What's new
  • If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Alabastor: Age of Heroes

Sub Genres
Action, Adventure, Magical

Severinus

Searcher of distant places
Character accepted, but a quick question: Shouldn't your Scores in Alteration and Restoration be 7 and 6 respectively? Because what I'm seeing in those two aren't quite adding up with your techniques.
Thank you. I changed it accordingly to fit the sums.

Radley

Still in Saigon
Hi. Whilst I'm currently involved in a slower-moving RP with long time associates who migrated here from another forum, I was thinking it might be time to branch out, try to meet some new people here and get back into some good ol' fantasy.

The premise is interesting and the concepts you've laid out seem to be thoroughly designed.
While I can say "sandwiches" already, I will take some time to familiarize myself some more with the Astra and it's relating systems.

Before I turn in my CS, I have two questions.
Are the races of the world set in stone? I was hoping to play as a goblin and as I am very particular about my character designs I'd rather not play anything else.

Second question; At what times are people usually active in this thread? As I live in europe, it can be difficult to play in a thread dominated by americans.

WorldWeaver

Dreamer of the Impossible
Hmmmm...I did have goblins as a race in the beta version of Alabastor...I suppose it wouldn't hurt to add them. Sure.

As for your second question, I wouldn't know. Sorry.

Radley

Still in Saigon
The CS
Kofsia.jpg
Kofsia Silvergrin
Aliases: Captain Kofie
Race: Goblin
Faction/Guild: Copper Company Mercenary Guild - Sent to assist Baoithin Dornain and the Golden Star guild as a repayment of a personal favor from Guildmaster Hallix.

Astral Components
Total: (24/30)
Alteration: 6
Construct: 0
Destruction: 6
Elemental (Fire): 10
Illusion: 0
Restoration: 2
Summoning: 0

Astra Technique List:
  • Fiery resolve (Alteration 2 + Elemental 2): Imbues Kofsia or any ally with the element of fire, forming a sort of shield around them that lessens damage from ranged or astral attacks.
  • Great orb of Un (Destruction 3 + Elemental 3): Kofsia summons a greater fireball, which she hurls at targets. Upon impact, the fireball explodes and engulfs the area in flames.
  • Dragon's tongue (Destruction 3 + Elemental 3): Kofsia concentrates her astral powers into her hands, allowing her to shoot out a stream of fire.
  • Restoration (Restoration 2 + Alteration 2): A simple spell that can cure minor ailments and heal minor injuries. Although a strange addition to Kofsia's rather destructive arsenal, she studied it so that she could look out for the most important person in her life, herself.
  • Kivyrian coat (Alteration 2 + Elemental 2): A somewhat complicated technique that allows the caster to regulate their body temperature by either expelling or imbuing them with heat. Helps the caster to withstand most climates, from scorching deserts to frozen tundras.
Personality:
Greedy, egotistical and vain, those are a few of the many words people have used to describe Captain Kofsia Silvergrin of the Copper Company, Archgrandmaster of the School of Un. Kofsia loves only one thing more than herself and her mastery over elemental astra, and that is money. Opportunistic and cunning, Kofsia will utilize any excuses if she can see herself benefiting from the outcome. And while embodying both grand avarice and arrogant pride, it is difficult to deny her talents as a astral practitioner. Being a goblin, she either had to choose between becoming an assassin or a mage, of which she chose the latter. Whilst her compatriots studied the arts of the blade and poisons, Kofisa devoured books and scrolls that detailed the School of Un, a astral path using destructive fire. As her proficiency grew over the years she earned the rank of captain in the Copper Company Mercenary Guild, as well bestowed upon herself the title of Archgrandmaster of Un.

Last edited:

Ace Cream

Frozen Pooppy
Greater fireball (Destruction 4 + Elemental 4): Kofsia summons a greater fireball, which she hurls at targets. Upon impact, the fireball explodes and engulfs the area in flames.
The max astral point for a technique is three per component. So it would be capped at (destruction 3 + elemental 3).

