TV & Film Alita: Battle Angel

Kai-Bird

ѕησωу ωιηgѕ
So last night, the dance team were given tickets to go see Alita after rehearsal. It was awesome!! Seriously one of the best science center fiction movies I've seen! Has anyone else seen it yet? Or planning to see it? :)

Not really planning on seeing it in theaters I'll wait for it on video. I've seen previews left and right but it doesn't make me want to go see it.

Im planning on seeing it once I get out of isolation (chemotherapy, and I was already immunocompromised so they're being careful) but everything I've read and seen looks great! Can't wait! :)

I went to watch it some days ago. I had read the manga prior to watching it though, so my opinion was biased and I believe it deviated... quite a bit from the manga. Many people are saying it's a faithful adaptation, but I just don't see it. As a standalone movie, if we take it as an alternate story from the manga, I think it was pretty good; though I think there was too much focus on Hugo sometimes for some reason. In some parts it just seemed like it was 'The story of Hugo (and a cyborg named Alita)'. I think the best thing about the movie was the cinematography and how the character of Alita was portrayed, I really like that... awkward newborn vibe she gave off, and how she grew through the movie a lot. If you liked it, definitely go read the manga!
52550191_632240330548591_7057263830111354880_n.jpg

I went to watch it some days ago. I had read the manga prior to watching it though, so my opinion was biased and I believe it deviated... quite a bit from the manga. Many people are saying it's a faithful adaptation, but I just don't see it. As a standalone movie, if we take it as an alternate story from the manga, I think it was pretty good; though I think there was too much focus on Hugo sometimes for some reason. In some parts it just seemed like it was 'The story of Hugo (and a cyborg named Alita)'. I think the best thing about the movie was the cinematography and how the character of Alita was portrayed, I really like that... awkward newborn vibe she gave off, and how she grew through the movie a lot. If you liked it, definitely go read the manga!
View attachment 549055
I was worried about that as well. I haven't read the entire manga, but based on the manga length and the fact this is a movie I felt like it would be like the OVA all over again, which was also more focused on Hugo's story that hers. :\ So it's more 'true' the the OVA it seems if what you say is true.

I'll probably watch it when it gets on demand or something, but I don't have a desire to see it in the theaters. I'm curious, but not enough to spend a large amount of money for tickets/snacks/drinks, heh.

I was worried about that as well. I haven't read the entire manga, but based on the manga length and the fact this is a movie I felt like it would be like the OVA all over again, which was also more focused on Hugo's story that hers. :\ So it's more 'true' the the OVA it seems if what you say is true.

I'll probably watch it when it gets on demand or something, but I don't have a desire to see it in the theaters. I'm curious, but not enough to spend a large amount of money for tickets/snacks/drinks, heh.
Haven't seen the OVAs yet, in fact they were going to be my next-watch, but maybe that's where they based some stuff off of? I'll check it out and tell you. But yeah, too much focus on Hugo and honestly I think the movie was too... hollywood-esque? In a sense? Like it didn't give off that... Gally vibe I was hoping for, I don't know, I think it could've been way better and more faithful to the manga.

Haven't seen the OVAs yet, in fact they were going to be my next-watch, but maybe that's where they based some stuff off of? I'll check it out and tell you. But yeah, too much focus on Hugo and honestly I think the movie was too... hollywood-esque? In a sense? Like it didn't give off that... Gally vibe I was hoping for, I don't know, I think it could've been way better and more faithful to the manga.
Yeah the OVAs were focused on Gally/Hugo. I get they were OVAs so there is only so much to be covered. But the manga has so much more shit within it that at least at minimum would require a saga of movies since even a trilogy couldn't cover the amount of shit. Like Gally's and Ido's past alone, unless they are lazy and just do 'flash backs.' I mean, with Hugo being a focus of the movie I already know where that went. XD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back