• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Alcatraz for the Gifted and Insane CLOSED

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lucious sighed. This girl would be trouble if she kept being this cocky. Thankfully, while scanning around still, he was able to find the Nurse. Lucious quickly formed as a monster out of some story or urban legend that appeared as a classy gentleman without a face. Lucious used this form and took advantage of his quick moving to find the Nurse. Of course, before talk to her Lucious appeared as his normal shape.
Excuse me Nurse, but a new student appears to be causing a comotion. I’d appreciate if you took care of it while I took my mid-day nap.
HunterCameron HunterCameron

sidelined sidelined

Non-descript Nurse (Power of object manipulation)

They were wandering the halls when they came across Lucious and one of the newer wards. The
nurse sighed, and placed their hands on their hips.

“Lucious, are you toying with other kids again?” She shook her head, and turned to the young girl. “Don’t listen to a word this one says, he lives to mess with peoples heads.” She remarked, and turned her attention back to the boy.

“I will send you to your room. Behave.” She warned before continuing her daily checks on the dorm rooms.

vielpotato vielpotato sidelined sidelined

Last edited:
Reina nodded with respect at the nurse, then laughed at Lucious. She stared at him and asked, "What is your real name?" She smiled awaiting his answer then tapped the side of her leg three times. Still laughing a little at him getting in touble.
HunterCameron HunterCameron vielpotato vielpotato

Sure sure miss, I won’t play around.
Lucious sighed. He was hoping that Nurse Tilly would be available, she’s always much nicer than these other nurses. However, Lucious thought he could still get some fun out of today, while pearing into the Nurse’s mind and searched deep and hard. Lucious would still have fun today, no matter what.
Lucious, ma’am. And don’t forget it..
sidelined sidelined

Break grumbled when he heard that the Dean know about the security codes. As least Benny didn't throw him under the bus about knowing them too. They would just change them, and then a nurse, dimwitted as she is, would just write it back down on her wrist and forget about it. "I wonder what the Dean would do if he knew one of his 'nurses' was flaunting the secuirty codes." He shrugged lightly and blocked out everything else. He was getting bored. Lucious ran off, and Benny went to his room surprisingly on his own. He made a note to check in on him later. Maybe bring him some candy he's got stashed away and play UNO with him or something. The Dean didn't say anything about CARD games. He laughed softly and made his way out of the dorm building, seeing as though the commotion was done with and they could move freely now. He made it to the main building and was heading up the stairs to go to the music room, when he noticed Lucious talking to a new girl. He thought about going up and introducing himself but thought against it. They seemed be having an interesting conversation and Lucious looked to be in a different form. He didn't want to tussle with that one.

vielpotato vielpotato
sidelined sidelined

Musicnotes Musicnotes Zayne1694 Zayne1694
Being the mind reading freak she is, she heard his thoughts and whirled around. She then smiled and continued to wave him over to join the conversation. Even though she was scared of both of them she still wanted friends.

Lucious felt Break towards the stairwell, which made Lucious smile. Of course, Lucious waved goodbye to the girl, as sassy as possible, and walked over to Break while making sure he would be himself. Lucious hid his smile, of course, before talking.
Hello Break. Hopefully you saw Benny before he retired? I was secretly hoping he was somewhat okay, with him being such an idiot it’s kind of enjoying sometimes.
Zayne1694 Zayne1694
sidelined sidelined

Kathryn Watson

Kathryn fussed with the hem of her itchy shirt as she looked outside, taking mental notes of things she could do if she got outside, only briefly catching sight of a boy pointing at her. She stared down at him and the group of people around him and sighed before going back to looking around, she wasn't bothered by the pointing or what could be said about her but the group she disliked being in groups after her last incident a few days ago, the company of the staff wasn't great but better then anything else. Kathryn hugged her knees to her chest as she slowly ran out of things to look at outside, it was better then the inside but had very little to do and seemed so bleak without any structures near by, it reminded her of a old story about a old house on a hill that had been left to rot and is used by teenagers for dares.

