• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings All Thrills No Frills - A Simple Partner Search for Original Plots

Hey. How’s it going?

You can probably assume what this is about. I’m just looking for people to write with - long-term or not. I’m cool with people ducking out and dipping. It’d be nice if you stuck around though.

Here’s the skinny:
  • I write in narrative form. Third person, past tense. I don’t mind which tense you use as long as it makes sense.
  • I usually can pull off multiple paragraphs. No need for word counts because length always varies anyways.
  • I enjoy having diverse, multiple characters - any race/species, age, occupation, gender/romantic orientation. Just make them well thought-out and interesting.
  • If you’ve got triggers, let me know so we can cross out those topics off the bat.
  • I’m a slow writer and have things going on outside the forum, just like most of you guys, so my posting time is 3-5 days, if not more. I’m patient in this respect. I won’t badger you for replies. You’re always good to take it easy and take your time.
  • Last point, plot/collaborate with me. Let’s trade ideas and mix ‘em real good. What’s the difference between writing by yourself and RP? It’s coming up with stories together.

Interests:
  • Sci-Fi, Fantasy/Supernatural, Action, Mystery, Crime, Dystopian/Post-Apocalyptic
    • Romance for me is something that develops with time. I normally don’t plot this out because I want the story to be enriched by romance and not be completely driven by it.
    • Slice-of-life is part of story-telling. Character development is key, but the setting doesn’t have to be limited to modern times.
  • Alternative Histories/Alternate Universes
  • Sci-Fi: Aliens, Creatures (Mythical and Supernatural), Robots/AI/Advanced Tech, Space
  • Fantasy/Supernatural: Elves, Dragons, Quests, Knights of the Round Table/King Arthur, Wars/Sieges, Ghosts, Vampires/Werewolves, Creatures of the Night
  • Mysteries: Buddy Cops, Detectives, Gangs, Mafia, Serial Killers, Missing Persons, Spy and Espionage
  • Action: Street Racing, Heists, Scavenger Hunts, Military/Strategy, Superheroes
  • Dystopian/Post-Apocalytic: Zombies, Viral Outbreaks, Solar Eclipses/Natural Disasters, Totalitarian, Mass Surveillance

Plot Starter Ideas:
  • Two roomates finding out that one of them wasn’t as normal as they seem - it could the other person is a superhero, vampire, robot, alien, etc.
  • A detective on the run because they were framed by the arch nemesis
  • An alien trying to escape their space containment unit and the soldier/scientist tracking them down
  • A commander looking for the rogue/thief/criminal that just slipped their grasp
  • A team of mercenaries just flying around in space looking for their next adventure
  • Being stuck on a supernatural deserted island - think of the series ”Lost”
  • Humans being stuck in the virtual reality that they simulated their consciousness into
  • A knight fighting a war against magical creature. The magical creatures are trying to reclaim their land
  • RUN, ZOMBIES, RUN! Survival groups and their rivals
  • Society’s deterioration as a result of nuclear warfare and people rebuild society in underground bunkers
  • Insert your own idea or plot here. We can always switch ideas around and really tailor the plot to make it interesting for the both of us

DM me if you’re interested. Thanks!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back