• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern alex's idea list. [updated] ⭐

n i h i l i s m

my jinji don't you cry
ARCHIVE
hi, i'm alex. thanks for clicking on my interest check. i've been on rpn off and on for about three years now and i've had a few ideas in that time. i figured i'd make an interest check for a few. if you find one of these ideas interesting, comment the letter and why you find it interesting. i realize this is a weird request but i'd really like to gauge people's interest. if one idea gets a lot of attention i'll gladly make it into an rp. but i've also noticed that people tend to lose interest in roleplays very easy. i'd like to collaborate on a project with you guys but it's gonna take the effort of everyone who wants to be included. i'll probably fill this with more ideas when i get the time. also please don't be afraid to ask questions.

my ideas:
a. four clubs compete for a 500 dollar grant from their school
probably culminates in a school festival or something where all the clubs have to work together but their individual performance while working together determines who gets the 500 dollar grant

b. some students get separated from a field trip and have to make it home on their own, working together or alternatively the students could make a wager as to who’s going to get home first. or just separate from each other

c. a large scale world building universe, reminiscent of adventure time and dungeons and dragons, where every themed kingdom may seem cute and peaceful on the outside but is actually afflicted by a terrible reality. i.e. the pillow fortress has extremely high poverty rates because the pillow upper class spends all their pillow resources on pillow luxuries.
so you found my secret text did you you little snoop. why dont you just mind your own business huh, how about you just do that. i need more text to fill this thing

Last edited:
d. it is orientation day at the galactic federation's central space station.
new cadets from all over the cosmos have gathered to enroll in the galactic federation's extensive government training program. the cadets choose from four different categories: foreign planet relations and recon, bureaucratic management, galactic federation patrol, and military resistance.

e. the earth's association of superheroes (teas)
this is pretty self explanatory. a lot like a justice league or shield, we make an original superhero force.
so you found my secret text did you you little

Last edited:
f. a group of teenagers dimension hop in a desperate attempt to find their way home, using a wonky device that often puts them into random situations of peril, this rp would likely exist in intervals, as each dimension would have a different story and arc that could be worked out amongst a group. after finishing a trip in one dimension the rp could be paused for as long as necessary

g. six college students rent a cheap house in a very rough part of town, the rp would focus on their follies and success stories as they navigate each other and their new home.
so you found my secret text did you you little

h. a group of scientists are contracted to research for the government in a secretive compound. each scientist is given money to research and experiment concerning their personal topic, and whoever makes the most beneficial thing to their country is rewarded with even more money. the only complications are surviving backstabbing, plagiarism and sabotage from your fellow scientists. obviously just these scientists running around muttering to themselves wouldn’t be as interesting to roleplay so i would be happy to let people roleplay experiments as well. such as clones or a new human subspecies.
so you found my secret text did you you

E AND G DEFIENTLY! XD (oh, that kinda rhymed~….. =v=P) more than happy to help gm as well!!

i. a group of nobles from a dying country each branch off to form their own faction. as their former king lays dying, the factions struggle for power and territory. alliances are formed and broken in the blink of an eye. who will win this conquest of man?
so you found my secret

j. We start out in a very plain setting, a high school, a flower shop, a restaurant. The rules are pretty simple, if you can write the best roleplay post using only your character and the nondescript setting, you have the ability to change an aspect of the roleplay. Maybe the aforementioned flower shop is now on fire, or all the flowers have begun talking. Whoever has the best post will be determined by your fellow roleplayers, who will vote at the end of each week.

The greatest thing about this roleplay is that it's on a week to week basis. So if we need to stop or take a break for any reason, we have the ability to do so. That means you only have to write one post in a week, and however long or descript it is, is up to you, whatever you think will win you votes. You also don't need to agonize over a character sheet, if that's what you prefer. Yes, the writing will need a couple aspects of improvisation, but I find that improvising can bring out the best in a person's writing.
so you found my secret text didnt you you little slimebag why don't just go away

Users who are viewing this thread

Back