Benjamin

He grumpily reached his room and opened the door. He walked past the threshold into the room, but left his door open. No one really came by this part of the hallway, so he didn’t care. He pulled off his grass-stained sweatshirt, threw it onto the chair at his desk and laid down on the floor. His room was an organized mess, with his six remaining paper cranes(thanks to Xerxes he had to wait to get another) on his small dresser. He had moved the little lamp they all had to the floor in the far back corner, it was in a inconvenient spot but he didn’t mind. He had collected some art as well, only the finest of pieces of course. He had acquired them from other kids, some had grown up and left. Well, at least he thought they left. Sometimes it seemed like kids went missing at random times, but he always assumed they were moved to another place, or set free because they were no longer any danger or something similar.

When Benjamin had first arrived he first had met a young girl, her name was Nadia, she was his age at the time and they ended up being friends. Nadia suffered from Tourette’s syndrome, so no one else wanted to be around her. Benny was just as loud, and didn’t mind the vulgar things she said, or the ticks she had. As far as powers go, she had Benzinakinesis, she could manipulate glass. She was always scribbling away with crayons, it helped calm her, and it did actually ease her ticks. She drew animals, and flowers. After Ben asked for a drawing, she had gotten so excited and drew different pictures for him nonstop. He kept every single one.

One day, after only a year of being here, she just vanished.

Benjamin never really made an effort to try to get close too anyone after that. The only ones he considered friends were Ramona, and Xerxes. But even then he was pretty sure they only tolerated him at most times. He didn’t mind.

“Ugghhhh.” He groaned aloud then shifted his position on the floor so he would be lying on his back instead of his side.
The small pitter-patter on the window let him know that it had finally started raining.

Last edited:
Break saw the girl wave at him to come over and slowly shook his head not wanting to interrupt the conversation and kept walking up the stairs. He looked back at Lucious as he ran over, thankfully normal. He caught the smile he had on his face before he hid it. "Hey, Lucious. I saw him before he went to his room but I'm going to go bother him later and maybe play UNO with him." He looked behind them. "Did I interrupt your conversation?" He asked softly, feeling bad. He's spoken to Lucious since he got here and he thought he should make friends with others. He couldn't help a part of him wanted to be selfish and keep Lucious to himself. He'd never tell anyone that though. He then saw the girl run up to them before disappearing and he looked around questioningly.

vielpotato vielpotato
sidelined sidelined

Oh no, you didn’t interrupt anything at all so don’t worry. I was just messing around and was having some fun with her. Then some Nurse decided to ruin all the fun.
Lucious states, then acts like he’s pouting while he walks with Break. Lucious definitly seems like he’s in a happy mood, but then sighs eventually.
I wonder if classes will be any different with all of these kids with powers. And I wonder if they’ll teach them how to control them as well. Cause if the faculty don’t, someone has too.
Zayne1694 Zayne1694

Last edited:
vielpotato vielpotato Zayne1694 Zayne1694

She laughed as she looked at the other boy, "My name is Reyna," she bowed and the stood back up," What's yours?" Then for revenge she elbowed Lucious in the side and smiled manically, "That's for messing with me."

Kathryn decided to get up from the window sill and look for an empty room to draw or read in, she hadn't had anytime to explore thanks to avoiding the other students and the doctors keeping a keen eye on her till she was settled in, which she has yet to do so far. The enclosure of the school made her a little on edge as if something would chase her down the hallways till she had no where to run but then again that wouldn't be so bad, she wouldn't be stuck in here anymore scared of herself or the others around her. Kathryn didn't want to go back the her bleak room and would only go back if she had to. She walked up the stairs avoiding the group at the top of the staircase, she quietly slipped by and hid behind her hair as she began her adventure to find a room that she would be left alone in.

He took the knife by the handle and stepped up to the counter.

"My own risk? Risk of smoke inhalation?" he smirked teasingly. "Now that you're here, what exactly are you going to do?"

He began peeling the potatoes carefully, discarding the skins in a pile at the edge of the cutting board.

Please be science. Also what could she mean by my own risk? Is it just plain teasing or a sincere warning?

