Anime & Manga Akame Ga Kill, it Kill La Kill anyone?

Mikulovescatsbackup

Making my way through the underground
I've noticed how a lot of people haven't watched these animes. I'm hoping someone out there will read this, and we can have a good long discussion about one of them. Because it seems to becoming increasingly harder to find anyone who has any knowledge on the animes. I hope I can find someone to discuss this with.

Akame Ga Kill is pretty underrated and its not really an anime that appears on anyones suggestion list, because at least at first glance its like another average shounen. But god damn the butchering of the main cast is really hard to come across nowadays where everyone and their mother has plot armor.

Kill La Kill is something everyone has watched but is not willing to admit for the same reasons you keep your door shut when you want some "precious alone time" if you get what I mean. Though despite the rather blatant fan service its a pretty awesome shounen battle anime that Ive watched twice (once in subs and another in dub). The art style is unique and the animation feels incredibly outstanding as is the standard with Trigger.

Akame Ga Kill is pretty underrated and its not really an anime that appears on anyones suggestion list, because at least at first glance its like another average shounen. But god damn the butchering of the main cast is really hard to come across nowadays where everyone and their mother has plot armor.
Major spoiler

Kill La Kill is something everyone has watched but is not willing to admit for the same reasons you keep your door shut when you want some "precious alone time" if you get what I mean. Though despite the rather blatant fan service its a pretty awesome shounen battle anime that Ive watched twice (once in subs and another in dub). The art style is unique and the animation feels incredibly outstanding as is the standard with Trigger.
Idk man I'd say Kill La Kill is a magical girl anime

I've heard the Akame ga Kill anime is anywhere from mediocre to awful and that the manga was a lot better, so I dunno. The anime seems like it came across as too edgy, and there weren't nearly as many deaths in the original material. Heard the anime team took lots of creative liberties and basically made their own ending, too.

Planning to watch Kill la Kill at some point because it just looks like too much fun to miss out on.

Man, I love Kill la Kill. It's quite possibly my most favorite anime EVER. I don't usually like or even tolerate fanservice, but it just goes hand in hand with the show's themes and stylistic flair here. It proves that execution matters above everything. Plus, Satsuki is love, Satsuki is life.

they're not really similar shows though, Kill la Kill is pure joy and ridiculousness in anime form and Akame Ga Kill is tedious and self important.

Or uh, seemed tedious and self important. I only watched like three episodes.

Akame ga kill was amazing, wish it was a different ending tho.

I didn't exactly read or watch Kill la Kill, but I've recently gotten into Akame ga Kill. Despite all its flaws, I'm still strangely attracted to it. XD

Kill la kill was good! I wasn't a big fan of the fanservice but it seemed to mock itself for it so I was alright with it.

Akame ga kill was also pretty nice. It became a little predictable towards the end though, but I enjoyed the characters and the battles.

Akame ga Kill is a wonderful anime which really doesn't get the attention it deserves. Of course there's some problems with it but the way it draws you into a character and then rips it away, I'm not sure how you can hate that but also love it any more than you already do. Not enough anime's take risk and instead cater to an audience.

I’ve seen both and I loved the mockery of fanservice in kill la kill I also loved the final plot reveal was an amazing plot twist on the life fibers

As for akame ga kill I have watched the anime and read a good bit of the manga all the way up to the sister show down scene and it was by far better than the anime but I still loved the anime when I finished it though I was in an rp of akame ga kill on here and one of the people on here posted a YouTube video of every death in order of appearance

From the first episode until the last Akame ga Kill was one of the best watch i have ever had if anything I think they ended it too soon but iirc anime team didn't take too much liberty with it and everything was green-lighted by mangaka eventhough he had other plans for its ending I might be wrong though.

For Kill la Kill I had mixed feelings when a friend told me it was done by same group that did Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann for some reason it never sit well with me the tone of the anime however i would be lying if I didn't enjoy it at least concept of plot until the end was an interesting one but i think its ending was lacking compared to rest of series.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back