• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern All in the Family

Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Oswin Lee
3:16PM
In the living room
TF81 TF81

While watching the quiz show - which was surprisingly, rather boring - Oswin didn't pay any attention to the time. It felt like he started to watch the show five minutes ago. Yet, when his sister arrived and went to the living room, he checked the time. "Hello Lizzie! Jesus, it's already 3PM? Where did the time go?" He quietly said. Well, he should get up and go walk Marshmallow. Can't hurt, I mean, at least he won#t linger at home. "Thanks for checking on me sis. I'm fine right now, just feeling a bit down. Definitely not the meds, maybe the weather."

Viktor Falkenstein
2:57PM
Living Room
Wormy Wormy

For the past few minutes, Viktor was reading messages from his sons. Well, why not? they are pretty much the only family he has left. But...there was nothing special happening. His eldest, Silas, is out today with his friends. He told him where exactly he went...maybe the beach? Well, he isn't gone for too long and it can't hurt if he socializes. His youngest, ezekiel-Ares, is on a classtrip and will be gone until either early monday or late sunday - depending on Zekes mood. One group leaves early, the other one later.
Viktor stopped reading the messages and replying to them when Liam said he didn't know what happened at Lillys school, as the teacher said nothing. "Hm, well. Teachers often like to keep secrets. And in the end, it's something bad. School calls suck so hard, no matter if you are the parent or student." His curiousity will get him killed at one point, but whatever. There are worse ways to die. Or his blatant...badness with children that aren't his own. That wouldn't get him killed, hopefully.
"Let's hope it isn't a call for a parent's evening. Lilly can dig her own grave if it's this call."

Emily May Rhodes
+

Screen Shot 2018-04-28 at 15.21.03.png
Monday, March 27th, 2017
3:16 - 3:20 PM
TF81 TF81

Emily brought up Anthony's contact on her phone. "Just this once, we give you permission to say any bad words, so you can tell us what he said," Emily told Lilly as she looked from her phone towards her daughter. Lilly seemed indecisive. Emily figured that it was probably best not to push the matter, so she dialled Anthony up on FaceTime and handed Lilly her phone. She knew that if anyone would be able to cheer Lilly up, it would be one of her siblings, and Anthony was generally especially talented when it came to sibling affection. Lilly was trying to build up the courage to repeat what the boy had said in front of her parents, but before she could say the words, the phone connected. Lilly looked down at her brother through the phone and almost instantly she became overwhelmed by guild again. She didn't want to have to disappoint anyone else she cared about. Lilly rubbed her eyes, trying to stop herself from starting to cry again. She wanted to greet her brother but the words got stuck in her throat and so she just looked down at him in silence.

Anthony Lucas Rhodes
2:33 PM - 3:20 PM
Geozaki Geozaki
Anthony was relaxing in his chair, checking his social media accounts and was currently watching Youtube videos on his phone. While he was searching for a song a Youtube, Anthony suddenly got a Facetime call from his mother. Which was so strange but he answered it anyway. When he did, He saw Lilly's face appear on the other end of the call. To say Anthony was a little surprised was a big understatement. "Hey, Lilly! How's everything go-Lilly...What's wrong? did something happen?" Anthony's upbeat mood suddenly turned to one of worry & concern as he was sensing Lilly was upset about something.

Monday, March 27th, 2017
3:21 PM
TF81 TF81

Lilly sighed and closed her eyes as Anthony asked her what was wrong. "I'm a bad person..." Lilly mumbled quietly, so quietly that the phone microphone barely picked up her voice. Even though Lilly was squeezing her eyes shut, tears were starting to seep through her eyelids. She couldn't bring herself to actually tell Anthony what she'd done, she was worried that he might hate her for it.

Ivy understood how her daughter felt about her husband, he was rarely around due to work so she had to take care of Naomi most of the time unless she was at school. She listened attentively to what Naomi was saying as she held her close to her. "I don't know either pumpkin, maybe daddy will realize soon that he needs to be around more often. We have dealt with a lot, and it's not going to get easy anytime soon" She planted a kiss on her cheek then turned to look at the tv. "We will be okay though, okay" She said chuckling a bit at a scene in the movie. "Don't worry, I'm here and we're going to get past all of this" It was easy to say, but only time would tell.

