• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy All The Kings Men

MrThe

Mystery Man
Roleplay Type(s)
The Road and River Wardens are the closest thing to a Regular Army or National Police Force that you will get in the Heartland Empire as they are (Theoretically) loyal only to the Reigning Monarch, in actuality their loyalty varies widely upon where they are stationed. The Wardens are tasked with patrolling the Roads and Waterways to keep them safe from Bandits, Barbarian Raiders, the Numerous Dangerous Creatures that infest the world, and to man the many tollbooths and checkpoints on the Ancient Interstate Road and Misery River that funds the Wardens and allows them to do their other duties.

However, they remain quite unpopular due to the rampant corruption and near extortionary tolls upon travelers and merchants. The lack of regular pay and somewhat loose morals of the Wardens means that many Wardens have actually turned to Banditry in order to make up for insufficient (in their eyes) compensation, further diminishing the already Low reputation of the Wardens.

You will be playing as one of these less than scrupulous "Law Enforcers" in a Post Apocalyptic American Midwest that has been nuked back to the Medieval Age, and the resulting radiation has created a wide number of mutant abominations, including certain Psychic or "Magic" variants, (the human Psychics are often burned as Witches) where you will do your best to uphold the law, keep the Roads safe, and fight corruption within the Wardens. Or Alternatively you can be a rough outfit, little better than bandits or river pirates out only to line their own pockets and do your best to not get caught. It's all up to you

You still need a few people? I am from the Midwest so I have a pretty good sense of the layout and geography and fantasy is sort of my thing. Can I join in?

Yeah, definitely. I was actually thinking no one was interested since it's been a while that I posted this.

Dude, I am all about this, however I would like to discuss a few things with you. Would you mind if I PM'd you?

I’m also interested if this is still going ahead. Do Wardens have any magic or psychic abilities or are they ordinary people for the most part?

They are Ordinary for the most part but there are no restrictions on having Magic. So long as you don't get caught, you (probably) won't get hanged for witchcraft.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back