• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic Alaria B Train

Idea

The Pun Tyrant
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
images

In the near future, society is in uproar as one of the most staple inventions of science fiction passes on to reality: The teleportation device was invented.

98904167bf1c5ad6978d6e9b414a59699f4b58bf.jpg

The machine had a quick growth and search in the market, it´s great production greatly lowering in costs. Soon, the machine was in every corner of every city and some where even private networks. However, the impact was severe on other forms of transportation. With the teleportation devices, the price was similar, but it could take hours in a certain transport what would take moment with a teleporting device. Many transport businesses went bankrupt and even today there are still protests against the machine for this.

87485.jpg

Some forms of transportation, however, survived by changing their approach to business. Instead of reaching the destination, the journey was the selling point. Trains, for example, had a large tourist swing, and often doubled as hotels and restaurants.

162235-bigthumbnail.jpg

The RP focuses on one of those trains, the privatised train "Turba", and those working there with their attempts at saving the train from falling to the crisis. It is financially strained train that connects the two ends of the small country of Alaria (note: country made up for this RP, northen Europe).

Genres:
Slice of Life, Scifi

Mood:
Lighthearted

Post Requirements:
2+ paragraphs (at least 5 sentences each) and Content Minimum

Character Sheets:
Complex (anime pics)

Interest:
You decide!

If you have any questions, feel free to ask

the content minimum is a concept that establishes what elements needs to en oresent in a post in order for it to be acceptable for a given roleplay. The content minimum is irrespective of size: if you can pull off all it needs in just one paragraph, good for you.

For this thread, the content minimum will be as follows:

•Any and all character thoughts, emotions, reactions and actions- I don't think I need to be explain these

•All appropriate mentions and interactions- if anyone is or should be interacting with you, if there Is someone your character noticed but won't go interact with

•All changes in position in time or space- time skips and any motion your character does: I want to know when and where they start and when and where they finish.

•Descriptions of relative positioning- if you're in a room, I want to know where in the room

•setting description upon transition- if you go into a new place describe how it looks and feels

•setting interaction- if anything in the setting, be it the breeze, the heat, the toys in the ground, whatever, if there is interaction with you

Last edited:
I like the concept. I like the potential for depth in the idea. I have a lot to offer a RP like this in terms of narrative structure and believable character. I don't like putting pictures in my work. I am also apparently engaged in a gung-ho RP about space-soldiers.

Can I still play?

I like the concept. I like the potential for depth in the idea. I have a lot to offer a RP like this in terms of narrative structure and believable character. I don't like putting pictures in my work. I am also apparently engaged in a gung-ho RP about space-soldiers.

Can I still play?
As for the pictures part, you´ll have the option to use a description for appearance. Regarding the space soldiers, your character won´t be alllowed to be one, but I can tweak the setting so as to allow you to be some kind of former astronaut security guard, if you´d like?

As for the pictures part, you´ll have the option to use a description for appearance. Regarding the space soldiers, your character won´t be alllowed to be one, but I can tweak the setting so as to allow you to be some kind of former astronaut security guard, if you´d like?

So ... I was tired when I wrote this. I see that anime pics are for the CS and not regular posts. Will read more carefully in future.

No. lol. I don't want to copy/paste my character over from "Space 'Nam." I'm new. Was just checking to see if involvement in another RP (especially a more action-oriented one) would preclude me from joining.

I'll put together a CS if and you can veto the bits that don't fit right. If that's cool?

So ... I was tired when I wrote this. I see that anime pics are for the CS and not regular posts. Will read more carefully in future.

No. lol. I don't want to copy/paste my character over from "Space 'Nam." I'm new. Was just checking to see if involvement in another RP (especially a more action-oriented one) would preclude me from joining.

I'll put together a CS if and you can veto the bits that don't fit right. If that's cool?
Ah, I see. Well, of course, everyone is encouraged to try something new. You don´t need to ask, really: Never seen or met anyone who would forbid you from joining a certain roleplay just because you normally are in different ones.

And obviously, I´ll be reviewing every single CS.

This sounds interesting. I'm curious and not certain if I'd like to participate or not. I'm rather new to forum RP. I'm assuming that you'll want characters such as servers, cooks, maids, engineers, and other individuals who actually run the train. What about the business side? Are you interested in characters such as the owner and/or board of directors, their lawyers, business partners, etc?

This sounds interesting. I'm curious and not certain if I'd like to participate or not. I'm rather new to forum RP. I'm assuming that you'll want characters such as servers, cooks, maids, engineers, and other individuals who actually run the train. What about the business side? Are you interested in characters such as the owner and/or board of directors, their lawyers, business partners, etc?
ownership will be handled by me. This is a privatized train owned by whatever character I come up with to do so. While in the long run, the possibility of someone making a lawyer isn´t too far fetched, I would rather didn´t do so right now or they might be left with nothing to do very quickly.

And by the by, welcome to forum RP!

ownership will be handled by me. This is a privatized train owned by whatever character I come up with to do so. While in the long run, the possibility of someone making a lawyer isn´t too far fetched, I would rather didn´t do so right now or they might be left with nothing to do very quickly.
I guess my question was meant to be more generic than specific. IE, are you looking just at the train from the inside, or are you also interested in the business from the outside? That can include all manner of things, from accounting to marketing to legal issues and business partnerships, public relations... you name it. I'm just trying to figure out how narrow the focus of the plot will be.

And by the by, welcome to forum RP!
Thank you!

I guess my question was meant to be more generic than specific. IE, are you looking just at the train from the inside, or are you also interested in the business from the outside? That can include all manner of things, from accounting to marketing to legal issues and business partnerships, public relations... you name it. I'm just trying to figure out how narrow the focus of the plot will be.
Character wise, it would fall in the first category. As far as occupations and such go, all characters have the kind of jobs within the train´s system.

However, the plot , while mostly centered on the train and if it goes as I planned, will also involve many burocratic aspects outside of the train.

Character wise, it would fall in the first category. As far as occupations and such go, all characters have the kind of jobs within the train´s system.

However, the plot , while mostly centered on the train and if it goes as I planned, will also involve many burocratic aspects outside of the train.
So... a bit of both with a primary focus internally. Someone like an accountant, who would spend most of his/her time in the train managing the books, might go into town for a few hours to handle a business transaction or discuss a financial situation with the bank. That kind of thing?

So... a bit of both with a primary focus internally. Someone like an accountant, who would spend most of his/her time in the train managing the books, might go into town for a few hours to handle a business transaction or discuss a financial situation with the bank. That kind of thing?
plot wise, things will go from, "we are missing food", "the clients don´t like the hiegene", "someone broke a plate" or "people are bored" to "there´s a debt and a big name business man is determined to take us down", "the government wants the train back", "there is a fire in town and we need to go help", "there´s an economic crisis in the horizon" or "someone was kidnapped"

that help?

plot wise, things will go from, "we are missing food", "the clients don´t like the hiegene", "someone broke a plate" or "people are bored" to "there´s a debt and a big name business man is determined to take us down", "the government wants the train back", "there is a fire in town and we need to go help", "there´s an economic crisis in the horizon" or "someone was kidnapped"

It sounds more like a bunch of mini-plots as opposed to one overall plot, so yes, that helps. Thank you.

It sounds more like a bunch of mini-plots as opposed to one overall plot, so yes, that helps. Thank you.
its a slice of life. The plot structure is more episodic than one big continuous thread. There is still continuity, though, in that things don´t reset and what is done is done and the consequences come.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back