Texangamer Texangamer

Naomi Autumn O'Dare
1550011859409.png
Naomi just looked at her mom as she just looked at the tv as she really did miss her dad she only saw her dad earlier" is daddy in trouble" she asked as she just held onto her mom while she closed her eyes a little" oh..... Momma don't forget about my doctor appointment tomorrow it's just a checkup I don't really wanna go" she says as she just lay on her mom lap as she was relaxed" mum are you mad that I'm not going to school" she asked"I just not ready to go to school and some the kids are mean so I just not ready it still hurts it feels like someone put a hole in my chest it hurts too much I just not ready to go back to school I know I have Liam i just scared" she said as she held onto her mom tears in her eyes " I wish the pain will go away though I wish daddy was here" she told her tears streaming down her face again she just held onto her blanket sniffing I insomniax

Last edited:
Anthony Lucas Rhodes
3:21 PM - 3:24 PM
Geozaki Geozaki
Anthony was now sure that something bad had happened with Lilly as he could see the tears start to stream down the sides of her face. He heard Lilly faintly say that she was a bad person. when Anthony heard that, his heart sank and he could feel it being crushed. Anthony responded with complete shock but sympathy. "What? No, No Sweetie, Lilly, You're not a bad person at all. Whenever I'm sad & I need someone or something to make me feel better. You are the first person I think of because you are always full of energy & you always give me huggles. A bad person would never do that, Now c'mon, Tell LuLu what happened and why you're sad." Anthony requested with a bright and reassuring smile.

+
Emily May Rhodes

Monday, March 27th, 2017
3:25 PM
TF81 TF81

"I... I hurt someone..." Lilly admitted guiltily as Anthony asked her what had happened. "I... I didn't mean to... b-but I did..." Lilly looked away from the phone, she was worried that Anthony might think of her differently knowing what she'd done. Emily glanced to the door to the classroom and noticed that the teacher who'd lead them through the school was loitering outside of the door. As much as Emily knew it was crazy, she couldn't shake the feeling that the woman was 'spying' on them. She was sure that it was just her being paranoid but she didn't like it either way. Emily returned her attention to Adam and Lilly. "Maybe we should head home?" She suggested, wanting to be away from any supposedly prying eyes. "We can properly discuss what happened when we get back."

Monday, March 27th, 2017
4:59 PM - Post Timeskip

Lilly was lying on her bed in hers and Liam's room. Her notebook was lying open beside her, a pencil resting in the crease between the two open pages. She had been intending to draw something but she couldn't think of anything she wanted to draw. Lilly curled up, pulling the cover over her head. She wasn't particularly cold yet she needed the warmth that the covers provided, she clutched her Eevee close to her chest as she hid from the outside world.

Viktor Falkenstein
4:59PM - Post Timeskip
Living Room
Wormy Wormy

Some time has passed since Viktor arrived. A few hours, maybe? No clue, he didn't check when he left the house. During these assumed hours, not a lot happened. He didn't pay attention to what Liam did, after all, not his child, not his problem. He mostly was either in the living room or outside in the garden, enjoying the weather. At one point, Adam, Emily and Lilly returned. He has yet to ask what exactly happens, but he silently hopes it wasn't a call for a parental meeting. Or a call that the child may not pass the class. Wait, when it comes to having to repeat a class, does the school even call the parents in America? No clue, he just knows the infamous blue letter from his homecountry. Nightmare fuel. Lot like he received any of these, but his father often got calls from school that he got into fights with bullies. God, what a time.​

Naomi Autumn O'Dare
1552023596173.png
Naomi just looked at her mom as she was back in her wheelchair as she saw a note" oh daddy went to buy some stuff" she says as she looked at her mother" mum can i get a puppy" she asked as she heard the phone ringing' uh oh' she thought" uh I be in my room doing my homework" she lied as she rolled into her room hugging her stuffed bear from her big sister she hoped she wasn't in trouble for skipping school it been a week since her sisters death she felt tears coming down her face she wasn't ready yet she really hope her mom doesn't ground her for not going to school I insomniax

Ivy was busy looking over the bills that have been piling up as Naomi asked her about a puppy. She shrugged her shoulders needing to think about it. "I'll think on it, okay?" She said before she could ask her why she wanted one the phone rang. Picking it up she listened to the recorded message, she couldn't believe what she was hearing. "Naomi" She called out knowing she wasn't going to her room to do her homework but to hide from what she was going to say to her about missing a week of school. Texangamer Texangamer

