Other Alex's Writing Consulting

Hey, guys. It's AlexneushoornTheGreat here. I'm starting this thread so that I can ask you guys for writing advice that isn't related to roleplaying. So if I'm in need of help with writing a story and I can't think of how to write a particular plot line or such for my story, I'm hoping that you guys can consult me on the matter.

So for my first request in writing advice, I need help developing a plot line for a future story I'm gonna be writing. So I have an original story series called The Adventures of Team Fantasy, and the basic gist of the series is that it takes place in a huge multiverse where all fictional franchises that ever existed co-exist alongside each other. The main characters of the series include a fictional version of myself and some fictional characters that form the titular Team Fantasy, a crimefighting squad fighting crime all across Earth and beyond. In Season 3 of The Adventures of Team Fantasy, me and Team Fantasy take on Iron Man/Tony Stark because of a bounty that has been placed on Tony's head. Tony is killed in battle and the bounty is claimed.

Now, for Season 4 of The Adventures of Team Fantasy, I was planning on having Spider-Man/Peter Parker call up my fictional self requesting me to meet with him, with Peter's intention behind the meeting being to kill me to avenge Tony's death, but Tony's spirit steps in to talk Peter out of committing the murder and instead convincing Peter to request Team Fantasy to work with The Avengers as compensation for the deaths of Tony and The Hulk/Bruce Banner, since Bruce Banner was killed after he tried to avenge Tony's death.

However, I am also following the lore of the afterlife that my good friend Techni has created. And one of the rules of Techni's afterlife lore involves the dead being unable to communicate with the living outside of the dream world, so now I am planning on having Spider-Man/Peter Parker being talked out of killing me in a different way, but I can't think of a different approach to this plot line myself. So I was hoping that you guys would be able to help steer me in redeveloping this plot line. Is there any advice you guys can give me in this matter?

Perhaps a character in this world has the power to channel the dead? You mention the 'dream world' so perhaps that could also be utilised? If you're steering away from the Tony's spirit plotline entirely, then maybe the meeting goes ahead and Peter has a change of heart during it, or your character talks him down and then you negotiate to work with the Avengers. Or maybe Tony left something behind, like a recording that gives Peter advice that steers him away from wanting you dead?

Perhaps a character in this world has the power to channel the dead? You mention the 'dream world' so perhaps that could also be utilised? If you're steering away from the Tony's spirit plotline entirely, then maybe the meeting goes ahead and Peter has a change of heart during it, or your character talks him down and then you negotiate to work with the Avengers. Or maybe Tony left something behind, like a recording that gives Peter advice that steers him away from wanting you dead?
Those are some pretty good ideas, and I'll definitely keep them in mind for when I get around to writing the plotline.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back