• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Aldor Harbor (Accepting!)

Characters
Here

Ari

Aldor Harbor
tumblr_nnixfvoKMT1qz62xqo1_r1_250.jpg
tumblr_otcpykY3Xc1wo5b4yo2_250.jpg
tumblr_ou63tcgyTC1wv7jj2o2_250.jpg

With the decline of Greco-Roman polytheism, the respect, and in some places even toleration, of its ideas became less and less present. While the gods still existed in their realm of the universe, the power that they could extend over the humans of Earth never changed in its intensity, but in its obvious application. They had to be more careful about how they interacted with the mortal world, and while the immortals were capable of adapting, their mortal demi-children who inherited any supernatural powers posed more of a risk to disrupting the balance between the modern relationship between gods and humans.

A handful of the gods decided opted to carve out a town of their own on the coast of Washington a few centuries ago to address how the issue was affecting their less powerful, but still viably supernatural, offspring. Aldor Harbor, Washington is a small fishing town known for its lobster exports to the outside world... and not much else. Its residents know it as a little town with lots of heart, that has been governed by what has nearly become a dynasty in terms of local government and the demigods longstanding presence in it. Things have always run smoothly in the simple little place, so no one has minded, and given that none of the human residents know that they're demigods and they're "safe" there, it just works.

Facing persecution in their own niches in the world, an assortment of other supernatural beings have traveled to Aldor Harbor in the past few months, disrupting the typical demographics of the small seaside town, and presenting an array of problems. Humans, demigods, vampires, werewolves, sprites, and more... Aldor Harbor has become a home to an assortment of beings, and though diversity and change are sometimes good, when power is involved, it only spells trouble.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
OOC
Interested? Yay! Please use this thread to express your interest, let us know if you're going to be trying for a character (and what species/gender/role if there is one). Below are some quick guidelines I ask that everyone adhere to:

• Not sure what the standards are nowadays, but I'd consider this to be an advanced roleplay in the sense that I'm looking for a group of writers who can write well and won't struggle to get a paragraph or two up per post, at minimum
  • Be consistent! If you can't commit... don't.
  • There's nothing worse than that one writer who god-mods the entire time (or at all). The plot of this roleplay revolves around the idea that the demi-gods are likely the most powerful in terms of overall capabilities, but they're absolutely not untouchable (as are any of the other characters). A big part of the plot will revolve around the idea that every species has their own strengths and weaknesses, and no one is safe or the clear winner if conflict arises.
  • Collaborate! This is a big one - roleplays like this only succeed if people work together to create an awesome plot, so let's do that :)!
--------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:
And on that note... if anyone plans on making a fellow demigod, let's chat and collab on histories!

Hey, if I do a vampire do we have to originate from this town? Because I'd quite like my character to come from Europe, maybe from Germany or rural England?

Hey Dark lord steel Dark lord steel , definitely not :). Most of the characters will have just moved to the town within the past couple of months (and probably never heard of it prior), so they can be from wherever across the globe.

If anyone wants to make a human or demigod girlfriend of Dom's, PM me :)! Or any demigod friends/family members

Ari Ari ayo! So when ya thinkin of kicking the rp off? (: outta interest

I'd love to get a couple more characters before beginning, so less time-dependent over character-dependent :)! Going to read over the submitted ones tonight

Users who are viewing this thread

Back