Last edited:
Naomi Autumn O'Dare
1552065568642.png
Naomi just heard her mom she thinks about it she smiled when she was her room she heard her mum call for her' uh oh' she thought she had to plan her escape from her mum she just rolled out of her room and tried to get out of the house but failed" hehe hi mom you look nice" she says biting her lip. Naomi looked at her mother she seemed mad' uh oh I'm in trouble' she thought as she just was getting rolled into the living room she just pouts looking away from her mother hoping she won't use her full name whenever she's in trouble her parents use her full name. I insomniax

Ivy watched as Naomi headed for the door then turned to go to the kitchen where she was finishing up listening to the call. She held the phone in her hands as she leaned against the counter. "So I'm sure you know that was the school that called, right?" Her facial expression was mutual, under it all she was upset that Naomi didn't tell her why. She understood that she just lost her sister but a week was too long for missing school. "I'm going to give you the time to explain why you weren't at school, and why you lied to me" Ivy had been back to work because the bills weren't going to pay themselves, and trusted Naomi would head off to school with the help of her friends that come over at times to be with her for the morning. Texangamer Texangamer

Last edited:
Naomi Autumn O'Dare
1552094625116.png
Naomi just looked down as she just bites her lip' oh crap' she thought" i..... uh....." she says trying Naomi starting to pout she didn't like getting in trouble she just looked away as she looked at the outside" i... I don't know mama" she says pouting" i.... not ready but I go to school but..... mama I have a doctor appointment tomorrow," she said. Naomi just looked at her mum as she had tears in her eyes" I'm sorry I didn't mean to lie I just I don't know who I am without sissy I'm scared to go to school what if the kids at school make fun of me cause I lost Luka I don't know how to handle it" she said as she looked at her mum" am i grounded for not going to school and lying to you" she says pouting a bit" everyday i try to go to school but i chicken out even Liam try to get me to go but I get scared i'm sorry mama" she say. I insomniax

Last edited:
Ivy patiently waited for Naomi to tell her why, listening attentively to her daughter. Ivy made her way over to her daughter sitting at the dinning table to be closer to Naomi as they talked. When she was done telling her everything she let out a sigh. "I'm well aware of your appointment tomorrow Nai, but you can't keep missing school" reaching over she wiped a few tears away with a swipe of her thumb across Naomi's cheek. "Listen to me, I know how hard it is, trust me sometimes mommy doesn't want to go to work and just wants to lie around all day thinking what if so and so happened" She paused to think, "You're stronger then you think baby and I'm here always no matter what. Talk to me about anything, okay? I know it's going to take time to heal but I can't let you go another week without going to school, I mean I will get in trouble and people will start to wonder. I'll set up an appointment to meet with a counselor, they seem to be pretty useful" Ivy ran her hand over her child's hair smoothing it out. "If the kids start bullying you over the lost of your sister, tell someone or tell me. I'd be more then happy to help you with the situation, and as for now you're not grounded. But from here on out if you lie, or skip school you will be grounded, understood?" She said in a stern tone, then eventually smiled. "I love you"
Texangamer Texangamer

Last edited:
Naomi Autumn O'Dare
1552100196856.png
Naomi just looked at her mom as she smiled at the nickname" okay mama I go to school" mommy doesn't want to work sometimes like I don't want to go to school" she says feeling her mum wiping her tears with her thumb" man I'm gonna have so much homework to catch up on" she said pouting as she looked at her mom. Nia just looked at her mom as she just sighed"I don't feel strong I feel like I'm valuable but I gonna try to be strong for me and you" she told her"I feel more comfortable telling you can you help me with my homework daddy is too busy for me" she says pouting" yes mommy I understood I won't skip or lie to you" she say as she smiled. I insomniax

"Good that's what I like to hear" She nodded listening to her, "Yes because the bills won't pay themselves" She chuckled some as she folded her arms, "Welp you will be having some catching up to do, a lot but if you need help i'll be here to try my best" Ivy gave Naomi a hug. "That's how you feel now but give it time, you will see you're worth pumpkin, and if that's how you feel. Daddy will be home soon" She was happy Naomi understood where she was coming from.