The CS
View attachment 661315
Kofsia Silvergrin
Aliases: Captain Kofie
Race: Goblin
Faction/Guild: Copper Company Mercenary Guild

Astral Components
Total: (20/30)
Alteration: 6
Construct: 0
Destruction: 6
Elemental (Fire): 10
Illusion: 0
Summoning: 0

Astra Technique List:
  • Fiery resolve (Alteration 2 + Elemental 2): Imbues Kofsia or any ally with the element of fire, forming a sort of shield around them that lessens damage from ranged or astral attacks.
  • Great orb of Un (Destruction 3 + Elemental 3): Kofsia summons a greater fireball, which she hurls at targets. Upon impact, the fireball explodes and engulfs the area in flames.
  • Dragon's tongue (Destruction 3 + Elemental 3): Kofsia concentrates her astral powers into her hands, allowing her to shoot out a stream of fire.
  • Restoration (Restoration 2 + Alteration 2): A simple spell that can cure minor ailments and heal minor injuries. Although a strange addition to Kofsia's rather destructive arsenal, she studied it so that she could look out for the most important person in her life, herself.
  • Kivyrian coat (Alteration 2 + Elemental 2): A somewhat complicated technique that allows the caster to regulate their body temperature by either expelling or imbuing them with heat. Helps the caster to withstand most climates, from scorching deserts to frozen tundras.
Personality:
Greedy, egotistical and vain, those are a few of the many words people have used to describe Captain Kofsia Silvergrin of the Copper Company, Archgrandmaster of the School of Un. Kofsia loves only one thing more than herself and her mastery over elemental astra, and that is money. Opportunistic and cunning, Kofsia will utilize any excuses if she can see herself benefiting from the outcome. And while embodying both grand avarice and arrogant pride, it is difficult to deny her talents as a astral practitioner. Being a goblin, she either had to choose between becoming an assassin or a mage, of which she chose the latter. Whilst her compatriots studied the arts of the blade and poisons, Kofisa devoured books and scrolls that detailed the School of Un, a astral path using destructive fire. As her proficiency grew over the years she earned the rank of captain in the Copper Company Mercenary Guild, as well bestowed upon herself the title of Archgrandmaster of Un.
Your total in Astral components is 24.

AncientBird

Reptile with wings and plumes.
I am interested but I have a question.

Do beastfolks have to be half animal/half humanoid? Can they be just sentient animals with ability to speak or supernatural power or something like that?

WorldWeaver

Dreamer of the Impossible
Actually, yes. Beastfolk can be any percentage humanoid or animal. They retain the ability to speak the mortal languages, and to think with sentience, and like all living things, they can use Astra just as capably.

honeylemon

Sweetest Fiend
Do you have room for another?
(This is so interesting! I’ll start on a CS after I get a snack, maybe make some sandwiches.)

AncientBird

Alright here's my sheet. Tell me if it's legit or need to be edited, ok?

Name: Billawanka Babadosi or "Bill"
Race: Beastfolk (Phalacrocorax aka cormorant)
Appearnace:

Faction/Guild: Neutral mercenary (for now)

Astral Components
Alteration: 4
Construct: 2
Destruction:
Elemental (water): 7
Illusion:
Summoning:

As a member of Barbadosan tribe of Phalacrocorax, which evolved in the area exposed by Astra, Billawanka naturally inherits most of magical ability from his ancestors. However, he did master the construct component by himself after years of training.

Astra Technique List:
- Soggy plume (Alteration 4, Elemental 3)
Bill can coated his feathers with water magic. This makes them immune to burn from fire and highly resistant to high temperature. It also make his body slippery which Bill can slip and slide around quickly on any terrain, good for moving on land. It's also harder for his opponent to take a grip or land any physical attack on him, for it may slips off his body.
- Water carrier (Elemental 2)
Bill magically contains water in his feathers wherever he takes a dip, which can be release from his body to flood a small area around him, dampens the land to hinder his opponent's movement and enables his healing ability. He however could run out of the water and would have to take a dip somewhere to refill it.
- Aquatic treatment (Restoration2, Elemental 2)
Bill can heal himself from physical injury when staying in the water or any damp terrain. Though it doesn’t grant him immortality in the water, it does put him a great advantage over his enemy and can easily turn the tide to his favor. The duration it takes for him to fully heal depend on how severe is the injury and how much water is around him.
- Magic harpoon (Construct 2)
Bill can create his trusty battle harpoon from astral energy. The magic harpoon called "Gutter" can easily slice through any hide or metal and can be called back to Bill's hold whenever it's hurled out for range attack.

