse . We’re only human and stuff happens.

Just do what makes you happy. We all love your writing, but if your heart is not into it anymore, you don’t have to keep going. You deserve better. Good luck for the future <3

We'll support you no matter what you choose to do, can't fault you for taking care of yourself. Best of luck in the future, and let's keep in touch!

D duegxybus

It's been quite a while.
I'm sorry I wasn't able to respond. It probably won't matter now since it had been very long since you posted that.
But, I'm sorry you have to go through this. Lots of thing had happen with me as well, and they are not necessarily good news. Anyways, I don't want to make you feel more anxious and depressed, so I'll get to the point.

You're an amazing person, and it had been a fun experience being here with all of you. Even though I wasn't here to see what happened the past few months, I feel happy to be a part of this roleplay. Thank you for making this and put in so much hard work and effort for us. It is heartbreaking to see you working so hard to make this roleplay even though you are suffering so much. It honestly sucks to be called with bad names, again and again. And I understand that you have more responsibilities as you are going to college. But I can't take the fact that your Mom is okay with you working to pay for the wedding.

Trust me when I say this, everything is going to be alright. Bad things will soon be over, even if it's slow, don't give up. I know that too many things are happening, and you probably can't handle the stress and anxiety, but it's going to be fine. I can't do much to help you except for giving you encouragements for the long and elaborate journey ahead of you. ( Why do this sounded so much like a game lore or something lol ) So, keep going, I believe you can overcome this.

( Not proofread )

Users who are viewing this thread

Back