Naomi Autumn O'Dare
1552102720804.png
Nia just looked at her mom as she smiled" yeah I go to school I'll try my best" she said"I understand where you coming from mommy I go to school and catch up with homework" she said as she just got a hug from her mother. Nia just was missing with her hands" I hope so I miss daddy" she says as she just held onto her stuffed bear. Nia just looked outside" I'm sorta nervous about the doctor appointment I wonder what the new doctor will be like I hope the doctor be nice," she says as she smiles looking at mom as she smiled" mum can you take me to school I'm nervous about getting to school can you walk me to school is that too much to ask" she asked I insomniax

Last edited:
“That’s all I ask is you try your best” she smiled and stood back up going into the kitchen to finish prepping dinner. “Why are you nervous? What makes visiting the doctors office nervous for you?” She asked wanting to know her thoughts on the visit. As she was chopping vegetables she nodded. “Of course I can take you into school that is fine. Just not all the time, okay?” Ivy looked at her, she also missed her husband but understood what he was doing. Texangamer Texangamer

Naomi Autumn O'Dare
1552187553384.png
Naomi just looked at her mom as she started to pout"I just don't like the needles and check-ups" she says as she just bites her lip she didn't like it at all she looked outside than to her mom cutting up vegetables she wasn't very fond of vegetables for her it tastes nasty. Nia just looked at her mother" what you making for dinner" she asked as she just wants to help she don't know how to help" mum can I help" she say looking at her making a face at the vegetables which she hated

Katherine Serena O'Dare
1552196026750.png
Katherine was in her room taking a nap as she just rubbed her eyes yawning she just woke up hearing her big sister and her mother talking as she smiled going downstairs" mommy" she rubbed her eyes" I'm hungry" she says tiredly. Kat's hair was a mess she hated when her mother brushed her hair she didn't like it brushed since it hurt so much she hadn't washed her hair for a few days" mommy can i have a snack" she asked as her stomach rumbled a little she was slightly embarrassed she saw a big sister as she flashed a smile to her she missed her oldest sister luka she just rubbed her eyes tiredly but she was hungry I insomniax

Last edited:
zelda morales - march 27th 2017 - 5:00pm - @ evergreen highschool - roads - home - tags; TF81 TF81 Dak Dak @NivieApple @Astralworks
tumblr_pgiwd8WbQ91qcukfgo1_400.gif
Zelda pursed her lips, ready to delve deeper into the conversation. If only to halt it. The sensitive subject would glaze over soon. She hoped. The thought "let this be over" continued to repeat itself in her mind. She felt she has good company, but the circumstances were to excruciating to consider seeing it as a saving grace. Her eyes became thoughtful and focused as detective Kane asked his question. For a moment, she brought her gaze to her desk, in an attempt to regain memory. When she thought about Luka -when she really thought about her-it wasn't hard to note the girl wasn't always the happy, bumbling teen most people saw her as. Most. On more than one occasion she spied the girl with a solemn face and approached her only to receive a smile and a "yes, I'm alright." Now Zelda could see how it was all a sham. It was, for this reason, she felt partly to blame. Any, one of the other teachers could have noticed the girls wavering behavior and not said anything to her parents. But Zelda was one of them, and she had already beat herself up about it. Zelda made tiny nods as she lifted her eyes back to Kane with a slight frown.
"Luka wasn't always a very happy girl. I could see it in her eyes during class. Sometimes she didn't show up at all~ A lot like her sister, Naomi. She has a terrible track record, I hear. If there is one thing I remember about Luka, especially, it was her attachment to her phone some days. I hope it's not presumptuous of me to say, but if yourself or someone else hasn't checked her phone, it might hold answers~ Especially in the week or two before the crash, I must have watched her read something off of her phone at least three times a week and recoil from it. Her mood would be off after that. She was resentful. Sad. I tried my best to comfort her-." Zelda stopped talking for a moment. She took in a breath and shook her head, eyes now looking anywhere but the detective. "What happened to Luka....I want to believe it was an accident. I have to. No-one would hurt that precious girl, but I can't help but come back to the phone. every time. she was a beautiful student who gave me little trouble. everyone has problems and they all differ, but I'm a very observant person detective Kane. She didn't receive hurt on these grounds. At least not physically, or verbally. If she was being bullied, I'm willing to guess it was someone online......."
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Following their, maybe half an hour long, back and forth Zelda stood from her seat eager to be polite and shook the detective's hand goodbye. As he made his leave, she released a breath she didn't know she was holding. She didn't think it could stretch itself so far, but the deeper the two got involved in Luka's tendencies at school, the more Kane had to ask. She accepted that it was fine. Anything was worth it to know why the poor girl was struck dead.
As much as she would have liked to leave after the interview she had plenty of papers to mark and two lessons to prepare, for the next day. She closed her door after Kane, wishing him good luck in the investigation, and that he get the children home safe. The detective seemed a pretty patient man. Kind, but firm in his affirmations.
For the next two hours, Zelda moved between the board and her desk chair -which was getting uncomfortable by the minute- to write in different coloured marker or scribble all over a sticky note in one of her many textbooks. Her first class tomorrow morning was a senior class. They could be hard to control, but having the board ready made it that much easier to get their heads into the game. Rather than watching her write on the board -and making a fuss- they pay attention. She liked to call it a controlled environment. Even if at least two paper planes flew by her head every morning.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The streets were pretty tame at this time of night. As Zelda's phone flashed, signaling 5 o'clock, she bit her lower lip and cursed the lights for turning yellow. Her worry came out of not being home to feed Vincent, her cat. The poor dear loved his schedule. If she was honest with herself, so did she Zelda brought the car to a stop and quickly silenced her alarm. Much to her enjoyment, she had the CD Anthony gifted her, playing at a moderately high volume. Her fingers tapped against the wheel as she sung along to her favourite so far. She had played it three times already~ Their music was incredible, really. Some of the songs were a bit harsh for her liking but this song, in particular, was just right for her.
Zelda's head went back and forth to the beat as the song grew and again she found herself singing the lyrics as the light turned green and she moved the car forward. She would reach home in no time. She hoped.