Personality: Bill is a boisterous, loud mouth extrovert. He can either quickly make friend or enemy anywhere he goes. However, he can be serious of his duty and be very loyal to someone that treats him good and he himself can also a caring friend. Getting on his bad side however will cause the cormorant to be very furious and spiteful. He will hunt “his prey” down and nothing is gonna stop him in his way.

Background: Bill came from an uncontacted tribe of Phalacrocorax beastfolk called Babadosan tribe, which lives in an isolated region of jungle, swamp and bayou. From birth, the Babadosan's life is threatened by dangerous monsters that inhabit their world, so every single members are trained to be fierce warrior and hunter that rules the watery domain. With abilities, skill and unity within the tribe, they have little to worry in their homeland and are happy to stay there the rest of their life, but Bill is different from the rest. He always dreams of grand adventure he may take part in the outside world. Even with some resistance from his family, he finally left his homeland to wander the world. Now he is a mercenary, looking out for fame and companions with the desire to know more about the world.

Other details: He has weird accent...

Also "Sandwiches"

Last edited:

CryWitch

The Hanged Man
Hello! I was wondering if this group was still accepting characters? I just joined this site but I've done text RP for a couple years now. By the way Subway is probably my favourite place to get sandwiches!

CHARACTER SHEETS:
Name: Blair Elmheart
Race: Sidhe
Faction/Guild: Moon's Equinox (mystic/divination guild if that is something we can possibly bring in?)

a7283d2c826591d21097e4dfb59d765a.jpg

Astral Components
Illusion: 8
Restoration: 6
Total: 14

Astra Technique List:
-Technique name (Components/Cost)*

Foresight - (Personal item from or piece of target// Illusion 8)
The caster will receive a vision in a series of symbols, riddles, and/or images on the intended subject. (Ie. If someone wishes to know a person's whereabouts, the caster will use the targets item (blood, jewelry, hair, etc) to gain insight on their location. The closer the target is attached to the items; the more successful and clearer the answer.) This ability is extremely taxing on the caster.

Fortune's Favor - (A four leaf clover and a lock of target's hair// Illusion 2)
Luck will be on your side as this ability will grant the target a little extra luck. (Ie. Winning a game of dice, hitting an a long distance target, finding a silver coin on the road.)

Mind Link - (Small obsidian mirror// Illusion 4)
The caster presses a small round obsidian mirror to their own forehead and concentrates on the known target to telepathically send a message to the receiver. The caster must have physically touched the target beforehand in order to connect mentally. The recipient can refuse the telepathic connect if desired.

Vitality -(Restoration 2)
The caster breathes healing energy into the wounded to seal cuts, mend broken bones, and stop heavy bleeding.

Poultice - (Restoration 2)
The caster is able to draw out lethal poisons and disease from the target through the skin.

Personality: Blair is an eccentric soul who can be a bit mischievous at times. She enjoys drinking tea and reading tarot cards to see what the coming day will hold. When frightened she will hide in small crevices or behind a larger ally.

AncientBird

I think it’s pretty much dead. I submitted even before new year when this RP was new, and haven’t been accepted.

Also its role-play thread seems to be inactive for a while now.

CryWitch

The Hanged Man
I think it’s pretty much dead. I submitted even before new year when this RP was new, and haven’t been accepted.

Also its role-play thread seems to be inactive for a while now.
Aww okay thanks for letting me know! I'll have to look elsewhere then.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)