Angel Sapphire Angel Sapphire
sorry for the wait!

"No," she giggled. Not a suggestive giggle, but something close to sadism. "Never mind. It won't happen again. Thank you for the help."

She sealed the beef and marinade in a zip-lock bag and gave it a toss. She stirred the chicken broth and vegetables and put in some noodles.

"Hello, Hecate. Why don't you request what you want? I can make it. Let your guards have some down time."

She looked at the restrained boy and the guards heading inside the kitchen. She turned back to her senior staff.

"Well, the dean told me to teach math and science, but if other things need to be taught, I can teach some more. Do we have P.E. Classes here?"

Break laughed softly at Lucious. He was kinda cute when he pouted, but he would never let him know that. "Nurses tend to do that. And that's not just here either. They're even worse in hospitals." He grumbled lightly. "Well I've been here for a year, and I can tell you that classes definitely are different than in a normal school. They sometimes try and find someone with our powers to try and help us control them. But they fail most of the time because, I mean when you think about it. Who has our powers? Right?" He shrugged lightly and sighed. "Who's going to help them control them? You?" He giggled and poked him in the side. Noticing the girl once more he smiled and bowed back at her. "Hello Reyna. The name is Xerxes but please call me Break." His eye widen a bit and he laughed hard, almost falling over when she elbowed Lucious in the side.

vielpotato vielpotato
sidelined sidelined

No thank you Ma’am, my friends are perfectly capable to make me my food. Thank you for the offer however.
Hecate says, in a polite tone while bowing. Of course, Hecate new better than trusting teachers to cook. This is a prison after all, so they could put anything in his food.
A Angelus

Lucious sighed when elbowed, but slightly blushed when Break started to laugh and when he poked Lucious. Of course Lucious hid the blush from the girl, but left it long enough for Break to surely notice it.
I suppose someone will have to provide some basic training, with people who have similar style of abilities. Find people you can use it well enough, and have them help the ones who cannot control theirs as easily. Of course, it won’t be easy nor perfect but it’d be better than not having as nearly as much control from having it on and off.
Zayne1694 Zayne1694
sidelined sidelined

Dr.Stein had ignored Hecate's entrance(because I missed the post lol). But was still aware of his presence. He found it odd that this boy's guards were so compliant with his orders. It would make more sense for them to be reluctant to do anything for him.

"Is there anything else you need? Cooking or otherwise?"

The offer was more stay stay by Hecate, learn more about him. That would be easier with more people around. Ian had yet to give him more specific orders. Plus he still had more to learn about his new colleague Jennifer. He had noticed her giggle, a bit sadistic. Which would track, as most of the staff here had some kind of trauma, much like the patients.

"We do teach P.E, you'll probably end up teaching a couple of those."

Finally, someone to lighten my workload. Well the boring load.

vielpotato vielpotato

She finished the consomme soup and put it off the stove. She cleaned and oiled a pan, then stir fried the beef. A wonderful aroma wafted throughout the kitchen.

"I don't mind. The more I teach, the better I feel. Oh, can you roast those potatoes? I'm using them as a side dish."

She swept her work station clean and got another pot.

"Do you guys eat rice here? These would go really great with rice. Maybe I'll make Caesar's salad, but I need to rush to the market for some fresh vegetables."

Benjamin
He laid on his back for what seemed like forever. His bones felt like they weighed a ton each,
and his skin was just the bag meant to carry them. Eww, flesh bags. He raised his left arm into
the air, palm facing upwards. He closed his eyes and envisioned stars. He opened his eyes,
and tried very hard to bring forth a rip in dimension to a place where the earth didn't
exist, a place where only stars inhabited the area. He could see the air above start to stretch
as it tried to rip apart, rippling like a waterbed. The edges started to become clearer, and
a line started to appear, looking like a closed mouth.

The wind howled loudly, and his focus shifted for a second too long. The hole that was surely
about to form caved in on itself and disappeared. Benjamin let his arm drop back down as he
slowly sat up.

"Oh COME ON!" He yelled to the ceiling. He was so close.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back