Kane had checked out for the day. With the help of the IT department, Kane, along with a couple of plain clothed cops was able to apprehend the man who hit her. He was on his way over to the Rhodes residence along with the family of the little girl who had passed. It was a quiet drive. His mind was clear, but there was a little part of him that was fighting. He had accepted the position of sergeant but didn't know if he was going to be a good one. Emily didn't know about it because he didn't tell her. He would have had to make his mind up on what he was going to do about it.

He rolled up to the Rhodes residence. It's exterior a soft, warm and inviting aura. Kane knew that he was going to be welcomed there. He slowly got out of his car and walked to the door. He had no clue how he was going to tell her about the promotion. Either way, he was going to be talking with Emily for a while. He slowly opened the door. He had an unspoken agreement with Emily that he could enter her home anytime, almost like an open door policy.

"Emily?!" He called out, his low voice booming throughout the house. Surely someone was there for him to talk to about everything. He walked over and took a seat on the couch. He laid his head back and started to snooze.
Geozaki Geozaki

Ivy nodded agreeing she didn't like needles at all herself but she was a tough cookie when her children got shots. "It's going to be okay, I'll be there" She smiled and looked down at her finished job of chopping vegetables. "I'm making homemade chicken noodle soup" It was still kind of cold outside so it was a perfect night to make soup for her kids. "Sure, come grab the chicken in this bowl and cut it up for me please, and be careful" Ivy went over to place the knife of the table and let Naomi do the rest, as she was going to the fridge she stopped to see Katherine come into the kitchen, rubbing her eyes. "Hey sleepy head, sure" She grabbed a string cheese and a juice box from the fridge, and then grabbed sliced apples she cut up earlier that morning and went to set them on the table. "Sit and eat" Pulling out the chair she ran her hand over the top of Kat's head noticing it was tangled, she would have to do something to it before bed tonight. Texangamer Texangamer

Katherine Serena O'Dare
1552366062237.png
Katherine just smiled at her mom as she was getting her the snack she just smiled sitting at the dining table she looked at her mom" school was fun today" she smiled happily as she eats the slice of apples she loved apples it was her favorite food. Kat just watched her big sister chop up the chicken while she is eating her snack" did mommy had a good time at work" she asked happily when she finished she just smiled looking at her family she loved her family

Naomi Autumn O'Dare

1552366672834.png
Naomi jsut looked at her baby sister as she smiled she loved being big sister kat was always cute to her she just cut up the chicken as her mother asked without hurting herself" yeah I got it, mom, I won't cut myself I promise" she say she wants to prank her mom but she already got in trouble for skipping school and lying but didn't get grounded she just let it be she usally call kat Kitty kat her nickname she came up with when she was little she just smiled while cutting the chicken up Luka taught her how to cook and other things I insomniax

"Good! I'm glad you had fun today sweetie" She grinned finishing up what she had and waited on the chicken so she could put it into the pot. "Mommy did have a good day at work, thanks for asking" She admired that Kat was polite and always wondered how her days were. "I hope you always stay sweetie, Kat" Ivy was grateful that Naomi was being of help and cut the chicken, as she finished cutting it up she went to take the knife and chicken from her and finished up dinner by tossing it in the pot. Ivy let it cook while she talked with the girls some more, 45 minutes later she got dinner ready for the girls including herself. Watching them eat she ate in silence and let the girls speak amongst themselves. "After dinner it's bath time Kat, and Naomi" She looked to both of the girls. Texangamer Texangamer

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back