• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern All Things Seem Possible In May (Larry's Slice-of-Life Search!)

Larry

Your resident on-and-off bibliomaniac!
circle-cropped (11).png Hello everyone! My name is Larry, a 23-year old from the Republic of Ireland and I’ve been craving in the last while, in lieu of the shows that I’ve been watching, to write out a ‘slice-of-life’ scenario and, if any one of ye are willing, I’d love to do it with you!

What you can expect from me and vice versa:
  • I tend to write between 400-1,000 words per post though, given a particular scene, that will obviously waver. However, more important than word count is the ability to advance a scene or the plot though it helps if ya can give me something to write off of and likewise, I will do the very same for you. If you want an idea of my writing before we start, I’ll give a few examples here, here and here. I hope they’re not too long-winded for ya!
  • I’m 23 myself, as I mentioned above, so please be 18+. It’s just easier for me to talk to people within my own age range, and I mean no slight to those of you under 18.
  • I have a decent grasp of grammar and punctuation and I’d like for you to be the same. Mind you, it’s only in the past while that I’ve been going over my posts before I post them and I’m shocked by how poor my grammar can be at times, so don’t feel too worried about making any mistakes!
  • Knowing how busy people can be at times, I’d like to write our posts in such a way that we only have to write one once a week. I don’t want to feel as though I’d be burdening you to write for this moreso than you’d appreciate, especially if you’re busy.
  • Illustrated/anime face claims only.
  • I'll be writing as a male character and ideally, you might write as a female, though it's not imperative at all.
  • Being able create and write as NPC’s, although not important to the roleplay as our two main characters will be, might be necessary in certain scenarios.
  • Given the nature of the type of roleplay that I want to do, communication as to the various events that might pop up in this scenario will be quite important. Also, if you’re not opposed, please do talk to me OOC. It helps the whole experience immeasurably if you can get to know the people you’re writing with! So be sure to let me know what shows you’re watching, the hobbies you’re interested or even how your day is gone. Though the roleplay will be on site, communication will be over Discord, for the ease of access. If you don’t have a Discord, we’ll use PM’s here.

The roleplay – All Things Seem Possible in May:
This roleplay will, like most slice-of-life’s, not have a ‘plot’ in the typical manner that other roleplays might have. Instead, based on the advice that I have been given about it, this roleplay will be first and foremost about our two characters; the relationship that exists between them and even their own personality are the things that are the main focus. Even though it’s set in Ireland, there won’t be too much that you’ll have to know about it but if you’d like to know something, be sure to let me know and I’ll provide ya with the information. If you’ve seen slice-of-life shows like Sangatsu no Lion, Honey and Clover or Your Lie in April, this is the type of feel that I’m aiming for.

The setting will be north Co. Tipperary in the Republic of Ireland, in a fictional town called Lough an Mél or Mélloch as it would be anglicised in the course of its history. An oxbow lake created by the shifting course of the River Shannon in north-western Co. Tipperary as it skirts the border between other counties, the town and its environs drew its name from the eponymous St. Mél, nephew of the St. Patrick, who in the course of helping his uncle proselytise amongst the native Irish, found this area to be a particular fervent spot amongst the pagans. Mél, who in besting a druid by the name of Calgacus in argument, used the water of the loch as a means to baptise the local population. As centuries passed, the lake eventually ended up becoming a cult centre for St. Mél, and a church established in the 9th century, now ruined, purported to house the fingerbone of the saint.

In the following centuries, a settlement developed in the area on all sides of the lake, part in order to furnish the needs of pilgrims visiting the site, but also to use the Shannon to send goods produced in the local area, notably high-quality barley, up along the course of river to the various states in which it snaked through and by.

The town today, a town of around 7,000 people, with its immediate surroundings to this day still involved in intensive agriculture, is home to an ever-growing population of people, aided by the creation of a secondary school called St. Mél’s College in 2002, whereas before, the children of secondary school (12-18), would have more than a forty minute drive to Nenagh.

Our characters will attend this school, beginning with them in Fifth Year, the schoolyear being 2018/2019. If the idea of having your character, their personality and their relationships being the driving force of a roleplay, I hope that you'll find this somewhat. In order maybe not to clutter the thread up too much, if you're interested, do send me a PM and depending on whether or not you have Discord, I'll give you my Discord tag or we'll use that chat as our OOC.

Thanks very much for reading and I hope you find the idea interesting! I'm looking forward to roleplaying with you. :closed eyes open smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back